Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: Shell shock, the way i see it

Shell shock, the way i see it

  1. #1

    Shell shock, the way i see it

    i gotta say so far the details im reading are dissapointing me.
    ive had high hopes for this game for months.
    ill be getting it def, but the gettin shot 6 times and not dying is sounden like crap.
    and you cant jump, have to walk around little tree stumps?? cmon. Eidos has never really put out anything that great,
    except tomb raider back when any game was good.


    might just wait for MEn OF Valor on xbox, thats lookin realistic, brutal with better controls. Look up on it, insane

  2. #2
    okay if your getting shot at in the Nam you'd want to stand straight up and walk over a tree stump instead of going prone an crawling

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 1998
    Location
    Blackfriars
    Posts
    3,885
    This is something a lot of people seem to not quite grasp.

    Most shooters to date have a very simple gameplay mechanic, stand and shoot back, or run at the enemy shooting.

    This is NOT realistic.

    In Shellshock if you use this tactic of just charging at the badguys shooting, you will die very quickly. You need to use the undergrowth etc. Hide behind that tree stump blah blah.

    Ok, yes you cannot jump, but you can dive for cover, and sprint.

    Think about it, jumping in the middle of a battlefield would kinda cause a `hey look at me jumping *BANG* *DEAD*` situation.

    There is no such thing as a perfect solution to gameplay, if you do one thing someone complains they wouldn't do that, if you do something else then the others complain you didn't do the first thing.

  4. #4
    well i dont think that MOV would be any better for you than Shellshock Nam '67... MOV you can take about 70 hits before you die. I have gotten shot 12 times in the head and still lived and beat the mission. You can not jump in MOV either. So i believe that shellshock will be more realistic.

  5. #5
    alright, i hear you with the jumping
    but not being able to simply run over a log when your gettin blasted at isint good.
    but i love games where you get killed instantly, as it would really happen ex, socom 2
    mov is the same makers as Medal of honor: allied assault and that game was flawless.
    and on men of valor you cant see if your gettin headshots, its all first person down the barrel look. mov is lookin better polished with better sounds.
    im a war fanatic so ill be gettin pretty much every vietnam game that comes out

  6. #6
    Originally posted by CKY1709
    well i dont think that MOV would be any better for you than Shellshock Nam '67... MOV you can take about 70 hits before you die. I have gotten shot 12 times in the head and still lived and beat the mission. You can not jump in MOV either. So i believe that shellshock will be more realistic.
    In Shellshock on easy it's just the same. Rambo-ing through.

    In hard I doubt it will be much different, because you are fighting like 300 troops with 4 men. Try that realistically.

  7. #7
    okay what i ment to say is...would you rather want to be able to jump...or walk over a log and be standing straight up and them BOOM...your dead...or would you rather crawl an work your way around it...of course you'd rather crawl or you'd get lit up like the sky on the fourth of july!

  8. #8
    Originally posted by CKY1709
    well i dont think that MOV would be any better for you than Shellshock Nam '67... MOV you can take about 70 hits before you die. I have gotten shot 12 times in the head and still lived and beat the mission. You can not jump in MOV either. So i believe that shellshock will be more realistic.
    ok, that's simply not true. You can take way more hits in SS than you can in MOV. and in MOV you can bandage yourself. Although in MOV you also cannot jump. Leave jumping to Battlefield Vietnam.

  9. #9
    Originally posted by AgentOrange_section8
    okay what i ment to say is...would you rather want to be able to jump...or walk over a log and be standing straight up and them BOOM...your dead...or would you rather crawl an work your way around it...of course you'd rather crawl or you'd get lit up like the sky on the fourth of july!
    Well, you cannot jump over small trees lying on the floor, over small edges, even when there is no VC around. Neither can you crawl under trees, even if it appears to be high enough to cral under it.

    Sometimes you are een supposed to get to the other side of a fallen down tree, but you cannot go over or under anything, you just walk against it hoping to find a way through. Really annoying.

  10. #10
    Okay to b honest wif u guys.

    When i was looking at Men Of Valor, i thought, is this a joke?
    Cos everything in the game seems like a joke, it dont look as realistic and gritty and lovely jubbly stuff as shellshock, no way. Men of valor looks too plane and borin old stuff. Shellshock is soooooooooo cooooool! I mean, its sooo realistic, if u run into a nest full o baddies, u wont last long, as some other dudey said, u need to find and use cover. Its wiked stuff stuff wiked stuff. I especialy love the grenades in the game, u just throw them and wait for the pleasurable site. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...dismemberment...

