Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... Last

Thread: Please make Final Fantasy like you used too!

Please make Final Fantasy like you used too!

  1. #1

    Things that scare me about the new games...

    Mini games and the games over all increasing "cheesiness", if you will, scare me.

    The mini games, the singing...all of the kiddy garbage, need to disappear from this series before KH3 comes out. This series has been around since I was in Middle School, for the love of God. I am 23 now, about to get my degree in graphic design, and...the fact of the matter is that long time fans, such as my self, are still playing this game. But..because it has gotten so...childish, we're simply playing it for the story now.

    The story, #1: needs to come to an end. I don't want to see it dragged out any longer. I love this series to death, and the first 2 games were earth shattering. The music, the gameplay, but mostly the story, were phenomenal. But now it's gotten to the point where I truly want to see it end..and on a good note.

    Kingdom Hearts needs to come back to the big consoles, secondly. Every time you guys release a game on a handheld system, you are cutting your profits down by a huge amount. Sure, people buy these games, but not as many as would on the big guys. Birth By Sleep on the ps3 (or even 360 for that matter) would have been a bigger hit than on the PSP (which has been a dead system since...well, forever). Of course, you would have had to remove the mini games (which I would have been fine with because they did not contribute to the story at all).

    #3: I loved the idea of Disney and Square in the beginning. For the first 2 games, it worked. But, again, I go back to my previous statement about how it is becoming too childish. Sora, Riku, Kairi and the lot of them are adults now, for the love of all that is good and holy. They need to act as such. They are fighting the forces of darkness that threaten the entire universe. With those things in mind...I don't think they would be acting like they have been.

    Basically, what I'm getting at here is; Make the game more mature. Because that's the majority of the audience that is playing this and waiting for KH3. We have been for years now. Sure, there are a handful of kids that play the series, and that's all well and good. And I'm not saying make it rated M. Not by any means. I'm just saying make it more on the level of the majority. Again, we have all mostly graduated High School and are in College right now.

    Do it Square! I know you can! I don't know if you guys read this, but I really hope you do. I want to see this series return to its former glory, and end on a phenomenal note like the first and second did.


  2. #2

    You have to keep in mind that this is Disney we're talking about here, they wouldn't give SE full rights to completely make it all an intense story like it could've been. Disney set limits, and SE works with those limits. Like you saidm the first two were great, and that was with the given limits, I'm sure SE will do well with KH3, so worrying over that fact is pointless.

  3. #3

    Originally Posted by Seraph-Stray
    Every time you guys release a game on a handheld system, you are cutting your profits down by a huge amount.





    Someone hire this guy for your financial division now gogogo!


    Lol no but seriously, why do you think a game on a 'big' system would heed more profits?





    Sure, they hit you for $60 instead of $30 for a handheld title, but not everyone is so willing to blow $60 off the bat to get that game immediately. ALOT of people simply wait to get it used, hence cutting profits that SE would have made.





    However, a $30 title is alot more sensible, people wouldn't mind picking it up right off release as much.





    So in all honesty, do you think that simply porting/bringing a game to the PS3/360 would make them more money? Also I would assume they would spend a greater amount of money simply making the game for a new gen system rather then a handheld, more people working on the project, etc etc.

  4. #4
    I see your point but name one thing disney has done good in the last five years with there stuff, and disney is aways hooking up deals sooo I don't think it will ever be for the ps3 or xbox360 sad facts

  5. #5

    Truth be told, the removal of minigames and the "kiddy element" and leaning towards a more "mature" aspect in no way guarantees a superior game. While I personally prefer playing on handhelds as I have little time to dedicate to sitting down and getting a decent gaming session in, Kingdom Hearts does have many aspects that are better attributed to handheld systems. Asides from that, even now, it's less likely that players actually do have consoles at all. Even if they were to develop titles for them exclusively, they are putting even more at risk by putting forward all the resources and manpower in order to develop a game like what you may be expecting.


    We can all respect each other's opinions here, and I do agree that the 15-16 year-olds I know do not act like Sora, Riku and Kairi at all. In fact, they actually act less mature. They are actually acting their age, perhaps not in your eyes, but being in one's mid-to-late teens does not require one to behave as though they can't spare any positivity in their lives. If not that, then perhaps we are playing different games. I can understand it if you have a gripe with Sora "not acting his age", but it's pretty odd that Riku and Kairi would be accused of the same.


