Thread: Legacy of Kain Story Plot Guide **ALL SPOILERS**

Legacy of Kain Story Plot Guide **ALL SPOILERS**

THIS LINK WILL CONTAIN MASSIVE SPOILERS

http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/gen...topic=14811923

If the above link ever stops working go here and click on Story Guide by Melchiah:
    http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/ps2/game/36144.html

I wasn't sure if I could actually post my guide here or not, but figured it might be useful here to so I thought I would just link you guys to it.

Thumbs Up

lovin' it!! is this your own personal interpretation?? if so...

question(s):

- I thought the "Circle of Nine" was the self proclaimed title of the Human Guardians???

- The Soul Reaver was not a "Soul" Devouring entity when the pillars where summoned. i believe the Vampires themselves raised the pillars as a group with their magic. Then Forging the Reaver later after falling to the blood curse and immortality. The Reaver was cursed as well with the thirst for blood for their Savior. Raziel: "The Reaver was never forged to be a Soul Devouring entity." - Soul Reaver 2

----------------------------------------->

The Ancients themselves never understood the concept of the "Soul Reaver" or reaver of souls. They only knew that the Savior would face an adversary (they presumed Hylden) with a "Flaming" sword and upon his victory would wield a combination of both "Flaming" swords.

The assumption was that by draining the Hylden adversaries blood the Reaver would bear a flaming sword. This was partially wrong. The murals in SR2 depict their Champion weilding the Reaver but they themselves are not sure how it's possible all they know is that there is some significance to his coming.

another thing.. why do you keep referring to the Reaver in your timeline as the "Soul" Reaver when in fact it is not so?? specifically the Murals.. the only mural which it is depicted as a Soul Reaver is the "Scion of Balance" mural which shows both outcomes... the result the Scion with the Flame Sword or Soul Reaver. The ancients never imagined the Reaver would be inhabited by a Soul. They only knew he would bear a flaming sword. If you havent noticed the Blood Reaver when fully aroused is "Flaming" with elemental power due to the magic of the balance emblem. This is why the Vampire Champion bears a "Flaming" sword.

...other then that it's excellent!! nice job.

Like underworld said: "Half Vampire.. Half Lichen.. more powerful than both." mwuahahaha!

Yes its my complete interpretation. Keep in mind I wrote the guide, trying to accomodate the confused or lost.

Please show me where "Circle of Nine" was self proclaimed Human title. I have never seen in the series referred to as a human only title, just that the 9 Guardians were known as The Circle of Nine. Being as religious as the ancients seemed to be, I would think they coming up with the name would fit well.

The Soul Reaver has NEVER officially been given any other name. All through the series, Raziel/Kain never stopped calling it the Soul Reaver even when it did not contain the wraith blade. It's forges and imbuements were different but those were just add-ons. We on the boards, call the Pre "SOUL" Reaver the Blood Reaver but that is just a fan term..

Names could always be metaphoric, the Ancients could have very well have named it Soul Reaver as it drained the blood, the essence of your being.

The Ancients prophecy was for a vampire champion wielding the Soul Reaver would come..the Hylden Champion would wield a flaming sword. Though the prophecy in itself was misinterpeted even by Janos...as it turned out

I tried to use terms such as only "reaver" and "wraithblade" whenever I felt it would work. But this guide is meant to unconfuse those needing aid. So if I used lots of different reaver titles...it might throw them off.

Wow, how long did it take you to wright all that? it would make one of the best story guides i have ever seen, even if i had never played the game i would understand what it's all about
    Nicely done
    Melchiah
    its too bad GameFAQs didn't accept it though
    http://dark-temple.members.easyspace.com/ReaverSig2.JPG
    Suppose you throw a coin enought times, Suppose one day it lands on it edge...........

Big Grin It got submitted!

I resubmitted it with an added plea attached explaining it was different from LOKFanatics

It got accepted and is now up if anyone needs to print it or anything.

At the time I wrote it, I was using Dreamcast. I wrote it out on paper for rough draft. That took about 8 hours (going over all the games and information to make sure I was as accurate as possible)

Now that doesn't include the now two times I have typed it up on gamefaqs boards. Or the fact last night I had to manually go in and correct the margins to submit it since I typed it up on notepad this time and they were insanely off.

I'm just glade they took it.

Originally posted by Melchiah
    Yes its my complete interpretation. Keep in mind I wrote the guide, trying to accomodate the confused or lost.

Please show me where "Circle of Nine" was self proclaimed Human title. I have never seen in the series referred to as a human only title, just that the 9 Guardians were known as The Circle of Nine. Being as religious as the ancients seemed to be, I would think they coming up with the name would fit well.
    i think you were right... it was just a question.

http://www.dark-chronicle.co.uk/archive/circle.php

"In the centuries before Kain's birth, the land was protected by an oligarchy of sorcerer's known as the Circle of Nine."

The Soul Reaver has NEVER officially been given any other name.
    wrong. Soul Reaver 2 and Defiance Janos Audron and Vorador both call the Reaver: ...the Reaver.

