Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Burning Questions for Jen, Kyle and Richard - 3 Max & 1 Min Per Person

Big Grin Burning Questions for Jen, Kyle and Richard - 3 Max & 1 Min Per Person

Hiya Peeps,

I have been meaning to create this thread for some time now I just havent had the time to do so. I recently bought a triple wardrobe for my sardine tin sized room. I assembled it myself and spent many hours having a complete clear out of some things and a spring clean if you like .

Anyway, back to all things LoK. Based on this post I made a while back:

http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthr...615#post403615

I decided it was time to have a thread that gave Kyle, Jen and Richard the oppertunity to answer some of our most amibuous questions that we have been dying to know the answers to.

I would like to lay down some simple ground rules before anyone starts mass mailing with questions after questions:

1) Think hard before asking and make sure that the questions that are being asked havent been asked already. If your not sure, browse other LoK dedicated sites which have Amy's or Jen, Richard and Kyle's responses to. So to make matters clear "No repititive questions".

2) No spoiler based questions on D:2 a.k.a LoK:6.

3) The question count limit is 1 minimum and for fairness's sake 3 questions maximum per person so that at least the majority of fans get their burning questions answered and so people dont keep asking questions. We dont want pages and pages on this forum so hopefully the majority of our questions get answered

4) As per usual, comply with TOU. Preferably, lets not have people answering other peoples questions. If you want to reply to other people's replies - it would be more appropriate if done in PM as it creates less clutter and the LoK team can easily gather our queries and have them answered asap if possible.

5) I think we should leave this thread open for around 2-3 months so that everone gets an oppertunity to ask at least question.

I think thats all on the "laying down the law front", so get asking !

PEACE OUT !!!

If anyone has any quibbles about this thread, PM me. Im generally available most of the time but forgive me if I dont reply asap as I have a regular job to see to .
    One Man Can Make a Difference ! (Wilton Knight - Founder of the Knight Foundation)

All right, first question and I hope it is an intelligent one. It sounds like a lot of questions, but I'm just trying to be as clear as possible.

When people find odd stuff in murals that relate to later games, is that just coincidence? Is it a result of knowing what you were planning on doing even before the next game got approved? Are some of those just random elements that later became the inspirations for later games?

I guess this boils down to wanting to know how you manage to weave together the complex reality that is Nosgoth.

Hi everybody.
    I want to ask whether our questions from the previous games will be answered. Vorador's appearance in BO2, the staff affecting the Reaver etc

OK...:

Kain's scar,once and for all, it's because of ......?

Question

I hope this question was not asked before , though it's something that came on spontaneously as I was reading the thread's intro by babyfrence (sorry if I got the name wrong )

Why was Kain assigned to be Scion of Balance? , is it because he was born in the moment when Ariel was murdered?? , I don't think he's the only baby who was born in particular moment?

I'd be glad if you answer this.......I got many questions but that is something that is not (might be rarely) asked....

And to Kyle, Jen and Richard , guys we rely on you on makin' a greater next comming LoK...
    "My religion consists of a humble admiration of the illimitable superior spirit who reveals himself in the slight details we are able to perceive with our frail and feeble mind." - Einstein

Smile

Hi there all,
    We always love to get questions concerning LOK, but it is much better if they are all submitted at one time. So let me know when you think your list is complete and I will pass it along to Jen and Kyle. I'm sure they will be willing to answer what they can when they have time. Unfortunately Richard is no longer working for Crystal Dynamics. He is missed extreemly.
    Thanks.
    ~Chris
    Christopher Bruno ~ QA Manager ~ Crystal Dynamics ~ Mastering ~ Eidos Inc
    cbruno@crystald.com

Is this another thing like when CD and SK stopped working together and Denis Dyack stayed with SK and Amy came over to CD? Is the same thing is happening again and everyone leaving or did I jump to conclusions?

i have some

1) Are the Hylden Aliens? i think i remember hearing that somewhere (possibly BO2) and i just wanna be sure...

2) The EG and the physical world, in chapter 2 of Defiance he smashes some rocks and blocks the entrance to the underworld, but he needs Moebius to tell him that Kain is returned at the end, and wouldn't it have been easier to smack Kain around while he couldn't see you? if he could, that is...

Lightbulb

The participants of this thread are strongly advised not to use this thread to take their jabs at other members of the community and their questioning habits.

