Thread: Please make Final Fantasy like you used too!

Please make Final Fantasy like you used too!

Originally Posted by ZionKojima

If you are implying that Square should develop future FF games to play more like the older ones, then there would be no point in making newer games in the first place. Perhaps gameplay styles will transfer over, which is always a good thing. Otherwise FF will be nothing but a series of copycat games like the New Super Mario Bros. series; fans constantly begged for a new game like Super Mario Bros. 3, and of course we were given that over and over again (I understand its for the sake of selling Mario to a younger and newer audience but it gets pretty annoying after a while). Don't get me wrong I loved the older FF games too (I still have them in my collection), its just that I believe there is a fine line between designing anything for the sake of appeasing veteran fans' nostalgia expectations and being flat out repetitive. I'm not necessarily implying that dramatically changing games is all that great either, instead there should be a better balance between old and new ideas like Metroid Prime. Like I said before Square has always produced FF and KH games that have newer gameplay styles and mechanics that established a game's identity and uniqueness. As I've already mentioned before, it seems Square is just juggling and altering ideas between KH and FF. My theory is that perhaps Square wants to make sure that they can perfect KH3 or any other future FF game in order to appeal to both the veteran fans and a new audience. In other words Square is trying to reinvent itself.

So my question to you is do you want a blatant copycat FF game or a newly designed FF game that challenges our expectations like the older ones did? Square is not the only Japanese developer/publisher that is painstakingly attempting to achieve this goal, you know.

I never suggested Square build directly off the old games, that would become stale in a hurry. I basically said (in probably too many words) "Lets be honest FinalFantasy was Sakaguchi's brainchild and I personally believe finalfantasy may never be finalfantasy again without its creator guiding it in the proper direction" as in i honestly believe Sakaguchi was the creative mind that made it feel like a finalfantasy game like VIII, XI, and XII, each of those were dramatic changes in the feel and game play bringing new concepts, designs, and most dramatically, new battle systems.

I never want to see square just rehashing old unpopular, dead features from the older series, those belong in the past with their respective games.

Sakaguchi is just a genius when it comes to making a JRPG, look at the last story by mistwalker studio, it could have been better but for what it was it was amazing, different and fun. I'm implying that 1 person can easily make or break anything.

Originally Posted by Mouse

whats wrong with the newer FF titles? bad storyline?

I feel that the new games are beginning to shed away the FinalFantasy lore making these games not feel like FinalFantasy anymore and of course a majority of the fans can see and feel this problem.

another problem is some of these new concepts and innovations seem to make people feel limited or even overwhelmed, an example is with XIII's paradigm system, some felt overwhelmed having to think of heavily complicated tactics that involve changing paradigms sometimes endlessly , some also felt limited with the fact that they have to go through so many hoops just to use the spell they want or limited because they couldn't use any spell or attack they wanted anytime they wanted, I personally felt slightly limited sometimes with the fact that i can only choose from a limited number of preset formations instead of being able to change each person's paradigm individually but I bit my tongue and evolved to work with it, even though i still hated it (I wont even get into how heavily linear the game was).

I personally loved XII but i can understand why people hated the gambit system, honestly, why fight when the computer will automatically do it for you, I personally think it would have been better if I had been forced to carefully pick my next attack with the threat of being attacked pressuring me to pick quickly.

the story telling is still above par with squeenix even if certain large groups of people hate different stories for different reasons, but i have to agree that after IX, the story quality has begun to drop, don't get me wrong X, XI, XII and even XIII had amazing stories but they just didn't move me to sadness and excitement, the way VI, VII, and IX did (VII was especially amazing).

X seemed cheesy much of the time and I personally just couldn't get myself to feel bad for the people suffering.(I can't really explain why it made me feel this way)

XI was convoluted and felt impossible to follow without looking at a wikia page(most people that i have talked to say they just gave up and started ignoring the story and i admit, i did too).

XII was great until the end and made me feel that I never really solved the real problem.

