Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OPM #81 Rumors, answers please!!!

OPM #81 Rumors, answers please!!!

Can anyone (Umah Bloodomen or Chris) answer the question to whether or not the article in Official Playstation Magazine issue 81, in the RUMORS section, is true or not? It talks about another game coming (which we do know at least this is true), but it says that it will not be developed by Crystal Dynamics and that it would focus on Raziel and that the story would be "more contemporary". Please let us know if this is true.

Thank You.

I would put my money on this being something they completely made up in order to irritate fans of the series.

Thumbs Down

I sure hope that's just a joke! Nerds!!
    I always was considered heartless.....
    http://sigstressumah.members.easyspace.com/anda.jpg

well, if it's in the rumors section it's obviously not true
    Nerds!!

from what i've heard its in the concept stage, so nothing solid as yet.... but its looking promising.

I'm surprised OPM has anything on LOK 6 because they never seem to care about the series that much.
    Maybe CD have gone with Tombraider and dropped LOK, anyway i hate rumors.
    Contempory better not mean a fighting game.
    Please.

I would only buy a LOK game with CD and Eidos as developer and publisher...
    and I think this rumour is not true because LOK is considered a good source of money to Eidos, so I doubt it will be given to another publisher
    http://sigstressumah.members.easyspace.com/koth.jpg
    "Come to me my undead son, make haste to the Pillars, the stage is set for the Grand Finale, you will have your vengence." Mortanius

I doubt it is true, unless they are going to make one about Raziel's past. And I don't know if I would play it if it isn't by Crystal Dynamics, but then again, Blood Omen 2 turned out sort of okay. Not great, but still.

Smile Rumors, rumors, rumors...

Hello everyone,
    Of course most rumors should be taken for what they are, rumors.

All I can say at this point is Eidos is currently reviewing the LOK brand and what to do next. No anouncements have been made about the next installment of the series.

If I get any information about anything I will post it here in the forums.

~Chris
    Christopher Bruno ~ QA Manager ~ Crystal Dynamics ~ Mastering ~ Eidos Inc
    cbruno@crystald.com

- silence -

the man has spoken..

Half the Rumors turn out to be compleatly wrong anyway

Re: Rumors, rumors, rumors...

Originally posted by Chris@Crystal
    All I can say at this point is Eidos is currently reviewing the LOK brand and what to do next.
    Wait, wasn't it already established that there is going to be a LOK 6? New writers have already been put in place in Jen, Richard and Kyle. I wouldn't expect an announcement that Eidos is going to make the game, just that work would begin. Surely after the departure of Amy Hennig, Eidos wouldn't add insult to injury by handing off the entire series?!

I don't mean to play devil's advocate, but...

Remember, Eidos took Tomb Raider away from Core. If they feel so inclined, I don't think they'd feel any remorse taking Legacy of Kain from Crystal Dynamics.

I'm not trying to say the rumors are true, I'm just trying to say if they are true to not be surprised.

Every lie contains a truth. Every truth contains a lie.
    "I will ransom them from the power of the grave,
    I will redeem them from death.
    O Death, I will be your plagues!
    O Grave, I will be your destruction!
    Pity is hidden from My eyes."

Hosea 13:14

but wasn't it that Eidos owns CD
    am not sure abt that but i read it somewhere
    if that is true then taking the game from CD would like Eidos is taking the game from itself
    http://sigstressumah.members.easyspace.com/koth.jpg
    "Come to me my undead son, make haste to the Pillars, the stage is set for the Grand Finale, you will have your vengence." Mortanius

Eidos has several subsidiaries. They could shuffle the series to another one, like they did with Tomb Raider. Of course, it would be a monumentally bad idea, but it's still possible.

Personally when it comes to rumours I take a "I'll believe it when I see it" attitude. It may be true, but personally I doubt it.

Re: Rumors, rumors, rumors...

Originally posted by Chris@Crystal
    All I can say at this point is Eidos is currently reviewing the LOK brand and what to do next. No anouncements have been made about the next installment of the series.
    I'll say this, it'll be a bad idea for Eidos to do that.

Even worse than the "lets bring the Defiance release date forward in America by a week, but hold it back by three months for everyone else".

but it says that it will not be developed by Crystal Dynamics and that it would focus on Raziel and that the story would be "more contemporary".
    It would be really annoying/amusing if it wasn't the jawless wonder, but some biker that resembled Lobo from DC comics and just happened to be named Raziel.

I got the image in my head that is sometimes named raziel_perched. It's the one where he's on a ledge and dressed in a leather jacket. (His shadow is that of an angel.)

Speaking of LOK6.
    For another Blood Omen game, I wish they would continue the story after Blood Omen 2. (Rather than after Defiance)
    And for another Soul Reaver game, I would like to see it evolving around the time before Soul Reaver 1, as Lieutenant Raziel.
    It would be awesome to play as Lt. Raziel, and it would be very interesting storywise as well.
    Or maybe both stories twisted into one game?
    http://www.freewebs.com/mitouki/soulreaver.JPG
    - "...to feed on any creature it strikes" -

Wink

If you believe that, then I've got a local bridge to sell you.

If you've played and compleated all 5 games, then you can discern for yourself the possibility of that rumor.

Rest assured, guys, that LoK is in safe hands and is going in the proper direction.

Maybe if they decide to make Soul Reaver: Special Edition more than an April fools joke. It could begin with a flash forward to Kains speech about paths and streams, then go back to the beginning of SR1 (with improved graphics and game mechanics etc.) then once he reaslises the results of Kains death, he has to restore events to SR2 and Defiance with Squiddy an the hylden attempting to thwart his efforts. It could spawn a whole alternate reality version of the game where he ends up in all different eras and areas that weren't in the original time line.

EDIT: The constrict could behave more like a telekinetic rodeo rope. (Where the cowboys swing the hoop around and it ties around things.) Then when he gets Turels soul it's replaced with the Defiance style TK.

everything is possible nowadays...

...take for an example the DMC serie... there was DMC1(first story), after that DMC2(story plays after DMC1), and now the upcoming DMC3(which story plays BEFORE DMC1...).

I wouldn´t doubt if they follow the example above...

...which wouldn´t be bad, after all (almost) everyone is curious to know how the Vampire Raziel was doing during Kain´s empire time.

What could Raziel have been doing before he got trown into the abyss

NOTHING just read the booklet.

They are doing the same with Metal Gear Solid going back in time for no reason apart from to get to know Big Boss, why?
    I'd rather them continue the story where MGS2 left off, or maybe they want to bring it out on PS3, oh yeah Crystal dynamics arn't working on a new DEus ex their working on a like title called SNOWBLIND.

Well if the rumors about MGS3 are true...

Actually Snake is a BigBoss´clone... You really play as the BigBoss...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast