Page 1 of 4 1234 Last

Thread: Shellshock 2?

Shellshock 2?

Question Shellshock 2?

im bursting with ideas to make a second shellshock game, not in the vietnam era (maybe they could make another vietnam one, with more improvements, and authentic weapons/missons) but anyways, maybe Guerilla and Eidos could make a WWII themed game like shellshock nam 67, only set in WWII, but you dont play as the americans (cause you ALWAYS play as them except in call of duty) or the British. They should choose the Russians as their battlefield now! They fought in many deadly battles, and should keep the flavor of just being a lower leveled soldier, and doing missions with bigger squads, and better AI (like your buds in call of duty) But choose Russia as the battleground fella's! Play in the battle'd of Kursk, Stalingrad, Battle for Berlin, and many more you can think of!! I think it would be an excellent idea if they made a game like that. Show the horrors of WWII, make it just as bloody and deadly as Nam 67, same grainy filter, (i loved it in Shellshock, gives it an authentic feel) And include the weapons used by the Russians, and Germans (all Authentic of course! ) I think it could actually come out to a great end product!

worst.idea.ever. lol

I really dont know bro...i mean i agree wit ya on alot of other things but theres been soooo many WW2 games and i think even if they did do this Pacific Assault would kill it and plus i want to see more Vietnam games i've seen so many WW2 games!

SS2

It would be hard to compete with Battlefield 42, Medal of Honor Allied Assault and others already out there that have done an excellent job at portraying WWII.

I agree with the previous response ... let's keep this focused on Vietnam, where good games have been sorely lacking. The case (and challenge) for a sequel is there: better AI, more expansive missions, etc.

Why -- for instance -- is a lieutenant leading a squad? He must definitely be on the CO's doo doo list. lol

Take point troop and don't get yourself waxed to the max. Geronimo. -- d2

I dunno, WWII is a great subject line, especially with the Russians, cause they had the HARDEST missions, i think. True, there arent many 'Nam games out, maybe they could make another one with improved AI, weapons, and more missions and stuff, but they should keep you as a grunt, no special forces or anything, and have AI as smart as your friends in Call of Duty

Yeah sarge im down with that!

Just pure grunt...no leveling up to SF or any crap like that...if they do make a sequel they should make ambushes...like actual ones and you should be able to ride Slicks more often...get dropped off in a cold LZ see a tree line that looks weird...pop off a couple shots at it then BOOM charlies all over the place...they should just try and remake alot of stuff out of books...and at least have guns and stuff accurate...and yeah Charlie was dumber than Battlefield Vietnams Single player mode in this game....but i gotta admit it was a pretty cool game i liked the dead bodies all over the place...but they should try to make it more of an RPG/Shooter...nothing like FF with the level up (except maybe promotions you and medals that sort of stuff) and it would be cool if they actually made the guys GRUNTS...straight up grunts not REMFS...i mean these guys are out in the Bush for one mission and come back to base the hardcore guys in Nam stayed out in the bush more than a day...or weeks...they should also have like...a soldier class selection, Recon,Radio Operator,Medic, Sniper, Rifle Man, you know that kind of thing instead of everyone just running around blasting each other. Well i know someones gonna diss my ideas oh well...later days!!

OH YEAH!!! i wanna write on my helmet an Flak Jacket on part 2!!! lol!!! HOLLA!!!

Sgt Spect's right, in that there are numerous possibilities in the WWII genre. However, there are other game engines/systems out there already dealing with that, and indeed, some of them do have Russian front scenarios.

Vietnam, on the otherhand, has been under-represented ... especially with a quality system.

I like some of AO's suggestions if Eidos decides to undertake a sequel. Most sweep-type missions were at least 3-4 days in length, with some longer. LRRP (Long Range Reconnaissance Patrol) missions tended to last longer and were covert in nature. So the thrust here should be on what the line dogs went through: search and destroy missions, assault missions and the like. Even routine patrolling of the base camp area to discourage VC build up of forces.

BTW, I thought the reference to the Sh1t-burning detail early on at the base camp was a riot: no pun really intended, but it was a crappy job pulling out the "pots" and then torching them with diesel fuel. Thank God we don't have scratch n' sniff monitors lol.

My main critique so far is in the AI: the squad (platoon?) doesn't use the fireteam concept, and there is no concept of fire and maneuver by your teammates. The "hey diddle, diddle, go right up the middle" approach is suicidal at best.

I also agree that there should be more of an impact when teammates get wounded, and they should be out of the fight, at least temporarily. And yes, the suggestion of having a medic along is an excellent one. Spending quality time with the nurses would almost be worthwhile lol.

Insofar as the intermingling of SF missions and the typical grunt-type missions ... it just didn't happen like that. The closest it came to that was that line units -- such as the 2/502nd parent brigade HQ -- would form ad hoc LRRP teams for intelligence-gathering purposes. While not part of the brigade's normal TO&E (Table of Organization and Equipment), military reality for tactical intelligence necessitated this approach in many commands.