XIII's time travel felt amazingly dull, i saw so many holes in the story and some things that did change didn't feel right while things that didn't change made me feel frustrated or confused and the explanation for how the time travel worked just didn't make any sense and felt manufactured even though the rips in time were suppose to be random and even though the rips in time were the first time such a thing has ever happened, everyone in the game was a certified expert on the time rips and time travel... this was a pretty bad offense in the story and utterly ruined the story's plot. (couldn't everyone just be confused and terrified of entering such unknown things, seriously they weren't human, they were Omniscient)

Only X and XIII

The main thing that bugs me is they dropped their traditional game-design after FF9 and never went back. And for those who think that's what the online games are for, those games aren't even close to that style either. Not by a long shot.

With FF13, I thought SE should've had us play about 5-10hrs on Cocoon, and the largest chunk of hrs on Gran Pulse before going to Eden. I just feel they needed to focus their creativity on more areas for the much larger planet of Gran Pulse. I thought that intro you could watch before starting the game was a tease. They showed us this 'huge' world and it ended up being more like the "Calm Lands" of FF10. After 10 out of 13 chapters, and about 30 hrs of traveling a very long and narrow trail, we 'finally' get to this 'massive' world only to find out that it's, well, not so "massive" as far as the story was concerned. My overall description of FF13 is, 'Incredibly Limited'.

Look at what the "Dragon Age" fans are going through. And that's just over a couple of titles. lol Try enjoying something for about 10 years, then having it suddenly taken away and never returned. It reeeeally sucks, I tell ya.

Originally Posted by Fat Squeek

Innovation for the sake of innovation is idiotic. Doesn't help that Toriyama is a hack writer who's several steps bellow a homebrewed D&D game.

You don't read too many Japanese stories do you? If you did you wouldn't be saying that now.

Not every Japanese story is Toriyama's butt dribble. It's hilarious how so many ultra super expert video game writers are really just horny middle age men who went to programming school and got lucking, but only on the buisness side. Some writers show intelligence, but not too many.

"Not every Japanese story is Toriyama's butt dribble. It's hilarious how so many ultra super expert video game writers are really just horny middle age men who went to programming school and got lucking, but only on the buisness side. Some writers show intelligence, but not too many."

Hideo Kojima (father of Metal Gear and Policenauts) majored in business but was given a lower ranking job when he initially began working for Konami. Most of his bosses, at the time, did not recognize or respect his potential; Kojima never gave up and now he's the one running the show in Konami. I was implying that Japanese literature has a very different approach to story that most Westerners are too influenced by the ignorance of Japanese stereotypes to understand. Also I'm done with lecturing you, it seems very pointless of me to continue conversing with someone who only gives childish and vulgar replies to everything they disagree with.

Originally Posted by Sonic0170

I feel that the new games are beginning to shed away the FinalFantasy lore making these games not feel like FinalFantasy anymore and of course a majority of the fans can see and feel this problem.

another problem is some of these new concepts and innovations seem to make people feel limited or even overwhelmed, an example is with XIII's paradigm system, some felt overwhelmed having to think of heavily complicated tactics that involve changing paradigms sometimes endlessly , some also felt limited with the fact that they have to go through so many hoops just to use the spell they want or limited because they couldn't use any spell or attack they wanted anytime they wanted, I personally felt slightly limited sometimes with the fact that i can only choose from a limited number of preset formations instead of being able to change each person's paradigm individually but I bit my tongue and evolved to work with it, even though i still hated it (I wont even get into how heavily linear the game was).

I personally loved XII but i can understand why people hated the gambit system, honestly, why fight when the computer will automatically do it for you, I personally think it would have been better if I had been forced to carefully pick my next attack with the threat of being attacked pressuring me to pick quickly.

the story telling is still above par with squeenix even if certain large groups of people hate different stories for different reasons, but i have to agree that after IX, the story quality has begun to drop, don't get me wrong X, XI, XII and even XIII had amazing stories but they just didn't move me to sadness and excitement, the way VI, VII, and IX did (VII was especially amazing).

