Thread: Should Kingdom Hearts ended after the First game?

Should Kingdom Hearts ended after the First game?

Just to start off, I'm not bashing the games coming after KH1. I love all KH games and devotely buy them. That being said after the first game the story gets really crazy. We get this whole nobody plot, the unversed in bbs, etc. So the simple story of a boy taking down Malifecent and Ansem evolves into this long 7 game series. Was it necessary though?

Yes it was because it if left off after kh 1 we would have alot of angery fans and never know anything about the villian we faced in kh 1 and we would have never known what happens after you become a heartless, and we would never know what happened to Sora.

It was just the direction it took. I guess the first thing that really had this thought was the line,"The keyblade chooses it's master, and it chose you.", that Yuffie said in KH1. Then in BBS Ventus's heart goes into Sora so he got the ability from Ventus. It started to change things that were being established in the orginal game.

-.- huf......to be perfectly honest I hated the first game and number 2 makes more sense and I played them all to cut it short they all need eacher and not going to fight soneone on this again.

And yes it changed things but thats how it going to make sense of kh III

Originally Posted by DerekMaverick

It was just the direction it took. I guess the first thing that really had this thought was the line,"The keyblade chooses it's master, and it chose you.", that Yuffie said in KH1. Then in BBS Ventus's heart goes into Sora so he got the ability from Ventus. It started to change things that were being established in the orginal game.

Actually, Sora never got his keyblade wielding ability from Ven. Terra gave Riku the KK in BBS, remember? Then in KHI Sora took Riku's Keyblade from him at the beginning when Riku was slipping into the darkness. Sora's heart was so full of light (which, while aided by Ven's heart, would have happened without it) that the Kingdom Key, a Keyblade of the Light Realm, temporarily chose Sora over Riku. Later in the game at Hollow Bastion with the "My friends are my power!" speech the Kingdom Key permanently chose Sora because he had proven his heart was brighter even in his darkest time. Nomura said all of this in an interview back right after KHI (not the Terra and Ven stuff, but the rest of it). check out the KH Info Block (I posted a topic about it a while back) or try to find the topic I posted it in a day or two ago, I'm too lazy to find it again. I think it might have been in the SLACKERS!!!! topic in the GD forum.

I'm not trying to fight you on this Crimson King. Just simply stated my opinion and was curious on what others thought that's all.

@Basho

I never got BBS because I didn't have a psp so my knowledge was limited. Thanks though I didn't know about that interview, I'll definitly check it out! (Not trying to double post, your comment appeared on my screen right after I posted.)

I know just saying DerekMaverick but I'm just worried because 75% of kh fans will fight eacher for some reason trust me......

Originally Posted by Basho

Actually, Sora never got his keyblade wielding ability from Ven. Terra gave Riku the KK in BBS, remember? Then in KHI Sora took Riku's Keyblade from him at the beginning when Riku was slipping into the darkness. Sora's heart was so full of light (which, while aided by Ven's heart, would have happened without it) that the Kingdom Key, a Keyblade of the Light Realm, temporarily chose Sora over Riku. Later in the game at Hollow Bastion with the "My friends are my power!" speech the Kingdom Key permanently chose Sora because he had proven his heart was brighter even in his darkest time. Nomura said all of this in an interview back right after KHI (not the Terra and Ven stuff, but the rest of it). check out the KH Info Block (I posted a topic about it a while back) or try to find the topic I posted it in a day or two ago, I'm too lazy to find it again. I think it might have been in the SLACKERS!!!! topic in the GD forum.
    humph! he did not "take" it from him.

more spcificly. riku gave it up when he chose darkness over light.

Honestly, I thought Square missed out on a huge opportunity to explore more of Destiny Islands and Sora's life there in Chain of Memories. I mean, the main plot of that game was trying to determine if his memories of Destiny Islands were real or not. Rehashing the worlds from the first game wasn't very necessary, in my opinion. We could've found out how Sora and Riku met Kairi, what they're parents were like, what the other kids (Tidus, Wakka, Selphie) parents/homes were like. Heck, I wouldn't mind checking out the school they supposedly go to. And then Sora would have to fight the Heartless in his memories and in doing so it caused his memories to be contaminated, which would then allow Namine to manipulate them easier. I don't know. It could've been much more involving than it is, in my opinion.

