Thread: FFXIV: Login Issues

FFXIV: Login Issues

  1. #876
    you have to purchase it again from the playstation network I had that issue earlier. It seems the version downloaded was not unlocked so basically you are getting the key

  2. #877
    Originally Posted by Keemboy
    you have to purchase it again from the playstation network I had that issue earlier. It seems the version downloaded was not unlocked so basically you are getting the key
    I saw the notice this morning and that's what I did. Still having the problem though.

  3. #878
    I also had that problem before I completely erased the phase 1 client and downloaded new from playstation network. Don't know if it would work but anything to play the game right?

  4. #879
    Originally Posted by Keemboy
    I also had that problem before I completely erased the phase 1 client and downloaded new from playstation network. Don't know if it would work but anything to play the game right?
    I deleted the phase one client when I couldn't get onto a server when making my character xD I don't have it. Iuno... I just wanna play teh game. What worries me though is that if I buy the PS4 game when it comes out am I gonna spend $40 and have this issue and waste that money ya know?

  5. #880
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Ipswich (UK)
    Posts
    924
    The log on details will not always be the same as your username/password for this website. You need to have created a Square-Enix account ID via this website https://secure.square-enix.com/accou...n?cont=account which is the account details you need to log in to FFXIV. You also don't need the 'One-Time Password', this is only for people that have the SE security token (physical or software tokens), just leave this field blank.

  6. #881
    Ok so... my square id is not the same as the id in the beta client. how do i change that?!

  7. #882
    What is really pathetic is somehow my account is already linked I assume to the Beta phase 1 information. I tossed that out and created a whole new account for the phase 2 I have ni idea what the hell my phase one information is because none of the chars was going to be the same. So here I am stuck on guess my password? Fix this asap Enix or I will cancel my account. My PSN should not be attached due to a beat none saved bs I have no idea what my password was!

  8. #883
    Originally Posted by Jenpants
    Ok so... my square id is not the same as the id in the beta client. how do i change that?!
    yeah I like to know too since I was told the whole phase one part was gonna be scrapped.

  9. #884
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Ipswich (UK)
    Posts
    924
    If you have previously created a SE ID then try logging in to the website I linked above, it will display your username on there and you can try resetting your password. If the client is prepopulating a username and it's not correct you may have to delete any game data/save data you currently have and then try again, not sure on the file structure on the PS4 but on the PS3 you have the save data folder and then all the Data utility where updates etc are stored.

  10. #885
    Originally Posted by Hippy_Pickle
    If you have previously created a SE ID then try logging in to the website I linked above, it will display your username on there and you can try resetting your password. If the client is prepopulating a username and it's not correct you may have to delete any game data/save data you currently have and then try again, not sure on the file structure on the PS4 but on the PS3 you have the save data folder and then all the Data utility where updates etc are stored.
    I did that. Deleted all info and saves on this game. It's still giving me the other username...

  11. #886
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Ipswich (UK)
    Posts
    924
    can you log in to https://secure.square-enix.com/accou...n?cont=account with that username it displays?

  12. #887
    no. i tried and now i can't log back in with the existing username... this is lame. i'm sad. i give up.

  13. #888
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Ipswich (UK)
    Posts
    924
    I can totally understand the frustration as a lot of log in issues happened when the game first launched because SE didn't seemed to be fully prepared for the surge of people wanting to play. I imagine the servers are taking a beating with nearly everyone with a PS4 now also trying to log in. I've just had a look over at the Developer forums 'The Lodestone' and there are a lot of people having similar log in issues with the beta.

    Sorry I can't help further, only other thing I could suggest would be creating a new PSN ID and trying to link that to a SE account but once you do that would be the only PSN username you'd be able to play under

    All I'd say is go grab a beer (or non alcoholic beverage if you're under age ) and try again later, the game is certainly worth it IMO. Hope you can get online soon.

  14. #889
    Originally Posted by Hippy_Pickle
    I can totally understand the frustration as a lot of log in issues happened when the game first launched because SE didn't seemed to be fully prepared for the surge of people wanting to play. I imagine the servers are taking a beating with nearly everyone with a PS4 now also trying to log in. I've just had a look over at the Developer forums 'The Lodestone' and there are a lot of people having similar log in issues with the beta.

