Thread: Dragon Quest Series - News

Dragon Quest Series - News

Dragon Quest Heroes
    This is Yuji Horii-san - the creator of Dragon Quest! Did you know his favourite character in DQ Heroes is Alena?
    - This is Ryota Aomi-san - the Producer on DQ Heroes! Did you know his favourite characters are Aurora and Alena?
    - This is Kenichi Ogasawara-san from Omega Force. He's in charge of the dev of DQH & his fav character is Jessica!
    - Here's a TBT photo of when I got to hang out with the main creators of Dragon Quest Heroes at Japan Expo!
    - "RUN FOR IT! IT'S GIGANTES!!" - Healix
    - All this fruit looks so yummy! I hope no one minds if I eat this orange :3
    - "Sabercats might look really cute but those teeth are really sharp so watch out!" - Healix
    Last edited by Grimoire; 24th Aug 2015 at 09:37.

Dragon Quest VIII
    Dragon Quest VIII On 3DS Has A Bunch Of New Scenarios And Loot (Siliconera)
    - Dragon Quest VIII’s latest screenshots for the upcoming 3DS version show off a new dungeon and additional scenes that are being added to the game.
    Last edited by Grimoire; 20th Aug 2015 at 15:11.

Dragon Quest Heroes
    DRAGON QUEST HEROES- Social Diary #1
    - Let’s start with a little introduction.

How Dragon Quest Heroes Is Different From Omega Force’s Other Warriors Games (Siliconera)
    - Siliconera sat down with Square Enix producer Ryota Aomi and Omega Force’s director Tomohiko Sho to talk about Dragon Quest Heroes: The World Tree’s Woe and the Darkness Below.
    Last edited by Grimoire; 23rd Aug 2015 at 09:06.

Dragon Quest Heroes
    "This is Nera from DQV (& DQH) who is known to help people in need in the town of Mostroferrato" - Healix
    - "I'd watch out if Nera is in high tension mode. Her magic is really powerful so get ready to run for cover!" - Healix
    - Wow, It's getting hot in here! Nera can really turn up the heat in battle with her magic!
    - Imps are famous Dragon Quest monsters and this one just narrowly dodged Nera's magic attack! Talk about lucky!
    Last edited by Grimoire; 28th Aug 2015 at 18:22.

Dragon Quest Heroes - PAX Prime
    I wonder what Luceus and Aurora are thinking?
    - I bet they are thinking about PAX this week! Will we see you there?
    - DRAGON QUEST HEROES- Social Diary #2 (PAX)
    - I hope all of you will come say hi at PAX Prime, and maybe you’ll even meet our very own celebrity healslime, Healix!
    - I'm goo-ing on a trip to Seattle for PAX! Will I make some new friends?
    - Pop a Dragon Quest Slime on your way to visit our SquareEnix booth #3646
    - Hey monster buddies, I made it! There's a huge line but I'm gonna sneak in. Hehe.
    - Healio! Pop, pop, pop! Look at these two cheerful smiles at the entrance of the show! Do you see any she-slime?
    - Please say hi! I'm live streaming at 4:45pm PDT at the Twitch booth #3317 playing DQ Heroes!
    - How do I look on the Twitch stage guys?! I'm liking the sea of smiles here!
    - Pop away! The popping sounds first surprised me but now I love it. Look at how much fun it is!
    - Pitter patter! I'm just lounging by the window counting the umbrellas walking by. It's pouring in Seattle!
    - At PAX PRIME booth #3646 showing off the game. Swing by!
    - 23 people beat Gigantes! How many other tough slayers are out there?
    - Healix here! 43 strong fans beat Gigantes so far. With a few more hours to go we will see if they can hit a 100?!
    - Last day to play DQ Heroes on the show floor! I really can get used to these headphones!
    - Ta-dah! I'm really liking the sights of Seattle. Hungry! I decided to take a stroll to Pike's Place for lunch!
    - Had a goo-reat lunch! I need to get back to the booth to see if a 100 people were able to beat Gigantes!
    - Go back to where you came from Gigantes! The folks at PAX Prime took you down 64 times today! I'm not scared anymore!
    - Hey, you can see my eyeball in the reflection ! One eyed Gigantes?! Bye Seattle! Thank you for being so good to me.
    Last edited by Grimoire; 1st Sep 2015 at 20:50.

DRAGON QUEST HEROES: The World Tree's Woe and the Heroes You Know Trailer

I personally don't like the voices of Alena, Kiryl, Maya, Luceus, Isla and Bianca, good thing you can switch between japanese and english voices ^-^

(I always prefer the JP voices)

Dragon Quest VIII
    Dragon Quest VIII Will Test Your Monster Battle Road Skill To Recruit Morrie (Siliconera)
    - Dragon Quest VIII released for the Nintendo 3DS today, and the latest batch of screenshots show us some of the early parts of the game, along with a hint in how to recruit Morrie.

