Thread: Dragon Quest Series - News

Dragon Quest Series - News

Dragon Quest V Had Flying Carpets. Dragon Quest X Has Flying Dragons
    (Siliconera)
    - Since Dragon Quest III, the series has begun introducing different ways to fly, from magic carpets to flying castles. Dragon Quest X adds dragons.

Dragon Quest VIII Discounted For iOS And Android
    (Siliconera)
    - The game is availalbe for $14.99 until September 4th, down from its regular price of $19.99.

Does Square Enix realize that all the "iOS And Android" releases are just frustrating gamers more? There's a clear demand across numerous social media sites for DQVII and DQX to be localized on actual gaming devices and not phones. I just don't get it

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/a...very-soon.aspx

More dragon quest games coming out west. Although SE is going to have a challenge with DQ7 as they are dealing with a lot of text and i hope they are able to port it for mobile devices.
    Last edited by Soundersfan84; 29th Aug 2014 at 22:48.

Dragon Quest I Coming Out In September With A New Localization
    - In an interview with Siliconera, producer Noriyoshi Fujimoto revealed soon after the original Dragon Quest, Square Enix will also release Dragon Quest II and Dragon Quest III for iOS and Android in the West.

Square Enix Want To Bring Dragon Quest VII For 3DS To The West, But Aren’t Sure If It’ll Sell Enough
    - Siliconera asked Dragon Quest mobile producer Noriyoshi Fujimoto if Square Enix were interested in localizing the Dragon Quest VII remake for Nintendo 3DS.

New Action RPG, Dragon Quest Heroes In Development For PlayStation 4 And PS3 (Siliconera)
    - The game is a collaboration between Square Enix and Omega Force, and appears to be a Warriors-style game.
    - Official website.
    Last edited by Grimoire; 1st Sep 2014 at 10:29.

Square Enix Will Consider Localizing More Dragon Quest: Rocket Slime Games (Siliconera)
    - “In the western regions, especially North America, there are a lot of requests to see another Rocket Slime game,” says Square Enix’s Noriyoshi Fujimoto.

Metal Slime Edition Silver PlayStation 4 Coming Out With Dragon Quest Heroes (Siliconera)
    - Sony Computer Entertainment Japan Asia will also make limited edition Metal Slime Edition PlayStation 4 system. This silver console has a Metal Slime on the PS4 system and the controller.

Square Enix Would "Love To" Bring Dragon Quest X To The West (Siliconera)
    - "In terms of this being an MMO, again, we have to consider the operation and logistics of how to make that feasible," says Square Enix’s Yuu Miyake.

Message from Dragon Quest creator, Yuji Horii
    - Join us as we sit down with Horii san to get his thoughts on how the DRAGON QUEST franchise was born and his thoughts on the game design that’s made the franchise so popular!

Originally Posted by Grimoire
    Message from Dragon Quest creator, Yuji Horii
    - Join us as we sit down with Horii san to get his thoughts on how the DRAGON QUEST franchise was born and his thoughts on the game design that’s made the franchise so popular!
    Just saw the video and doesn't he basically confirm that 1-3 5, 6 and 7 will be coming to NA for mobile. We knew that 1-3 are coming out next few months with 5 and 6 after that but there were questions rather 7 will be heading here to NA as well given how large of a game text wise 7 is.

My guess based on the recent interviews is DQ1 being released this or next week, DQ2 this fall/autumn, and DQ3 in the winter.

Square Enix Casts Snooze To Temporarily Stop Dragon Quest X For 3DS Shipments (Siliconera)
    - Square Enix is halting shipments of Dragon Quest X for Nintendo 3DS in Japan. The game sold well and the initial batch sold out in less than one week, but the huge influx of players lead to problems with the 3DS version.

