Thread: Dragon Quest Series - News

Dragon Quest Series - News

Event - Japan Expo
    - It's the last day of Japan Expo 2015 today so be sure to come play Dragon Quest Heroes on the Square Enix booth
    - Hope everyone had a great time playing Dragon Quest Heroes at Japan Expo 2015 I had a fun time meeting so many fans
    Last edited by Grimoire; 6th Jul 2015 at 13:11.

Originally Posted by Grimoire
    Event - Japan Expo
    Man, did I ever need to hear some good news like this...

One part that you omitted from the DQ11 info, that I find very releaving is: "and that it will be a return to the traditional mechanics of Dragon Quest."

This is great to hear. Honestly, because it's being made for consoles, and because of how rampantly everything seems to be going action, I was really afraid that DQ11 would be an ARPG.

Originally Posted by Kalkano
    One part that you omitted from the DQ11 info, that I find very releaving is: "and that it will be a return to the traditional mechanics of Dragon Quest."
    I usually don't quote anything but the title and the news introduction text:

Dragon Quest VIII
    Wield Dragon Quest 1 Hero’s Sword In Dragon Quest VIII For 3DS (Siliconera)
    - Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King comes out in Japan on August 27. First print copies of the Nintendo 3DS version include a legendary item from the very first Dragon Quest.
    Dragon Quest Heroes
    ICYMI at Japan Expo 2015 we announced that DQH will feature both English AND Japanese voice overs in the West!

Dragon Quest Heroes
    ICYMI at Japan Expo 2015 we announced that DQH will feature both English AND Japanese voice overs in the West!
    Uhm that is posted on Dragon Quest's official site since it was opened after the reveal of the limited editions, scroll until you find the Specs if you don't believe me.

I usually don't quote anything but the title and the news introduction text:
    I wasn't criticizing. It just caught my attention, and I noticed that it wasn't in the forum post.

I believe you, slime_fan. I'm merely redirecting "news" from the news channels in this particular case.
    I did not think of it as criticism, Kalkano - I was merely pointing out this little detail.

Events - San Diego Comic-Con
    San Diego Comic Con 2015
    - Convention season is in full swing and once again, Square Enix will be making a presence at San Diego Comic Con!

Square Enix is bringing Dragon Quest Heroes and Final Fantasy Type-0 to San Diego Comic Con (Nova Crystallis)
    - San Diego Comic Con is gearing up this weekend and Square Enix is prepped to bring along a couple playable titles as well as a wealth of merchandise up for purchase.

Dragon Quest Builders announced. Its a Minecraft-like game but in Dragon Quest I's world, Alefgard.

Thank you for posting, slime_fan.

Dragon Quest Builders
    Official Website

Dragon Quest Builders Is Set In The First Dragon Quest Game With Blocks (Siliconera)
    - Dragon Quest Builders’ protagonist comes in male and female versions, both drawn by series designer Akira Toriyama. He/she has a special power of being able to create an item out of just about anything.
    Last edited by Grimoire; 9th Jul 2015 at 14:18.

Dragon Quest Heroes
    More than just Warriors: Dragon Quest Heroes Impressions (Nova Crystallis)
    - Immediately striking is how beautiful the game looks; the gorgeous cel-shaded graphics echoed back to the style of Dragon Quest VIII.

Products
    New Dragon Quest Slime products

Dragon Quest VIII
    Dragon Quest VIII Has New Quests Where Players Take Photos Of Monsters (Siliconera)
    - We’re not quite sure how a camera found its way into the world of Dragon Quest VIII, but the Nintendo 3DS version has a new Camera Mode.
    Dragon Quest Heroes
    Hey look, it's me! This is what I look like in the game Dragon Quest Heroes!
    - This is Jessica! She's from Dragon Quest VIII and is really good with a whip - Healix
    - "Jessica can charm just about anybody! A little wink and even I feel a bit mushy!" - Healix
    - This is Yangus from Dragon Quest VIII. He says funny things that our British fans might understand better than me
    Products
    Dragon Quest Summer Festival
    Last edited by Grimoire; 18th Jul 2015 at 00:59.

http://www.siliconera.com/2015/07/15...-nintendo-3ds/

Oh look at that, Dragon Quest Monsters Joker is happening for 3DS.

Which means you guys are about to have ANOTHER Dragon Quest game for 3DS to localize. How many is that on JUST that system now, seven games? Eight if you count the DQX port?

