Thread: Artillery

Artillery

Artillery

Well ive seen the screen shots..and i must say..the cannon look wayy over sized compard to there gunners..the bores are HUGE almost laughable lol and the troops look rather rough with sqare legs lol i sure hope thay leave space to mod this game...or its gonna get boreing fast...thay look rather boreing to look at..the buildings and trees look very very good...but to me the lil guys look like thay are a few steps back in tecnolagey lol compard to how good thay look in RTW meaning how smooth every thing looks well rounded ...like outhers have said i hope thay do the proper resercrh on the uniforms and the coloers...or there hard core fan base will drop off....and more types of artillery would make people like me jump for joy..one more things..the cannon dont look realisic..not for this age...i seen a silver cannon lol?? thay where made of iron or bronze lol or cast iron..and there carrages are alos wrong lol and one photo i seen thay looked like a fat soda can lol with handels what is that?? i hope thay spend some time on detail on the main part rather then the trees and grass....atlest thay can do better then AOD which thay totaly distroyed....cross fingers and pray....

They don't look too big.... and where is the silver cannon? And the sodacan-like thing?

Welll russin try looking at the screen shots lol the new ones look a bit sharper..but the cannon still dont look that great...ive got a huge petpeve when it comes to artillery for the most part the guns ive seen look like huge seige guns lol and i seen some that look a bit to long lol this is supose to be the age of light art....also the pixals and shape need a little workig out to make the end of the bores look more rounded....i do admit i was looking at the old screan shots.. untill awile ago i seen the up dated web site..more is better... more counterys would have also been nice lol i seen the trailers not sure i like the speed of the anamations...after all it is just a game...its not like this company to put out moding tools..but i would be worth it to put in the money or this game will be like the last games ive played..by this company lost interst fast lol but thesae may not be the finesh results...we will have to wate and see..like in RTW lots of the screans we seen as time went on looked nouthing like what was in the game...so hopefuly thay will smooth out the ends...and make every one happy..but i think CA could have done this game better..the lay out looks just like praetorians..in that how thay do the art..and the glossyness of things over all i like it...just hope theres not a huge amount of bugs lol
    cheers..

I think the soda can with handles he's talking about is a howitzer...?

Originally posted by LordUxbridge
    I think the soda can with handles he's talking about is a howitzer...?
    Yes thats what its supose to be lol and sad to tell the devs this but howitzers dident look like that at this age lmao...thay still looked like mortors on wheels lol wrong gun desigen for this age lol and why is it so fat? geez...the founding of cannon is a labor of love...lmao who ever came up with that needs to open a history book lol guns at this time where still an art form lol and looks kinda sad dont try and sell that to me..to me personly if your gonna spend this much time and money on makeing this game..atlest get the historic detiles on the small stuff right...i almost expected to see a man come shooting out of it into a huge net lol with clowns standing around it lol you forgot to paint it rainbow coloers lmao well the point is its not historicly right..for this time of this game is set in..nore dose it look real....ill not even start on the carriage the guns are on lol thay are also wrong dont make the mistake CA did and not listen to its fan base atlest make a moding tool so we can change it..god i hope thay dont use Friction Primers Or Lanyards i think id faint dead away

Some one fetch a medic quick, looks like someone's taken a crowbar to spelling and grammer.

Is it the policy of this forum to insult when thay cannot think of any thing ealse stupid to say? i guess there are no modarators in this forum..eidos has fell to a new all time low

cheers..

Ps..truth hurts i guess eidos dident expect any one to speak out when someone finds falt or issues with there games

Truth does hurt...I'm guessing you’re numb with it. Games can't be perfect, money doesn't grow on trees! I learned to spell!

Hey, I'm only making a joke, you're trying to make Pyro one.

I spent most of my life trying to learn English and then spent the rest trying to learn French. I can tell when someone is having the odd few difficulties with a language, and when someone is just, well, butchering it. I can see that maybe you are serious about your artillery, and so you came on the boards to express your concerns, fair enough, but all you've done is make fun of the developpers, laughing at them, saying this is wrong that is wrong. Offer some constructive critisism, tell them how they could improve it, you may already have, but its hard to find in those mangled wrecks of lols and full stops.

