Thread: It's been a while, but I'm back with a sweet ride!

It's been a while, but I'm back with a sweet ride!

Hello all! Good to see the same regulars around.

Anyway, I've been insanely busy with two new jobs in the last 2 months (I left one for the other). But during that time, I bought the coolest car I've ever had.
    Check it out here.

And since I'm not actually in the car in these shots, I thought it inappropriate to post them in the community photo album.
    http://www.mindistortion.net/iwantyoursoul/?i_am=biteme69

Thumbs Up Very nice

Nice Car hippiechk
    Do you not feel with all your soul how we have become like gods? And as such, are we not indivisible? As long as a single one of us stands, we are legion.~Kain

Yeah that is quite sweet.

Wink What, no Cobra?!

Congrats on the new car, Hippiechk! Since I do believe that's a GT, I assume it's sporting Ford's 4.6 liter modular V8. I've never been a Ford person, but with the demise of GM's F-bodies, the Mustang is looking better all the time.
    "Locked! What a love of rules these pathetic moderators have"

Thumbs Up

Cool car, hippiechk.

Thumbs Up

Wow, very nice. Congrats, hippiechk.
    I always was considered heartless.....
    http://sigstressumah.members.easyspace.com/anda.jpg

Big Grin

Thanks all! I really do love it.

And Watcher, yes, it is a GT with a 4.6 V8. (A serious ouch with these current gas prices! $40 to fill a 15 gallon tank!) It also has almost every option. There were no Cobra's available. And since I spent three months with no wheels at all, and got a job, I couldn't afford to wait for one. I am truly thrilled with this one.

Nice car, a person from my school has better though. Of course, he completely fitted it out with custom parts (exterior and interior, engine and other such parts included.. he even got neons! ) and spent ALOT of money on it. (he even showed me his NO2 coppartment complete with filled nitro tanks and the button on his stearing wheel (which I was REALY compelled to push )) He also has huge sterio speakers where the back seats used to be that are pretty much loud enough to strip the paint and break the windows of any car close to it (not litraly of course but )

But still, for a stock car, that pretty darn cool hippiechk

now start customising it!

Thats rather spooky, I start driving lessons tomorrow!

(Rather worried I'll like, crash or kill someone.. but nevermind..)

But yeah! Thats one rockin' car!

Blue Ovals......

Congrats on the Mustang, hippiechk. I recently bought one myself.(Not a GT. Firestone does not pay me enough to feed that Crown Vic motor, not even close.) Yikes, you are going to cry when you price tires for that one too. 245/55ZR17's are NOT cheap. Email me when you need some skins, I'll see if I can get you a reasonable quote.

awesome car! I wish mine was that good, but I'm still stuck with this crap-tacular Buick. However, I'm planning on getting a new car sometime later this year. You need to get some pics with you in it though.

Thumbs Up

Yay hippie's back! Haven't seen you in a long time! Love the car - awesome ride.

Wish I could get a car. Can't afford the gas or insurance. The lack of a license doesn't help, either.

Big Grin Thanks again!

Originally posted by Cloud_Hiro
    Nice car, a person from my school has better though…
    …But still, for a stock car, that pretty darn cool hippiechk
    Nitro!? Yikes! No thanks. But I can certainly understand how you may have been tempted and seduced by the button.

And all that stuff you mentioned would really be cool for my car… IF I was 20 again. Let's face it. I'm a 36 y/o mom. =/ This car is already as cool as it's gonna get. No, it's not perfect. But I'm perfectly satisfied with the factory stock and options. It is cool. And it's fun! Besides, the Mach 460 stereo w/ 6 speakers is enough to peel the paint off other cars that just happen to be nearby. =P

I really love ticking off other drivers while stopped at a red light with the top down and the stereo cranked with (this week it's been) some Velvet Revolver. It's funny. People pull up close to check it out. Then they are repulsed by the sounds of loud metal. I love that!

Originally posted by Omega
    Thats rather spooky, I start driving lessons tomorrow!
    (Rather worried I'll like, crash or kill someone.. but nevermind..)
    But yeah! Thats one rockin' car!
    Thanks! Good luck with the lessons. I'm sure you'll do just fine. Make sure you let us know how you make out, okay?

Angel of Music - Got any pics of your Pony? I'd love to see it! And you work for Firstone, eh? I know it won't be cheap to replace these tires. And I don't need any right now. But thanks for the offer. I just may take you up on that when the time comes.

Originally posted by GawdDawgs
    You need to get some pics with you in it though.
    Yeah, I'm working on that. Hopefully, soon.

Originally posted by Apocrypha Roxy
    Yay hippie's back! Haven't seen you in a long time! Love the car - awesome ride.
    Hey Roxy! Awww, I missed you too! Thanks!

Smile you go mommy!

Sweet. Good luck. Here's some change.

Let me assure you, you won't be able to beat my price on the tires. At least, not likely. Just holler at me when you get ready. We sold a set of comparable tires on an '01 Trans Am Friday, to the tune of about $800. Paying retail hurts, no?

-tosses a dime on the floor of hippie's new car for good luck-

Vrooooooooooooooommm!!!!

Woo!

personally...I'm a bigger fan of the Shelby series...but still...I love Mustangs and therefore...I envy you!...

do a burnout for me!

Big Grin

Hell yeah $800 hurts! But that's actually better than I expected.

*burns out with screeching tires*

Can you smell the rubber burning?

Hey, thanks for the good luck change!
    Must be a regional thing, if ya know what I mean. I don't think people in other parts do that.

Big Grin

-throws change everywhere in Hippie's smokin' new ride-

Money money money moooooooonnnnneeeeeeeeeeeyyyyyyyy!!! *Money!*

Hey Hippie

Nice!

Guess who can now post here again now that he has an actual PC instead of Dreamcast

Big Grin

that's cool but my pony is still cooler cuz its a mint condition '72 and supped up boyand the point of fast!!! But its still one hell of a nice ride you got there.

Melchiah, thank you.
    It's good to see you here!

Phantom - a mint '72 sure is nice! Got pics? Is it a Mach I? Coupe? Convertible? Fastback? Details please.

I like all Pony's from the 60's, 70's, 90's and todays latest. But I hate the look of the 80's models. Sure, they perform. But they're ugly as sin!

Has anyone seen the proto types for 2005? They are going with a retro look reminicent of the '65 (actually '64 1/2 since it was introduced in April instead of September). It's nice, but I like my '01 better.

well here are some of the details...

Well my pony is a mint condition candyapple Red 1972 mustang grande' hardtop,real leather interior, original am radio, room for four, original rims, clock(need to set it), 351-2v cleveland engine(Roars!!!) and as for the mods, i put in a new twin turbo, better fuel injection/intake system, Radio(installed in the glove box,and plus, am just doesnt cut it in a car like that), new 6x9 speakers (that is the biggest i dared to put in), couple woofers in the trunk along with an amp, better tires, WAYbetter brakes(when your goin fast you wanna be able to stop fast too or else SMASH), and that is about all i WANTED to put in! So there are the details, happy

Well, that's definitely a cool car! But convertibles are cooler.

My engine is smaller at 287 hp, 4.6L V8. But man, it still roars! Even in idle.
    No CD player? Gotta get with times, man!

Be'Lakor Guest
    nice car hippiechk (carnt wait till i can start learning 2 drive)