    Sorry I can't help further, only other thing I could suggest would be creating a new PSN ID and trying to link that to a SE account but once you do that would be the only PSN username you'd be able to play under

    All I'd say is go grab a beer (or non alcoholic beverage if you're under age ) and try again later, the game is certainly worth it IMO. Hope you can get online soon.
    I tried to create an entire new account so I could log in and linked that account to no avail. Seriously this is Hellgate: London level of ineptitude. If I don't get on before I log for the day I will cancel my purchase and spend it on something else ESO. I don't need this. This is so far the worse experience I ever had to deal with and I was in WoW the first day it came out and got one month and 18 days of additional playtime for the issues. Even THEN people could log on the servers. sure you could not DO anything but this is insane to have my account locked from a beta that had all my chars destroyed. My information should have been destroyed as well. It was not going to be used and was a throw away account.

  15. #890
    Ok guys I did some testing around. I got it working in a work around scenario.
    Ok my original account for whatever reason is still attached to my throw away I used for the original test that I thought wouldn't matter because it wasn't going to be live it was just for test. Guess what? Yeah I'm screwed.....

    BUT WAIT! I created a alt account on PSN and created an all new Square Enix account but once that was done and I tried to log in? still nothing.. what the heck? Well here is the big your boned maneuver compliments of Square Enix. I am gonna make up a name and number let's call it that I log in as Pokemon007 well guess what that is NOT the idea you log in with.. ohhh noes... when you first create your account there is an ID that seemingly ONLY works for linking because it was called Pokemon0.

    yeah... ya heard me Pokemon0 and NOT the moniker we log on every time with. So it's not your passwords but this unique Id that is given to you apon first completion that is otherwise completely worthless.. except fro something like this. So you are all screwed unless you unlink. (good luck) and relink and pay attention to the unique ID unless they fix it so you can use your actual ID. So I have to play this game on a separate account because they have no clue what they are doing.

    Why do we have to find the solutions and work around and not get paid for this?

  16. #891

    Exclamation Workaround for Login Issue (fix this ASAP)

    Ok guys I did some testing around. I got it working in a work around scenario.
    Ok my original account for whatever reason is still attached to my throw away I used for the original test that I thought wouldn't matter because it wasn't going to be live it was just for test. Guess what? Yeah I'm screwed.....

    BUT WAIT! I created a alt account on PSN and created an all new Square Enix account but once that was done and I tried to log in? still nothing.. what the heck? Well here is the big your boned maneuver compliments of Square Enix. I am gonna make up a name and number let's call it that I log in as Pokemon007 well guess what that is NOT the ID you log in with.. ohhh noes... when you first create your account there is an ID that seemingly ONLY works for linking because it was called Pokemon0.

    yeah... ya heard me Pokemon0 and NOT the moniker we log on every time with. So it's not your passwords but this unique Id that is given to you apon first completion that is otherwise completely worthless.. except fro something like this. So you are all screwed unless you unlink. (good luck) and relink and pay attention to the unique ID unless they fix it so you can use your actual ID. So I have to play this game on a separate account because they have no clue what they are doing.

    Why do we have to find the solutions and work around and not get paid for this?

    I hope this helps you guys out.

  17. #892
    Alright, I actually found the fix to this problem and posted it on another post but will do it here as well for anyone having this problem. First, you need to see if your PSN account is linked to your Square Enix account, if it is, you need to UNLINK it from the User Settings section of your profile, it's the third option down on the tabs on the left. You will then need to go into the game on your PS4 as if you are going to log in and click on the link on the lower right side of the screen that says something like "forgot log in name/password." You will be sent an email with a one time code that is good for an hour. Enter that code into the box on the PS4 and make a new password. This will fix the problem and let you log in.

