Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Thread: FFXIV: Error 2002

FFXIV: Error 2002

"The lobby server connection has encountered an error."

Is this just because the NA servers are down? I wasn't awake when the initial Early Access started, so I don't know if this is the reason for this error or not. Please advise, thank you

I got the same errors for a while; but seems to have worked itself out after loading it a few times- loading the lobby for NA/EU is not available right now till 11AM PDT

I found a temporary solution at the other FFXIV forums: http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...-Can-t-connect

Seems there's some networking problems internally, and people figured out to use a VPN (Virtual Private Network) as a solution temporarily. We're using Spotflux http://www.spotflux.com/ . As the posters said, as soon as I fired it up, this network problem went away. So, SE needs to get on this and figure out why many PC users are getting this error code 2002.

Well, here it is, August 24, 2013 (Early Access Day) at 7:25 Pacific Time and I am still getting the "Lobby Server Error 2002".
    I have tried everything!! So far I have tried logging in no fewer than 100 times.
    Oh good lord somebody please tell me I am not the only one still having this issue!

Lobby Error 2002

What does this mean? i am looking and i see the lobby server up yet i still cannot login, i opened up ports on my router and such, still no go. Are they artificially locking people out from logging in to make new characters?

Same thing is happening to me, not sure on what to do with the ports.

Code 2002

This code is very interesting. I can log-in and the game loads, but my "start" button is grayed out, and roughly 10 seconds after, it gives me the code 2002, game lobby is closed. I've only noticed this on the forums once, but because I can't create a character at all, I can't post this on the forums of the actual site. SO this is my next step in my order of operations. Now my brother went to a local mcdonalds and used their (wifi) on his laptop, started up the game and was able to play! I assume this is a port forwarding issue, but I'm not the greatest at portforwarding, and using a static-ip. Can anyone help me with this problem, and would this be the cause at my home network?

bump

You really shouldn't be 'bumping' posts as the mods don't like it. As for your issue then this is a general problem (I've had this error myself, with 2 PS3's one had port forwarding & other didn't but both had this error at some point) but setting up good port forwarding is always advisable. Just google port forwarding for FFXIV to find out some of the commonly used ports. Set you comp to a static IP and then go to your router setup and forward the relevant ports to that IP. If you need detailed guides then google is your friend and there are many sites that have detailed guides for most routers

error code 2002

when i try and play the game i can login fine, but when i get to the "start,configuration,and exit menu" the start is greyed out, and about a couple seconds later i get the message telling me there was an error with the server, and the only option is to press okay and get kicked back to the login screen just to start the entire process over again. i was just wondering if anyone else is having this problem, and if they have found a reason why this is happening, or they've have found a solution, or if SE is taking care of the problem

Is anyone else getting Error 2002 The Lobby Server Connection Has Encountered An Error?

Yes. I log in and start loading. Bang. Lobby error 2002.

Same here and it dosent seem to stop no matter what I do. error 2002

FFXIV: Error2002

I cannot log into my game. When I press PLAY, the opening screen comes up but the start button isn't lit. If I press anything else, a black screen comes up and says Lobby server error 2002.

What does this mean?

i brought the game and
    my account wont work and i already put in everything. Help me please

Rolleyes Error 2002 and 1017

I'm playing FFXIV-ARR from JP World. For 4 hours straight today I've been trying to log back in non stop every time i tried to log in i keep on getting error 1017. Error 1017 is OK with me but whats not OK is error 2002. When it seems i am able to log back in since i can see the loading sign, after minutes of waiting error 2002 will pop up. And am back to square one again. I kept on getting error 2002 for like 10x now. I'm irritated because I can't even play the game. Cant you even do something about this? Your ruining our game mood its my off day from work and I'm excited about playing but because of your stupid restriction and limitation all this is happening. I am pretty sure am not the only one suffering from this. Fix your damn system make it healthy.

finally got a toon on in my own area with people who speak my own language and now i have no start button, and keep geting error 2002, is there any fix i can do?

Error 2002!!!!!

since the second day after buying this game I've been getting error 2002!
    does anyone know how to fix this problem? D;
    im on the ps3 btw.

You can't fix the problem, I've fell victim the the 2002 error several times and last night they even changed the number (can't remember new number) but it's the same message and it boots you back to the launcher. I'm on the PS3 as well and find that the error will persist if you just keep trying to log in, so quit the game and reload the launcher. This doesn't fix the problem but I have found that a reboot can occasionally get you past this error, although you then get faced with the 'unable to load NA/EU servers' crap but it's a step closer!

so would the best thing to do is just wait? ;o
    btw thanks for replying, for person to actually have useful information on this stupid error lol
    Last edited by hotTACO13; 2nd Sep 2013 at 09:31.

It all depends on how easily frustrated you get! When I get this problem I quit to the XMB and reload the launcher. I even do a full shutdown of the PS3 which can sometimes help. I just found that constantly trying while in the launcher/game menu never got any results.

Until they fix the main log in issues you could always potentially come up against this, but once you get in then it's generally pretty stable. I was playing fine all day yesterday but when I logged out I got this error and wouldn't be able to get back in, I was going to bed however so it didn't matter but just shows it can happen randomly even though I was just logged in fine.

error 2002?

anybody else have it as well?

Originally Posted by graewins
    anybody else have it as well?
    Read the forums before you post and you'd know that people do.....

Seriously, why would I want to read the forums ? I am contributing to these by saying: there should a million posts about that 1017 + 2002 errors. Every user should post. So this forum would be as useless as it ... is. Ah wait. Ok.

Originally Posted by Hippy_Pickle
    Read the forums before you post and you'd know that people do.....
    What is this read the forums idea you are posting? noone reads threads before they post, they just assume that they are the first or only one having thing issue and they don't want to waste thier typing time looking to see if there is any info out there before they add a new thread to the mes.

Page 1 of 3 123 Last