X seemed cheesy much of the time and I personally just couldn't get myself to feel bad for the people suffering.(I can't really explain why it made me feel this way)

XI was convoluted and felt impossible to follow without looking at a wikia page(most people that i have talked to say they just gave up and started ignoring the story and i admit, i did too).

XII was great until the end and made me feel that I never really solved the real problem.

XIII's time travel felt amazingly dull, i saw so many holes in the story and some things that did change didn't feel right while things that didn't change made me feel frustrated or confused and the explanation for how the time travel worked just didn't make any sense and felt manufactured even though the rips in time were suppose to be random and even though the rips in time were the first time such a thing has ever happened, everyone in the game was a certified expert on the time rips and time travel... this was a pretty bad offense in the story and utterly ruined the story's plot. (couldn't everyone just be confused and terrified of entering such unknown things, seriously they weren't human, they were Omniscient)

Was there ever such a thing called Final Fantasy lore to begin with? I mean each games story was very different and for the most part they never provide a sense of continuity like the Zelda series has already established. HAHA that is the first time I heard of someone say that FFXIII's gameplay was complicating! Normally you hear people complain about tapping the A or X button to win. You're playing a game in a world where everybody fears and hates you (and wants you dead....LIKE X-MEN!!!), of course it would be extremely linear. It's called turning the Gambit system off. Amazingly dull, frustrating, and confusing story? You obviously didn't watch Lost. If you want JRPG's with moving stories I highly recommend playing the Shin Megami Tensei series, (SMT) Persona series, the Tales of series, Disgaea series, Mother (or EarthBound) series, and the Kingdom Hearts series (if you haven't tried KH yet).

Kojima isn't bad. He made MGS3. The Megami Tensei games are generally excellent. Bear in mind I don't hate XIII, but the story is dreck. Relying upon a textbook to deliver your story isn't a viable method of storytelling when it isn't an option to the player. Trying to to be cinematic by advocating the cinematic rpg thing they harp on and on about goes directly against making me read lines and lines of text. I'm fine with reading, but then write a book. Games are meant to be games, with the datalog relegated to an option not a necessity. Japanese literature can be all over the place, but so can any form. It's unwise to generalize an entire culture into a style of writing that is represented in a video game. There a vastly superior Japanese stories out there, but decent authors are hard to come by nowadays. That and Toriyama is obsessed with ham-fisted societal messages in his games that can only make me grown in how one dimensional they are.

Originally Posted by Sonic0170

Was there ever such a thing called Final Fantasy lore to begin with? I mean each games story was very different and for the most part they never provide a sense of continuity like the Zelda series has already established. HAHA that is the first time I heard of someone say that FFXIII's gameplay was complicating! Normally you hear people complain about tapping the A or X button to win. You're playing a game in a world where everybody fears and hates you (and wants you dead....LIKE X-MEN!!!), of course it would be extremely linear. It's called turning the Gambit system off. Amazingly dull, frustrating, and confusing story? You obviously didn't watch Lost. If you want JRPG's with moving stories I highly recommend playing the Shin Megami Tensei series, (SMT) Persona series, the Tales of series, Disgaea series, Mother (or EarthBound) series, and the Kingdom Hearts series (if you haven't tried KH yet).

I have played all those series at least once and XIII's battle system, although overly simple and boring, you have to admit it made you think much farther than XII's system, my main complaint about XII and XIII was the lack of direct control over the lead character or even better the entire party just to clarify.

The complicated part i was referring to, although complicated was the wrong wording i guess, was trying to figure out what combinations worked, finding that i had to rearrange them all the time became tedious, "lack of control" is probably the better way to describe it.