    Yeah, we've grown up. But that doesn't mean the series has to grow up with us. It doesn't mean that Kingdom Hearts has to fit our tastes and our tastes alone just because we were the initial audience back during the release of the first title. In all honesty I think the rate they're going at is fine. It's evolving at its own pace, and even if we're still miles apart, one or the other is bound to catch up eventually.

  6. #6

    I agree!!! Leave Kingdom Hearts alone. The only thing I would change about Sora is make him less of a puppet... seriously, its like Ansem the Wise and Riku and Mickey are secretly directing everything he does in KH2, and the Organization as well, and they all just direct him to where Pete or Maleficent are causing trouble because they all want dead heartless for different reasons. Sora isn't very intelligent but at least in KH and CoM he DID stuff on his own... even had conflicts with Donald and Goofy and he actually got MAD at times, stabbed himself with a keyblade... lately its like we already know that he is special, so everyone else just uses his specialness to get the job done and he really doesn't have much say in anything.





    But yes, the maturity and minigames are fine where they are. Its a kid's game and should stay that way. I can think of a million games, animes, tv shows, ect that I could go to if I want something more serious. But I don't rely on KH to fill in that need, and I actually prefer KH to be friendlier when I want a break from the darker stuff.

  7. #7

    If anything, I find Kingdom Hearts trying to be too serious. I'm concerned about the plot. It's become complex to the point that even the Days of Our Lives family ancestry charts are less confusing. Everybody is a part of somebody else. Darkness everywhere. Time travel? May Square Enix have mercy on our souls.


    Minigames seem fine. The fact this could become a soap opera or at least a TV sitcom is what upsets me. Wonder what Square would name that though.


    Nobodies Love Xehanort?


    General Keyblade?


    Days of Our Heartless?

  8. #8

    Originally Posted by Persiangato


    If anything, I find Kingdom Hearts trying to be too serious. I'm concerned about the plot. It's become complex to the point that even the Days of Our Lives family ancestry charts are less confusing. Everybody is a part of somebody else. Darkness everywhere. Time travel? May Square Enix have mercy on our souls.



    That's how I feel too; I've always felt the Disney element kept the rest of the game in check, hence why KHII was such a disappointment with its lesser emphasis on the Disney worlds being part of the plot. I think Birth By Sleep is much more on track, so hopefully the next game handles the dichotomy like that and not like KHII. I haven't played 358/2 or Coded, so I can't say for those.

  9. #9
    Originally Posted by Seraph-Stray
    Mini games and the games over all increasing "cheesiness", if you will, scare me.

    The mini games, the singing...all of the kiddy garbage, need to disappear from this series before KH3 comes out. This series has been around since I was in Middle School, for the love of God. I am 23 now, about to get my degree in graphic design, and...the fact of the matter is that long time fans, such as my self, are still playing this game. But..because it has gotten so...childish, we're simply playing it for the story now.

    The story, #1: needs to come to an end. I don't want to see it dragged out any longer. I love this series to death, and the first 2 games were earth shattering. The music, the gameplay, but mostly the story, were phenomenal. But now it's gotten to the point where I truly want to see it end..and on a good note.

    Kingdom Hearts needs to come back to the big consoles, secondly. Every time you guys release a game on a handheld system, you are cutting your profits down by a huge amount. Sure, people buy these games, but not as many as would on the big guys. Birth By Sleep on the ps3 (or even 360 for that matter) would have been a bigger hit than on the PSP (which has been a dead system since...well, forever). Of course, you would have had to remove the mini games (which I would have been fine with because they did not contribute to the story at all).

    #3: I loved the idea of Disney and Square in the beginning. For the first 2 games, it worked. But, again, I go back to my previous statement about how it is becoming too childish. Sora, Riku, Kairi and the lot of them are adults now, for the love of all that is good and holy. They need to act as such. They are fighting the forces of darkness that threaten the entire universe. With those things in mind...I don't think they would be acting like they have been.

    Basically, what I'm getting at here is; Make the game more mature. Because that's the majority of the audience that is playing this and waiting for KH3. We have been for years now. Sure, there are a handful of kids that play the series, and that's all well and good. And I'm not saying make it rated M. Not by any means. I'm just saying make it more on the level of the majority. Again, we have all mostly graduated High School and are in College right now.

    Do it Square! I know you can! I don't know if you guys read this, but I really hope you do. I want to see this series return to its former glory, and end on a phenomenal note like the first and second did.

    I agree with you completely Seraph-Stray.

  10. #10

    Please make Final Fantasy like you used too!

    please make the next final fantasy like the older ones. IX and under prefered. its changed too much. those ones were by the the best. i mean u had a world map to explore. you had towns WITH shops. and the music was just great. thats what made it so great.

    Now past that we dont really have world maps. its just run over here or here. hell final fantasy XII-2 you just jump in time and tah dah you right where u need to be and oh guess what? no shops! XIII is just aas bad too.

    Dint get me wrong they were good games. but there no longer feeling like final fantasy to me. as soon as u take out the prelude or the crystal theme which i havnt heard in them) its no longer final fantasy. those were the signature songs which should appear somewhere in the series.

    for instance. my favorite final fantasy was IV. why u ask? well it had a great story, i loved the sound track, there wee tons to buy wepond and arour, there was caves where i can enter and find hiddel summon spells, and when u leveled up you gained the magic spell or in the ohters you bought the spell which worked just as well too). but yet they were able to keep the diffaculty level at a good rate. nothing past final fantasy IX has stuff like that. and i CANT STRESS ENOUGH the level up system SUCKS on those ones. wheres " you gained 10 exp and 20 gil" gone?

  11. #11

    I admit that I do miss some of the things that made the classic Final Fantasy games special. I still spend lots of time playing those games because I enjoy the Final Fantasy games from the PSone and Playstation 2 era more than I do the current games.

  12. #12

    Bravely Default shall grant your wish.

  13. #13



    CANT STRESS ENOUGH the level up system SUCKS on those ones. wheres " you gained 10 exp and 20 gil" gone?



    Selling loot is perfectly fine way to make gold, makes more sense for a monster's hide to be worth money than for it to have money in its pockets. I agree that FF13's levelling wasn't too good, but X wasn't bad... they just changed "exp" to "ap" and you got to see the results of your levelling by upgrading your stats yourself. FF13 did that, but since the stats where kinda the same for each grid and the characters didn't grow to meet a specific role I disliked it...





    You don't once mention FF12 tho. Have you played it? Sure you have to sell items to make money, but you gather experience like the old games to level up, and you have two requirements to equip gear: unlock it on the liscense board (train to use it, basically) and purchase it. Same with armour, spells, abilities... FF12 has the things you where complaing about. Even FFX has stores to buy gear from... you might not need them for spells, but they do have some nice armours and weapons as you progress.





    I love early FF games, but I include FFX and FFXII in that list. FFXIII was a decent game but pales in comparison to the older games.

  14. #14

    Originally Posted by Matthew

    for instance. my favorite final fantasy was IV. why u ask? well it had a great story, i loved the sound track, there wee tons to buy wepond and arour, there was caves where i can enter and find hiddel summon spells, and when u leveled up you gained the magic spell or in the ohters you bought the spell which worked just as well too). but yet they were able to keep the diffaculty level at a good rate. nothing past final fantasy IX has stuff like that. and i CANT STRESS ENOUGH the level up system SUCKS on those ones. wheres " you gained 10 exp and 20 gil" gone?


    FFXII has almost all of this, except you gain new skills via the License system.

  15. #15

    No.


    We need something original. Its far better to take risks with a chance of producing a classic, than to play it safe and create consistent above par games.


    Don't get me wrong, I prefer the old games too, but you will never get that feeling you yearn for if they just make the same game over and over again.

  16. #16

    Originally Posted by Jackstin


    No.


    We need something original. Its far better to take risks with a chance of producing a classic, than to play it safe and create consistent above par games.


    Don't get me wrong, I prefer the old games too, but you will never get that feeling you yearn for if they just make the same game over and over again.

    I actually agree. Improvising is the way to go... otherwise, eventually interest will be lost in a game, even by the most die hard of fans. Changes should, however, be kept in check... removing stores, for example, is a rather sad change to the recent games. I love the idea of combat in FF13, even if I found it too easy... the auto-battle system was all you needed for too many fights, once you had enough data about the enemy... the game's true "fun" happened when you got to manage your party roles and swap to fit the current situation... but I felt that this wasn't required often enough to keep the player engaged. In other words, a good idea that needed some work (apparently ff13-2 has fixed this?) but the lack of stores sucks and I would prefer more customizablity while leveling, more uniqueness to my characters... but they tried, and they will hopefully learn what is good to keep and what isn't.

  17. #17

    Originally Posted by Jackstin


    No.


    We need something original. Its far better to take risks with a chance of producing a classic, than to play it safe and create consistent above par games.


