Thread: Will the PC version be done on time?

Will the PC version be done on time?

Will the PC version be done on time?

Blah, blah blah the PS2 version has this, and blah blah blah the Xbox version has that... We guess the PC will have the same but we did not get to test it.

Every preview that comes out says the same thing.

I am starting to wonder if its really coming out on the PC or if are they are just yanking our chains.

How about letting someone actually preview the PC version! (If it really exists that is)
    • If you want to live life on your own terms, you gotta be willing to crash and burn.

Nowadays multi platform games reviewed or previewed mainly for consols. PC always comes for the second. Probably it is intended for wider console players.

I am going to play it on the PC, as every FPS should be played on. Recent Rid game proved that. On Xbox controls are ok. But in PC it is much more playable with mouse and keyboard. The same will stand for Snowblind for sure. I even didnt mentioned for graphical superiority.
    For consols, Third person games shine.
    By the way, consol players can lay on the carpet while playing

I emailed Eidos and was told the game won't come out on the PC until Mar. 5th. They couldn't give me minumum specs or anything, and suggested I come to this forum to find out more.

Why they would say something like that I have no idea, as obviously no one here knows anything either. Any devs reading? How about some info?

Arrow

I preordered at Amazon & the [PC] release date there is 3/22....FWIW

I suppose it may be possible, but since I got this from Eidos themselves, I would tend to believe them, although I wish you luck.

It looks to me to be a good game if they optimize it for the PC. I heard it's kinda based on Deus Ex with bio-mods and such, so I have high hopes for it as the original DE is the best game ever made IMO, and remains so even today.

Originally Posted by mgeorge
    I suppose it may be possible, but since I got this from Eidos themselves, I would tend to believe them, although I wish you luck.

It looks to me to be a good game if they optimize it for the PC. I heard it's kinda based on Deus Ex with bio-mods and such, so I have high hopes for it as the original DE is the best game ever made IMO, and remains so even today.
    We are here and reading.. When we have some news will post it. PC specs are currently being finalised
    www.imdb.me/jasonwalker <-thas me hehe
    Twitter: @jaywalker2309
    - My opinion is my own and not that of the company.

PC specs are currently being finalised eh? I am curious.

Almost as curious as if "in stores Feb 23 '05", means the same thing to PC gamers as is does to console players.
    • If you want to live life on your own terms, you gotta be willing to crash and burn.

Grey Mouser Guest
    Originally Posted by BrainPrawn
    PC specs are currently being finalised eh? I am curious.
    So are we!!

Also, I never believe a release date until I have a disc in my hands...

I have tried but I still can't help getting my hopes up everytime I see a possible release date. Even letdown after letdown after letdown.

Its kind of like pizza. I have eaten zillions of slices and it still does not matter if I see steam coming off of it or if it burns my hand, I still take a bite and burn my toungue.

You would think that I would have learned by now.

Originally Posted by BrainPrawn
    I have tried but I still can't help getting my hopes up everytime I see a possible release date. Even letdown after letdown after letdown.

Its kind of like pizza. I have eaten zillions of slices and it still does not matter if I see steam coming off of it or if it burns my hand, I still take a bite and burn my toungue.

You would think that I would have learned by now.
    Ahh now u see when it comes to pizza eating i have perfected this art.. I dont eat tomato you see, so i have a pizza with no tomato base and the toppings sit ontop of the lovely cheese layer. Without the tomato there is no `hot topping sliding` action, no spillage, no burning..
    www.imdb.me/jasonwalker <-thas me hehe
    Twitter: @jaywalker2309
    - My opinion is my own and not that of the company.

Originally Posted by jaycw2309
    Ahh now u see when it comes to pizza eating i have perfected this art.. I dont eat tomato you see, so i have a pizza with no tomato base and the toppings sit ontop of the lovely cheese layer. Without the tomato there is no `hot topping sliding` action, no spillage, no burning..

Yeah JCW, I forgot, you and your raw steaks and no vegetables. We just about had to force some salad down your throat in Indianapolis!
    "Happiness requires freedom, and freedom requires courage."

-Pericles