Thread: Thief: Deadly Shadows Tweak Guide @ TweakGuides.com

Thief: Deadly Shadows Tweak Guide @ TweakGuides.com

Thief: Deadly Shadows Tweak Guide @ TweakGuides.com

Hi guys, my name is Koroush Ghazi, and I've released a:

Thief: Deadly Shadows Tweak Guide

at my site Tweakguides.com. It contains descriptions of all the settings, along with performance and visual quality impacts, and all the major .ini file tweaks. Check it out.

Cheers,
    Koroush

awesome! thanks

Thx Dude I love your XP optimization guides, ill definitely give this a read

Thanks guys, let me know what you think.

By the way, some people have pointed out to me that the "Light Cutoff" setting increases in quality the further left you take the slider. This is mentioned in the readme.rtf file and in other sources. However in my guide I mention the other way around the reason being if you look at the Default.ini file, at the bottom in the sections entitled

[VideoOptionsDefaultLow]
    [VideoOptionsDefaultMedium]
    [VideoOptionsDefaultHigh]

The LightCutoff value increases the higher the spec of the machine.

So for [VideoOptionsDefaultHigh]
    its:

Resolution=2
    ShadowDetail=25
    Bloom=1
    LightCutoff=25
    MultiSampling=1
    LOD=25
    UseLowResTextures=0

Now go to your options.ini and look at the Lightcutoff value when the slider is far left - it's 0. So that's why far right is the best setting for lightcutoff

Nice job.

I sure hope you'll be able to add to the Fan Missions section eventually.

Thanks. I'm pretty sure one way or another Fan Missions will come out for this game. I'll update on the best ones in the guide, as I've always done in my other guides

That tweak guide was well done, it will provide lots of useful information to people who may well never find these forums. Also, it's written so that people who don't really know much will be able to understand it.

The only thing I disagreed with was your personal recommendation to have bloom enabled. I think bloom looks like crap... but I suppose it's a matter of taste.

Originally posted by chris20202
    The only thing I disagreed with was your personal recommendation to have bloom enabled. I think bloom looks like crap... but I suppose it's a matter of taste.
    Bloom DOES look like crap, I think from the poll here http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthr...threadid=38634 that 65% of people would agree.

Yeah, I guess it can look pretty bad to some people, but it kind of provides cheap antialiasing vs the more performance-hogging Multisampling option.

In any case as you can see I write my guides to allow people to make their own minds up, so I don't just tell people to turn it on. I think people will experiment and make their own minds up (hopefully)

bumpity-bump-bump

took me over an hour to find this post

great work, much appreciated. The manual doesn't give much detail on MOST of the settings. (actually...I found it to be pretty worthless)

Off to stab that first guy in the neck a few more times (sweet), tweak a bit more, then have at this game.

cheers

I've completed the game about twice now and wonder, does anyone know of a patch or tweak to increase the amount of money garett has? Also do any patches or tweaks exist to acquire more than the normal quota of weapons and ammo?