So you obviously can't take your artillery that seriously, nor do you take your language. From what I saw you didn't take much really seriously, you were just here for a laugh and a joke at the devs expense, so I had a little stab. And then you get serious, when you're the one under the scope, well oh dear me, take this as a lesson and move on.

To add to what's posted above, the fact that you write lol in about every sentence make you like a joke.

Secondly it wouldn't hurt for some to know that the game will have historicly correct content, not everything will be completely correct. It's still a game that needs to be fun to play, and I'm sure the developers know best how to do that. Additionally I prefer it that way rather than having them make a historical simulation instead of a game.

I'm in favor of a playable but accurate game

Hello all,

I too am in favor of a playable game. However, for me a playable Napoleonic game needs to have some basic accuracies for the period.

Quetioning what I have seen of Artillery and its effects, will there be round shot in this game or only howitzer like high explosives.

In this period cannons fired 'Round Shot' or Ball. Thes tended to bounce and take limbs off through formations as itspun and bounced through enemy ranks. 'Explosins' happened with round shot , but these were the type created by a hurling projectile violently plunging itself into the ground and causing debris etc.

I hope that the Devs are doing some Napoleonic reading and will differentiate types of artillery.

Salute,

[GG]TRL
    "Food for powder and nothing more".
    -Sir Arthur Wellesley's Mother

[GG]ThinRedLine

http://www.ntwgg.com/Gallery/britflag[1].gifhttp://www.ntwgg.com/Gallery/GGBadge.jpg

Re: I'm in favor of a playable but accurate game

Originally posted by ThinRedLine
    Hello all,

I too am in favor of a playable game. However, for me a playable Napoleonic game needs to have some basic accuracies for the period.

Quetioning what I have seen of Artillery and its effects, will there be round shot in this game or only howitzer like high explosives.

In this period cannons fired 'Round Shot' or Ball. Thes tended to bounce and take limbs off through formations as itspun and bounced through enemy ranks. 'Explosins' happened with round shot , but these were the type created by a hurling projectile violently plunging itself into the ground and causing debris etc.

I hope that the Devs are doing some Napoleonic reading and will differentiate types of artillery.

Salute,

[GG]TRL
    Iron shot dident explod, shells explod and fragment..shot=sold shot. iron ball....with the heckleing aside..about the details..becouse ive relized that some dont care what there fans think of there products..back on topic yes your right iron shot used in land survis was used in a tactic as u just said of aiming slitly lower so that when fired the shot would bounce deppending on the rang...dispite what most people think...wet or dry ground reguler shot tended to buriey its self in the ground in impact deppending on the angle of impact ...about the game..i love this game..it just angers me that the devs prob wont make a modding tool for this game..becouse what is good can still be improved up on...id like to see more types of artillary...outher then just the basics...like 4 pounders..3 pounders..the more common types of guns found on the field..12 pounders where rare and far between only napolian had such large numbers of them..so where 6 pounders most where 3, 4, 9, pounders..the game is fine by its self...as it looks so far..but would be nice so that a good moder could customize unforms..guns ...etc what ever he or she liked...dispite the things ive said so far i dident mean them in a negitive way..after all its threw criticizem that we learn to grow..my posts where directed at the devs not so much as at any fans in this forum..so please get off of my toes

cheers

I have read this thread, and mrclean has almost made me empty my bowels of disgust for his senseless butchery of the English language more than once. Before you post, at least learn to form words into coherent sentences with periods and/or other punctuation.
    As for your flaming of the game, this game is still in deep development. I would'nt even think about the modding community for this game yet, as the units havent even been finalized.
    As for the "blocky" legs, im sure if you put all the graphics on High with the Highest resolution, that will be resolved by the release date of the game.
    Again,please learn to spell, because if you're old enough to know how to register for an online forum, then for God's sake you should know how to use English. If you dont actually take the time to spell, then how can we comment on what you say, or even comprehend you? I was only able to comment on a few things of what you said after much sitting and thinking about what you were trying to convey with your gibberish, and many "What the hell's?"

