Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: my experiences with Shellshock

my experiences with Shellshock

my experiences with Shellshock

Heey everybody,

Just got Shellshock today, and played it a bit (on normal/medium difficulty).

The intro is superb, showing the horrors. The cutscenes are lovely as well.

The game plays okay, but there are some problems...

1. You can't jump, you cannot move over small objects or even small ridges a baby can crawl over.
    2. It takes a bit too long to kill somebody. 1 headshot should be enough. Though the rifle and sniper rifle works pretty good (1 shot 1 kill most of the time)
    3. The mission objectives are sometimes a bit unclear. I am now stuck in the first village, I cleared all the haystacks and all the villagers are where they are supposed to be. Then the Lt. screams soemthign like "ask him where the journalist is" but I can't talk to him (there is no talk button and E doesn't work).

I hope somebody can help me with the last described problem.

For the rest, the game looks good, the traps are cool. The sounds are a bit repetitive (the Lt screams 10x destroy the tunnel, every 10 seconds)

EDIT: PLEASE HELP ME!!!

I am still stuck there, the translater is supposed to go talk to the villager but he isn't. I retried the mission 3x without result.

Well eidos did say it would take usually more than 1 bullet to kill someone...

In reality 1 hit at an important place of the organism would let you fall down immediately....you could stay alive many minutes but I doubt you had a chance to fight....so 1 head or chest shoot is supposed to make your enemy harmless but bullets can go through your body without hitting important things.

It should be that way :

Head: dead
    Chest (middle): dead (heart)
    Chest (left/right): wounded - dying (lung)
    Stomache: wounded (many hits would take 'em out too)
    Legs/arms: wounded

So 1 good shoot is enough but you need several bad shoots...

Hey dont complain, at least YOU GUYS get to play it!

Originally posted by ch3cooh
    In reality 1 hit at an important place of the organism would let you fall down immediately....you could stay alive many minutes but I doubt you had a chance to fight....so 1 head or chest shoot is supposed to make your enemy harmless but bullets can go through your body without hitting important things.

It should be that way :

Head: dead
    Chest (middle): dead (heart)
    Chest (left/right): wounded - dying (lung)
    Stomache: wounded (many hits would take 'em out too)
    Legs/arms: wounded

So 1 good shoot is enough but you need several bad shoots...
    actually a hit in the stomach could kill you if..... i beleieve its the appendix or kidneys....possibly the liver? were hit. also if u were hit dead center in the thigh, theres a major artery and if not attended to you will bleed to death. that artery is also real hard to reach in a battlefield situation so unless u got a med-evac real fast you will die...slowly... :-X

once again i SAY at least they get to play it!

dude if you get shot in the stomach your done for you got alot of organs there and the bullet will shred right thru them babys and your done plus if ya get shot in the leg or arm you still have a fighting chance but if you get shot in the kneecap..well...thats pretty bad.lol

Kneecap?! OWWWWWWWWWWWWW that is painful...

word up

thats not true cause i have heard stories in vietnam that people got shot in thier stomach and their intestines where hanging out and they kept fighting and received the silver cross or something
    Miracles happen so it all depends

i bet thats how they tortured people man....Ei Carumba...

sick!

Hey Mr.Hobbit or whoever else played or people who work for Eidos or who the hell ever...do the VC blow their heads off all the time when they dont want to be captured? or is that only one scene where it happens?

my thread was closed........*cry*

Originally posted by CKY1709
    thats not true cause i have heard stories in vietnam that people got shot in thier stomach and their intestines where hanging out and they kept fighting and received the silver cross or something
    Miracles happen so it all depends
    thats your intestines.... not a ruptured appendix or kidneys. you can still surive those wounds if treated immediatley. but jsut think. the medic operating on you is scared to death becuase senior Charlie wants to gut him and put his head on a pike. all the other GI's that were hit are screamin for help... basically what im sayign is that its hard to concentrate on fixing such a traumatic wound while all hell is breakin loose around you.

all hell...that'd be freaky...

Originally posted by AgentOrange_section8
    Hey Mr.Hobbit or whoever else played or people who work for Eidos or who the hell ever...do the VC blow their heads off all the time when they dont want to be captured? or is that only one scene where it happens?
    I have seen that happen once, but that was in a cutscene (but an ingame cutscene not a normal cutscene movie). An old NVA officer was standing with a pistol against his head. And then he was screaming "you american pigs, you will never capture me alive, go to hell! To hell with you all... and then bam!! So then the cutscene was over and you could see him lying with all the AI friendlies around him looking rather astonished and scared.

And I figured out how to continue. I just had to continue the route, there was nobody I had to talk to. I was mislead by the Lt saying that, I only had to ignore that.

About the 1 shot 1 kill, I started with an smg I noticed. With the m16 enemies die quicker. If tey are not too far away. If you shoot them in the leg you can see them losing balance etc. Rewally neat!

More stories in the release date topic here:

http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthr...380#post436380

actually, a shot to the gut most likely means certain death.

As a bullet pierces through your, damn whats the english word.. the place in your belly where your food goes lol..

Anyways, when it gets hit, the acid contained within that breaks down the food you eat, flows into your body, and as you may imagine, thats not a good sign!

A hit everywhere at the body can take you out - but the question is how big is the chance....and only 1 hit in the stomache isn't that hard if it's not a cal .50 BMG. (I mean it wouldn't take you down for sure)
    Of course the chances are good you get killed but not immediately...

Originally posted by Earth657
    actually, a shot to the gut most likely means certain death.

As a bullet pierces through your, damn whats the english word.. the place in your belly where your food goes lol..

Anyways, when it gets hit, the acid contained within that breaks down the food you eat, flows into your body, and as you may imagine, thats not a good sign!
    Reminds me at "Three Kings"
    But when MW got shot into his Lung the "trick" to save him was bull.....the problem isn't the pressure in your chest but the non-vacuum in your lungs which means you can't breath correctly...

Anyway: What you described kills you after a while - that's why I suggested to let 'em be wounded....instant death would be wrong...

Spoiler

@Hobbit

In the village, search a way near the big ammo crate u destroyed (the one where the ground was braking in after throwing a grenade to the haystack). There is a patch with a boobie trap u have to disarm. Then follow the path...

I have to agree with you, that the objective isn't always clear. I searched there very long myself.

Hope i could help.

Yep I found it, thx for the help!

erm,how on earth can i disarm the booby traps?

Use the arrow keys, and follow the sequence. Just try hitting some arrow keys and see what happens you will figure it out!

Cool Village-Journalist

I found I had to hit the villagers with the butt of my rifle and then they grabbed machetties and attaked us, but we killed them all, and one guy said that the jourlulist was in a hut to the south east. I looked around and found a way to the hut. There were more VC there and I killed them, then get the stupid jourlaist and end of mission.
    Disamm booby traps by shooting gereande. You get a bit of damage but not much.
    I am on the third mission now, at the big bulding , have to clear it out all by myself.
    I was playing deadly dozen, war in the pacific and then I got this game. Both are ok. This one is a bit more fun to play.
    I also got confict vietnam, but that game is really messed up. There is no way to set the gamma to brighten it up, and things are hard to see, not to mention the VC. I think it wud be ok in GOD mode, but otherwize it sorta sucks. The music is ok.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last