Page 1 of 7 12345 ... Last

Thread: FFXIV: Password Problems

FFXIV: Password Problems

FFXIV: Password Problems

Running into password-related issues? Then contact customer support.
    ---------------------

I can log on this website just fine, but everytime I try and go to the ffxiv forums, or the beta forums to download the client, it says 'id or password is incorrect'* I don't understand how I can be simultaenously logged in here fine while not being able ot log onto the forums.* I've changed my password just fine, but when I try actually logging in it says i'm wrong.* Support hasn't helped as they continue to suggest things i've already tried like that account management thing.

Has anyone had issues where your id and/or password doesn't work?

I got invited to beta for a realm reborn, and I want to download the client, but I can't get to the forum page
    Last edited by Grimoire; 1st Jul 2014 at 10:19.

Yep, having the same issue here. let us know if you get through.

i am also having the same problem as of 5:54PM central time 4-10-13.

same here. I have the beta code ready to go and everytime i try to log in I keep getting invalid password. I also changed it twice to see if I was incorrect but i can log into the webpage and here as well...

Originally Posted by dfresh
    same here. I have the beta code ready to go and everytime i try to log in I keep getting invalid password. I also changed it twice to see if I was incorrect but i can log into the webpage and here as well...
    I tried around 5pm cst and it let me log in fine but it said the forums were undergoing maintanence. Just tried again at 7:15pm cst and now its saying my ID or PW are wrong and now it won't let me in. Has anyone been able to log in?

having the same problem guys and girls. Its frustrating because I would really like to give it a try. After gaming for over 25 years this is my first time applying for a beta test and I got accepted so Im kinda excited to see whats its all about. Please keep posting to keep my updated. Thanks in advance.

One more thing. Im assuming they want my user name for the square enix forums which is ISLAND3R (and i put that in) Plus I used the same password as I used to get onto this forums. And still its showing and invalid password or user name? No clue as to whats wrong!!

Update: I can log in now. Instead of putting in my email address for SquareEnix ID I put in my username and it worked just fine. Try that and see if it works for you. Good luck!

I had the same issue, but apparently its not the same ID/pass as you have on this website

ok im downloading the game now. Lots of trial and error but i guess 3rd password forget request works like a charm.

Yes the Square Enix website(Members Account) where you shop for games etc is not the same as the Square Enix Account. The "Square Enix account" is for people who have a Account ID for a game. I honestly forgot why I had an ID account but I have had a long history of gaming so.

So here's how I got it to work. One unless you have the App or the Keychain thing for One time Password, leave it blank. Yes it has the * next to it, makes it confusing.

Two: when I went to the forget my password area, The * next to your new password does not give you a new error when you leave out symbols. I did this once with just a number only and it went through but said my password was incorrect. The 3rd time I made sure to add a symbol and it was a go.

Also I noticed not checking the remember the ID box works oddly enough. I unchecked it on the website and to download the game and it works where as I had it checked and entered the correct password a few times to see if i was going crazy or just typing too fast lol.

Hope it helps! Maybe I'll get a cookie for everyone I get in to the downloading area. lol

I already changed my password and it works for the first part. Its just the second part that it wont accept for the FF forums. And to top it off, when it says wrong email or password there is no option the saying forgot my password.

what do you mean by 'square enix ID' what's my id? i don't use my email address and my password?

I can't even get on that account management system website. It says 'id or email address'

i put in my email, ansd my password, and it also says 'incorrect' how is that possible?

How can something that i'm using on another page be incorrect if i'm simultaenously logged in on the main page?

weird, how I can change my password just fine, but the second I actually try putting the account to use, they tell me it's incorrect

I'm having the same problem. I got a beta related email, username = same one from this site. Says email not registered,

but if that is the case - how did I get a beta weekend invite? so confused...

Originally Posted by dfresh
    ok im downloading the game now. Lots of trial and error but i guess 3rd password forget request works like a charm.

Yes the Square Enix website(Members Account) where you shop for games etc is not the same as the Square Enix Account. The "Square Enix account" is for people who have a Account ID for a game. I honestly forgot why I had an ID account but I have had a long history of gaming so.