I'm aware that people feared you and linear story is perfectly fine but the mistake people make even squeenix is the linear map, the games up until X did not have linear maps and XIII made this same mistake, the ability to explore the world and learn about the people living on it is what usually make a finalfantasy game good, X's and XIII's problem that outraged so many people was the linear maps, people want to explore a immersive world, they don't ask for story choice, they ask for the ability to be an explorer with Side quests, collectibles and extra mini games outside of the main story line (XIII-2 tried to fix this but it was limited and very short lived, that's the reason why i actually like XIII-2 and hope lightning returns does better).

www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/lore

3 : a particular body of knowledge or tradition

Another way of thinking of it is calling it recurring themes such as,
    battle by menu,
    god/gods or religious extremist threat,

a world that is threatened to be destroyed,
    iconic summons/monsters/people like, behemoths, Cid, chocobo's and moogles etc...
    I'm sure there are more things i could list but you get the idea, there are certain things that you see, hear, and use in finalfantasy that make you feel that what your playing is actually finalfantasy. All of these things are 90% consistent in all games to this day, although some things have become diluted as the series evolves.
    one person described it this way and although i disagree with certain small details he has a point, putting your finger on what makes it finalfantasy is difficult, you can still point out details that make a traditional finalfantasy without rehashing things in such a way that makes a game dull.

Bad storyline! Gameplay control took out from your hands

Bland histories,bizarre look like, harsh emotions.dark and stupid conversations,

Originally Posted by elson

I want to make clear that I speak for myself, after the departure of Hironobu Sakaguchi series took another turn, not bad I guess, but it was not the same anymore ...
    Square Enix developer was my favorite, but after some frustrations with care, silence, etc., I was very disappointed once I had no internet and I could not relate to it, but now I am able to use internet and it's like we did not exist as I said before I speak for myself ...
    The series Final Fantasy XII until the game was my favorite, still is I guess, but without Hironobu Sakaguchi do not see with the same eyes more ...
    I'm not here doing merch this game, I do not want harm Square Enix, but if you have not played Lost Odyssey is losing a good old Final Fantasy, even with all loads the game makes you feel "I'm going back to the past '

Well i finished Lost Odyssey 100% but i think FF13 was better i mean the story but the gameplay is not, gameplay was better in lost odyssey.But ff13-2 and (LR what i saw from this game) i think Lost odyssey was better than these sequels.Square Enix losing billion yens because of bad marketing,bad strategy,unnecessary sequels for Final Fantasy games.I buyed Final Fantasy XIII Collectors edition and i love it but these sequels ruined FF13 story imo. But i have faith in SE they can make a good game again (large city,towns,big world map,many espers,Day and nigh cycle,free gameplay not linear, with agni's philosophy world).

i too wish they would return to what made Ff so great. but its up to SE not us :/.

(I've been away and have been stupidly busy! So busy that I posted this and literally dropped off the face of the planet working like a mad man).

I'm reviving this because it's important that you guys understand what I mean.

I completely get where you guys are coming from. I really do. But, as I said before, a majority of people playing this game are our age now. There isn't a huge influx of teenies joining this fandom. There are some, don't get me wrong.

But you guys can't seriously enjoy the mini games. I refuse to believe that fellow fans actually like that stuff. The only mini game I've liked is the flick rush in KH3D. That was sick.

I just love Squeenix so much and I love the community. I just want what's best for usand the story.

Speaking of which. Persiangato, I don't think the story is the least bit confusing. Maybe because I've played them all a million times, but...who's counting? lol

I think that as long as future mini-games recieve the same care and attention as Flick Rush and even as much as the minigames in Birth by Sleep, which I vastly enjoyed, and make them fun for more than just a few minutes as well as make them a tiny bit more rewarding, then the minigames should stick around. I personally loved being able to take a break from killing heartless every now and again to play a new minigame in Pooh's world. Just make the games a bit better, that's all.