In summation; LEARN TO SPELL.
    -Castus Plebianus
    "War is not about dying for your country, it's about making the other bastard die for his"
    - George S. Patton
    http://img124.exs.cx/img124/3469/560..._screen001.jpg

Originally posted by CastusPlebian
    I have read this thread, and mrclean has almost made me empty my bowels of disgust for his senseless butchery of the English language more than once. Before you post, at least learn to form words into coherent sentences with periods and/or other punctuation.
    As for your flaming of the game, this game is still in deep development. I would'nt even think about the modding community for this game yet, as the units havent even been finalized.
    As for the "blocky" legs, im sure if you put all the graphics on High with the Highest resolution, that will be resolved by the release date of the game.
    Again,please learn to spell, because if you're old enough to know how to register for an online forum, then for God's sake you should know how to use English. If you dont actually take the time to spell, then how can we comment on what you say, or even comprehend you? I was only able to comment on a few things of what you said after much sitting and thinking about what you were trying to convey with your gibberish, and many "What the hell's?"

In summation; LEARN TO SPELL.
    Funny every one ealse has been able to read or make out what ive said...maybe you should learn to read you twit lmao keeping up with lower level Iqs such as your self leaves little time for spell checking..or as you just made clear that you cannot read..so whats the use...youve gone off on your own little tangent..attempting to insult me..while the rest have commented on the topic rather then useless gibberish as you attempt to put it..so i highly dout that i would waste good english on someone who couldent read it to save there life...now trade your right foot in your mouth for your left..you may not have to wash them for weeks if you keep this up....

Cheers.

7th Regiment of Foot
    Royal Fusiliers

Originally posted by mrclean
    while the rest have commented on the topic rather then useless gibberish as you attempt to put it.

I think you can't read. In total (including you and me) 8 different people have commented on this thread, wherof 5 said something about your bad spelling and grammer.

The forums are in English, however, not every-one is a native English speaker; Thus, maybe people could a bit more forgiving. A former English professor of mine said "The written language is use to express an intent; if the intent is understood, your communication is sucessful". mrclean has his view; point out his errors or ask him to clearify his meaning. I understand wolfs just joking, but others (including mrclean), dont appear to be.
    As for the graphics they look fine to me, but I would rather have playability over looks any day. I dont recall the cannons looking to large, but thats not somthing I was really looking at. Also remember that the trailer and screen-shots are extreem close ups and not at a distance that you will use when playing the game.
    I did notice what appeared to be a rather short distance on the artillery shot in the trailer. You can see the shot flying, and hitting
    the target only a short distance away. Because the maps are small? Anyone have an idea?

Originally posted by Dread_lahll
    The forums are in English, however, not every-one is a native English speaker; Thus, maybe people could a bit more forgiving. A former English professor of mine said "The written language is use to express an intent; if the intent is understood, your communication is sucessful". mrclean has his view; point out his errors or ask him to clearify his meaning. I understand wolfs just joking, but others (including mrclean), dont appear to be.
    As for the graphics they look fine to me, but I would rather have playability over looks any day. I dont recall the cannons looking to large, but thats not somthing I was really looking at. Also remember that the trailer and screen-shots are extreem close ups and not at a distance that you will use when playing the game.
    I did notice what appeared to be a rather short distance on the artillery shot in the trailer. You can see the shot flying, and hitting
    the target only a short distance away. Because the maps are small? Anyone have an idea?
    yes i also seen that...i hope the artillery can miss...what i mean by that is not kill the same amount of men every shot...i dont want this game to be model off the praetorians game..I injoyed that game..but i wouldent like to see it in this one...for one i think the troops move to fast...the artillery fire to fast...ive seen a speed post about people not likeing the speed that things move...in one of the trailers it was a fire and hit lol as if the shots where heat seeking...much to reactie to a target rather then over shooting or missing...anouther thing that ive been wondering about will this game have the same mission kinda play as praetorians? where you follow a story line...and then have a week singel player none campain type games...thats what id prefure over a game thats just all campian play kinda like the total war games but only inproved where you can make death match games and line your troops up agenst the AI and battle it out...that for me was the problem with there last game..i got bored to fast....anouther thing i seen was alittle less then great orgenization in the ranks in the screen shots....Dont think that i hate this game...I love this company!! the grapfics are so nice..i just want more game options then praetorians...so it will be worth my money and keep my attention longer long after ive beat the campain...the way most companys do that is to make there game modable ive seen a interview that said the devs think all the mods and stuff out for outher games is trashy...and i think thats a bit insulting becouse its the modders that keep there games alive and sometimes much better then the starting game like ive said befor any thing good can still be inproved on...

cheers..

p.s. English is not my first lingo..im from hungery..

Funny every one ealse has been able to read or make out what ive said...maybe you should learn to read you twit lmao keeping up with lower level Iqs such as your self leaves little time for spell checking..or as you just made clear that you cannot read..so whats the use...youve gone off on your own little tangent..attempting to insult me..while the rest have commented on the topic rather then useless gibberish as you attempt to put it..so i highly dout that i would waste good english on someone who couldent read it to save there life...now trade your right foot in your mouth for your left..you may not have to wash them for weeks if you keep this up....
    No offense but this all looks like one sentence... please use proper sentence structure.

Regarding the graphics I believe it's not an issue as this game is still in developement. They should be resolved by the release date.

Originally posted by Maximus Decimus
    No offense but this all looks like one sentence... please use proper sentence structure.

Regarding the graphics I believe it's not an issue as this game is still in developement. They should be resolved by the release date.
    Thats basicly becouse it was this is a game forum not a spelling bee..lol Im sure like minded people like you will get over it...

Regards.

I am from Russia and yet I find it fairly easy to follow the basic rules of grammar and punctuation. I understand that hungarian is unrelated to English, Russian or any other Indo-European language in Europe, yet it does, to the best of my knowledge have some simple rules. For instance, I've never heard a Hungarian person speak non-stop with intermittent laughter separating his coherent thoughts.

I feel I'm doing you some small favour, because honestly you are making a fool of yourself and by association, your nation.

Originally posted by Willmore
    I am from Russia and yet I find it fairly easy to follow the basic rules of grammar and punctuation. I understand that hungarian is unrelated to English, Russian or any other Indo-European language in Europe, yet it does, to the best of my knowledge have some simple rules. For instance, I've never heard a Hungarian person speak non-stop with intermittent laughter separating his coherent thoughts.

I feel I'm doing you some small favour, because honestly you are making a fool of yourself and by association, your nation.
    Doing me a small favour you say? I was born in Hungery I speak Hungarian. find it amuseing to come into an unsupervized forumo argue with mindless retards..i was sure i made my self very clear...that this wasent a spelling contest or a contest of grammer...if you dont have any thing to post about the topic then dont post in my thred...and is it a crime to laugh? coherent thoughts?? what you on about..well whatever, Now you have. My nation? I simplely posted my thoughts and concerns about this game..and all i got in return was nouthing remotely on the topics that i had stated..but someones inablity to converse, and all thay could think to do is insult me by talking about my grammer or spelling..do shut up..do your own self a favour and stop changeing the stubject i dont care who i make my self out to be a fool to...im here to talk about the game..not to argue with some fool about how badly i spell by the way how am i makeing my nation look bad..by my spelling? I think you need to find more things to fill out ur days with...there are only 4 to 5 people who ever post in this forum at any one time in the last 4 months lol seeing that no one has closed this post yet...tells me that the modarators and devs... dont pay any attention to the forums...so im wasteing my time argueing with school childern with nouthing to talk about..most likely due to there low intelligence, So shall move on till it picks up in here agean when the panzys can take some critasizem with out nitpicking...no here has the ablity or intelligence to have a converstaion the game..

most likely due to there low intelligence...no here has the ablity or intelligence to have a converstaion the game..
    Sounds like the pot calling the kettle black to me.

Anyway, the stuff in the trailer is, I believe, sped up and even then the glances at artillery are fleeting and hardly long enough to make good judgements. Also the game still has around 6 months dev time and so is liable to many tweaks and changes as I believe has already been said many times. However I haven't seen the new trailer yet but I will download it.

