Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Thread: FFXIV Q and A: Early Access and Launch

FFXIV Q and A: Early Access and Launch

FFXIV Q and A: Early Access and Launch

Alright, hello everyone! I am here to answer some common concerns when it comes to this Final Fantasy XIV Early Access and Launch situation! I'll attempt to make this as comprehensive as I can so people will be able to get their issues resolved, please bare with me as this is going to be a long message!

First, the whole Early Access Code situation! If you are in NA or EU, I advise the first thing you do is check your email, including your Spam folders! Also, specifically for NA customers, check the emails they sent you AFTER purchasing if you used the Square Enix store for a section called "Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn Pre-Order Bonus Package" underneath it will be a code, 18 digits in a 6 Letter- 3 Number- 6 Letter- 3 Number format. For example ABCDEF-123-ABCDEF-123. Once you receive this 18 digit code you will register the code at http://preorder.na.finalfantasyxiv.com Also, to prevent later complications, you will need to also create an account here: https://secure.square-enix.com/account as this account you're using for the forums is SEPARATE from the account you will be attaching the 20 digit PC/12 digit PSN code to!

EU Customers will get the 20 digit account code directly sent to them if they ordered through the Square Enix store, which you can enter on your first log in on the PC and the 12 digit code needed that you can enter into the PSN for PS3 pre-orders. EU users will also want to set up an account at https://secure.square-enix.com/account (it should automatically direct you to your region's account log in and creation site). EU Customers that did NOT Pre-Order through the Square Enix Store will also receive an 18 digit code which you can redeem for your second code here: http://preorder.eu.finalfantasyxiv.com

Also, due to the merger of the NA and EU Members Websites causing some issues with accessing the appropriate region store, here are the links to the stores for EU and NA regions!

NA Customers: http://store.na.square-enix.com/stor...isplayHomePage
    EU Customers: https://store.eu.square-enix.com/emea_europe/

If you have not received your code and you are an NA customer, contact Digital River customer support via this phone number 1-952-253-1234, they are the ones that handle all of the NA Square Enix store transactions and will be able to supply you with a code, the most common error related to this is the email address you registered rejecting the emails for some reason!

UPDATE: The Official English Twitter account has updated that invalid code error due to regions has been RESOLVED and are advising people to input their codes again at the pre-order code redemption sites! Here are the links again for everyone:

NA: http://preorder.na.finalfantasy.com
    EU: http://preorder.eu.finalfantasy.com

EU Customers please call your local Square Enix branch Customer Support service directly, to prevent confusion as I am an NA user, I am not supplying phone numbers due to not knowing them! You will be able to find it with a quick Google (or other search engine) search by typing in the "Square Enix Customer Support Phone" and finding your regions!

After Redeeming the 18 digit Pre-Order code for either the 20 Digit PC code or the 12 Digit PSN code, should you run into issues related to receiving a code for the wrong region, you will want to contact your local Square Enix Customer Support. The NA number for this is 1-310-846-0345.

Once you get everything installed, if you run into issues with launching the Final Fantasy XIV program on your PC, make sure you have either uninstalled or disabled your anti-virus COMPLETELY as there have been issues with certain anti-virus programs preventing the Launcher from updating.

To people that played version 1.0. You will be able to play the game at LAUNCH, not Early Access, for free until September 9th, at which point you will be required to pay to play. You will not have to buy the actual game again, unless you wish to play on the PS3, which will then grant you an additional 30 days of free play once you register the game to your Service Account at https://secure.square-enix.com/account Account related services in regards to Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn will be transferred to the Mog Station website either on Launch Day or SHORTLY after. The Mog Station is set up to consolidate the Final Fantasy XIV account service actions to one place in order to make it easier to work with rather than confusing like it currently is.

1.0 Players that achieved Legacy Status by paying for 90 days for game time starting from January 2012 (give a month or so) until payment and registration services shut down in September 2012 will be granted Early Access AND are able to play free until September 9th, along with the Legacy Chocobo bonus. Legacy Account holders will NOT be receiving any of the other Pre-Order bonuses (the Moogle Cap and Cait Sith minion) physical, or digital unless they have pre-ordered another copy of the game.