Dragon Quest VII
    Dragon Quest VII Revealed For Smartphones (Siliconera)
    - Square Enix revealed on their official website that they’re bringing Dragon Quest VII to smartphone, and will showcase it at this year’s Tokyo Game Show.

Dragon Quest - Tokyo Game Show
    Square Enix reveals Tokyo Game Show 2015 lineup (Nova Crystallis)
    - Star Ocean, Final Fantasy, And Dragon Quest Lead Square Enix’s TGS 2015 Lineup (Siliconera)

Originally Posted by Grimoire
    Dragon Quest VII
    Dragon Quest VII Revealed For Smartphones (Siliconera)
    - Square Enix revealed on their official website that they’re bringing Dragon Quest VII to smartphone, and will showcase it at this year’s Tokyo Game Show.
    Given how we have gotten all the mobile ports AND this one is exactly like the 3DS game, can we rise our hopes about the 3DS one coming West? I mean, i don't see why we shouldn't get this on mobile, and since its the same as in 3DS, we SHOULD either get both or get none (but i don't see that happening after DQI, II and III got new translations and IV's party chat was finally completed. If there was effort in bringing those, there will be with VII mobile)

Prediction: we'll get the iOS version of DQ7. Then, when it (inevitably) doesn't sell, SE will point to it and go right back to their "DQ isn't popular in the west" BS.

Because SE. "Logical Fallacy" is their middle name.

Dragon Quest Heroes - GameStop 2015 Expo
    Rode a plane again and am on cloud nine! Made it to Las Vegas for the GameStop Manager show where I met Grayson!
    - Thanks for the boost Sam!Luceus, get'em get'em!!! The screen just filled up with the Inferno Slash!
    Last edited by Grimoire; 3rd Sep 2015 at 14:34.

Dragon Quest Heroes
    Bianca loves being outdoors & going on adventures. She's good with a bow & arrow in DQV which is on sale on mobile!
    - "If you've played Dragon Quest V, you might recognise Bianca's sabercat friend here in Dragon Quest Heroes!" - Healix
    - "Do you know what a Dragon Quest monster medal is?" -Healix
    - With her bow & arrow skills, Bianca can support the party with some shockingly good attacks!

DRAGON QUEST HEROES- Social Diary #3 (Depth and Strategy)
    - We’re only a little over one month away from the launch of DRAGON QUEST HEROES!
    Last edited by Grimoire; 6th Sep 2015 at 04:57.

Dragon Quest VIII
    Dragon Quest VIII Video Shows Comparison Between Its 3DS And PS2 Openings (Siliconera)
    - A comparison video shows Dragon Quest VIII’s 3DS and original PlayStation 2 opening movie side by side.

Dragon Quest Heroes
    There are bosses that are more intimidating than Gigantes like Boss Troll! Are you hero enough to take them on?"

Dragon Quest Heroes
    DRAGON QUEST HEROES- Social Diary #4 (DLC Episodes- FREE!)
    - The DLC episodes will be right on the disc, FREE!

Dragon Quest VII
    Dragon Quest VII To Launch On Smartphone On September 17 In Japan (Siliconera)
    - Dragon Quest VII uses the 3DS version as a base with random encounters for its battles, high-resolution and optimization for smartphone, along with various other features.

Dragon Quest Builders
    Dragon Quest Builders release date revealed for Japan, TGS 2015 trailer (Nova Crystallis)
    - Square Enix just revealed on SCEJA 2015 Press conference that Dragon Quest Builders is set to release on Playstation 3, PS Vita and Playstation 4 next year on January 28th in Japan.
    - Dragon Quest Builders Is A Lot Like Minecraft But Has Plenty Of Its Own Charm (Siliconera)
    Last edited by Grimoire; 19th Sep 2015 at 15:08.

Products
    Plush
    - PRE-ORDERS for the wacky DRAGON QUEST SLIME PLUSH are OPEN!!! He's a good Slime, we swear!
    Last edited by Grimoire; 15th Sep 2015 at 15:56.

Square Enix Presents at Tokyo Game Show

Products
    Dragon Quest Products at Tokyo Game Show

Dragon Quest X
    TGS 2015: Dragon Quest X All In One package announced for Wii U and PC (Nova Crystallis)
    - During Square Enix’s TGS 2015 stage event today, the company revealed a 3 in one package for Dragon Quest X in Japan which includes all the 3 updates for the game to date.

Dragon Quest Heroes
    Square Enix Plays Dragon Quest Heroes – Combat Overview
    - Want to see how DQ Heroes plays? Here's the 1st ep of our new Let's Play series! This one is about the core combat

Dragon Quest Builders
    Dragon Quest Builders Opening movie released (Nova Crystallis)
    - Dragon Quest Builders is set to arrive on PS Vita, Playstation 3 and Playstation 4 in Japan on January 28th, 2015.

Page 14 of 23 First First ... 4101112131415161718 ... Last