And as for the characters, I'd say Riku and Kairi act incredibly more mature than any 15-16 year old I've ever tried to have a conversation with without suffering from an anneurism. But as for Sora, while he still acts more mature than an average boy his age, I find his character progression to be very depressing at times. For example, while I wasn't to fond of Sora at the beginning of Kingdom Hearts 1, he eventually developed into a very thrilling and deserving protagonist by the end of the game. And even moreso in Chain of Memories. In fact, I was floored by almost every single word that came from Sora's mouth in that game. His maturity, wisdom, and selflessness were levels beyond even what was seen in the most heart-wrenching scenes in Kingdom Hearts 1. Unfortunately, that was apparently the peek of his development, as along with the memories Sora lost of Castle Oblivion, he seemed to have lost all of his development from that game as well. In fact, when Sora woke up in Kingdom Hearts 2, he was even less mature and intelligent than he was in the beginning of Kingdom Hearts 1. Actually, I'd go so far as to say he was less intelligent during that entire game than he was when he was 4 years old in Birth by Sleep. And during DDD distance, Sora remained his annoying, bumbling baffoon of a character for the vast majority of the game. It wasn't until SPOILERS the very second that Roxas moved his memories into Sora that Sora instantly became a cool protagonist again. In fact, in the 5 minutes from that moment until his story ended, I thought I was looking at good old Chain of Memories Sora again. And despite his ridiculous tea-party at the end of the game (which actually made me burst out laughing, don't ask me why), his incredibly selfless and admirable reaction to the results of the Mark of Mastery Exam lead me to believe that he retained this development. Hopefully he just doesn't forget it all before 3 begins.

I personally am surprised that they dont have a suggestion box thread for ideas to be pooled and then they can build from there.

I agree the series, has not been the same since X showed up. While i liked X a lot and i thought XII was brilliant in some areas (characters, voice acting, customization, world, and partially the story), it was sloppy in others (espers, partially the story, mini-game and partially the combat). I have only played some of 13 and while I like the characters, and the battle-system seems ok, it does not allow for quite the depth of character customization/control that everyone loves about final fantasy. I think Square-enix needs to create a mission statement. Everything they create or cut needs to be in-line with that mission statement and if they want it to be the success that it can be, they need to find out what fans want.

SQUARE-ENIX - two ideas to help get things going in the right direction:

1. Final Fantasy is your Goose that creates the Golden eggs. If you want the profit from the golden eggs, take care of the goose. In other words, put the majority of the company's budget into pumping out final fantasy games again. Not on mobile, not on 3DSthe or Vita, on PS and Xbox/Wii. Not saying that a remastered version of VI isn't in order for the 3DS, but you need to know who your audience is and where to find them. If you try to appeal to everyone, you end up truly pleasing no one.

2. Send out a survey to 100 of the most faithful final fantasy fans and ask them specific, in depth questions about what they are wanting, what they would like to see, what they would than think about this remake, or a sequel to this, or suggestions for this, etc. And then use that information as the foundation to build the next epic final fantasy game.

Originally Posted by Vansair

i too wish they would return to what made Ff so great. but its up to SE not us :/.

It is up to us, just don't buy any Square Enix products

Originally Posted by alanman178

I understand where you're coming from. Personally, I haven't enjoyed the series 'as' much since FF9. There was a major change in the game-design starting with FF10. I think the company has done well with what they've set out to accomplish. But, some of the things they'd set out to do with the series were uncharacteristic and not what many of the fans were looking for. The first 9 titles carried over a sense of tradition and familiarity that was unmatched by many other rpg titles.

I remember when the first game came out. It's nothing like FF9. You selected four characters, named them, and then played with these four for the entire game. You did not have MP, rather each class of magic had a finite number of uses. Your characters would attempt to attack enemies after they we're defeated, forcing you to target a different enemy with each character so you wouldn't miss. When you would attempt to run away, it often failed waisting your time and possible loosing party members. And the game gave you very little idea where to go next.

When Final Fantasy II (the forth in the series) was released a year or so later for the SNES, the game had a story with linear progression. Characters would join and leave your party through out the progression of the game. You we're always able to run away by pressing the L and R buttons, the only concequence being gold being dropped as you fled. Spells could either be used on single or multiple targets. Instead of a finite count on the number of times a spell could be used, you now had MP.