1.0 Collector's Edition owners will receive the Final Fantasy XIV A Realm Reborn Collector's Edition items as long as they have registered the 1.0 Onion Knight Helm code that was found in the Collector's Edition packaging. You may register this code after launch to receive the A Realm Reborn Collector's Edition items.

1.0 Owners that never registered their products may do so after launch. You will not receive any of the bonuses however, unless you were a Collector's Edition owner. You will still receive the 30 days of Free Play time once your product is registered.

For people getting errors related to logging into the game, on both PS3 and PC related to their not being a valid service account on the account you're logging in with. This error is related to you not having participated in the Open Beta, and I would recommend calling your local Square Enix customer service to see if this issue will prevent logging in during Early Access and to get the issue resolved.

For people getting errors related to trying to log into the Official Final Fantasy XIV Lodestone Forums (not this one) saying that there is no character data, that is also related to not participating in the Open Beta and will be resolved if you play again during Early Access or Launch. To my knowledge, characters solely created in the Open Beta, without having a previous 1.0 Service Account, will be unable to log in. Once you successfully log into the Final Fantasy XIV Lodestone Forums, you will be given a list of your characters to select as your main character (the character that is shown as the picture and has their details listed to the left of your posts) You will need to click the star in the upper left corner of the Character Portrait of the one you wish to designate as your main character. This will allow you access to post in the Forums. I suggest choosing the character with the Highest level that you currently have as there are posting and thread creation restrictions tied to the levels of characters!

For people that are wondering when early access starts, it will start at 2 a.m. PDT/3 a.m. MST/4 a.m. CDT/5 a.m. EDT/9 a.m GMT August 24th. You can also check here for a countdown clock (in the upper left corner of the page) to know how many hours until Early Access is available: http://arrstatus.com

If you have any other questions, or feel I missed something (there is a lot of information I've gathered these past couple days so it's hard to keep track of it all) then feel free to either send me a PM on this website OR comment with your questions/concerns below! I will do my best to reply to as many as I possibly can! (I am unfortunately busy today so my response times MAY be slow!)

EDIT: For those that are curious, here are the pricing models for subscriptions to the game! I'm providing both the EU and NA model links! They will be the second section on the Pricing/Platforms page if it doesn't automatically send you there! Hope this helps answer some questions!

NA: http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/product/index.html
    EU: http://eu.finalfantasyxiv.com/en/product/index.html

I hope this helps everyone and I'll see you all in Eorzea!
    Last edited by Mashr2010; 24th Aug 2013 at 04:12. Reason: Pricing models!

Thanks everyone should read this, cant have anymore help then provided here.

Thanks, Mashr! You too, Mallust!
    Both of you have been doing a great job helping people figure out issues here!

Don't like bumping but I want to make sure this thread stays visible! Again, if anyone has any questions feel free to ask away and I'll attempt to address them in my original post!

Hoping the silence in regards to this thread means people are getting their issues solved

bump

Ok, so I ordered the pc online download version of FFXIV, got my code immediately after and did nothing with it for about a week and a half. When I try to input the first code to get the second one, the screen gets stuck at the 'Working. Please Wait' screen, like it's trying, but it never goes through. No error message, nothing. I've put in a ticket, but it's been a day and a half, no response.

Close the window and try again?
    The servers might still be congested and acting slowly.

I have been, and will continue to do so, but it's been the same response for a day now, with regular checking. My main concern is, is this a common problem that a lot of people are having? I see a bunch of people with error messages, but I don't even get that. I haven't gotten in contact with anybody from SE, so I don't even know if they maybe sent me a EU code (I'm NA) and they never helped me replace it or what. I haven't gotten an email from them since I bought the game and made an account here.

Great post! SE should cut u a check for ur time and work^^

Great thread to answer questions but mine still hasn't gotten a good response. Everything was going great this morning then I went to enter the early access code and it said it had already been redeemed. Game shows on my account but my early access code I received in my email is not working.

many thanks for the effort to compile all the helpful information..

unfortunately; my code still does not work. i am still getting a EU code after entering the 18 digit code

Originally Posted by Orphenus
    Great thread to answer questions but mine still hasn't gotten a good response. Everything was going great this morning then I went to enter the early access code and it said it had already been redeemed. Game shows on my account but my early access code I received in my email is not working.
    This is an issue you will have to call your regions Square Enix support center for. It has happened to a few people and that's the only thing that can really fix it. Apologies for not being able to help more!

