Page 1 of 17 1234511 ... Last

Thread: 25 to Life Suggestion Thread

25 to Life Suggestion Thread

25 to Life Suggestion Thread

Hey guys,

I've noticed there has been a lot of suggestion posts popping up in the last few weeks so I thought it would be good to keep them all in one place. Feel free to post and discuss your ideas for what should be in the game for either Single player or Multiplayer.

When posting try and support your suggestion as much as possible with examples from other games. Do your best to show what works (or doesn't) through examples or experiences. Above all else, have fun and keep the ideas coming.

From Marker227's front page threads:

Throwing Grenades/Dropping Them
    When you throw a grenade you should be able to do it underhand or even basically roll it to your object. When you get shot if you have a grenade in hand but not thrown then that grenade or what ever is in your hand should fall then detonate. No matter if it leaves your hand the pin will shoot off when it falls.

Tactical Lights/FlashBangs/More/Equipment for Cops
    It'd be cool if you could upgrade your guns to have tactical flash lights on them. Customize your gun. And that if you say like buy a good tactical vest that you can hold a little more ammo in your pouches. The cops also need flash bangs no doubt. But make it so you cant through them to far so its not realaistic. We need breching charges to blow open doors.

The Point Store
    It would be cool that if you got certain types of boots for a cop and gangster that different kinds would make you run/walk differently, that way a player has a reason to get upgraded and push forward.

Arrest's
    It'd be cool if we could arrest someone in stead of having to kill them everytime. Taking someone down is the last option for a cop. You would get more points that way for the store

When you arrest someone you should be able to walk them back to a game positioned car/vehicle and put them in there. That way a gangster has a chance to free his buddy before he gets put away.

Battering Rams/Team Shields
    There should be battering rams for like a secondary so you can get into tougher doors wrather then trying to kick them down.

We could also use a shield for some kind of secondary. That way teams could operate better for busting in doors and what not.

http://www.tempe.gov/police/employment/swath15.jpg

A MUST!!!

theres 2 much fake crap out there
    please make this REAL.

i like the look of the game so far, the modes look cool, but theres one area i am a little concerned about: "TAG MODE". the idea sounds real good if its done right, if its done wrong it will be a real let down. my deal is with the customization of your own original "tag" or graphic. there needs to be more than just an alphabet you can tweek , but a paint tool similar to other games, where you can actually draw your own GRAFF graphic, and this MUST be included. if not this mode will be little more than another crappy way for game developers to throw in cheap imitations of STREET ART into their game - im tired of seeing it. they need to stop trying to use the "true to dat street my homie g dawg" attitude and look into how they can make their game look and feel realistic and fun.

thatz it.
    ... i CaN CaRe LesS Ab0ut GrAmMeR, PuNcTuATi0N, SpeLLiNg, CaPiTaLiZaTi0N, 0R AnYtHiNg eLse INv0Lved iN THe Pr0PeR UsE 0f THe eNgLisH LaNguAge ...

On the official site there is a PC-CDROM logo. So far I know this game will only be released for the PS2 and Xbox, but in case it will be released for the PC it would be nice to have the option of selecting your own music from our hard disk and play in the game. It would also be nice not to have only rap music in the game, which is also mentioned in this thread.

Well on some of my suggestions I've gotten them from playing socom.

Controller Sensitivity On both systems make it so you can change it online. That way its all about personal prefference. On Socom they have that and it does wonders for people who can react fast.

Add on to Arrests When you take the gangster to your car or wherever to make them despawn, it should be possible for a gangster to free them. That way its balanced... So it's not just like haha I got you in cuffs you loose now...

Thumbs Up Grenades

Hey guys im new to this forum, but yea, about the grenades, when someone throws it at you in the game, you should be able to pick it up and throw it back at them or just kick it away because that's what i would do in real life and it'd be pretty cool to have that in 25 To Life. It would be funny to see the person's own grenade just blow up right on them.

cool dude. I think if I saw a grenade I would be like move move move! and just get away.