  11. #11
    Originally posted by halder
    Okay to b honest wif u guys.

    its sooo realistic, if u run into a nest full o baddies, u wont last long, as some other dudey said, u need to find and use cover.
    Not more than in any other shooter game I played.

  12. #12
    Originally posted by ACEofSPADES87
    ok, that's simply not true. You can take way more hits in SS than you can in MOV. and in MOV you can bandage yourself. Although in MOV you also cannot jump. Leave jumping to Battlefield Vietnam.
    Oh yeah ace... i forgot you played it there fore you know how many shots you can take in shell shock.... Oh wait a minute... you havent played it so shut up... i have played MOV and all i said was that it takes a hell of alot of shots to get killed. And Shellshock has Med kits just like in mov you bandage your self. Dont talk about you dont know.

  13. #13
    Originally posted by CKY1709
    Oh yeah ace... i forgot you played it there fore you know how many shots you can take in shell shock.... Oh wait a minute... you havent played it so shut up... i have played MOV and all i said was that it takes a hell of alot of shots to get killed. And Shellshock has Med kits just like in mov you bandage your self. Dont talk about you dont know.
    I actually played SS for PS2 so I wouldn't go around telling people to shut up just yet. And yes you can take way more hits in SSn67 than you can in MOV. Trust me. 1 or 2 clean shots to the torso takes away all your health and you start bleeding. Then you have to quickly bandage yourself before you die.

    I just don't understand why you start freaking out and cursing when I just have a different opinion than you. If I was you I would watch what you type, before you get banned.

  14. #14
    Originally posted by halder
    Okay to b honest wif u guys.

    When i was looking at Men Of Valor, i thought, is this a joke?
    Cos everything in the game seems like a joke, it dont look as realistic and gritty and lovely jubbly stuff as shellshock, no way. Men of valor looks too plane and borin old stuff. Shellshock is soooooooooo cooooool! I mean, its sooo realistic, if u run into a nest full o baddies, u wont last long, as some other dudey said, u need to find and use cover. Its wiked stuff stuff wiked stuff. I especialy love the grenades in the game, u just throw them and wait for the pleasurable site. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...dismemberment...
    I agree with you that SS is fun. But MOV uses the Lush jungles to camoflauge the VC and NVA so well, sometimes you'll find yourself shooting into bushes thinking the enemy is there.

    Where as in SS the enemy doesn't use the environment for cover they just run out in herds and fall to the ground one after another as they get sprayed by a wall of bullets

  15. #15
    ^^^ yeah

    Even in the demo it shows that I mean, you start in a jungle and them VCs are hiding behind trees with grass and bushes all over the place next to the tree plus they are wearing grass nets and stuff...its cool because they take cover and use it to tear your guys up even though just like Shellshock none of them die. But sometimes in MOV they run out towards you and start blasting but then try to take cover, but of course by that time its to late because I've already let my slug fly. Oh well im not going to pass up shellshock im gonna buy that one no matter what but I think MOV better, oh yeah and one more thing to all the people who say MOV is so great they said the levels were gonna be HUGE and diverse so its not that linear or whatever and well...it basically is and from what i've heard so is Shellshock but i mean you cant blame them for that if they had the game where you could just go wherever you please well..that would defeat the whole purpose..oh well im out!
    peace,
    -justin

  16. #16
    Ace, howd you play shellshock?

  17. #17
    yeah ace??? and id watch my type??? DO you remember me i was campkillyourself.... if i get banned ill just start a new name it aint no biggie. I just said that in mov ive been shot in the head 12 times and still lived.. and if thats realistic i would like to know what kind of gun they were using. I went through the demo just runnin and gunnin.... i got shot 97 times and didnt die.... so im sorry but that aint realistic. And if you have played SS it was a pirated version. Your probably lying anyway

  18. #18
    Originally posted by CKY1709
    And if you have played SS it was a pirated version. Your probably lying anyway
    I know you are having problems realising there are more people and countries than the USA!!!

    In Europe shellshock has already been released. Face it. And don't call people pirates when you don't know for sure. The benefit of the doubt they call that. You have a serious attitude problem with your big arrogant mouth CKY.

  19. #19
    Where as in SS the enemy doesn't use the environment for cover they just run out in herds and fall to the ground one after another as they get sprayed by a wall of bullets
    They do use cover ACE they hide behind, trees, rocks, bushes anything they can get behind, some run at you granted, but most just hide and fire then move hide and fire and annoyingly throw grenades!.

