Page 6 of 23 First First ... 234567891016 ... Last

Thread: Dragon Quest Series - News

Dragon Quest Series - News

Dragon Quest Trading Card Game
    - Starter Pack and Sky booster pack.

Dragon Quest Hero Costume.

Long time ago i heard there is a plan for releasing Dragon Quest 1-3 for Nintendo DS. Then nothing happend.
    Is there still a plan for releasing all 3 Games to DS or 3DS?
    I prefer playing with my DS/3DS than on mobile. I don't have a problem to pay more for a DS/3DS Module.

Square Enix Members Interview with DRAGON QUEST Mobile Producers Yu Miyake and Noriyoshi Fujimoto
    - With this classic franchise coming to mobile, we had a chance to sit down with the two producers tasked with bringing DRAGON QUEST to a new generation of Japanese RPG gamers.

I will keep an eye out for updates, NickLeupy. Should I come across anything concerning this matter then I will make sure to post it here.

Hyping up lazy mobile ports as if they're worth anything while one of the producers joyfully relates how much of Dragon Quest X they've been playing is a damned INSULT to Western Dragon Quest fans.

Do you people at S-E even realize that? How upset you're making us by shoving this rancid garbage our throats and trying to act like it's better than the juicy and tender filet mignon that Japan has spent the last few years feasting on?

Dragon Quest Heroes Brings Back Heroes From Other Dragon Quest Games (Siliconera)
    - Recurring Dragon Quest Characters to Be Voiced in Dragon Quest Heroes Game. (Anime News Network)
    Last edited by Grimoire; 17th Oct 2014 at 11:35.

Originally Posted by KaboomKrusader
    Hyping up lazy mobile ports as if they're worth anything while one of the producers joyfully relates how much of Dragon Quest X they've been playing is a damned INSULT to Western Dragon Quest fans.

Do you people at S-E even realize that? How upset you're making us by shoving this rancid garbage our throats and trying to act like it's better than the juicy and tender filet mignon that Japan has spent the last few years feasting on?
    I don't think anyone from Square-Enix reads these forums - apart from Grimoire and the other moderators. I wish there was some other way to get our thoughts across to them... Not sure about Twitter and Facebook either..
    signature image

Make use of the blog. The Community Team monitors the comments sections very closely.

Oh trust me, I post this stuff EVERYWHERE. This forum, the site blog, their Facebook posts, on Twitter... have I missed anything?

Not that it's done much good so far.

At least these guys try to reply us.
    Grimoire, is there a way we could contact Armor Project / Yuji Horii / Yoichi Wada / Yu Miyake / Noriyoshi Fujimoto / anyone related to DQ? Any twitter account? Any email? HOW can we show them our devotion to the series? I tried contacting Phil Rogers when he became the CEO of SE and that guy, Dan when he got his job, but i got no answer (and they are not just corpses!).

Unfortunately, not even the official DQ portal website lists any twitter, facebook or similar accounts that would allow for fans to directly get in contact with the dev. team, nor am I able to find any other means to easily submit messages to the people mentioned - Wada, for example, always uses one of the official one-way communication announcement channels instead of a personal instrument.

Originally Posted by Grimoire
    Unfortunately, not even the official DQ portal website lists any twitter, facebook or similar accounts that would allow for fans to directly get in contact with the dev. team, nor am I able to find any other means to easily submit messages to the people mentioned - Wada, for example, always uses one of the official one-way communication announcement channels instead of a personal instrument.
    Oh, thats a shame. I know there are a couple japanese twitter accounts but these are one-way communication channels. (i know @DQ_X @DQ_HEROES and @DQ_PR) Thank you anyway, Grimoire.

Yes...well, I will let you know should anything turn up nonetheless.

Dragon Quest VIII’s Yangus And Jessica Whip Their Way Into Dragon Quest Heroes (Siliconera)
    - According to comments from key personnel, it was thanks to Koei the strong desire from Koei Tecmo president and CEO Yoichi Erikawa that Jessica made it in.

Dragon Quest VIII’s Yangus And Jessica Whip Their Way Into Dragon Quest Heroes (Siliconera)
    - According to comments from key personnel, it was thanks to Koei the strong desire from Koei Tecmo president and CEO Yoichi Erikawa that Jessica made it in.
    Great news. Im hoping to see Harry (DQV) and Ashlynn (DQVI) in DQH! Also, did you know this will be the first time Jessica and Yangus will be dubbed in japanese? DQVIII only got voice acting in the international releases, that's why the mobile port doesnt include the voice acting, vecause it was based on the japanese version of VIII!

Also, after following a few accounts on twitter, i came across two that seemed interesting. One of them is the co-writer of DQX, Jin Fujisawa (@JIn_Fujisawa); and the other is one of DQX's producers, Yosuke Saito(@SaitoYosuke_Z). I'll try to get in contact with them.

That's true - I don't have any doubts that the Japanese seiyū will nail their respective characters just perfectly.

Great find, I must say. Thank you for sharing this with us!

Dragon Quest V Heroines, Bianca and Nera, Join The Fight In Dragon Quest Heroes (Siliconera)
    - Square Enix recently revealed Jessica and Yangus from Dragon Quest VIII will participate in the upcoming action title, Dragon Quest Heroes. Two new heroines have also been announced as well in the latest issue of Jump magazine.

Dragon Quest V Heroines, Bianca and Nera, Join The Fight In Dragon Quest Heroes (Siliconera)
    - Square Enix recently revealed Jessica and Yangus from Dragon Quest VIII will participate in the upcoming action title, Dragon Quest Heroes. Two new heroines have also been announced as well in the latest issue of Jump magazine.
    Here's the first scan with Bianca, Nera, Jessica and Yangus (and the Marquis de León from DQIV):

Looks amazing, to say the least. And so do these hero renders.

Dragon Quest Heroes Comes Out On February 26 In Japan (Siliconera)
    - Watch Alena Smash Slimes In Dragon Quest Heroes.
    - While Dragon Quest Heroes won’t be out until February 26, 2015, the limited edition Metal Slime PlayStation 4 system is scheduled for December 11, 2014.
    - Japanese voice actors announced! (Dengeki)
    - Screenshots. (Gamer)
    - Limited Edition Metal Slime product page.
    - Limited Edition Metal Slime promotional video. (Dengeki)

Dragon Quest chocolate crunch balls at Artnia.

Dragon Quest Heroes Shows A First look At Bianca, Nera, Jessica, And Yangus (Siliconera)
    - Square Enix have revealed a first look at four of the latest characters, from Dragon Quest V and VIII.

Dragon Quest Heroes
    - New reportage in Jump.

Dragon Quest Trading Card Game
    - Released today at Artnia!

Dragon Quest V Brings Marriage Choices To A Smartphone Near You (Siliconera)
    - Dragon Quest V starts out when the protagonist is just a little boy traveling with his father.

Dragon Quest Heroes is playable at Jump Festa (Nova Crystallis)
    - Those attending Jump Festa in Japan this year will get their first taste of Dragon Quest Heroes ahead of its February launch on PS3 and PS4.

Page 6 of 23 First First ... 234567891016 ... Last