The 101st Airborne recognized the value of small units having the ability to accomplish such missions, and for that reason (among others) instantiated their own Recondo (Reconnaissance Commando) school. In fact, after the division's return to the US in 1971, the school became integral in the NCO development track at Fort Campbell.

But beyond ad hoc LRRP/Recondo-type elements within a large command's TO&E, interaction between SF elements and line units was minimal at best. Further, it would be a rarity for a line grunt to be assigned to an SF unit, as SF teams were trained at Ft. Bragg, NC and went through the rigorous training at the JFK Warfare Center there (US Army Green Berets, not sure where the Navy/Marine Corps based their training at the time).

Lightbulb TIP: Make a game about current WARs US Army is engaging

Why WWII alway? How about game (same as SSNAM67) about current war, war against terrorism?
    A game about war in Afghanistan and Irad. EIDOS can just copy paste (lol) NAM67 code to Shell Shock: 9/11, they can replace DIEM (villain of NAM67) with Osama bin ladin (lol) and relace jungles to deserts.
    Man! if they agree to this theme i can write two episodes for this game
    Ideas in mind:
    episode 1. Shell Shock: 9/11 Al-Qaeda
    episode 2. Shell Shock: 9/11 Saddoom (lol, i ripped Saddam)
    Behind the enemy lines,
    AbCenT

For that sort of thing, try Blackhawk Down and Team Sabre add-on. I think Eidos is onto a good thing here if they can iron out a few things, and would prefer their focus remain committed to Vietnam.

Thumbs Down

Originally posted by d-2-502-101abn
    For that sort of thing, try Blackhawk Down and Team Sabre add-on. I think Eidos is onto a good thing here if they can iron out a few things, and would prefer their focus remain committed to Vietnam.
    well, thats SUX!
    Behind the enemy lines,
    AbCenT

Originally posted by abcent
    well, thats SUX!
    no those game are actually pretty good. I myself would like to see more Vietnam games. So far the only ones that look good that are coming out are MOV and Vietcong was pretty good.

To the dude up there who wants Modern Warfare

Get Battlefield 2: Modern Warfare...that game is going to rock

i think its called Battlefield 2: Modern Warfare...i 4got..well correct me if im wrong! later!

Right now it's still a working title. So for now they are callin' it Battlefield 2. But there is a console Battlefield game called Battlefield: Modern Combat...not out yet for a while though

Eidos should do a better remake of Kuma War, just make it a game you have to buy, advance graphics, more up too date...It would be a great seller...Modern Day wars, they can even have updates of certain missions that are going on...ofcourse you would have to download them weekly or maybe even daily
    REALISM is KEY!

I think weekly and daily updates are slightly unrealistic.

Well not if its based on real life scenarios in Iraq...

I guess I don't understand, you want new downloadable content available daily?

that is highly unlikely

I dunno i am just stoned forget it...I just meant it would be cool to have a game that is based on Real Life Scenarios just forget about the daily part...

My idea for a Shellshock sequel:

Shellshock: Homecoming '68- You made it home. But your war is only beginning. You must face off against long-haired, dirty hippies who spit on you and call you a babykiller. Go section 8 on your girlfriend, who ran off with your best friend while you were in 'Nam. Go ballistic in the veteran's clinic, after they deny you your prescription drugs. Execute anyone you suspect of being a VC, even if it is the paperboy or your next door neighbor. Vietnam was the easy part........

Lol, that would be a funny idea...

Thumbs Down

Originally posted by Private Joker
    My idea for a Shellshock sequel:

Shellshock: Homecoming '68- You made it home. But your war is only beginning. You must face off against long-haired, dirty hippies who spit on you and call you a babykiller. Go section 8 on your girlfriend, who ran off with your best friend while you were in 'Nam. Go ballistic in the veteran's clinic, after they deny you your prescription drugs. Execute anyone you suspect of being a VC, even if it is the paperboy or your next door neighbor. Vietnam was the easy part........
    You weird Joker! you should see Mama-San Daily she wont deny your access if you got enough chits
    Behind the enemy lines,
    AbCenT

Oh, sort of like a Sims 68? lol

I remember my "homecoming" ... it wasn't a pleasant experience, and based on events in SF airport and while home on leave, I ended up reenlisting and -- unlike many -- got to "detune" within the structure of the Army stateside rather than on the streets. (lol ... to make a long story short.)

Originally posted by d-2-502-101abn
    Oh, sort of like a Sims 68? lol

I remember my "homecoming" ... it wasn't a pleasant experience, and based on events in SF airport and while home on leave, I ended up reenlisting and -- unlike many -- got to "detune" within the structure of the Army stateside rather than on the streets. (lol ... to make a long story short.)

That's some ed up . It makes me so angry how people can spit and abuse soldiers that served their country, and risked their lives. And some of them, like my Uncle Ron for instance was drafted into the army gave his life for their freedom, and they don't even care.

I understand that they have the right to protest, but have a little respect.

Amen: we all have a right to dissent ... but respectfully.

Page 1 of 4 1234 Last