Another Suggestion:

Grenade Cooking!

This means you hold the grenade to burn off some of its ignition time. That way when you throw it your enemy doesn't have time to get away from it. They have this feature in Americas Army . I'm sure Edios can figure out the rest.

A Big Idea~!

I wanted to suggest somethings with the online play on xbox for 25 to life. Would it be possible to make it so the cops/gangsters could have its own player taunts like socom. Socom had it's own list where a player could make up his or her own text for the taunts or the team chat. They also had already programmed messages for it too. I was wondering if say the police could have programmed messages that could say like stop, put your hands up. Stuff like that. If this were to happen could it be possible that if cops managed to take down a gangster without killing him that he gets more points. A gangster could have a surrender option if he/her thinks they are going to die. That way they don't loose as much points for die-ing.

Online Game Types

Infiltration: The cops have to bust in and take some drugs and take it back to their area. This is a common type of game match.

King of the hill.

Defend match: Where a team has to defend a certain spot as the objective. (they might have this already)

Drug Bust: This is basically hot potato. The gangsters have drugs and the cops have to find it in a certain amount of time. The gangsters on the other hand can exchange hands with the drugs. So the cops have to keep searching the possible areas of where they can meet on the map. The gangsters have different areas where they can meet to exchange the drugs. But eventually they have to get it back to their main layer. The cops have to be on their tail and act smart to shut them down.

Assination: The cops have to take out a high leader in the gangsters relm. This is basically president. The gangsters have to defend him and will have a home field advantage.

----Guns! (Personal Preference)

I think that the guns that have stocks on them; like the submachine guns should be able to retract or lengthen for personal preference.

Guns should be able to be in the left hand or right hand.

If you have a handgun it should be in a leg holster either on the left or right left.

Rag Doll Effect!

You know what that means. When someone gets shot or blown up, they collapse on their own body weight.

I hope I'm not making Edios think too much

Re: Grenades

Originally posted by spyro411
    Hey guys im new to this forum, but yea, about the grenades, when someone throws it at you in the game, you should be able to pick it up and throw it back at them or just kick it away because that's what i would do in real life and it'd be pretty cool to have that in 25 To Life. It would be funny to see the person's own grenade just blow up right on them.
    Id love to see the day you pick up a grenade...

your first instinct is not..wow let me pick that up..no dude

Mic Chat
    Open mic please....no clicking circle.

Realistic Deaths
    When someone gets...maybe there are certain ways a person can fall...like to his knees and crap like dat.

Gangsta/Cop Ranking
    There should be some kind of ranking like on socom for this game.

Badges/Medals
    Should be able to revieve awards for marksmanship and stuff like that.

Badges

You could get different badges for cops to show what rank you have. Same thing for a gangster but with clothing or something.

Swat Vests with Name Tags!

The swat units should be able to wear a vest with your tag name on the back. It shows who you are and it gives that person a style.

Originally posted by Smashed
    Mic Chat

Realistic Deaths
    When someone gets...maybe there are certain ways a person can fall...like to his knees and crap like dat.

Gangsta/Cop Ranking

Badges/Medals
    1...open mic with 8 people on a team?? I dunno about that...

and ranking system? no..cause then it will turn into socom where people found ways to bull the ranking....

awards and marksmanship...I can understand that...

irish stylings
    beeing able to shoot someone in the neeecap and make them crawl around or just cracking them in the neecap with a nightstick.

weed power up's
    what kind of gangster dosent smoke some weed?
    maybe there could be a health boost or something
    ( majik blunt it like violent j in the wrestling wring were he hulks up and kicks ass) and the cops could have like donuts or cevlar

face smashing
    being able to take the back of a shot gun and smack it across someones face,maybe some pistol wip action,and some real cazacomie action like pulling the pin out of a gernade and walking into a crowd of enemys

Melee attacks to knock out your opponents?

