Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Defiance Camera Patch & Debug Menu by Vampmaster & cubanraul

Since the camera is difficult to control when the patch is on, Cubanraul suggested that I take the link to the patch down. However I'll leave it up for now so people know what's going on. The trainer program let's to switch between the Defiance camera and the SR2 camera just by pressing a button on the keyboard:

(Deleted due to a reported virus)

To use the trainer, just have it running at the same time as Defiance. You can even have the trainer minimised (or hidden) in the background and still be able to use the keyboard to activate/deactivate the codes anytime during play.

9 = Activate Shift At Will
    8 = SR2 Camera
    7 = Defiance Camera

Someone asked in the other thread how far I can modify the camera. Well the Defiance camera is sort of like it's on a rail. I can't change the rail or make my own (That would involve a lit of every possible position in the game that Kain/Raziel could possibly be), but with work I can take it off the rail. So I can increase the control over it.

There's maybe 10,000 coordinates for every area length, width and depth or the places the character can be in so that's like 1,000,000,000,000 different alterations I'd have to do if I wanted to make my own cinimatic camera.

IMPORTANT EDIT: Someone reported that there was a virus in the original patch that I posted. I've not used the patch since I changed over to using trainers, so I can't confirm this. However just to be on the safe side I've removed the link. The trainer here is definately safe to use, since 100% of it is C++ code I wrote myself and the ones on www.thelostworlds.net will be as well, just don't use the patch linked to near the beginning of this thread.

http://www.pillarsofnosgoth.legacyof...nceTrainer.zip

If you've given it to any cheat sites or what ever, feel free to let them know to use the trainer instead, which has more features anyway.

The debug menu has been added to the trainer! Hope you enjoy it:

http://home.comcast.net/~t7g/DefianceCamSwitcher.zip

(It's the same link as before)

This is the latest version:

And a pic:

It works with both versions 1.0 and 1.1

Please report any bugs that weren't in previous versions of the trainer. It shouldn't reset to the normal camera unless it's told to but we used a different trainer maker so I'm not positive. CubanRaul seemed sure it worked right though.

Everything in this one is done using the keybord while the game is playing so you don't need pause or minimise the Defiance window to use it's functions and the trainer itself can just stay running in the background.

Lightbulb

To place more emphasis on the efforts of Vampmaster and cubanraul, this thread has been purged of all discussion.

Please refrain from contributing any discussion in this thread as it will now be focused on releasing updates (if applicable) to what is stated in the post above.

Constructive discussion regarding this (or the camera in general) may be directed to this thread

Thanks.

Upcoming Events!:

Get SR2 Trainer beta version released <- 1 week tops
    (That's the beta version of the trainer, not a trainer for the SR2 beta version. There's not really any bugs it either but there's stuff I want to add.)
    Add SR2 submenus <- 2 to 3 weeks
    My BIG suprise <- 3 to 4 weeks
    All trainers built into one <- 1 month
    Make Defiance camera reset function???
    Fix Defiance level select menu???
    Flight code???
    Walk through walls???

Here it is! My big suprise!

The SR1 debug menu enabler!:

http://pillarsofnosgoth.legacyofkain.net/SR1_DBG.exe

I'll post this in the Soul Reaver series forum with more detail:

http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthr...threadid=47005

...and yet another one! That makes three games now

Soul Reaver 2 debug menu enabler!

http://pillarsofnosgoth.legacyofkain.net/SR2_DBG.exe

I've tested it on the UK premier collection version and the version with the unofficial patch. I think the premier collection is the same as the other versions except it's patched to 1.02 when bought. It seems I needed 1.02 + the unofficial patch to run Divine Shadows hacked saves. So it you've used those then this should work too.

Thanks to Babifrence for his extensive testing and finding some nasty bugs. There's a whole load of people who've helped with these projects without even knowing it, but I'm working on something even bigger so full credits will be given it that.

EDIT: The recent posts were moved here: http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthr...threadid=44247

Unhappy

I can't download the sr2 debg menu enabler. It downloads the file as a htm file . If i double click that file it brings me to a travel site

Perhaps the bandwidth's used up. Let me check.

EDIT: Ok, it's confirmed. The site is down and since my site was a subdomain of Omega's and I don't know if my free one at angelfire will allow downloads I guess this means I'm looking for places to host the Soul Reaver 1 & 2 trainers.

EDIT 2: I forgot to mention that the Defiance trainer is hosted on CubanRauls site and therefore is still available to download. It's also available from www.megagames.com I'll probably just ask him to host the others too, but the more sites with it the easier they will be to find.

I have something big planned for the trainers including rolling the four of them into one, and a new host. Possibly adding some mouse controls for the Defiance SR2 cam as well. This will have to wait until the end of this month when I've finished my exams.

