Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Unofficial Tools: Post your TR Unofficial tools here

What this tool is:
    TRLE SFX Edit 1.0

What this tool does:
    Edits the sfx files from wad files.

Download: TRLE SFX Edit

Additional details:
    Important: If, as in my case, when you download the file and it doesn't have an extention, you will have to change "Trle" to "Trle.zip". Adding ".zip" will allow a zip program such as WinZip to open the file.

Rundown on how to use:
    From the readme: "To use, open the sfx of your wad and select the sounds. To update the changed, click Update. Do this before you go editing another sound. If you are done, hit Save to save the sfx file and the sounds are correct. However, sometimes you need to change the wave format manually using a sound editor (I use creative wave studio and it works fine)."
    See the rest of the readme for further details, available for viewing online Here in TXT.

*If you are the creator of this tool and want to change the content of this post, feel free to PM or email me.
    *What is posted here contains as much data as I could find on this item at the time of posting.

What this tool is:
    Tomb Raider Level Editor

What this tool does:
    Ummmm.... Duh!
    Creates custom levels for Tomb Raider. Whew, the mystery revealed....

Download site: TRLE

Rundown on how to use:
    Read the manual - there's no short answer.

Click the pic to see full-size image (wait for it to load, it's 100% quality JPG)

*Please PM me if the download link is ever broken.

What this tool is:
    TR Wad to TRWest Compatibility Tool v2.0.1.0

What this tool does:
    TR Wad to TRWest is designed to fix/rebuild WadMerger generated wads to provide TRWest compatibility.

Homepage: Josep's TRLE Tools
    Download: TR Wad to TRWest Compatibility Tool

Additional details:
    Beta Version

Rundown on how to use:
    Simply Push the "Open File" button, Right Click or drag and drop the wad file into the program window or program icon.
    To see an example, you can look at the readme available for online viewing Here in GIF.

*If you are the creator of this tool and want to change the content of this post, feel free to PM or email me.
    *What is posted here contains as much data as I could find on this item at the time of posting.

What this tool is:
    TR Wad Analyser Tool v2.0.1.0

What this tool does:
    From the readme - TR Wad Analyser is a program designed to analyse Wad Structures. It also includes fix/rebuild WadMerger generated wads to provide TRWest compatibility.

Homepage: Josep's TRLE Tools
    Download:TR Wad Analyser Tool

Additional details:
    This version supports multiple objects wads.

Rundown on how to use:
    Simply Push the “Open File” button, Right Click or drag and drop the wad file into the program window or program icon.
    The readme is available for online viewing Here in GIF.

Cool Not a tool, but tutorials to use them

Excellent tutorials by conchild using Flash.

1. Designing the meshes in Meta.

2. Adding the new objects textures to your wad.

3. Adding the new objects meshes to your wad.

4. Using anim edit to put the object together and make animations.

Get them from http://www.dhama.co.uk and follow the link for the 'Tomb Raider Shop'

What this tool is:
    <b>TextureAdd</b>

What this tool does:
    Edits textures in WAD files.

Homepage: Champ's Tombraider Stuff
    Download: TextureAdd v1.0.5

Additional Details:
    Latest update 5/3/2005 to version 1.0.6
    Made with Microsoft Visual C++ 6.0 for high compatibility

Note that if you are missing BTNEXGENIPL32.DLL, you can download it Here.
    >Updated to support all display modes.

Rundown on how to use:
    Unzip the program to your preferred location then simply open a wad from your wads folder.

What this tool is:
    Turbo

What this tool does:
    This handy little application lets you "slow down" the speed of your CPU.

In Windows XP the Level Editor can run too fast if you have a far more powerful processor than what the LE was originally designed for. This results in rooms spinning too fast when you are rotating them, or zooming in- and out too fast.