Dragon Quest Heroes And Dragon Quest XI Are Being Developed Simultaneously (Siliconera)
    - This week’s issue of Famitsu shares more information on Dragon Quest Heroes from series creator Yuji Horii.

http://www.touchtapplay.com/dragon-q...the-app-store/

Dragon quest I will be coming out later today for mobile for $3 from what i have heard

Originally Posted by Soundersfan84
    http://www.touchtapplay.com/dragon-q...the-app-store/

Dragon quest I will be coming out later today for mobile for $3 from what i have heard
    Dragon Quest I now out for IOS and Android

Thank you for keeping us updated, Soundersfan84. ^_-

Dragon Quest X On Nintendo 3DS Has Some Major Issues (Siliconera)
    - Dragon Quest X on 3DS has an average rating of 1.5 stars on Amazon Japan.

The original Dragon Quest is now available on iOS & Android devices!
    - RT for a Chance to win a US iOS Code!

Dragon Quest X On Nintendo 3DS Sold Through 95% Of Its Shipment (Siliconera)
    - On September 4th, Square Enix released the Nintendo 3DS version of Dragon Quest X in Japan, and the game sold 52,375 copies in its first week.

A Slime Draws Near!... on Your Dinner Plate (Anime News Network)
    - Village Vanguard, a quirky bookstore chain based in Nagoya, is now offering Slimes in curry form.

Dragon Quest Heroes Introduces Its Main Characters And A Couple New Friends (Siliconera)
    - Acht is the captain of the bodyguards who serve the king of Elsarze Castle.

A First Look At Dragon Quest Heroes’ Gameplay Footage (Siliconera)
    - The video starts out with the hero Acht and some of his buddies taking out small-fry enemies along with the Dragon boss that has been around since the first Dragon Quest.

Dragon Quest Heroes Releases The Gigantes (Siliconera)
    - Omega Force made giant bosses like the Gigantes, a towering cyclops monster that’s a staple in the Dragon Quest series, for Dragon Quest Heroes.

Dragon Quest III Out On iOS And Android Now (Siliconera)
    - Loto’s legacy is now complete on smartphones. Square Enix just released Dragon Quest III: And Thus Into the Legend… for iOS and Android in Japan.

I loved playing Dragon Warrior Monsters during my childhood years - much more so than the Pokémon games which I also owned.
    There are many people I personally know who would instantly preorder the 3DS version if it were released in the UK and Europe.
    I myself do not own a 3DS (only DSi and older consoles) but would definitely buy one solely to play Dragon Quest Monsters: Terry's Wonderland 3D if it was released over here. I am sure there are plenty of other people who would do the same.

Due to the 3DS region locking, we are unable to import the Japanese version of Dragon Quest Monsters: Terry's Wonderland 3D .
    The game itself exists in Japanese, there are countless fluent Japanese and English speakers who could translate the entire game’s text into good English for you. All that would remain would be for you to patch it into the game and release it as a digital download on the 3DS in our regions.

There would be no logistics involving shipping cartridges around the world, or preparing a set number of cartridges vs anticipated sales – digital downloads make it all easy for you (look at Steam's success!)

If you want to advertise the game a bit, just send a few posters to GAME stores / Gamestop stores to advertise the release of the game...

Please, please consider this... don't let us down - we have patiently waited more than two years already!

Feel free to use the signature to help get the message across! Copy and paste this into your signature box - deleting the stars just before the final square bracket ]: [sigimage]pZJNlxYpxJnYOYCybuuu.png[/sigimage*****]
    Last edited by Asamoya; 28th Sep 2014 at 23:09.
    signature image

Dragon Quest X Producer Would Love To See DQX On PlayStation 4 (Siliconera)
    - With Dragon Quest X already available on many platforms, fans recently asked producer Yosuke Saito on Nico Nico if we might see it get a release on PlayStation 4.

Dragon Quest II Will Be Available On Smartphones This Week (Siliconera)
    - Coming hot on the heels of last month’s iOS and Android release of Dragon Quest I is the release of Dragon Quest II

Dragon Quest II goes mobile
    - Luminaries of the Legendary Line is now available on iOS and Android.
    Last edited by Grimoire; 10th Oct 2014 at 17:25.

Page 5 of 23 First First 12345678915 ... Last