Page 2 of 3 First First 123 Last

Thread: FFXIV: Error 2002

FFXIV: Error 2002

Originally Posted by graewins
    anybody else have it as well?
    Yes. Most people are getting this error or some other error that prevents login... Thus the temperament of most of the post in this forum.

en clair et sans décodeur on a achété un jeu et square enyx nous pisse dessus et vous nous faire croire qu'il pleu.....parce que pour encaisser notre argent l* il n'y pas de probléme....bravo vous avez le record du lancement de jeu merdique devant age of conan.... go facebook le dire ça leur bougeras leur gros cul parce que pour le moment il sont payé avec nos salaire notre argent qu'on leur a donné pour un truc qui marche même pas ...(avec la voix de golum du seigneur des anneaux lol) "voleur mon précieux y m'on volé monprécieux"

Originally Posted by lokate
    en clair et sans décodeur on a achété un jeu et square enyx nous pisse dessus et vous nous faire croire qu'il pleu.....parce que pour encaisser notre argent l* il n'y pas de probléme....bravo vous avez le record du lancement de jeu merdique devant age of conan.... go facebook le dire ça leur bougeras leur gros cul parce que pour le moment il sont payé avec nos salaire notre argent qu'on leur a donné pour un truc qui marche même pas ...(avec la voix de golum du seigneur des anneaux lol) "voleur mon précieux y m'on volé monprécieux"
    in English please?

Originally Posted by hotTACO13
    in English please?
    I'll google translate it for you

lokate said:
    plain and without decoder we bought a game and square enyx piss on us and make us believe that pleu ..... because to collect our money where there are no problem .... well done you have a record of launching crappy game to Age of Conan .... go facebook say it budge them their big ass because at the moment there are paid our money with our salary we gave them for something that works even ... (with the voice of the Lord of the Rings golum lol ) "my precious one thief stole me there monprécieux"

Still not quite English is it but I like the LOTR reference lmao

lol yeah I laughed when I read the last bit

error 2002

at my title screen the start selection grayed out i couldnt start the game, and 10 second later the message pop up said ( the lobby server connection has encountered an error please could anyone tell me what happen? please thank you... bought the game almost a week and cant play it yet .

Is your Internet Provider Comcast?

yes, so what can i do ? please help

It has to do with your router settings. Log into you Router and change your security settings (firewall). Let me know if that helps.

i run the game on ps3 , not on pc , so how can i change security (firewall) on ps3?

I am using the PS3 Version also.
    Alright, so I am assuming you have the Xfinity all in 1 modem/router and have a computer.
    1) go into the web browser on your computer and type "http://10.0.0.1" and press enter.
    2) log-in with your user name (which will be "admin" ) and password. When you installed your modem/router you
    should have written it down in the "quick start guide" that came with it.
    3) Once your logged in click on "firewall" on the left (under "connection" ) and select "minimum Security".
    Let me say that I am sure there is a better way to accomplish this but I am tech illiterate so that's how I did it.

Please let me know if that worked for you.

its work thank you , but i have to do all the step to make it work , do you have any way to make it work without do all these steps...lol

Error 2002

Hi,

Just bought the PC downloadable version of this game early this morning around 8:30am CST. Downloaded the game and everything seemed fine.

I ran into the issue users have had with the multiple password resets. To resolve this, I changed my password through the launcher first, then I went to my Square Enix account and changed the password on my account to the same thing I put through the launcher (minus the one time password). Everything worked fine and I thought I was ready to go...

Then I ran into error 2002. Research shows that this is a server congestion error (too many people on at one time, even though there's like 15 servers)??

Anyway, I've been trying to log on since 9am CST. Its now 10:39PM CST. Still haven't had any luck logging in at all (Grey Start Button at Load Screen). Is this really a server congestion issue? or something else? I would hate to ask for a refund so soon, especially since I would really like to try playing.