If you find that you cannot adhere to this warning, then please refrain from contributing to this thread and spare the masses (members of the development team included) the melodrama.

Thanks.

I had a question I wanted to ask, but forgot, so instead I have a question for Chris. Did you do the cover art for Zao: Funeral Of God, it states that Chris Bruno did the cover, and I just wanted to know if that`s you, or some guy with the same name, lol. Thanks for your time.
    What if the one person who could save you, was the only one who could distroy you? Divided by common enemies, two legendary heroes, must fight...to reclaim their destiny. From the wreckage of history, redeemer, destroyer...only one may survive.

OKay, here's my second question... again a whole group designed to get a very specific answer, one that will probably be shorter than the question.

What is the history of the ancient vampires and the hylden? Were the hylden actually the "bad guys," or did they become really evil after they got banished? How did they manage the world, and how was it different from the way the ancient vampires managed the world? What was meant when they would not submit to the wheel of fate?

If you can't answer these questions right now, can you at least assure us that the answers will definately be revealed?

Edit: Someone pointed out that this question still isn't clear enough, so...

When I ask if the Hylden were the "bad guys," I meant are they the evil spawns of satan, with the ancient vampires being the forces of heaven; or was it a case of simple theological differences, like catholics warring with protestants. (Couldn't find a good non-offensive comparison, sorry.)
    http://smokestock.deviantart.com | http://www.fanfiction.net/u/589342/ | http://smoke-z.deviantart.com

"It's like Shakespeare with pointless murder." -gryps incedio talking about the LOK games.

1. Do the souls that get spinned in the wheel get placed back in their original bodies, when they were born, and replay their whole lives over and over, in a circle, or do they inhabit another body, and live other lives?
    i've got a lot of questions, but i'll think things over and choose the best ones.

When Mortanius Morphed into the Unspoken in BO1, is there any connection between him and the Demons from SR2 and Defiance?

thats the small question the big question is...:

how long was Turel locked in Avernus before Mortanius found him?

I know you cant tell us how he was brought back yet, but he seemed to evolve much past his brothers, at least a few more evolutions than the rest.

Unfortunately Richard is no longer working for Crystal Dynamics. He is missed extreemly.
    That's too bad, he reminded me a lot of Amy and seemed like a great guy. Everybody needs to keep doing new things, though.

Originally posted by Smoke_Z
    OKay, here's my second question... again a whole group designed to get a very specific answer, one that will probably be shorter than the question.

What is the history of the ancient vampires and the hylden? Were the hylden actually the "bad guys," or did they become really evil after they got banished? How did they manage the world, and how was it different from the way the ancient vampires managed the world? What was meant when they would not submit to the wheel of fate?

If you can't answer these questions right now, can you at least assure us that the answers will definately be revealed?
    The Hylden and vampires are 2 different races. The Hylden lost..the vampires won and in this game you play a vampire so the Hylden are the bad guys yes. Not 1 of them is really good or bad..

[i]
    1) Are the Hylden Aliens? i think i remember hearing that somewhere (possibly BO2) and i just wanna be sure... [/B]
    Aliens? lol im 99% sure they arent aliens. It would ruin the game, it has nothing to do with aliens.

1) This question has been bugging me for a long time -- How did Raziel and the other 5 lieutenants create their clans? This may seem like a basic question but allow me to explain my reasoning. If they have humans drink their blood and pass the curse on that way (like Janos or Vorador) then how is that possible considering they could not have had contact with Ancient blood? If anything, Kain would be able to do it that way considering that in Defiance
    yet he said in Blood Omen 2 that he can't. It says on the Soul Reaver site
    To create a vampire, one must steal a soul from the abyss to reanimate the corpse.
    If this applies to how Raziel and his brothers raised their clans, did they have to sacrifice portions of their souls like Kain did? If not, then why not? If they did, then how were their souls large enough? Or is that the reason for their devolution?

2) My second question is about the end of Blood Omen 2. Did Kain let Janos fall into the Hylden Gate on purpose? I don't want to believe that but I just won Blood Omen 2 again yesterday and it looked like Kain not only stood by while the Sarafan Lord beat Janos up, he actually hit Janos and knocked him down. I want to know if it was intended that way or if it just happened to look like that.