The fourth trainer is for BO2 and will allow such fixes as removing the black screen caused by using the level select room without having to shut down the health bar and dark gift menu. That will be released once I've got it working for versions 1.01 and 1.02.

EDIT: HURRAY!!! Omega fixed the links. The trainers can be downloaded again.

This camara drives my crazy...

Hi,

I tried the patches to change the camera behavior, but it doesn't help me much. It's probably impossible, but how about a patch that gets us the so desired first person perspective?

I am about to throw this game into the fire place, just because I can't get this movement thing down... To illustrate.... I have been killed about 200 times (no joke) by missing jumps and maybe once, or twice by an enemy...

Needless to say that this takes most of the funout of the game. For me it turned the long awaited continuation of a great story into a nightmare... And I mean that in a bad way.

Game on.
    N.

I have a lot of stuff I'm working on for SR1 at the moment, but maybe I could try something like zooming the swim camera right up to in front of his face and aimed away from him. Maybe just a plain zoom in/out feature would improve things a fair bit. I havn't looked into the camera codes in a while. Hmm, now that I think about it I don't remember us saying what the SR1/2 cameras controls were. I presume they were the same as the regular ones.

EDIT: I've been receiving a lot of messages lately about getting the camera modes to work. I think the problem is that you have to use the number keypad to the right of the arrow keys on the keyboard. Not the number keys above the letters.

EDIT 2: The Defiance trainer is now also available at www.thelostworlds.net. Ben let me be a guest writer with a feature on the trainer programs.
    "If events are matched closely enough to course, they have a way of restructuring themselves to familiar outcomes." ~ Scorpius, Farscape

Would it be possible, somehow, to have SR1 running @ 60fps, like the Dreamcast version?
    Where Time is but a loop,

A loose stitch in the universal cloth,

A Streamer might seize upon a chance, a fatal slip -

And plunge the fate of planets into chaos...

TO BE CONTINUED...

Wouldn't that just make it in turbo mode? I don't think it produces any extra frames to squeeze into a second.
    "If events are matched closely enough to course, they have a way of restructuring themselves to familiar outcomes." ~ Scorpius, Farscape

The new improved SR1 Trainer v2.0 Beta should be released in just a couple of more weeks. This one, rather than adding one or two address "Pokes" to a trainer maker kit, I've written this one entirely myself using C++. Over a 1000 lines of code make up the trainer which injects over 2KB of brand new data into the game. Includes an extended debug menu modeled after the cheat menu from the PS1 SR1 Beta from which you can listen to all the audio in the game including that of the Priestess and Turel, an option to swim through the air and a whole slew of reconstructed abilities that you will only have seen in places such as thelostworlds. All this coming to a PC near you soon...

EDIT: Almost done. There's just a few more cosmetic things to be done before the beta version is ready for release. One or two of the debug menu options doesn't seem to work quite right and I neglected to give the Ariel Reaver a projectile of it's own and I wanted to add one other cosmetic thing from the beta that will serve as an indication of whether the trainer is active. Anyways, not long now. Another thing was that I made a trainer to disable the movies in SR1. I know this spoils the game a bit, but for people who can't play the game due to the movies causing it to crash, it's better than nothing. I'll convert that to a patch next chance I get. There's a couple of driver related things that I plan to investigate but that will have to wait a while.

Cannot wait to your finished!

Question Camera continues spinning until the mouse is not "centered" again

Firstly, thank you for you work and patches to the LoK series games.
    Now I'd like to ask you if there is a way to make the camera rotate exactly like in SR2?
    In SR2, the camera stops rotating around the caracter as soon as I do not move the mouse any longer; on the contrary the Trainer need the mouse to be "centered" again or the camera keeps up spinning. So am I missing a setting or the Trainer is behaving the way it is meant to do?

I'll need to add quite a bit more to the trainer to get it to do that. I've had very limited access to the internet since I finished uni and I need to find a job soon as well so it might be a while. There is just one part of the SR1 trainer I wanted to do before I release it but getting some work's a priority right now.

EDIT: I did a lot of re-working on the behaviour for the debug menu, added a reverse yes/no option where the 0 bit can represent yes instead of no when needed so the invincible will work, made it so left and right toggle the yes/no options instead of right being always yes and no always yes and I've almost got that infuriating "Keep Info Between Loads" actually keeping the info it's supposed too. Fixing this buggieness will just be the icing on the cake towards all the other things I've acomplished. This thing is epic and I'm really sure it's going to be ready soon this time. I'll be sending Ben another article for tlw as well so everyone can see what I've done to SR1 over the past year. And when I get around to it I think I'll be able to make the some of the unfinished areas accessible from the PS1.