Robust weapons arsenal includes both lethal and non-lethal ways to take out your opponents - i got that off a website which means maybe there is gonna be truncheons and that you can beat the crap outta the gangstars with, and i think i saw a baseball bat in one of the screenies, sounds like some good [EDITED] to me

Originally posted by Smashed
    Mic Chat

Realistic Deaths

Gangsta/Cop Ranking

Badges/Medals
    Open mic is a really bad idea. It is annoying having people talking the whole time, or hearing whatever music they are listening to, or other conversations that are going on in the background. Pressing a button to talk is definitely the way to go.

Originally posted by Bubble_Machine
    Open mic is a really bad idea. It is annoying having people talking the whole time, or hearing whatever music they are listening to, or other conversations that are going on in the background. Pressing a button to talk is definitely the way to go.
    exactly...

All of these are related to multiplayer online suggestions

1) Limit the number of people in a "room", not in a game per se, Keep that 16, but in socom, there are 256...I say make it less, will this limit lag?

2) If you are "injured", make it where you are slowed down, and cant run as fast, nor shoot as accurate....thats realistic

3) Put in a hospital so you can slowly heal during game, if you are injured, or health pack, that are randomly inserted, not in the same place on every board

4) LAG LAG LAG....uuugh, ,make it not so

5) make sure there are clan tags, and friends lists, Battlefront was horrible, and SOCOM is good....

Originally posted by SwamiG8R
    All of these are related to multiplayer online suggestions

1) Limit the number of people in a "room", not in a game per se, Keep that 16, but in socom, there are 256...I say make it less, will this limit lag?

2) If you are "injured", make it where you are slowed down, and cant run as fast, nor shoot as accurate....thats realistic

3) Put in a hospital so you can slowly heal during game, if you are injured, or health pack, that are randomly inserted, not in the same place on every board

4) LAG LAG LAG....uuugh, ,make it not so

5) make sure there are clan tags, and friends lists, Battlefront was horrible, and SOCOM is good....
    I agree with you on most aspects...but if you want realistic..how many gangsters will run into a hospital in the middle of a face off with police?

2ndly..people will begin to abuse the health..because people will sit and camp around the hospital..shooting people that go by with less health..and then returning to gain health yet again...this is round based..you can wait 30 seconds for the next round..

Originally posted by SeminoleCountyDeputy
    I agree with you on most aspects...but if you want realistic..how many gangsters will run into a hospital in the middle of a face off with police?

2ndly..people will begin to abuse the health..because people will sit and camp around the hospital..shooting people that go by with less health..and then returning to gain health yet again...this is round based..you can wait 30 seconds for the next round..
    the realistic part only relating to the injured/slow down part....but I see your point......just throwing stuff out

Originally posted by SwamiG8R
    the realistic part only relating to the injured/slow down part....but I see your point......just throwing stuff out
    I understand what your saying..and I agree it would be a cool aspect, but people would abuse it..

Cops and Gangster new advatages!

A cop or a gangster could pick heavy armor (which means you run a little bit slower) and be protected easier. Or you could get a basic t-shirt or battle dress uniform (bdu) for the cops so you can have more speed. Sounds cool.

Originally posted by marker227
    Cops and Gangster new advatages!

A cop or a gangster could pick heavy armor (which means you run a little bit slower) and be protected easier. Or you could get a basic t-shirt or battle dress uniform (bdu) for the cops so you can have more speed. Sounds cool.
    '

I think everyone would be running around in full armor then..

do gangsters have thick armor?

well its all about personal preference and distance from where you get shot.

well its all about personal preference and distance from where you get shot.
    I can picture a bunch of us looking like that white ball of goo from ghostbuster, but in SWAT tactical gear..hahaha

haha

haha
    puff or w/e the fug his name was...or that stupid goodyear tire "mascot"...*sigh* im going to have nightmares..

Page 1 of 17 1234511 ... Last