The drooling and incompetent powers-that-be at Square-Enix need to cut the bologna and just get these titles localized already. There is CLEARLY a demand. This "well maybe if you buy this very different spin-off game that's not even an RPG and is only for one brand-new system" crap with Heroes is stupid and pointless. Heroes is NOT one of the many games we've spent the last FOUR YEARS begging for.

When is Square-Enix going to shape up and realize there's a market for these games? There's a huge backlog of DQ games that haven't left glorious privileged Nippon. Some of them have even gotten "greatest hits" style REPRINTS over there, but the bumbling wishy-washy simpletons in charge have yet to give them a first release anywhere else.

No more excuses and vagueness. We WANT them. If you release them, we WILL buy them. Just DO IT.

@KaboomKrusader They used a spinoff selling badly to stop bringing them over here. It makes sense that they use a spinoff to start bringing them here again. In most gaming companies it wouldn't make sense at all, but this one is uhm different.
    I feel excited about DQMJ3 happening even not being a big fan of the two DQMJ games, and i also feel sad because i know we won't get it. We aren't getting the best game (imo) on 3DS ( which is DQM2), we won't get DQMJ3 either.

Dragon Quest VIII
    Dragon Quest VIII On 3DS Has A Bunch Of Extra Stuff (Siliconera)
    - Square Enix say there are other new dungeons in Dragon Quest VIII on 3DS as well.

Dragon Quest VIII
    Dragon Quest VIII for 3DS second trailer (Gematsu)
    - Square Enix has released the second trailer for the 3DS version of Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King.

That trailer is region locked... Anyway, totally loving the clothes options and Red's cannon attack haha

That pretty much sums up the state of Dragon Quest "news" for us right now.

"You aren't even allowed to watch the trailers for these new 3DS games because the nimrods running this company don't even want to admit in your region that those games exist."

Dragon Quest Heroes
    "My friend Luceus is thoughtful and righteous even if he likes to ramble on about his strategies" - Healix
    - "Uh oh! Someone has made Luceus mad! He has gone into High Tension Mode!" - Healix
    - "Dragon Quest Heroes is an exciting action RPG & here's Luceus showing off his magic skills with Kazap!" - Healix

Returning West: An Interview with the Developers of Dragon Quest Heroes (Nova Crystallis)
    - With multiple entries delayed or outright absent in several regions, fans were left wondering if there ever would be any sort of consistency with the series missing a localization for several key Nintendo 3DS releases.
    Dragon Quest Builders
    Dragon Quest Builders Directed By Etrian Odyssey Creator (Siliconera)
    - Kazuya Niinou revealed on his Twitter account that he’s directing the upcoming title.
    Last edited by Grimoire; 22nd Jul 2015 at 23:45.

That interview didn't say jack squat about all the games before Heroes that we actually WANT localized. When are the people in charge going to wise up?

> Bravely Default selling well makes Square Enix's president realize there's a market for JRPGs
    >Yuu Miyake: "Because this is the first action game in the series"
    Thats not what we asked for. No Dragon Quest fan wants an action game before a JRPG. Its cool that we are getting it (any Dragon Quest is welcome. Always), and we thank you for your efforts bringing it, but this is not what we asked for. We asked, and still ask, for the 3DS games we missed since 2011.

Dragon Quest VIII
    Dragon Quest VIII’s Photo Mode Has Players Track Down Rare Monsters And Hidden Items (Siliconera)
    - Dragon Quest VIII has a new feature that lets players take photos inside the game’s world. Pressing the start button switches the game into camera mode.
    Dragon Quest Builders
    Dragon Quest Builders Hammers Out New Screenshots (Siliconera)
    - Square Enix is mixing Minecraft with the Dragon Quest series to create Dragon Quest Builders, a RPG where you can harvest crafting materials from any location by hitting objects with your weapon.

Dragon Quest Heroes
    "Don't underestimate Jessica's magic! Even if there's 100s of monsters on screen she can blow them all away" - Healix
    - "Yangus is so strong when he's serious! I hope no one is going to get hurt!" - Healix
    Dragon Quest of the Stars
    Dragon Quest of the Stars Announced For Android And iPhone (Siliconera)
    - Dragon Quest of the Stars is an upcoming free-to-play Dragon Quest game with exploration and character customization.
    Last edited by Grimoire; 24th Jul 2015 at 18:18.

Page 12 of 23 First First ... 2891011121314151622 ... Last