Thread: [SPOILER] Kain's colour

Kain's colour

Can someone please tell me why Kain changes colour? in BO2 he's grey yet in others he's green!(i haven't yet played BO so i don't know wot colour he is in that)

have i missed some thing?
    our destinies are preordained in an instant, free will is an illusion

Vampires first are fledglings, looking much like they were in human, and when Kain was a fledgling (in BO1 and 2) he had white skin. Later he would suffer a metamorphoses and evolve to what he is now - superior in every way, with new abilities (like resistance to sunlight) and the light yellow/green leathery skin.

Interesting though how the eldest Vampire, Janos, remains blueish, keeps his wings and looks pretty good. Also, thank god the female vamps do not change but remain well-endowed human-looking babes.

Janos is different because he's and Ancient. The last of them anyway. Females also change, you just don't see any evolved females in the game. My gess is they would be like the males, losing two fingers and two toes and having harder skin.

yeah i thought it would b something like that or Kain just getting old n knobly! but still if janos is an ancient how come he doesn't age or evolve just like every vampire?

Janos, as well as all the other Ancients, was cursed with immortality by the Hylden. He's already evolved (notice he has only two fingers).

oh right i get it now! i never really thought of that.

I always thought that vampire evolution was their bodies striving to become like their blue ancestors. Granted, even Vorador hasn't started resembling his sire yet.

The blue blood recharges mana in BO1.
    http://smokestock.deviantart.com | http://www.fanfiction.net/u/589342/ | http://smoke-z.deviantart.com

"It's like Shakespeare with pointless murder." -gryps incedio talking about the LOK games.

Originally posted by rambo3
    losing two fingers and two toes and having harder skin.
    is this really part of there evolution? i just assumed that after a couple hundred years of being around and sword fighting and stuff, youd get hit once or twice in the hand and end up losing a finger or two....but i guess that explains why almost all of the vampires are like this.

In Soul Reaver 2 Raziel says this while looking at the main door that leads to the lower Pillar chamber,

...with blue skin and cloven hands so like my own...
    Also in the murals the Blue Ancients had black wings, blue skin and all the trimmings that made them look alot like Raziel, but as he put it, they looked Angelic where as he looked Demonic.

So given all this, as far as we know Janos looks exactly like he did before he ever got the curse and that being a vampire has not altered his appearence that much.

Human sired vampires from Vorador's line change a bit given a very long time but not that greatly, it has taken thousands of years for even Vorador to get as far as he has and the only resemblance he has to his maker Janos is the 3 clawed hands. So it is also unlikely that the curse tries to make them look like the Ancients.

With Kain sired human vampires the corruption he passes on completely messes them up so their 'evolution' has got very little to do with the original vampire curse. But again even here the only resemblance to the Ancients is 3 clawed hands.

Raziel is the only one that even slightly resembles the original Ancients and even then its a bit vague. Plus he is no longer a vampire by the time he looks like them.

Thanks to the spirit reaver (defiance) Kain is no longer corrupted

With Kain sired human vampires the corruption he passes on completely messes them up so their 'evolution' has got very little to do with the original vampire curse. But again even here the only resemblance to the Ancients is 3 clawed hands.
    i dont think that it is kain´s gift there is messing them up. look at vorador. besides the three fingers there isent mutch about him there looks like the ancients and he was made by janos..