3) The last question I'll ask here is who is the woman in Vorador's mansion?http://www.timestreamer.co.uk/screen...Umah2Image.jpg
    I know it says in the Q&A that she is part of Vorador's backstory. If she will not be addressed in a future game I would like to know now who she was.

Thank you very much for taking the time to read and hopefully answer these questions

my second question is about Blood Omen 2. here:
    I was impressed by you today, Kain. Soon we will work together again and rid this plague from our land.
    again?
    and also here
    Why did I obey her? Why did I trust her, even for a moment? I had gone my own way, always. But this time...
    i really do hope it's not love
    Have you changed so much?
    did she know how he was before from vorador? or from her own experience with him?
    I know my name. But my past - I remember fragments only.
    here's the question: did umah know kain before? he lost his memory so he may have lost something important? or maybe umah is a kainim? but i doubt that one.

When you go spectral near Janos's dead body, how come there is nothing there? What happened to his soul?

It must still be in his body. If it would be in Spectral, then killing enemies would be alot more easier, just going to Spectral and sucking them in. i think.

1.Question:

Nosgoths landscape
    In Defiance Kain and Raziel discover those new areas which are full of ruins and ancient technology. They also visit places which are seen in earlier games. Everyone knows above-mentioned facts.

So here comes the question: How it is possible that even Kain doesn’t know these “new places”? In SR1 timeline Kain rules the whole Nosgoth and had been the one who is roamed through out Nosgoth for centuries after centuries! Example vampire citadel: It’s behind the pillars and if my memory isn’t failing me, Kains throne is located in pillars. So how is it possible that Kain never visited in citadel? If he had visited in there, he would have those Reaver enhancing emblems already in SR1 timeline.

This same question includes also Raziel. Voradors mansion shouldn’t be strange place to Kains right hand man, who had also time to roam here and there before he casted in to abyss. Same thing when Raziel arrives in cemetary.

What about then that door in SR2 timeline, which leads under the surface to that chamber where elder god is? Did Kain or someone else destroy that door and that tunnel?

Originally posted by Sarafan Minion
    1.Question:

Nosgoths landscape
    In Defiance Kain and Raziel discover those new areas which are full of ruins and ancient technology. They also visit places which are seen in earlier games. Everyone knows above-mentioned facts.

So here comes the question: How it is possible that even Kain doesn’t know these “new places”? In SR1 timeline Kain rules the whole Nosgoth and had been the one who is roamed through out Nosgoth for centuries after centuries! Example vampire citadel: It’s behind the pillars and if my memory isn’t failing me, Kains throne is located in pillars. So how is it possible that Kain never visited in citadel? If he had visited in there, he would have those Reaver enhancing emblems already in SR1 timeline.

This same question includes also Raziel. Voradors mansion shouldn’t be strange place to Kains right hand man, who had also time to roam here and there before he casted in to abyss. Same thing when Raziel arrives in cemetary.

What about then that door in SR2 timeline, which leads under the surface to that chamber where elder god is? Did Kain or someone else destroy that door and that tunnel?
    I think you got them there. gg

okay i did everything in my power to avoid posting in this thread but members of the community have forced me to ask THE question:

When Ariel states "the blade must be rendered pure by spirit" was she referring to the Wraith blade, the Soul Reaver, or both?

I am terribly sorry to bother you with such non-sense but it's one question at the core of my own beliefs that needs to be answered. Thank You, Kyle and Jenn.

I believed by purifying the Wraith blade that the unification of the Reaver and Raziel meant the Soul Reaver had been purifed (Raziel receiving the largest portion of Kain's corrupted Soul, means to me that the Soul Reaver itself has always been inhabited by a corrupt spirit. The forge; purifying this Soul Reaver for it's true purpose). Not to mention the fact that Kain is only able to see the Elder AFTER Raziel enters the sword. Amy once said the answers to the game were for the most part explained by the game itself. There's just far too much evidence in the game itself that points in this direction.

on behalf of my good friend Ian.

1) In Defiance, was Kain truly dead? If he was, did it lead to Ariel being freed from her binding to the pillars? or did the power of the spirit forge unbound her or break the 'chains' that held her captive?

and

2) If there was any 'timetravel' involved at all; What era was Ariel brought to the Spirit Forge from?

ok...I've sent a whole questionary to chris before, but I will make some questions not made there here.

- please specify what exactly "nosgoth" refers to(is nosgoth just the known continent, or the world, or maybe even the dimension), and is there something outside of nosgoth in LOK universe?