So here's how I got it to work. One unless you have the App or the Keychain thing for One time Password, leave it blank. Yes it has the * next to it, makes it confusing.

Two: when I went to the forget my password area, The * next to your new password does not give you a new error when you leave out symbols. I did this once with just a number only and it went through but said my password was incorrect. The 3rd time I made sure to add a symbol and it was a go.

Also I noticed not checking the remember the ID box works oddly enough. I unchecked it on the website and to download the game and it works where as I had it checked and entered the correct password a few times to see if i was going crazy or just typing too fast lol.

Hope it helps! Maybe I'll get a cookie for everyone I get in to the downloading area. lol
    I can get in but still can't get to download the BETA. the maintenance page keeps showing up:-( DOES anyone know when maintenance will be over!?

stil not working.

i type in my 'sqare enix id' then my password. stil says 'invaid id or password'

My friend used his username and password instead of the email and got in, but it's not working for me either... TT^TT

Same issue, I have tried everything. I find it hilarious that Square is trying to reinvent this game, but can't even get a simple password system correct. If this is any indication of the game, I am sure it will be as poor as the last.

[SQUARE ENIX MEMBERS Customer Service] support.na.square-enix.com/contacttop.ph...

[SQUARE ENIX Account Customer Service] support.na.square-enix.com/contacttop.ph...

[SQUARE ENIX Customer Service] 310-846-0345

I've already tried customer service and I've done the steps they've told me. There is something interally wrong with the square enix system

I just tried this 5 minutes ago.

type in my ID and password.

says it's incorrect

I sucessfully change my password to soemthing else.

I go back and type in my Id and NEW passwod

still says it's incorrect

the ID i'm typing in came from square enix customer service, and I know the password i'm typing in is right, becuase I couldn't be on these forums if they werent, and I successfully changed it after proving my birthday and answer to my secret question

so if my id and password are correct, why is it telling me i'm wrong?

Same problem. My friend said they got in fine at 1700 hours EST. I tried at 1800hrs and got the incorrect ID/pw thing, just like everyone else.

Friend : "

[5:01:15 PM] Im also now able to log into square enix stuff
    [5:01:39 PM] the capcha appears to have been fixed

"

Originally Posted by Gravity

[SQUARE ENIX MEMBERS Customer Service] support.na.square-enix.com/contacttop.ph...

[SQUARE ENIX Account Customer Service] support.na.square-enix.com/contacttop.ph...

[SQUARE ENIX Customer Service] 310-846-0345

Phone support not supported.

I was informed of this only a few hours ago. Users will from now on be asked to contact customer service via the

[SQUARE ENIX Support Center] support.na.square-enix.com/?utm_source=f...

(I know there is a similar thread but that one has to do with beta and trying to access different forums.)

Every morning, I try logging in, and every morning, my ID/Password dont work. Every morning, I have to reset the password to get in and be able to login and post.

Im 100% sure im typing it correctly. Why? Because I wrote down the password and reset it with that same exact password, every day (ive tried other passwords as well to make sure its not someone hacking me). The username is also correct because when I do the password reset, I type in the same exact username I try to log in with in the password recovery prompt and it gets sent to the correct email.

What gives?

This has been going on for over a week now. Not a big deal, im usually in the forums at work and other than the minor niusance of waiting 1-60 minutes for the password recovery email (every day!) ... its no big deal. However, I did preorder FFXIV:ARR Digital Collectors directly through SE (thats when I first signed up) and id like to avoid any unpleasantness when the Head Start begins on August 19th. Not to mention how itll probably just get increasingly annoying, specially when/if im just trying to play the game.

I just tried to log onto the Realm Reborn client to start patching for the beta this weekend, and when I tried to log on it told me my account had been temporarily locked. I attempted to reset my password as per instructed, and during the password reset, I cannot get a recovery question to be correct. I had some trouble logging into the site about 2 weeks ago, to preorder the full version of the game, and I feel that may be why. I tried to contact support through the support through support.na.square-enix.com/contacttop.ph... but the result I got said to contact by pressing the "Additional Assistance" button at the bottom, but the button is not there. I just want to be able to play the beta, and the game when it comes out.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... Last