By the time the ninth game was released, it hardly resemblenced the first game at all. How people can say the games before X, XII, and XIII "break" what the series stands for isn't true at all. The game has evolved over each new release.

Originally Posted by Laraul

Originally Posted by alanman178

I understand where you're coming from. Personally, I haven't enjoyed the series 'as' much since FF9. There was a major change in the game-design starting with FF10. I think the company has done well with what they've set out to accomplish. But, some of the things they'd set out to do with the series were uncharacteristic and not what many of the fans were looking for. The first 9 titles carried over a sense of tradition and familiarity that was unmatched by many other rpg titles.

I remember when the first game came out. It's nothing like FF9. You selected four characters, named them, and then played with these four for the entire game. You did not have MP, rather each class of magic had a finite number of uses. Your characters would attempt to attack enemies after they we're defeated, forcing you to target a different enemy with each character so you wouldn't miss. When you would attempt to run away, it often failed waisting your time and possible loosing party members. And the game gave you very little idea where to go next.

When Final Fantasy II (the forth in the series) was released a year or so later for the SNES, the game had a story with linear progression. Characters would join and leave your party through out the progression of the game. You we're always able to run away by pressing the L and R buttons, the only concequence being gold being dropped as you fled. Spells could either be used on single or multiple targets. Instead of a finite count on the number of times a spell could be used, you now had MP.

By the time the ninth game was released, it hardly resemblenced the first game at all. How people can say the games before X, XII, and XIII "break" what the series stands for isn't true at all. The game has evolved over each new release.

I couldn't agree more. I've been doing a replay of the series, and cataloging certain similarities. The games have always evolved, and while it's true that 4 and 6-9 were somewhat alike in certain respects, they were vastly different in others. The closest between games that I can think of is VII to VIII, where the Guardian Forces filled essentially the same function as Materia with a somewhat different interface. Every game has had its own familiar materials that keeps them threaded together for me personally, but they've still always seen change. Sometimes mass change, sometimes small alterations, but never really the same twice. But, I suppose that's not what some people are looking for.

My main gripe has always been about the change in the world-design. I love the way Squaresoft designed the worlds from FF1-FF9. I always expected to see new things in each new title as they were released. I just never expected the company to drop the style that they had been so successful with since the beginning.

When I saw that FF10 was going to be released for the PS2, I bought both the NA and JP PS2 systems. I was so excited about seeing a FF world on the next-gen console. Squaresoft had done very well with the SNES debut of FF4, and the PS1 debut of FF7. I mean, all I could think about was how awesome the world of FF10 was going to be. I never thought for a 'second' that Squaresoft would eliminate the things that had been in every single game since FF1. I remember the disappointment slowly hitting me as I was playing through FF10. I was loving the game until I came to a realization that there wasn't going to be that overworld map style in it. FF10 had all kinds of great ideas in it, but without that world map style I'd loved for so many years, it left a bad feeling in my gut. Not to mention the "point and click" method of airship travel. I was a little upset back then, and I have had an uneasy feeling about the series ever since.

I'd just like to see more "videogame" and less "movie" in the FF series as it progresses further into the future.

i would like to see the series return to it's old school roots, just modernizing them, using the original themes (the 4 elemental world crystals, the 4 fiends, a world like FF5's, chocobo's airships, boats, an expansive map, lots of sidequests/extra bosses/dungeons, etc.) honestly of all the old games FF1 and FF5 were my faves, not much a fan of FF4. if they managed to go old school and make the game as awesome as ff5 was, with the 4 fiends that were in the earlier games, and tons of other stuff, done up in maybe tales of legendia/ff7 style with chibi characters, but hi res and hd and a massive world map to explore, etc, i think i would die and be happy!

i also think that ff6, though an amazing game has nothing to do with the original four crystal theme, neither does ff2.

I agree with many points that have been made in this thread.