Thanks ^^

This was a big problem the other week but after the big maintenance this is usually quite rare for most people now. I gather it keeps throwing you back to the launcher and you're just logging back in and going in circles? When I got this on my PS3 I would do a full shutdown and restart which sometimes cleared the error.

You may want to check your firewall settings etc and/or the port forwarding on your router as this can sometime throw that error out.

This an active issue atm for many players. It is not ISP, firewall, or router related. This rests squarely upon SE's shoulders, point blank. I surmise this is an easy way to make a dog chase its own tail, but as for me I don't buy it! Getting pretty fed up with this garbage as well.

Originally Posted by WolfofGray
    This an active issue atm for many players.
    How many of the 300,000+ active players do you know? Doing a google search on the error code doesn't bring up hardly any hits after September the 1st, this will be due to a good majority of players now not receiving this error code since the two 10hr maintenances which did resolve most of the login issues.

I didn't say that is was anyones ISP/firewall/router to blame but these are all steps to check to help minimise potential login difficulties. I myself have received a 2002 error recently and this was after my router decided to reset itself which first gave me the 90000 error, followed by the 3102 and then a 2002.

Originally Posted by Hippy_Pickle2
    This was a big problem the other week but after the big maintenance this is usually quite rare for most people now. I gather it keeps throwing you back to the launcher and you're just logging back in and going in circles? When I got this on my PS3 I would do a full shutdown and restart which sometimes cleared the error.

You may want to check your firewall settings etc and/or the port forwarding on your router as this can sometime throw that error out.
    Hey there,

So, I a nub when it comes to port forwarding and such, so I tried this (I have a Comcast cable modem)

I went into the router webpage and proceeded to open some ports as advised by another webpage that suggested the following ports be opened for FF XIV: UDP 55296--55551; TCP 80, 8080 443, 55296-55551 (I've closed these ports since then).

For the server IP, I selected the IP address of my default gateway, as using my local IP address returns an error.

I tried this and would still constantly get the same 2002 message. Ironically, a similar issue like this has kept me from playing FF XI.

Perhaps I'm opening the wrong ports? Not sure what to do at this point. FF XIV looks amazing, now if only I can play it too ^^

I'm not familiar with that router but it should be the IP of your PC you're forwarding the ports to, you should have assigned your PC a Static IP address within your routers range for this to work though.

Those ports you've listed are the ones I've seen and used myself.

I just downloaded a week ago for my ps3 and have yet to get on. Log in is fine, but when i get to the start screen, the start button is geyed out and error 2002 pops up. Ive tried so much stuff and dont know what to do. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Hi Gno,

A lot of PS3 users stick their consoles on a DMZ in their routers. Obviously this opens all ports but so far I haven't seen any reports of problems with people doing this on the PS3. You need to assign your PS3 a static IP and then go into your router setup and assign that IP to the DMZ. You could just do basic port forwarding for the ports listed in this thread.

You could try a DMZ first to see if that is causing the 2002 error, if that doesn't work though you may have to try re-installing it (which I know is another lengthy download).

Was your download after they put the game back on the store? If you do re-download it use the link in your download list instead.

If however you try a DMZ and it doesn't work and then a re-install also doesn't work you may have to contact customer services, but hopefully it won't come to that. If the DMZ does work then you could just assign the ports for FFXIV if you don't want to keep your PS3 on a DMZ.
    Last edited by Hippy_Pickle2; 26th Sep 2013 at 09:13.

Error2002 most likely your firewall if you have a comcast modem just set the firewall setting on low. it happen to me when i got the new modem from comast . the setting was high so i put setting low and i connect find. it very easy find just go ur rounter ip address . i think it 1.0.10. idk something like that i dont care just check your firewall it could be that

"The lobby server connection has encountered an error" "2002"

The title says it all. i have been trying to login for 2 days with no success...... Just purchased and so far havent been able to play 1 sec of the game.

2nd day and STILL cant get past lobby msg..............

3rd day no login..................mabey the maintenance will fix.

4 days NO LOGIN is there anyone in this forum?

Page 2 of 3 First First 123 Last