Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Burning Questions for Jen, Kyle and Richard - 3 Max & 1 Min Per Person

Hiya Peeps,

Originally posted by Umah Bloodomen
    If you want the thread cleaned out a bit, I can do that. At this point though, it may be best to wait until it's closed though. (Remind me in two weeks, please. )
    Thanks Umah , I would appreciate that a lot. Dont worry about the closing date - I will PM you nearer the time. I should have put in my first post that people should label their questions i.e. numerically that is .

PEACE OUT !!!
    One Man Can Make a Difference ! (Wilton Knight - Founder of the Knight Foundation)

Question Questions related to the assassination of William

I initially posted these questions in a thread specifically related to the subject. Whilst I was pleased with the input I received from the fans themselves, I am also interested to discover how the developers themselves provide a solution for my queries. My enquiries are as follows.

1) If Kain murders William before his own birth, then Kain will not have been raised as a child with any knowledge of the tyrannous fiend that the beloved boy King was once destined to be become. Also, the Battle of the last Stand will never take place because there is no more Nemesis, and thus no legions of ravenous warriors to battle King Ottmar's armies of hope. Thus, what reason does Kain have to travel back through time and murder the boy King? He will no longer know that William was destined to become a vicious Tyrant, and there is no battle to escape from with the Time-Streaming Device, thus no reason to use the Time-Streaming device.

2) If it was only the temporal distortion created by the presence of two identical Soul Reavers that allowed Kain to murder the boy King, what path was history meant to follow otherwise? The only options I can see are either William was destined to defeat Kain in combat, or Kain fled and returned to his own Era. Each of these would mean that the Soul Reaver would never come into existence, because Kain would never resurrect Raziel as his closest Lieutenant (this is, of course, not possible if Kain is dead, and Kain is unlikely to have an opportunity to do so if the legions of the Nemesis conquer Nosgoth).

I offer my thanks to the developers in advance, for taking the time to review my questions.
    "... Time, Mr. Freeman? Is it really that time again? It seems as though you've only just arrived... "
    The G-man, Half Life 2

Question Final Enquiry

I have one final query that I would be grateful for if the creators of the series would settle for me.

This question is related to the Underworld, in which the Elder God resides, in both the original Soul Reaver title and the recent Defiance. The areas to which I refer is the portion of the Elder's Lair from which Raziel first returns to the land of Nosgoth following his many centuries of suffering in the swirling depths pf the Abyss, and the segment of the Underworld from which Raziel accesses the Cemetery in the early stages of Defiance.

What I would be contempt with is the knowledge of what manner of location this Underworld is. By this, I mean does the Underworld exist only on the Spectral Plane, or does it also possess an existence in the Physical Realm? There is evidence within the games themselves to suggest the truthfulness of both possibilities; whilst the opening Raziel escapes the Underworld from in Soul Reaver is lost when the player shifts to the Physical Realm, the only obstacle that prevents the Player from returning to the Underworld in the Physical Plane in Defiance is the mountain of Rubble left there by the Elder God; the opening is still there, but sealed.

I ask this because I am currently pondering both the possibility and the likelihood of Kain venturing into the Underworld to endure a final confrontation with his true Nemesis, or a plot line to that extent.

Again, I thank those that answer our questions in advance, for taking the time to review my query.
    "... Time, Mr. Freeman? Is it really that time again? It seems as though you've only just arrived... "
    The G-man, Half Life 2

here is my first question
    What happen to vorador after BO2?

1. Was it Moebius the one who gave William the Just the Soul Reaver? If he did, then why is the statue of William in BO1 wielding the Soul Reaver, before all the time travelling? wouldn't that mean he found it on his own?
    Please take a look at this hypothesis and take it into consideration!: http://amadeo.vtrbandaancha.net/reaver.gif

2. Does the fact that the EG's tentacles were all around the pillars, have anything to do with the fall of the pillars? Did he destroyed them? if so, why?

that's it so far... one question left. I'll think of it...

1. Where did Moebius get that @#!! cheater staff?
    2. Is the EG really a useful entity or just a worthless parasite as Raziel had implied?
    3. What is it about the Hylden that exempted them from the Wheel? Did they find a measure of immortality through magic or technology? Do they somehow prevent their souls from passing through Squiddy? Or, did they just say nasty things about him? (that's really one question, but I didn't want to make it all one sentence)

Make a method

I agreed with umah BO on a pm, that they were very nice to answer the questions we've made, and we shouldnt try to put more questions in this topic since we didnt even know for sure they'd answer our questions here.

But, I'm not talking about adding more questions, I'm just talking about setting up a better more safe way to make them for both sides!

I mean, From the Q&As I think they are willing to answer a few questions every once in a while, if they fit with their schedule/desires and they arent being answered in the next games, and in this topic alone I can notice atleast one of the questions I asked has been asked by someone else, why should it be this confusing and disorganized for both sides?

I mean, oddworld inhabitants, another company nice enough to answer fan questions has this

http://oddworld.com/alf/ow_dearalf.shtml

I'm not saying I'd change direct answers for non-serious indirect answers, but OWI has an organized method, why shouldnt CD?

I dont even know why no one has tried yet, I think we should agree with CD a standarized fair way to send the questions that is convenient for both of us.

it's annoying for the fans to make questions whitout knowing when or even if they are going to be answered, and I bet it's annoying for CD to answer repetitive, sometimes poorly stated questions, I mean I think we have all seen how Amy was often confused by questions in the Q&A and was forced to give a rough somewhat incomplete answer.

Lightbulb Re: Make a method

Originally posted by Camus Audron
    I dont even know why no one has tried yet, I think we should agree with CD a standarized fair way to send the questions that is convenient for both of us.
    We already have the FAQ's listed in the LOK Archive, Camus. Not to mention that Blincoln has archived them on his own site which is often referred to in many online LOK communities.

It is unrealistic to assume that a question thread will remain just that (as we've witnessed here). Despite criteria being established, someone manages to take it upon themselves to answer something and discussion ends up taking place and people often don't take the time to read what has already been asked and/or answered. The fact of the matter is, we cannot devote our time to keeping threads such as this closed, and opening them to manually add questions from members when there is a whole community to attend to.

Originally posted by Camus Audron it's annoying for the fans to make questions whitout knowing when or even if they are going to be answered, and I bet it's annoying for CD to answer repetitive, sometimes poorly stated questions, I mean I think we have all seen how Amy was often confused by questions in the Q&A and was forced to give a rough somewhat incomplete answer.
    My question is, would everyone truly be satisfied? No offense, but if they were, we wouldn't continue to have question threads now would we?

While you say that you have agreed with my sentiments in the past, it still appears that you're adamant about having a constant Q&A session. Please keep in mind that the teams are not going to answer everything that may be presented to them (as doing so would basically render creating another game pointless and again, they do have schedules).

My advice is to sit back, relax and allow everything to be revealed in time rather than focusing on having the entire plot disclosed here and now. If everything were answered all the time, communities like this would be useless as it would prevent speculation. Let's not ruin a good thing by overwhelming the team with questions every five seconds.

Re: Make a method

Originally posted by Camus Audron
    that they were very nice to answer the questions we've made
    where are those????

Originally posted by Dogfight

Q&A With Jen Fernández and Kyle Mannerberg

1. Is the first BO1 timestreaming device the one that was used to bring Turel back, Kain said something like, 'So she could bring creatures from other eras and dimensions'

Dogfight, where did you get this third Q&A from? I never saw it in ben's site or in these forums.

Originally posted by mortaniusgod
    Dogfight, where did you get this third Q&A from? I never saw it in ben's site or in these forums.
    Firstly apologies to Babifrence for this post, I thought it should be dealt with ASAP to stop any further cluttering.

There are currently 5 Q&A's two from Amy Hennig, One with Jen and Kyle, One with Jen, Kyle and Richard and One from Chris@Crystal (which deals a lot less with story aspects)

You can find them at the following

Amy Hennig 1 (IIRC Before Defiance came out)
    http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthr...=&threadid=169

Amy Hennig 2 (From Ben's site)
    http://www.thelostworlds.net/Defiance-Amy.HTML

Chris@Crystal
    http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthr...=&threadid=272

Jen & Kyle
    http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthr...threadid=37412

Jen, Kyle & Richard
    http://www.thelostworlds.net/Defianc...chardKyle.HTML

Shimmer has posted the links to the LOK F.A.Q.'s.

After some consideration, I've decided to ask these three simple questions below.

1.) In the introduction of Soul Reaver 1; and in the game itself there are these large tentacle objects piercing from the ground at Kain's throne. Are these tentacles merely ornaments of the throne or are they actually the tentacles of the Elder's portion that resides underneath the Pillars?

2.) In Blood Omen 2 and Defiance there are murals of a powerful female Hylden, she looks very different from all the other Hylden, dubbed the Hylden Queen by the fans, what is her true history?

3.) The Lesser Demons from Blood Omen 2 that Kain first comes upon in the Canyons, which have small wings, green glowing eyes, and even resemble in facial features the bipedal Hylden, are they the children offspring of the Hylden?
    "We have not met. I know of you, of course. That you can return from the dead gives hope to us all." - Janos Audron - (Blood Omen 2)

Originally posted by Shimmer

You can find them at the following
    thanks mate

I don't really have new questions as such, I'd just like to clear up two seemingly contradictory things.

In one Q & A session, this was said about Raziel's destiny:

Q: Is Raziel permanently trapped in the Reaver until his soul is released in SR?
    A: Raziel is doomed to play out his circular destiny over and over again.

And in another, this is said:

8. How can the wraith blade be sucked into the blood Reaver with Raziel's soul, wouldn't that mean that there
    are two souls in there?

The purified wraith blade that Raziel possesses is not drained into the Soul Reaver along with Raziel. In order for Kain to become purified by the wraith blade that contains the purity, the wraith blade must be dispersed or released from its imprisonment into Kain. Thus in that one single moment Raziel is simultaneously trapping himself within the Reaver but as well finally freeing himself from thousands of years of torment.

Maybe this has already been elaborated upon or clarified (in which case could someone please direct me to where it has been), but I find this really confusing and totally contradictory, and would appreciate it if Jen and Kyle could explain it.

Also, could they also elaborate on how Raziel is freed from his torment? I didn't get that at all. =\ When Raziel forges the blade with Ariel's spirit, is that when his spirit is healed and his torment ends? Or does his torment end when he, as his healed self, enters Kain and heals him? If so, is the "ghoul" Raziel beginning his torment in the Reaver (which will be ended by being forged by Ariel's spirit) and is Raziel still alive in Kain (as the healed wraith blade)? Or do they mean his torment ends when he heals Kain as the healed wraith blade and dies?

Originally posted by Preacher
    I don't really have new questions as such, I'd just like to clear up two seemingly contradictory things.

In one Q & A session, this was said about Raziel's destiny:

Q: Is Raziel permanently trapped in the Reaver until his soul is released in SR?
    A: Raziel is doomed to play out his circular destiny over and over again.

by "over and over again" they meant that history is inmutable. That it repeats every single time. Not that the same soul (raziel's soul) keeps entering and leaving the blade.

Orginally posted by: Dogfight
    First of all who says Kain roamed all of Nosgoth, although he did do some traveling, after Blood Omen 2, he could have simply stayed in one area, around the Pillars consolidating his power there. The Vampire Citadel is not behind the Pillars, but far off to its west, and it was covered by a thick fog, so you couldn't even see it. There might be nothing left of Vorador's Mansion, over 400 years had passed in Blood Omen 2, since the place started becoming ruins at the end of Defiance. The door underneath the Pillars, may still be there, but the path to it could be changed due to the planet's shifting landscape because of the collapse of the Pillars, and even if Kain could have found it, the image could be so faded, he'd have no idea what that door was there for. As for the other ruins, why would a guy that rules the whole planet, invest his time exploring locked places he knows nothing about.
    Do you truly think Dogfight, that Kain is that kind of guy, that when he is travelling somewhere and he notice mist he says "oh no, it's mist, i better not go any further. It would be very very dangerous"

Who says that Kain didn't roam around Nosgoth?

Originally posted by mortaniusgod
    by "over and over again" they meant that history is inmutable. That it repeats every single time. Not that the same soul (raziel's soul) keeps entering and leaving the blade.
    What I was really drawing emphasis on is that one answer seems to refer to Raziel's destiny as glorious and being freed from torment, while the other makes it seem as though he's damned to forever repeat the same meaningless lifecycle.

To be honest, I don't think "doomed" was the right word to use. If he was truly doomed, then he wouldn't be eventually freed from his torment, right?

In any case, I think I get what they mean now. Although Raziel was "doomed" into being imprisoned into the Reaver, his decision at the end of Defiance allowed him to be freed from his thousands of years of torment. What I don't understand is the specifics of how that worked out. How could Raziel be freed? Is it in a metaphorical sense? Because he either went into Kain or the Reaver.

Do you truly think Dogfight, that Kain is that kind of guy, that when he is travelling somewhere and he notice mist he says "oh no, it's mist, i better not go any further. It would be very very dangerous"
    In Blood Omen 1 he did do quite some traveling and in Blood Omen 2 he started attacking towns south of the Pillars, but after the end of Blood Omen 2 we do not know exactly what type of exploration of Nosgoth he himself did. Kain did visit well known areas such as the Tomb of the Sarafan and he did go back to the Oracle's Caves, but other than that his further journeys are not explained. Besides this Kain isn’t going to go exploring every nook and cranny of Nosgoth while ruling Nosgoth, after all he has responsibilities to take care of during the rise of the Golden Age of the Vampires. After his obligations are fulfilled, such as after the fall of his empire in Soul Reaver 1, then he may go back to exploring all of Nosgoth.
    "We have not met. I know of you, of course. That you can return from the dead gives hope to us all." - Janos Audron - (Blood Omen 2)

My second question :

In Defiance, we can see that each time Raziel activates an elemental Forge, and imbues his Reaver with it, the elemental power go first in his left arm, and then travels (through raziel's body) to his right arm, where the Reaver is.
    Is it just a simple visual effect, or has it a real meaning in terms of story ? I mean, is Raziel imbued with elemental powers too ?

i'm not sure i'm allowed to ask this, but i'd really - uhm, we'd really *really* like to know. when is the next game going to come out? is there one planned at least? and if you can't really say exactly, how about just the year? *puppydog eyes*
    let it be soon let it be soon let it be soon let it be soon let it be soon let it be soon

Re: CLOSING DATE IS APPROACHING.....

Hiya Peeps,

There is officially 5 days left to go so if you havent had the chance to get scribbling down your most important and burning questions please do so as soon as you can because it might be the last chance you will get in a long time due to the hectic schedule that the CD team are faced with.

Yet again it still seems that we dont have people adhering to the rules in my first post and my last post on the 2nd page of this thread.

I hadnt realised my simplistic rules were soo difficult to follow

I was going to re-iterate my thread rules but when you first subscribed to the Eidos forums, you pledged to follow the TOU and thus are obligated to follow them respectively. I was just adding further rules to pre-prune unnecessary posts.

Im not asking for much by laying down some constructive "rules" so that theres a little order amongst the community but when they are ignored it tends to get a little old and frustrating. Please read the rules again before you are tempted to waste web space by pressing your Submit Reply button (again!).

PEACE OUT !!!
    One Man Can Make a Difference ! (Wilton Knight - Founder of the Knight Foundation)

my question

1: can a person in nosgoth travel forth in time? i meen past their own timeline or can he only travel back in history and back to his original time??

2: now that raziel was imbued with all the elements for the reaver and purified. are the soulreaver now not strongere than the one william the just had in BO1?
    raziel didnt enter the reaver when he was supposed to in SR2 and there he was not as strong as he was in the end of defiance?

3: and if so does that have eny consequenses on younger kain when he gets it. now that it is purified and all??
    signature image

Hiya Peeps,

@ Umah: -

It seems the inevitable day has come to lock this eventful thread and have it pruned with a fine tooth comb . When your ready make it happen .

If you want, you can have this thread cleaned up etc... and then pinned at the top of the Defiance forum or pinned to one of the Legacy Archives so that any fans who wish to see their questions can do.

Many thanks Umah, im sure you have a very busy schedule so I appreciate the help .

PEACE OUT !!!

PS Lets hope there are no duplication of questions other wise its gonna be a pain trying to combine a question that composes elements of both arguements and please everyone at the same time .

I hope i'm not too late, its only 10:44 here and i haven't visited this for months due to college hassle.

1. I have a theory that in LOK that these events have happened for eternity with some variations due to whatever variables so that in one time around Raziel kills Kain in SR2 as an example. My question is this the first time around, or is Defiance the result of many seperate attempts made by Kain in different histories with this one potentially freeing Nosgoth of this cycle. (its akwardly worded i know, skip it if you can't understand it; i'll still love LOk)

2. I'm curious as to what happens during these states of changes that vampires go into, whether they crawl into a crypt, simply hibernate somewhere, form a coccoon, etc...

3. I can't think of anything that hasn't been asked before or isn't potentially a plot point in the next game so i'll try this. How large is the Elder God? Does he extend the entirety of Nosgoth, does he lie just below the surface, or have deep roots extending towards the Earth's core?

due to some interenet troubles its now 11:31

Lightbulb

At the request of the thread author, this question session is being closed. Please do not create additional question threads at this time.

I will be working on cleaning out this thread over the course of the weekend as my schedule permits.

Thanks for your contributions!

"I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one;
    'O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it."
    ~ Voltaire

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123