    Don't get me wrong, I prefer the old games too, but you will never get that feeling you yearn for if they just make the same game over and over again.



    world will never progress if not for renovation so I still expect the new gameplay along with the traditional Elements . FF 13 and 13-2 do not have those things


  18. #18

    Okay its only my point of view so...take it easy

    i think the best part of Final Fantsy was ever the posibility to modiefy our charakters as you want...
    You want to be a caster? DO IT!
    You Want to be a Fighter? DO IT!
    You want to be a Summoner? DO IT!!

    Since Final Fantsy 10, where it was a bit harder to play like this, i thout there was no way...
    you only had pre made charakters....to bad..
    Final Fantasy always have a epic story thats not the problem
    But why changing a working system that everybody loves

    one Point im realy missing...
    The limit Breaks....
    great fighting styles and mass damage why where this deleted...





    ps.: sorry for my bad english. be gentle

    If you want to creat a Final Fantasy that can break the incomming Money from the classics..
    Then give us the Posibillity to play charakters the way we like and not it should be with magicans and such things...

    how ever...as i seaid..thats my point of view

  19. #19

    Only one reason , because of the game balance ."Limit break" and "break damage" make the game more easily and lose the challenge .

  20. #20

    good answer


    but i have a question.
    Was Ruby Weapon easy? ^^ FF7


    Or Omega Weapon?^^ FF 8


    Or the Judge? ff 10

  21. #21

    Originally Posted by Azure


    Only one reason , because of the game balance ."Limit break" and "break damage" make the game more easily and lose the challenge .


    I must disagree and i care about having great moves, skills and strong desperation moves aka limit break. I don't like this point of view. Trance, limit breaks, summons, job swap and damage breaking in games in general could be viewed as "lose the challenge" but without them you will end up with either a restrictive choices or limited options in battles and i definitely dislike this kind of thinking especially in 50 hours games.

  22. #22

    Duh, take a look at the Full ATB attacks in XIII. Some of them can't even break the top line.

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    BC, Canada
    Posts
    431

    I wouldn't classify Full ATB skills in the exact same level as Limit Breaks or Desperation Attacks for the simple fact that they can be used at pretty much any time, repeatedly (given that the character is in the correct paradigm). They mostly have a specific inherent use: Army of One, Cold Blood and Last Resort drive up chain bonus during break, and Highwind / Soverign Fist do greater damage per chain boost level.


    The Quickenings of XII are nearly as guilty of this, since they can be used as long as you have enough MP in a mist-charge to perform them, regardless of HP level.


    Skills like that which can literally be spammed over and over don't have the same feel as the ones you can only perform under Limit Break / Trance / Overdrive. And a question is... why should they?

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    196

    I think the plot is the most important part. It should be suspenseful, humorous at times (something FFXIII was missing), and most importantly resolved.
    “Turn to the light. Don't fear the shadow it creates.”

  25. #25

    If you give a player an OP move... they are going to spam it.





    FF7: summons (limits where at the end, but during the journey it was summons)


    FF8: Squall limit break... full capped damage with aura on him... spam away! Eden was strong too


    FF10: break limit on weapons and summons... getting ultima weapons before sin battles made sin to easy.


    FF12: Quickenings. I HATE when I see the game at a friend's house.. and their liscense board is a bee-line to all the quickenings. I wonder if they realize that intelligent variety and good equipment is just as good, and focusing liscences is powerful augments is actually better... Seriously, a lvl 20 battle with Vossler spamming quickenings is actually HARDER than having a good party... I had Vaan with bloodsword, Ashe casting regen/protect on him, and Balthier was just autoattacking even though I built him for casting, because Vossler decided to cast reflect on himself... at about half health I summoned Belias, and was surprised at how much sap from blood sword and Belias' painflair where chunking the boss... didn't even lose one star from Belias summon time.





    The type of game you are suggesting is a very Western approach to gaming. Complete customizabilty with your main character, at least, is very much like Skyrim and other Elder Scrolls games and Western RPGs. Full party cusomization can be found in Dragon Age. Final Fantasy games tend to give you a choice of WHO to bring in your party, isntead of HOW to build them... even though the building is still usually there. The main character is almost always the best choice, and in older games was required in your party, which was fine because he was always the most useful anyways.





    now, a FFTA class system in a main final fantasy entry... allows you to build your party more to your liking, but still limits you to classes... I like that idea.

Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... Last

Tags for this Thread