Thread: items and SS rank

items and SS rank

so far from what i have seen, if you use items or have something equiped onto your guys you will get the bonus/extended stuff on some levels...but if you have nothing on, you do not get the bonus/extended stuff, you get 2m points at the end of beating a song.

so, who here plays with nothing equiped? i know i do

I don't play with anything equipped

I didn't know there was an SS grade 0.o

Originally Posted by Silvercube

I don't play with anything equipped

I didn't know there was an SS grade 0.o

yep, the SS grade is the best. just get atleast 7 million points from playing, then it will add the 2m, so in order to get SS on any song you need atleast 9 million points and you cant get that with items on ;D

Here's how the ranking goes (I don't know about below B, because I've never gotten it)

5,999,999 or lower - B
    6,000,000-6,999,999 - A
    7,000,000-8,999,999 - S
    9,000,000 or higer - SS
    9,999,999 AND every note critical'd - SSS

Note that the score cap is 7,999,999, and Stoic bonus is the only way to break that. Stoic bonus is 2,000,000 and applied at the end of every stage.I am assuming the scores switch over at the million markers, as I have gotten 6.01 mil for an A and 5.96 mil for a B, and have had similar scorings with the rest of them.

Also note, if you will get the Stoic bonus you WILL NOT get any Feature Zones, AKA Summon Attacks (BMS), Chocobos (FMS), and Extended Videos (EMS). What I'm doing is equipping skills when I play songs in challenge mode and play until I can S rank everything without the Stoic bonus, then when I go to do the series mode I remove my skills to easily SS everything.

Anyone managed a SSS Rank yet? I haven't yet, but I've seen YT vids of it so I know it does indeed happen.

there an SSS rank holy wow... i only got SS in one song. >-> must pratice to get SSS now.

Like I said, you have to get a critical hit on EVERY note AND get the Stoic bonus to get it. It'll take a lot of work. I actually got really close once, I had a song where I got 1 "Great" and 1 "Bad" and got the Stoic bonus, my score was something like 9.92 mil.

Oh wow, lol I'll be happy to get a B. I haven't yet mastered the arrow signs, especially when you have to hold down the green sign and then there's an arrow sign, I'm terrible at it. Any tips?

I was having a tough time with them too, until I realized something: I wasn't pressing down hard enough. When I pressed a little harder (don't kill your screen if you try doing this though), I started getting criticals on all of the swipes that I was correctly inputting (I still occasionally swipe the wrong way lol). If that isn't your problem, you're most likely letting the stylus stay on the screen too long. Try being more abrupt and faster with your swipes. Also, apparently some people have found that keeping the swipes in the middle of the screen helps them register easier. I can't tell a difference TBH but it's something to try if all else fails.

Thanks Basho, I will try your suggestions. : )

I seem to have the most difficulty with them on the EMS and BMS stages.

What's this Stoic bonus?

It's the 2,000,000 point bonus added on to your score at the end of a song if you have no skills or items equipped. The tutorials and game manual both talk about it. It's the only way to break the score limit of 7,999,999, making the new limit 9,999,999.

Ahhhhh, no skills, that's why I haven't been getting it. I'd be getting SS all the time had I known that part haha. I thought it was just "no items". Thanks!

Originally Posted by Basho

Like I said, you have to get a critical hit on EVERY note AND get the Stoic bonus to get it. It'll take a lot of work. I actually got really close once, I had a song where I got 1 "Great" and 1 "Bad" and got the Stoic bonus, my score was something like 9.92 mil.

same with me, i got a perfect on every note but one, that one i messed up on was a "great" one .