Thread: FFXIV: Password Problems

FFXIV: Password Problems

have u checked that its all properly inserted and case sensitive? and just so you know the FFXI section is part of "FINAL FANTASY VII-XII Forums"

Rolleyes Software token!!

Something went bad,i use token digits for login ,but its shows as i entered it wrong.
    how i know its 1 time password thing>>when i log in at SE forums its see my ID and Password ,but when its asks for 1 time pw ..WRONG
    So remove it or fix ASAP

Firstly I can hardly understand what you're actually saying, so are you using the software token on a smartphone? Have you registered the token on the SE account management site? Is it FFXIV you're trying to log in to?

Finally demanding to get it removed or fixed on these forums is going to do nothing because there is no-one here that would be able to fix technical problems. This is just a publisher forum for discussing Square-Enix products and not a tech support forum.

Yes,its ff 14!!I did activation on SE,it was just fine at 1st day but after i log out/turn pc down and returned from work at next day, and try log in using token thing..ta- da wrong password msg. Then i try enter it at se forum ID ok, PW ok , token digits....wrong>> so duno why my phone shows wrong numbers

Very strange indeed, I'm afraid this sound like you may need to speak to customer services. I've done a bit of research and this kind of problem can be caused by people selecting a different language on the software token than what is setup on their accounts, for example having United States on account and selecting United Kingdom on app.

You can remove the software from your account by force (for those that can't log in at all or have lost phones), follow the details from the SE support page http://support.eu.square-enix.com/fa...in&id=612&la=2

Hope this helps

Need to get rid of my Software token

So I don't have access to my software token anymore (phone is broken) and I don't have my Emergency Removal Password. Can someone point me in the right direction and/or give me a number for customer service because I cant't seem to find it anywhere. Thanks

I wanted to play with another computer then have got a problem with restriction log in. It bocked me to log in so I tried to reset my password.
    I received a mail to update my password by clicking the following URL: https://secure.square-enix.com/accou...19b97b7f084dbd
    I typed a new password, birthday, and secret question but it asked for one-time password. I used my Token(from version 1.0) but it didn't work.It said "The entered password is invalid. Passwords composed of only alphabetic characters, only numbers, or only symbols cannot be used. Passwords including the same three characters in a row cannot be used."

My Token shows only 6 numbers, but why it said that only numbers cannot be used?????

- Can I reset password witout one-time password?
    - In case my Token did't work, how can I use my phone app for Token pw because i cannot log in for received registration pw? T_T
    Last edited by mungming; 20th Sep 2013 at 03:15.

confused and frustrated

Sooooo i download the game and apparently my password to my sq enix account is different from the one i login to the site with even with the same nickname and passwords... extremely confused flustered and about to punch my screen any help would be greatly appriciated.

Okay, what do you mean by "login to the site"? Which site are you referring to?

If you mean the Square Enix Account web site then it most definitely IS the same name and password you need to log into the game.

probleme de connection FFXIV

bonsoir,

voila j'ai acheter le jeu aujourd'hui
    j'ai suivi a la lettre les √©tapes √* suivre pour pouvoir y jouer.. (inscription a SE, code du boitier, cr√©ation de compte etc...)
    apr√®s le t√©l√©chargement de 2h -- je dois entrer mes donn√©, mais le message "mot de passe incorrecte" appara√ģt, j'ai essay√© de le changer a plusieurs reprise sans effet.
    je sais pus quoi faire HELP ME PLZ : Culte:
    Last edited by STARK991; 24th Sep 2013 at 17:57.

I am having the same problem. Why can I logon to the forum and complain about things, but I can't logon to the game client, download the game, or play it?

Also extremely confused and frustrated.

Same problem, no idea what's going on. And if that was annoying.. it doesn't compare to not being able to choose a server -.- [EU]

Never understood why SE thought it would be a great idea to have 3+ websites with separate log in names and passwords to register and play one stinkin' game. Way to go SE! I don't think its quite murky enough yet, I suggest you add an additional 3 websites that we must register with prior to purchasing the game. Maybe then it will be a true goat rope cluster F?

I have been gifted the game, but have to log in to mogstation, but it WILL NOT accept my square enix username/password, which i have changed to make sure its right. And the game client also wont accept my username/password so i cant put the game code in or download it. Really frustrated as my friends are downloading it already..

EDIT: Also cant log in to the support page, so im pretty much expecting a solution from here please.
    Last edited by LacticThirteens; 25th Sep 2013 at 00:20.

im trying to link my account and it tells me server not responding, then it tells me to go here sqex.to/x4w [11070] [500] well that does absolutlly nothing. please help i really want to play and have no idea why its not working.
    Last edited by firebird357; 26th Sep 2013 at 12:53.

same issue here. what are our chances now?

Same thing with me, just bought the digital collectors edition earlier today and can't access game.

i bought the digital copy but never receive the registration code from email

I've encountered the same problems. I finally rage-quit and re-installed the game on my PS3.

lost password

i lost my password and now i cant even use the *** password retrieval because apparently the answer to the secret question isnt enough they also want the fake random bull date of birth i entered because its none of their *** business. GG you squareenix.

If you're going to fill in fake answers that you won't remember, write them down somewhere. Not really SE's fault if they assumed you weren't going to lie about your birthdate.

Same as everyone else. They've charged me for the game, no registration code, can log in here but not the official site. Talk about ineptitude, for a silly game. Issuing stop payment in the morning.

I registers with sq enix using my steam acoount, but do not know what my sq enix id is, and it is definitely not my Steam information.. agree with comments above.. frustrating...

If I had to do it again, I would not buy this game on a weekend, especially until this particular issue is resolved. I feel it is currently an exercise in frustration and futility. I have, currently, 10 links saved as favorites in an attempt to decipher the game registration and login process. I've made it through all the challenges except to locate the illusive, alpha-numeric game code required to log on.

I've tested this with two credit cards and a debit card (I have begun issuing stop payments at this time). There have been an array of issues starting with the random addition of a numeric character to your, Enix name thus generating an error code when attempting to log in (you will find that buried in your first E-mail labeled, "Account registration complete"). Judging from the input on the message boards, that should save people a goodly amount of frustration.

The biggest issue could be a bug, but at this point is seems a great lack of communication. They do not have phone support at all (that I could find), and apparently no support on the weekends this close to launch(and this is what happens when there is none). The problem may be simple. I may have missed something, they may hold back sending codes out until after the weekend when they receive formal confirmation. Not sure on that but in my opinion, and what has been the standard that I've witnessed through a good amount of games over the years, is the log-in process equates to signing up with a credit card, receiving a confirmation e-mail, clicking a link to confirm, download and install game, enter alphanumeric code, play. This was a bit different. It was interesting playing around with it, but not when I'm looking forward to playing a game.

Hope that helps. Hope they get it fixed, but in light of a Hail Mary into the end-zone, I don't think I'll be back.
    Last edited by Blackardin; 29th Sep 2013 at 22:24.

Page 5 of 7 First First 1234567 Last