  20. #20
    for people saying mov looks boring

    you have to survive mortar attacks and heavy artillery
    plus the vietcong and nva just sound better.. along with the us troops voice acting
    as stated before ill get shell shock but MOV will reign over this.

  21. #21
    Originally posted by Hobbit
    I know you are having problems realising there are more people and countries than the USA!!!

    In Europe shellshock has already been released. Face it. And don't call people pirates when you don't know for sure. The benefit of the doubt they call that. You have a serious attitude problem with your big arrogant mouth CKY.
    well you have a problem too,its called homosexuality.... If you were in this forum for longer than a couple of weeks you would knw that ace is from the U.S. dumba55... so why do you talk when you dont know what YOUR talking about.... HAHA a serious attitude problem haha....... thanks mom ill tone it down for you....

  22. #22
    Originally posted by Boston Strangler
    alright, i hear you with the jumping
    but not being able to simply run over a log when your gettin blasted at isint good.
    but i love games where you get killed instantly, as it would really happen ex, socom 2
    mov is the same makers as Medal of honor: allied assault and that game was flawless.
    and on men of valor you cant see if your gettin headshots, its all first person down the barrel look. mov is lookin better polished with better sounds.
    im a war fanatic so ill be gettin pretty much every vietnam game that comes out
    yeah same here

  23. #23
    The VC and NVA didn't use cover and camo any more than the US..infact they used it less..Just because the VC were groundhogs doesn't mean they used camo..Every nations troops used grass and trees and rocks and water to their advantage..thats obvious to any soldier..But the VC weren't known for hiding in bushes..they were known for their all out assaults..sending thousands of their men straight at you..They did that to try and overwhelm the US troops..Which did and didn't happen..Air support played a huge role in leveling thousands of waves of VC...You might see some VC firing from a tree line or bushes..but EVERYONE fired from cover..The VC were the first to start putting plants on their clothes and helmets..So as long as I see VC runnin at me with a twig and leaf in their helmets..Its all good.

  24. #24
    Originally posted by TheBlaza
    The VC and NVA didn't use cover and camo any more than the US..infact they used it less..Just because the VC were groundhogs doesn't mean they used camo..Every nations troops used grass and trees and rocks and water to their advantage..thats obvious to any soldier..But the VC weren't known for hiding in bushes..they were known for their all out assaults..sending thousands of their men straight at you..They did that to try and overwhelm the US troops..Which did and didn't happen..Air support played a huge role in leveling thousands of waves of VC...You might see some VC firing from a tree line or bushes..but EVERYONE fired from cover..The VC were the first to start putting plants on their clothes and helmets..So as long as I see VC runnin at me with a twig and leaf in their helmets..Its all good.
    The NVA and VC knew the entire terrain of Vietnam, we came into Vietnam unfamiliar to the surroundings. So the Vietnamese would ambush us and then cleverly blend into their sourrondings. If you've read as many Vietnam war books such as I have, you would know what I'm talking about. There are many stories of 1st level accounts of what being in the bush was really like.

    I understand what you mean about thousand Vietnamese running at you, but that was only when the U.S. troops had gaps in the lines and were outnumbered, even when we weren't outnumbered the enemy still wouldn't over run us. They would rather snipe us out so they wouldn't give away their bunkers and tunnels in the area. Which was important in the PAVN, NVA, and VC tactics. Trust me if charlie would've ran out in the open as much as you say we would've won the war.

    The only accounts of thousands Vietnamese running at you would be the first battle at River Drang.

  25. #25
    Originally posted by CKY1709
    yeah ace??? and id watch my type??? DO you remember me i was campkillyourself.... if i get banned ill just start a new name it aint no biggie. I just said that in mov ive been shot in the head 12 times and still lived.. and if thats realistic i would like to know what kind of gun they were using. I went through the demo just runnin and gunnin.... i got shot 97 times and didnt die.... so im sorry but that aint realistic. And if you have played SS it was a pirated version. Your probably lying anyway
    that is total bull, that you didn't die after getting shot in the head 12 times. Unless you bandaged yourself between getting shot. Cause in the demo I got shot twice and already lost my health and had to bandage myself before losing all of my blood. I admit SS is a fun game. But not more realistic than MOV, No wAY!

Page 1 of 2 12 Last