Here are but a few things a new FF game needs in my opinion:

Openworld

The world needs to be huge. Bigger than Skyrim's overworld map. The map needs to be open, much like Skyrim, but yet focus on the main story. Looks at FF6, FF7 and then FF12. Those FF games did a solid job at this. Now, simply expand and improve upon this very same formula.

Please keep the Final Fantasy a single player game. Even though there is a lot of money in MMORPG's, that Square Enix could profit a lot from a strong library of superb Finaly Fantasy games that are single player. It is also less risky to develop than an MMORPG, but that is another thread/story.

Storyline

The next FF game must have a strong story and most importantly an exceedingly awesome bad guy. Kefka and Sephiroth were very good for their time. I'd also like to see the story unfold and be told from various point of views. For example, remember in FF6 when we would get a glimpse of what Kefka and the Emperor were up to? Or what Shrina, the Turks or even Sephiroth were up to? Another game that does exactly this extremely well is Wild Arms 1 for the PS1. The interactions between Mother and the Quarter Knights. This was done so well, one could practically feel the evil radiating from Mother, but at the same time tell just how smart and strong the Quarter Knights were. For the people who haven't played Wild Arms 1, here is the wiki link to provide a point of reference. en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wild_Arms

Graphics

Luckily, this is something Square Enix is great at. Just keep up the good work. If I had one complaint, it would be that there aren't enough Monster Character models in FF13 and FF13-2. This felt a little incomplete to me. I'd like to see more variance, especially depending on where you do battle. IT can greatly add to the atmosphere. Say for example, you are in a swamp like area...well you'd want to fight monsters that you could possible see roaming that area. These should be vastely different than the monsters you'll face while crossing a desert.

Gameplay

Personally, I really enjoyed the gameplay style of FF12. I think if that system can be improved that i'd love to see it again. Fighting monsters on the open field/terrain sounds fun to me, as long as it stays true to the FF series. Like what FF12 did. A strong level up system, gambit system, characters variations and more are all a must.

Thanks for reading.

Rathorne

Bad Storyline!
    I agree. What's their problem anyway. Hundreds people andthey cannot come up with a decent one?

Originally Posted by silvergol

Bad storyline! Gameplay control took out from your hands

Bland histories,bizarre look like, harsh emotions.dark and stupid conversations,

Funny I had the same issues with KotOR and Fallout (the crap ton of bugs in both did not help improve the experience either). Last I checked Noel's was all over the place in KotOR and New Vegas *cough*BOONE*cough*(and Skyrim...).

Originally Posted by silvergol

Bad Storyline!
    I agree. What's their problem anyway. Hundreds people andthey cannot come up with a decent one?

Based on the books I've read in college so far, there is no such thing as a perfect story. Also FF storylines are still better than any storyline from Family Guy nowadays.

Hi, actually i am very pleased by the way squarenix are giving us awesome and beautiful hd remakes from the ps2 era of FF titles and Kingdom Hearts also. I am also very excited that FFXIV is being reborned in virtually all its aspects, by the way thank you so much Naoki Yoshida! the storyline is very intriguing for me too. I was looking at the new bestiary FFXIV will offer with awesome FF creatures that looks really challenging. I still haven't finished FFXIII-2 for its... I don't know it is cool i love time travel stuff but there's something missing on the XIII saga. I understand you very well. I mean, at least, let's see the bright side for now.[img]/tools/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/img/smiley-smile.gif[/img]

the newer games story line could be done better.but my issue with the newer games there feeling less like rpgs and more action type game almost like cod set in fantasy like setting. plus i found ff 13 was to hard to play mainly at boss battles.i liked the story for it but the game play was just frustrating and made me quit a lot. i`m still at the end boss in 13 and i tried it 8 times and lost.i`m taking a break from it. and as for13-2 i liked it a lot better the story for it ws pretty good and they make the game easyier though and i managed to beat it though.i think they need to make a ff game with some of the old rpg elements from the older games.such as open world,bringing back amour,helmets,to equip,bring back the defense stat,magic defense.etcc...

Page 11 of 15 First First ... 789101112131415 Last