Thread: environment?

environment?

environment?

i was just wondering if the environment is fully destructible or e.g. trees, houses etc. and if your troops can garrison in the rubble of the buildings. if these questions could be addressed it would be appreciated.

thanks in advance

We were told troops can take cover in the environment. So it's only logical that environment can be destroyed.

If you've seen the trailer, you may notice a large marble building being blown up by British Artillery.

Damn it, you've made me watch the trailer again. Everytime I do I want the game more and more!

Some information about environment interaction from the FAQ:
    [b]Screenshots show that units are able to hide behind trees, can they interact with more objects on the map?[b]
    Apart from trees you can also take cover behind rocks, bits of debris, inside buildings, etc. Your units will also be able to wade through some shallow rivers (thereby becoming vulnerable.) Other rivers will be too deep to be crossed by any unit. Units will enter buildings realistically, and, for example, if there are too many troops for all the windows, the rest will find the best positions they can around the walls etc. Troops using these interactive areas will fire whenever the enemy enters their range. This feature is already looking great in the code.