When you said cannons being too large are you meaning as in this screen shot? Well if so, then proportions are often a very hard thing to get competely right, often everything looks right from certain perspectives but with the tricks used to make things work smoothly, like scaleable graphic thingies and real-time somethings, when you move too far from one of those perspectives things start to look a bit off. And as said before and I will say again, there will still be many things pyro will want to change before the game goes gold.

Also, you may want to consider that most of the screen shots and such are taken very close to the action and in the middle of battle to show off the level of detail and the dev's technical prowess. I doubt that you/we are going to be doing that when we have a battle to fight, we'll probably be at a high angle most of the time, looking down on the field and watching strategicly. Therefore, with this in mind, maybe some things have been enlarged so we can see them more easily, increasing the ease of play etc.

Originally posted by Arctic_Wolf
    Sounds like the pot calling the kettle black to me.

Anyway, the stuff in the trailer is, I believe, sped up and even then the glances at artillery are fleeting and hardly long enough to make good judgements. Also the game still has around 6 months dev time and so is liable to many tweaks and changes as I believe has already been said many times. However I haven't seen the new trailer yet but I will download it.

When you said cannons being too large are you meaning as in this screen shot? Well if so, then proportions are often a very hard thing to get competely right, often everything looks right from certain perspectives but with the tricks used to make things work smoothly, like scaleable graphic thingies and real-time somethings, when you move too far from one of those perspectives things start to look a bit off. And as said before and I will say again, there will still be many things pyro will want to change before the game goes gold.

Also, you may want to consider that most of the screen shots and such are taken very close to the action and in the middle of battle to show off the level of detail and the dev's technical prowess. I doubt that you/we are going to be doing that when we have a battle to fight, we'll probably be at a high angle most of the time, looking down on the field and watching strategicly. Therefore, with this in mind, maybe some things have been enlarged so we can see them more easily, increasing the ease of play etc.
    To tell the truth i like that screen shot and the guns look good there but i think there still a bit to long to..the tube should only extend to the edge of the wheels..or just alittle more...but over all there fine...the coloer could be alittle darker lol i dident like the silver tone guns...thay dident use iron alloys at this time to get that silver polish shine...but even then it was only shiney black..never silver...then the howizers are to big...and the bores are the wrong type for this time periad that the game is in...over all i love it...but when i say to big to answer your first question..compard to there gunners there to tall..unless there elfs..those look like garrisen guns used in earth works..that have longer barrals and larger carrages...becouse there made for a differnt job...thay dont look mobal...besides that its great...i just want a moding tool so i can fix what i want to suit my own needs..

Regards..
    7th Regiment of Foot
    Royal Fusiliers

to mrclean

i have nothing wrong with that you do not write the english language like a native, the main reason for this post perhaps help you in your future posts to get less comments about your grammar. Please keep in mind that my english grammar skills are not by any stretch of the imagination perfect. So if anyone finds mistakes in these suggestions please correct me as i do not wish to mislead anyone.
    1. avoid using abbreviations such as: imo and lol, and if you must use them capitalize them to make it easier to see that it is an acronym.

2. use periods and commas to mark pauses in your sentances and start a new paragraph if you start a new thought, this will make reading your posts much more enjoyable.

3. If you find that you have trouble remembering how to spell words then it may help to write your posts on a word processor such as microsoft word or microsoft works. With these you can use the spell check to correct any misspelled words and ensure a more pleasurable reading experience for the reader. To get your post from the word processor to the forum just copy and paste.

hopefully these help and if anyone needs to correct these suggestions let me know and i will edit this post.

over and out

I'd just really, really like it if he'd end his sentances with just one fullstop. Please mrclean, for me?

thay dident use iron alloys at this time to get that silver polish shine...but even then it was only shiney black..never silver...
    The bottom of the cannons seem darker, maybe its just a lighting effect due to them being in a desert. Could you like to other screen shots of this perhaps so I can comment, the IG website really fugs up my connection.