    I will say this particular issue does not happen to everyone. I am guessing it must happen to those who have played BETA1 and linked or had their PSN account linked to their Square Enix account via this site. There was a message claiming to fix this problem by re-purchasing the game from the SOE store but I can say that did not fix the issue for me as it said I had already purchased the item and I even went as far as to delete and re-install three times using different methods, (from the PSN store via the PS4, via the SOE store via the site and back again to the PSN store via the system again to be sure.) and nothing worked for me except the fix I listed above. I have listed and submitted a ticket hoping they can look into and fix this problem but for now give what I said a try if you are having a problem.

  18. #893
    The problem I have with what you stated is that was a throw away account I don't even know how to get back into it. I just quickly filled it out and got in because I tho0ught with chars being erased nothing was permanent. That said right now I am completely screwed unless I can somehow get them to de link it for me since I am the owner of the PS4 being used. I have no idea what else to do but use the alt account because they screwed everything up.
    I mena it wasn't even live. This point I'll just play til ESO comes out since I seriously doubt they will be this big a hassle.

    Originally Posted by vilezombie
    Alright, I actually found the fix to this problem and posted it on another post but will do it here as well for anyone having this problem. First, you need to see if your PSN account is linked to your Square Enix account, if it is, you need to UNLINK it from the User Settings section of your profile, it's the third option down on the tabs on the left. You will then need to go into the game on your PS4 as if you are going to log in and click on the link on the lower right side of the screen that says something like "forgot log in name/password." You will be sent an email with a one time code that is good for an hour. Enter that code into the box on the PS4 and make a new password. This will fix the problem and let you log in.

    I will say this particular issue does not happen to everyone. I am guessing it must happen to those who have played BETA1 and linked or had their PSN account linked to their Square Enix account via this site. There was a message claiming to fix this problem by re-purchasing the game from the SOE store but I can say that did not fix the issue for me as it said I had already purchased the item and I even went as far as to delete and re-install three times using different methods, (from the PSN store via the PS4, via the SOE store via the site and back again to the PSN store via the system again to be sure.) and nothing worked for me except the fix I listed above. I have listed and submitted a ticket hoping they can look into and fix this problem but for now give what I said a try if you are having a problem.

  19. #894
    Ok this is formally Realmreaver92 basically they had to undo and then reattached to get my thing working which apparently ended up me being named this. Guys they are sooo messed up when comes to people from phase one it's nuts. Again however their chat support was SO much better than email.

    Again thank you guys for helping me out and getting it on my main account =)

  20. #895
    I have the same issue, I have all the original account data so know what the problem is.

    My screenname is Big-Spacker and this is what gets populated in the log-in screen, it will not let you change it, you can not select it or highlight it in any way, but this is not my unique login ID which is slightly different. So they populate the wrong information from your account to login with and give you no option to change it.

    I played beta1 but have never been on this site before, so problem must come from just having played the beta, you need to link accounts when you create them to login to beta1 if i remember correctly, I have now unlinked my account as suggested above, will now go and reset password for the 5th time today and see if it lets me login.

  21. #896
    I have now unlinked accounts and changed my password, and it will still not me login as it tells me ID or password is incorrect, I know the ID is incorrect, I can see the ID is incorrect, thats because you have populated my screenname into the box not my ID and there is no option to change that, getting very frustrated now.

  22. #897
    Looking at support option, support availble weekdays 9.00-18.00, so i work most days through those hours as well, awesome, so I can not get any support in the evenings when I want to play and I can not log in because they can not even code a simple feature to change your Login ID which has pre populated the wrong information from your account.
    I was really looking forward to this game but now I think I'll give up and wait for EOS and Destiny.

  23. #898
    ive tried every suggestion here but nothing works, it keeps telling me my info is wrong but im posting here so obviously its correct. And unlinking my account totally screwed me cause when i try to relink it im told i cant cause my PSN account may be incomplete. Its the same account that was linked prior so how is there a problem? Ive contacted support but nothing from them yet nor am i expecting anything since i never hear back from them when i submit a ticket.

  24. #899
    Guys use the chat support took the guy like 5 minutes after explaining to right things. =) least the guy in the morning was VERY capable and I am grateful to those 1st shift guys

  25. #900
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1
    This is really silly. The Square ID (account) and Square Membership appear to be two different accounts. Why would they do this?

Page 36 of 43 First First ... 26323334353637383940 ... Last

Tags for this Thread