I actually like Birth By Sleep very much because you got to explore more new worlds than just revisit old ones. (The only world rehash was Coliseum.) And I thought it was pretty fun and refreshing to play through the story in the perspective of different characters. Sort of felt I was playing 3 games for the price of one.

It feels like everything storywise just fell to crap in KH2 and even more so in the upcoming KH3D. I mean, Sora and Riku doing the Mark of Mastery test with the help of little bouncy creatures? C'mon, they have frickin' Keyblades! Why do they need to have monsters fight for them for something as big as the Mark of Mastery test? Makes them look like jokes compared to Aqua, Terra, and Ventus.

I really like the games without party members. And seeing Destiny Islands mainland would be cool.

It should have ended after the second.

I just wish it would have stayed more consistant to the original KH game instead of adding the nobody's and unversed and dream eaters. It's to convoluted for it's own good.

Regardless of opinions, the Kingdom Hearts series is far from over, and it's not going to end with Kingdom Hearts 3 either, there will be other games after that! But I think I've heard that Kingdom Hearts 3 will be the last of the Seeker of Darkness saga, thus the end of Sora's story. After 3, we may be playing as Ven or someone else with two other Disney classic characters. Do I think it should've ended with the first game? NO! Do I wish all KH games were solely on PlayStation 2, 3 and 4? YES! It irritated me that games with pieces of the story were ported on different consoles and handhelds!

In these 7 games, it explores the whole story of Sora, Birth by Sleep shows what happened before that, I can only assumed that all the Unverses were destroyed because you never hear about them outside BBS, so it's just Heartless, Nobodies and Dream Eaters. If there's a new star of the Kingdom Hearts series after Sora, we may very well have 7 more games exploring this new character's story and backgrounds....

As I said, it's far from over yet. And I don't think it should have ended with the first game because that would be a very sore cliffhanger, with fans wanting to know what happened to Riku and King Mickey, whether Sora manages to find them and would they both return home together? All of those questions would have gone unanswered and Square Enix would stop making money off of Kingdom Hearts after about five years if they ended it there, so they had to make more games in order to keep the money rolling in. It's not cheap to run a game-making business you know. They spend a lot of money making these games and they have to make a profit off of these games. True, they have Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest and all of that, but Kingdom Hearts is something unique, popular with Japan, USA and UK, If they can make money off of it, why end it at the first game? Not while they can make money off of the fanatic and not while fans are demanding for more, that's for sure!

What are you talking about? The story of Kingdom Hearts II was fantastic, it was way more sinister than the first Kingdom Hearts and is to this day my favourite KH game. Personally I'd like to say I want to see the series go on for a lot longer, but quite frankly every game after KHII has been awful, and if any more games will only further wreck the good name of Kingdom Hearts I'd be happy seeing them not make any more....This is why I'm hoping they'll prove me wrong with KHIII, if I even bother getting it.

Kingdom Hearts 3 will be the end of the Xehanort Saga, not the end of Sora's story.

after the Xehanort Saga ends... I hope they bundle it up lol. in one giant box set with the HD remakes and KH3...that would be awesome. that's all I ask for.

Just to start off, I'm not bashing the games coming after KH1. I love all KH games and devotely buy them. That being said after the first game the story gets really crazy. We get this whole nobody plot, the unversed in bbs, etc. So the simple story of a boy taking down Malifecent and Ansem evolves into this long 7 game series. Was it necessary though?
    I thought KH1 was by miles the best game of the series so a feel it has so much more story and was less childish. It had an artistic type feel to the cutscenes and a poignancy that all the game fail to reproduce. KH1 is a really amazing game and where KH go since diminish it's legacy a bit.

Kingdom Hearts 1 was the best but I am glad they kept it going as it deserved sequels.