Thread: FFXIV: Password Problems

FFXIV: Password Problems

Software Token Key stopped working???

I really need help. I cannot login to the game anymore because it keeps saying my password is wrong. I checked my email because I went to reset my password because of it and I noticed an email there saying I had too many one-time password fail attempts (from me trying to keep logging in). I am using the Software Token app on my android phone. I've never had this problem before. I do not have my emergency removal key and cannot login to the SE Account Management to find it there because I need to login with the one time password for that too. I don't know what to do. It seems like one problem after another and I am really fed up and depressed with it all Please can someone help me. I have all the proof of purchase of the game, receipt, account creation, everything. I'm just so lost and its all confusing for me

*I didn't mention it above but I bought the Collectors edition of A realm reborn. (I have early access due to pre-ording) I've been playing the game most of the day but as soon as I logged out I've been having all these issues. I just want to get rid of the Software token key thing. I have the new one that came in the box of my CE and I'd be more than happy to use that to avoid this problem again.... Only this time ill be writing down the Emergency removal key, I should have done it in the beginning I know but I won't make that mistake now. I just want it fixed please. Its all so stressful

Can not access software token

Hi All,

I have just recently purchased Final Fantasy 14, however I am unable to register for the software token. I checked my account info and the game is in fact registered which I was able to do via the early access pre order code, however it is still telling me I can not access the feature until I have purchased and registered the game. Am I missing something, or is there some sort of latency with registration? Thanks for all your help!

Hi just an update: It has just worked out of the blue again, so weird! :S anyway Ive managed to take note of the emergency key removal now incase it happens in the future so I can remove it.

Can't access software token option

On the SE account management page. I go to the one time password tab and when i try to select the option to set up the software token nothing happens. it says below it "You are currently unable to use this service. The service will become available once you have purchased either FINAL FANTASY XI or FINAL FANTASY XIV and registered the accompanying registration code."

this makes no sense to me as i have registered the game already. it says so on the square enix website. FFXIV is registered to my SE account.

I am having this exact same problem. It's very annoying. Please can someone help. Customer service is slow.

error trying to purchasing anything on your official site

hey ive been trying to purchase FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn for a few days now but i keep getting this error

We are unable to process your request at this time. The customer support has already been informed about this situation and will get in touch with you if necessary. (Error ID: 5003)

Lost FFXIV CE 1.0 security token

So, Im trying to log in but I cant remember my password from 2010. When I try to make a new password I keep getting an error in the one-time password The entered password is invalid.
    Passwords composed of only alphabetic characters, only numbers, or only symbols cannot be used. Passwords including the same three characters in a row cannot be used.
    I dont have that security token anymore and that message must be wrong for one-time passwords.
    Any idea what to do?

Invalid Password?

Last night I was successful logging into the game and played fine for a few hours. This morning my password was invalid and I cannot login.

i just signed-up but i cant log in the game

Solution for invalid password error

I was unable to login due to my password not matching. I did find out that entering your Username/ID and Password is all that is required to login. DO NOT USE the one time code when entering through the launcher. For some reason it does not recognize your information that way. Let me know if this works for you guys.

Damn it worked... Cant believe it lol.

Thank you.

It worked..... thank you, I was getting a little....annoyed!

Nope didn't work for me, changed my password twice today to make sure still says invalid login whether I use the one time code or not. in the UK here CE as well, couldn't play the prepurhcase as was working, will try again after work tomorrow.

PS3 Passwort problem ._.

Also ich hab das Problem nicht mit der ID eher mit dem einmaligen Passwort der sagt immer wieder das es falsch ist obwohl ich das zicht mal eingegeben habe ._.
    also ich hab um 17 Uhr alles nochmal neu gemaht also ID so wie das einmalige Passwort.
    dann hab ich 1 Stunde gewartet, wegen der Bearbeitung denke ich ma, aber jetzt sagt der das das einmalige Passwort falsch sei obwohl das richtig eingegeben wurde ._.

ich bitte um rat wo das Problem liegt

Du musst Dich einloggen, ohne das Du den Token benutzt. Der Token wird erst in deinem Account freigeschaltet. Also ganz normal mit Email/ID + Passwort anmelden.

Red Face (Embarrassed) Invalid Password Solution. Maybe.

Hi everyone. Are you getting the message that says INVALID PASSWORD when you try logging after making your SE account? I might have a solution. If you just put in your password and leave your one-time password blank, you may be able to get in. This works for me but I'm not sure if it'll work for everyone else. I sure hope this helps somebody out there. Have a good day!

Unhappy Problems with software token for android

Hi recently bought FF XIV and everything worked perfectly, but when you try logearme today I found a little problem my token software asks me to register again when I already had registered.
    My problem is that I can not find the registration password and so I can not play

pardon my English but not my primary language

I hope prompt response thanks

Also I can not change my password because I asked to use the software token,
    on the customer service page I found information that can reset the token software but there is no link

Rolleyes problems with the software Token // Customer Service usseless

Hi recently bought FF XIV and everything worked perfectly, but when you try logearme today I found a little problem, my token software asks me to register again when I already had registered.
    My problem is that I can not find the registration password and so I can not play.
    try using the recovery system paswords but I can not change my password because I asked to use the software token,

on the customer service page I found information that you can reset the token software but there is no link

pardon my English but not my primary language

I hope prompt response thanks

Rolleyes Security token just... reset???

So, my security token for FF14 just decided to reset itself, I got the app for it yesterday, working fine until tonight. Is anyone else having this problem? It's asking for another security pass, that won't accept my old one.

Bumping, I'd like to get this answered. I enjoy the game, but this is ridiculous. And the support center is down til Tuesday more than likely. I understand launches are difficult, but I've never seen a launch as chaotic as this. Please, SE, just give us some answers so we can at least be not ignorant of what is going on, the 'news' on the lodestone is hardly helpful.

Is that what happened? I'm having the same problem too. I used it last night and logged on np but when I tried today it's saying my pw is invalid.

If you check the app store, many other people are having the same problem. I really wish someone from SE would address this, I'm not asking for a fix but at least acknowledge you know about this!!!!

At play.google? I sent in a ticket so hopefully they'll have it figured out by Monday or Tuesday.

Page 3 of 7 First First 1234567 Last