EDIT 2: This was a no movie patch for SR1 I made because people were saying they were having problems with the intro movies crashing the game. It spoils the fun a little but if you can't find any of the drivers that fix the movies or need different hardware, at least it will make the game playable. It's for use with the XP patched version.

http://pillarsofnosgoth.legacyofkain...R1NoMovies.exe

...and here it is! The SR1 Trainer v2.0 Beta!

http://pillarsofnosgoth.legacyofkain...Trainer_v2.exe

This trainer both enables the debug menu and restores it to it's original state from the SR1 beta. This means that since my original SR1 trainer, I have added:

About five extra submenus including one that lets you listen to any dialog from the game.
    The deleted reavers that were previously only available on PC by using winhack as described in ww.thelostworlds.net and some new special effects with the projectiles that were left unfinished by the SR1s developers now fully functional with added elemental damage effects.
    The ability to fly as if swiming through the air. (Material Realm only)
    Fixed the invincible option so that it works and also upgraded the debug menus controls a bit.
    Added customisable controls to the trainer.
    Made the inaccessable City10 and Push1 and the level where you meet Moebius available from the level select menu.
    Hardware, drivers and resolution etc can be changed mid game.
    Had a go at fixing the black core of the Kain Reaver (I think you press F8 for that but I didn't add the control changer yet).
    The "Keep Info Between Loads" didn't work properly in my previous Soul Reaver 1 trainer, so I fixed that as well.
    All that and more available from what is quite possibly the greatest hack ever created for lok!

EDIT: Updated the trainer. The Kain Reaver projectiles now vapourise enemies and there's possibly a few less bugs. Enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by MadeR
    Firstly, thank you for you work and patches to the LoK series games.
    Now I'd like to ask you if there is a way to make the camera rotate exactly like in SR2?
    In SR2, the camera stops rotating around the caracter as soon as I do not move the mouse any longer; on the contrary the Trainer need the mouse to be "centered" again or the camera keeps up spinning. So am I missing a setting or the Trainer is behaving the way it is meant to do?
    I misread your message earlier. I was testing the trainer the other week and I see what you mean. Stopping the unwanted rotation might not be as hard as enabling the vertical tilt, which is what I thought you meant. I'll look into it when I get the chance.

EDIT: Anyone have SR1 version 1.2 but not the unofficial XP patch? If so, let me know if the trainer still works.

EDIT 2: The new elemental reavers are only in the imbue menu since there's nothing in nosgoth to imbue them with, there'd be no point in putting them in the forged abilities menu.

I finally added the possession code! At the moment it's just the possession camera like in the SR2 cheat device code for PS2, but I'm working on enabling the ability to control the enemy. I've added it to the to camera menu for now. There's a few more finishing moves and damage effects I want to add and some things like disabling the collision detection and phasing in material and climbing in spectral, however it might take me a while to do those. I think the Water Glyph/Reaver upgrade might be only one that shows up any time soon.

It would help if I could get some more feedback as some of the extra menus and abilities aren't working for everyone and knowing the versions and situations it does work for might help.

The update is the same link as before and it should say v2.2 Beta as the window name if it's the right one:
    http://pillarsofnosgoth.legacyofkain...Trainer_v2.exe

Quote Originally Posted by Vampmaster
    This is the latest version:

And a pic:

It works with both versions 1.0 and 1.1

Please report any bugs that weren't in previous versions of the trainer. It shouldn't reset to the normal camera unless it's told to but we used a different trainer maker so I'm not positive. CubanRaul seemed sure it worked right though.

Everything in this one is done using the keybord while the game is playing so you don't need pause or minimise the Defiance window to use it's functions and the trainer itself can just stay running in the background.
    I downloaded the camera patch. My antivirus detected a trojan in it. Do you have a virus-free version of the patch?

Yes he is correct,
    Nortan anti virus dectects a trojan,its also in SR1 and SR2 Debugs.
    I just disable norton it while I use it.

Norton probably thinks it's a trojan because it modifies the memory that another program is using.

It's actually a dll file that gets included in the trainer that gets mistaken for a virus. The anti-virus recognises that specific dll as part of the file. It is safe to tell the anti virus to ignore it but I'll try to make a C++ version which doesn't have this problem. I've temporarily swore off recreational programming until I can get some work because it takes up too much of my time. I'm only looking for part time but I'm running out of money fast and need to sort that out before I can get back to the trainers. I promise I'll try to be quick, but the current version of the trainer is safe to use dispite the problems with the dll.

Fair enough,I thought it may be a mistake as it did not do it before.
    I just Disable norton when I use it as the ignore doesnt seem to work.

Im spewing,I installed a New Nvidia 6200 as it has component video out,so I could play Soul Reaver on big TV without using Svideo to RCA (Previsouly had FX 5200 ).
    Unfortunatly Soul Reaver will not play not matter what I do, Ill wait for my laptop but it has not component out.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast