Page 1 of 6 12345 ... Last

Thread: Patch!

Patch!

Grey Mouser Guest

Exclamation Patch!

The patch for Thief: Deadly Shadows that corrects the 'AI bug' is now available.

You can find it HERE.

Note that if you have manually edited any of the .ini files you will need to Uninstall and Reinstall before applying the patch.

Saved games from v1.0 should work fine in v1.1, although if you Restart a mission you'll need to hop out the the Difficulty menu and reset difficulty to whatever you prefer.

Cheers!

Yay!!! Downloading now & then back to Theifing.

In case the official link gets overloaded, I've put a copy up here.

Thank you kindly. I plan on dl'ing first thing when I get home for a night of taffin' about.

Just installed it

another mirror

I've got it on my site now too Patch

Great stuff will get it now

Is that it?
    No fix for the choppy gameplay? No, not low framerate, I said choppy gameplay!

Any word for the Xbox version? I had heard it would be re-released.

From official 1.1-patch I would have expected other improvements to the game aswell than this one tiny lousy fix which fans have already fixed by their own AI bug-fixing programs that even let player set his own custom values.
    So nothing to be too excited about, at least to me.

Thanks GM, ISA, EIDOS. I had stopped my first time playthrough upon learning of the bug and can now proceed. I have worked on Ghosting the few I had already played though so no worries. Thanks again.

Originally posted by Acimus
    From official 1.1-patch I would have expected other improvements to the game aswell than this one tiny lousy fix which fans have already fixed by their own AI bug-fixing programs that even let player set his own custom values.
    So nothing to be too excited about, at least to me.
    Or grateful for, it would seem. But I am.

Acimus, quit moaning you tosser...

I think you hoser A. LOL

Thanks for the patch lads

I'm not intelligent enough to modify the .inis lol

uhhh, does this patch only fix that one issue? Is that correct or does it fix other things as well? Cause if it's just fixing that one problem, then well .. . . jesus they suck.

Rolleyes default.ini

can someone please post their unmodified ini?

i dont want to reinstall the whole 3 CD game!!

there realy aren't any other problems worth mentioning with the game. It would have been nice if they thru in a couple extra missions but i did not expect them to. patch that fixes a lot of things usualy means a buggy game to start with.

They need to realease the SDK thou.

There is plenty amiss with the game.. the main one for me being the walk and run sequences for your character are messed up..

Game starts fine but after running for a bit and then stopping u go back to run again say and it only creeps along slow.. its all fubard here and not even altering the ini to change speeds etc fixes it.

you also get random bouts in certain areas of the maps that your holding down the run key and its walking instead or creeping then suddenly u walk on a certain area and it runs then stops..

Royal pain in the a**

Moosenoodles...

wha?

Ok basically,,

When i play the game i hit "W" key to run and he runs, then after i stop using the "W" key to run and use the shift key to start walking slowly, to sneak about etc, and go back to runnning with the "W" key, the character still stays in walking mode, Ive not altered any key bindings its all default.

Ii just cant get it to constantly stay in run mode with the "W" key and walk with shifted keys.. Its weird its like the movement controls go mental on me..

really annoying the game is fun but when i need to run and i cant it tends to spoil it for me..

i too get stuck in things on occasion, mostly roof pieces and such where i fall onto a 90 degree angle.

A run walk default would be nice
    a button to adjust brightness and darkness on the fly would be nice

im just saying this patch is pretty sad for the time frame

Does the patch update the game version to 1.1? I reinstalled to ProgramFiles/Thief3, but the game continues to report version 1.0.

I'll try installing in the default installation directory

Yes it is sad lets just hope thay fix alot more intime!
    Like geting stuck on little rocks and cant move, or even jump off them!

whoever did did a fine job as compared t majority of the games out there.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... Last