Download: Turbo

Additional details:
    The program doesn't actually "slow down" the CPU, but it takes processor time away from the LE, leaving less power for the LE, resulting in a slower working LE. Since the LE uses all the CPU power by default (at least in XP), the more powerful processor you have, the faster the LE will run. I found that when I converted my level and went in-game to see the results, the game always ran sluggish. This is because the LE takes ALL CPU power, even when not uses or minimized. So to properly check out my progress, I had to save my project, quit the LE and load it again after I was done with tomb4.exe.
    I found out that to solve this, you can click on "Load Project". The LE then opens the Load Project window and stops using the full CPU load. You can then switch to tomb4.exe and enjoy it fluently. I am not sure if this will work for other pc's as well, but it helped me a lot, so give it a try

Rundown on how to use:
    Simply click on "Turbo" in the menu and select the percentage of how much CPU power you would like to give to the LE. For me, setting the program to 60% on an AMD at 1GHz works best. On faster computers, you'd probably need a lower setting than that.

added Turbo in the above post and updated the links to TRWEST in your second post, DOS. they have been for several months (makes you wonder if anyone is actually using it at all...) so I uploaded the TRWEST mirror pages somewhere else

Geckokid, what's the deal there!

what about AOD?

is there any editors or tools to see objects in the Angel of Darkness? They have some weird file types - *clz, trviewer doesn't open them but I wanted to make screens of all the items, objects and enemies for my website. Any ideas besides making screenshots in the game?

Does anyone know?

How can i get the level maker thing without geting the game for the pc? (I all ready have it on the ps1.)
    "I got what I wanted. Isint that all we care about?" -Amanda Evert

take a look here: http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=50877
    (this link is in the FAQ in the stickies here. you may want to go through it )

Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagon™ | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)

Meta2tr

What this tool is:
    Meta2tr allows you to visually enhance your levels in Metasequoia.

What this tool does:
    Converts TR4 level files to and from Metasequoia files.
    https://sites.google.com/site/meta2tr/home/
    The site has a demo project and tutorials.

Additional details:
    You can edit objects, room geometry, lighting and texturing with greater flexibility than in TRLE. Collision stays as in the original file.

Rundown on how to use:
    Drag and drop the file to convert.

T4Mod scripting

What it is:
    T4Mod adds LUA scripting capabilities to the leveleditor's tomb4.exe.

Details:
    Game features, objects, animations can be freely manipulated during runtime by user created script programs.
    Allows custom keyboard bindings to user defined functions, thread-like timer and trigger event controlled behavior, flexible on-screen text display, programmable particle effects and more.

Also enhances numerous engine features like independantly colored distance and volumetric fog, configurable vertex-, rendering- and sprite-limits, bug fixes (32bit mode, pushable behavior in remote fliprooms,...), loading speed and more.

Download:
    Download and documentation can be found at http://larson.la.ohost.de/

Winroomedit Mousepatch

What it is:
    Add mouse support to the room editor

Details:
    The room editors 3d-view can be rotated, zoomed and panned with the mouse by holding down the middle mouse button.

Also contains minor fixes to the roomeditors keyboard handling.

Download:
    http://larson.la.ohost.de/mousepatch.html

Post Aod collision tool.

What it is:

This tool exports and imports the traod collision files inside the .col files extracted by Michels gmxtool.

How it works:

First some history Michels made a tool which extracts the gmx/clz files. In this files is the collision/placement data. One col. file contains big objects with maps positions and small objects in them. This tool extracts them.

Screenshot:

Download link:

Download(Vista\Win 7)
    Download(Win XP)

NOTE: the program is oriented to the people who know what's HEX is it.

Big Grin GameFlow: TR2/TR3 Script Compiler

Requirements:
    • Windows XP, Vista, Seven, Eight or higher.
    • Microsoft Framework .NET 2.0 (Only on Windows XP)

Description:
    This program is a recreation of the original Tomb Raider II GameFlow script compiler for PC. This new version adds compatibility with Tomb Raider III and PlayStation versions too, and some new features! With this tool you can change the features of every level creating mods, or create custom level sets for level edition, even you can use it for translate the game!

Available Languages:
    English, Italian and Spanish.

Special Thanks:
    • IceBerg: For his initial investigation on tombpc.dat files.
    • Delta: For his Italian translation.
    • Mark James: For his icons for applications.

Downloads:
    Download: GameFlow v1.0.0.0 (178Kb)
    Download: TR2 and TR3 Test Scripts (21Kb)

Regards

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12