All through the series, Raziel/Kain never stopped calling it the Soul Reaver even when it did not contain the wraith blade.
    wrong again. Have you played Defiance? Soul Reaver 2?

through out Defiance they both refer to their respective weapons as the Reaver - period. end of story. Dont believe me?

http://www.dark-chronicle.co.uk/defscript.html ..read it and weep.

in Soul Reaver 2 when Raziel encounters the first ancient mural or the sealed door.. "And throughout the chamber, inscribed everywhere, where images of the Reaver itself.." - Raziel upon first discovering the Chamber at the base of the pillars in Soul Reaver 2.

http://www.dark-chronicle.co.uk/sr2script.html ..there's the script

i cant count how many more times he refers to it as the "reaver" in this game alone. at the very end he says: "The Reaver was never forged to be a soul-stealing weapon.." once again. The Reaver.

It's forges and imbuements were different but those were just add-ons. We on the boards, call the Pre "SOUL" Reaver the Blood Reaver but that is just a fan term..
    not anymore. from this day forward i will only refer to it as: the Reaver and the Soul Reaver to seperate the two as they are both totally different weapons. THIS should not be confused.

Names could always be metaphoric, the Ancients could have very well have named it Soul Reaver as it drained the blood, the essence of your being.
    that's an assumption. the truth is the ancients probably called it the Reaver as Janos only refers to it as the Reaver. The shock on his face alone is more than enough proof or evidence of this statement.

"Raziel you have been mislead. You are destined by prophecy to weild the Reaver." - Janos Audron.. Defiance.

once again. The Reaver.

"And so i do.. though NOT QUITE LIKE YOU ENVISIONED." - Raziel.. Defiance

so once again... NO they didnt call it the Soul Reaver. Look at Janos's face and tell me he knew about the Soul Reaver.

[quote][b]The Ancients prophecy was for a vampire champion wielding the Soul Reaver would come..the Hylden Champion would wield a flaming sword. Though the prophecy in itself was misinterpeted even by Janos...as it turned out

balance reaver? nah.. now you're making up you're names for the blade. That my friend is THEE Soul Reaver. Ancients never knew Raziel would be a Soul stealing wraith who would merge with the sword. It was only at the very moment he activated the spirit forge that all guardians were united and "their" veil was lifted simultaneously with Ariel (their spokes"wom"an).

I tried to use terms such as only "reaver" and "wraithblade" whenever I felt it would work. But this guide is meant to unconfuse those needing aid. So if I used lots of different reaver titles...it might throw them off.
    as a person who does understand the game i found myself confused by the constant "Soul Reaver" reference to the Reaver itself long before Raziel's soul came into the scene. You covered the story well but the most deceitful thing would be to tell a young reader that Janos presented Raziel the Soul Reaver in his chamber and "Raziel" felt nothing. I know that's not "exactly" what your script says but am i making my point?

no harm intended really.. i love the whole thing.. look forward to using it as a reference for those who may be confused but i will consider NOT doing so if i think any of it may be deceitful. I think a few "Soul Reaver" references in crucial areas are completely false statements for those who are already confused with the story.. this will only confuse them even more if they firmly distinguished the difference between the 2 on their own!!

it's all good though. in the end i am in NO position to direct you in YOUR work. i can only express my opinion...

I disagree,

"the Reaver" is only a shortening for calling it The Soul Reaver. We on the boards have used it for years like that. So you just like me have made an assumption yours being that it is not called Soul Reaver by the ancients. Either way its a matter of interpretation and does not relfect the quality I have put into the guide.

If in a future game if the "Blood Reaver" gets an official title I will make changes where needed.

As far as "Balance" Reaver goes, it is in the game though as the final imbuement, so I'm not just pulling it out of the air.

So you just like me have made an assumption yours being that it is not called Soul Reaver by the ancients.
    ^^
    ha..

nice one..

If in a future game if the "Blood Reaver" gets an official title I will make changes where needed.
    You may already know this, but while the 'Blood Reaver' name has never been used as an official title in-game, it is apparently referred to in the code of SR2:

http://www.thelostworlds.net/Images/...ch-Reavers.JPG

I don't think this is enough to promote the name to 'official' status, but it is interesting, nonetheless.

I see their are still of you who still believe that the pure wraith blade went into the reaver as well as raziels soul, that went into Kain and Raziels soul went by itself into the reaver, read the official tread please.

Thumbs Up kudos!

Excellent job, Melchiah!
    I have no arguments with you. I understand it all, and your points as well. I agree. Very well done. Congratulations on getting it submitted and accepted too.

Oh yeah, welcome to the forums!
    http://www.mindistortion.net/iwantyoursoul/?i_am=biteme69

I see their are still of you who still believe that the pure wraith blade went into the reaver as well as raziels soul, that went into Kain and Raziels soul went by itself into the reaver, read the official tread please.

Solin: Hope you weren't refering to me, I have never stated as such, the most I've said has been Raziel and the Pure energy have entered the blade, which is true.

Thanks Hippie!

Thumbs Up

[I] the most I've said has been Raziel and the Pure energy have entered the blade, which is true.
    ..the truth always hurts.

Oooh! That was amazing! Although BO2 wasn't explained in it, but I dont need it to be cus I've played BO2! lol But it has just intensified my thirst for all the LoK games! lol Now I must find a copy of Blood Omen!

Blood Omen 2 can only be done as a separate section or a different guide completely, I left it out as still major plot holes are not explained, my guide was meant to understand and not confused.

I wish Amy would have kept Vorador's explanation in the game. It would have lifted alot of hate from BO2