Originally Posted by Oogabear
    many thanks for the effort to compile all the helpful information..

unfortunately; my code still does not work. i am still getting a EU code after entering the 18 digit code
    A quick question, have you tried inputting it or does it just look the same? Also, if it's still saying invalid region then I suggest calling Square Enix as soon as you can to attempt to get this fixed, I posted their Customer Support number in my original post. Sorry I can't help you further, I am just stopping by this thread on my way out of the house again >_>

Greetings, Mellust.

I had read your post, regarding the details for each and every aspect upon getting the full extent of the game we've purchased. I do happen to have two concerns that I wish to bring to your attention and hopefully can be answered. Granted, I realize that more than enough information has been provided here but there are at least 1 to 2 answers that I don't fully grasp and I'm hoping you can provide the specifics. The first concern I have is about the Collector's Edition Items. I did indeed purchased the Collector's Edition and it was done in the PSN Shop of course. My first concern is when and how will I know if I truly got the items that came with the purchase? In other words...where would I need to look to know for sure that my character receives them? I know this first question may seem a bit newbish but regardless, I need to know since I missed my chance to play the beta from the 16th and am curious if I'll get the contents during either this coming early access beta or will have to wait for the official release, you know?

My second concern relates to the statement you made here...

1.0 Collector's Edition owners will receive the Final Fantasy XIV A Realm Reborn Collector's Edition items as long as they have registered the 1.0 Onion Knight Helm code that was found in the Collector's Edition packaging. You may register this code after launch to receive the A Realm Reborn Collector's Edition items.
    The sentence in bulk truly had me concerned because when I purchased the Collector's Edition, there was no such "Onion Knight Helm" code sent to me, let alone found anywhere after purchase. Does this code, that you speak of, only apply to PC users or perhaps for those who bought the physical case via copies or does it also apply to PS3 users that bought the digital version as well? If it applies to PS3 users, I would like to know why I have not received anything after the purchase, let alone any confirmation if my items will be in the game...

The worst part of all this is that I only have today left before the open beta launches tomorrow. That said, I want to at least be prepared. Does purchasing the Collector's Edition in a PSN store simply apply all the contents that are already in the system or do I still NEED a voucher code? I hope you can get back to me before the end of Friday. Thank you for your time.

Originally Posted by Kianos
    Greetings, Mellust.

I had read your post, regarding the details for each and every aspect upon getting the full extent of the game we've purchased. I do happen to have two concerns that I wish to bring to your attention and hopefully can be answered. Granted, I realize that more than enough information has been provided here but there are at least 1 to 2 answers that I don't fully grasp and I'm hoping you can provide the specifics. The first concern I have is about the Collector's Edition Items. I did indeed purchased the Collector's Edition and it was done in the PSN Shop of course. My first concern is when and how will I know if I truly got the items that came with the purchase? In other words...where would I need to look to know for sure that my character receives them? I know this first question may seem a bit newbish but regardless, I need to know since I missed my chance to play the beta from the 16th and am curious if I'll get the contents during either this coming early access beta or will have to wait for the official release, you know?

My second concern relates to the statement you made here...

The sentence in bulk truly had me concerned because when I purchased the Collector's Edition, there was no such "Onion Knight Helm" code sent to me, let alone found anywhere after purchase. Does this code, that you speak of, only apply to PC users or perhaps for those who bought the physical case via copies or does it also apply to PS3 users that bought the digital version as well? If it applies to PS3 users, I would like to know why I have not received anything after the purchase, let alone any confirmation if my items will be in the game...

The worst part of all this is that I only have today left before the open beta launches tomorrow. That said, I want to at least be prepared. Does purchasing the Collector's Edition in a PSN store simply apply all the contents that are already in the system or do I still NEED a voucher code? I hope you can get back to me before the end of Friday. Thank you for your time.
    I'm happy to help, don't worry about asking questions!

First, the Pre-Order bonus items will be on the Delivery Moogles that you will find in various towns and outposts throughout the game. You will also find one in each of the starting cities! Talk to them and they will have mail for your character which will contain the Pre-Order bonus items!

Second, that statement only pertains to people that bought the original games Collector's Edition! Since, based on what you said, I'm assuming you bought the PS3 Digital Collector's Edition, you will either receive a code through you PSN account (to either the email associated with it or directly to your messages on the system) or it will possibly automatically register a Collector's Edition bonus to your account. The Collector's Edition items will also be delivered via the Delivery Moogle in game, and will be able to be picked up on the 27th!

If you have any other questions, or I didn't answer your original questions fully, let me know! I'll be checking this thread again when I get back home in a few hours!

Thank you so much, Mash. This was EXTREMELY helpful. I greatly appreciate it and am relieved to finally get confirmation on this. The very curiosity was haunting me all week and I was simply too swamped with work to find the time to ask my questions until now. So again, thank you so much, Mash. You're awesome!

The only confirmation we are getting that our bonus items have been entered into the system is when you link accounts. If you have a PC account and then log in an Early Access code on PSN a pop-up window asks if you would like to link accounts. If you say yes, then a window shows a list of bonus items you are getting. There is no other confirmation yet.

Originally Posted by Mashr2010
    A quick question, have you tried inputting it or does it just look the same? Also, if it's still saying invalid region then I suggest calling Square Enix as soon as you can to attempt to get this fixed, I posted their Customer Support number in my original post. Sorry I can't help you further, I am just stopping by this thread on my way out of the house again >_>
    I have tried inputting multiple times; the reason why I did that was because of the tweet from FFXIV - but still i am getting the EU code.

No worries, it is not your fault. I am not alone though; there are others with same problem

This thread was very helpfull, thanks. I Still have a doubt if anyone could answer me:
    I have done the entire registration process, 18 digit code, 20 digit code, updated my client today (was able to log in the launcher without any problems) but i wonder about this, i can see my game registered on http://na.square-enix.com/us/ , but in https://secure.square-enix.com/accou...n?cont=account theres nothing in there, only a final fantasy 14 that was registered on jun 28 2013 during beta, isnt that weird? Its like the 20 digit code wasnt registered there! Is this how it should be?

Nice post, but doesn't help me one bit.

I had an existing NA account from FFXI era. Pre-ordered Collectors edition here in Australia, and applied the pre-order code August 18th. Never received a second code from SE at all.
    Went to see what was up with that and see if I could get the code and logged into my account through the redemption link. It automatically took me to the EU site.
    The first inkling I had that something was up was that it was asking me account details that should already have been there. Put those in and try to get to my copy of FFXIV and it says I have no games attached to my account. So I open the launcher, log in and sure enough it tells me I don't have a copy of FFXIV attached to my account.
    So I go back and this time log in through "account.square-enix.com" which takes me to the NA site. And there clear as day is my copy of FFXIV.

What has happened is Square Enix have created duplicate accounts (same email/password) and attached my game to the wrong one. Leaving me with no game on the one I need it to be on (my EU one).
    And I cannot get Customer Support at all to even start getting this fixed.

After looking around a lot, it seems there is a number of people in my position. Accounts duplicated because of the EU/NA thing, and game on the wrong account.

I preorder for ps3 and still no code and it ask for one

Thank you for the information.
    Just wanted to pat you folks on the back. I had no difficulties at all. Registration was a breeze.
    I'm sure tonight is going to be an all nighter. Thank you all for working so hard.
    Maybe see some of you in game.

I still don't get the code, are there any other ways to contact Digital river blah blah blah, to get the code? I'm not comfortable with telephone

Originally Posted by Stormvanguard
    I still don't get the code, are there any other ways to contact Digital river blah blah blah, to get the code? I'm not comfortable with telephone
    You can only contact Digital River by phone or use this site and try if your in North America if in Europe no clue.
    https://www.findmyorder.com/sstore?A...r&Locale=en_US

bump, this stuff at top is good info.

Page 1 of 3 123 Last