-regretfully we havent been able to decrypt the futhark writing in raziel's first LOKD chapter because the texture containing it has a few glitchs that make the writing imposible to read for us, could you please give us the full writing in a text file to be read with TLW's elder futhark font? (http://www.thelostworlds.net/Misc/Fo...er_Futhark.zip) also...is there any other script/phonetic system other than the futhark (feral human ancient worshipers anyone? ) that can be used to decode messages in LOK?...I'm guessing something brhami derived like this (which remarkably reasembles the Lt's symbols) http://www.omniglot.com/writing/tibetan.htm

-to me it seems that the eldergod and the mass are similar in that they are ancient creatures with non-humanoid body, and godlike capabilites, is the mass seen as some sort of god, the real "hash'ah gik" by the hylden, and are the mass and the EG similar in any other way than being very old?

Hiya Peeps,

Here are my 3 questions for Jen, Kyle and any other colleagues who may have the answer for our long thought out questions: -

1) What caused William's Soul Reaver to break ? I mean, the 2 weapons that both William and Kain possess are but one and the same - so..... why did Williams break and not Kain ? We are led to believe that the Soul Reaver is impossible to destroy let alone break, but what really caused it, brute force, Kain's soul entity (within the reaver that is) being the more dominating, or a third option - a monumental secret perhaps?

2) My questions seem to revolve around the Soul Reaver . Never-the-less, I want to know the brief history of the weapon itself. By that I mean how it came to pass from person to person and from age to age.

We are led to believe that Moebius ensured that both William and Kain were armed with the Soul Reaver before they fought. But I wanted to know - is the Soul Reaver that Raziel repairs in SR2 sent back in time and given to William by Moebius ?

This might be an awkward question because if we think how it has changed hands and what has become of the blade we might be filled with awe. Let me explain: -

Kain and William fight with the Soul Reaver (-50 BO). Williams sword breaks and remains that way for 20 years and Raziel repairs it (-30 BO).

Raziel causes a paradox after killing his former Sarafan self. The derranged soul that is the wraith untangles itself and winds it self around the physical incarnation of the reaver after he impales himself. The Soul Reaver - once guarded by Janos after years of losing faith but sustained by his guardianship now ends up in Kain's hands after he rescues Raziel from being totally consumed. Thus the Soul Reaver is born.

These are the two eras in which the Soul Reaver make an appearance. 2 different circumstances and 2 different events in which the Soul Reaver plays.

Which sword does Kain possess in SR1 in that case? If it were William's that would make sense as present Kain possesses the purified weapon. However, it is unclear how Williams blade ended up with Raziel in SR1 - is it even Williams blade ?

3) In SR2 we know that Raziel's destiny comes full circle in the Sarafan stronghold, but why does the wraith come to life shortly after the Sarafan Raziel is killed ? Is it because Raziels soul as a man was re-spun into the wheel of life? Even then it doesnt make sense. His soul apparently remained in the spectral realm because until Kain imposed his gift was his soul re-routed to his corpse - in which case Vampire Raziel is born. Where does the wraith blade come into this ?

What I really didnt understand was the fact that there were 2 Soul Reavers floating about in history, how is that truely possible ? Doesn't this mean in theory, that there can be multiple instances of the blade ? We are led to believe that Kain's blade is from Avernus. How did it get there ? Williams blade in my opinion came from the future brought back by Moebius ensuring William was prepared for a fight he never knew would happen.

From what I understand, it is the "soul" entity within the reaver blades that cause the temporal distortion and thus paradox creating. Janos gave the blade to Raziel in -500 BO and there wasnt a paradox which leads me to believe that because the "soul" entity had somehow dispersed when it was broken the temporal distortion is felt by Raziel because its like meeting his exact double in space and time.

Even though this is a rather lengthy question, I would really like a detailed explanation as to how this can be properly understood without having all these nitty gritty ideas of how other theories could be falsified.

Thanks Jen and Kyle and to any other CD members who can provide constructive but detailed answers .

PEACE OUT !!!

PS I have decided, that in order to give everyone a fair chance to write up their questions for the CD team, this thread should be open for a full 2 months since my 1st post. So, on the 18/09/2004, it is expected that this thread will be closed and the questions will be accumulated so that when the important people at CD have time, they will answer our long anticipated questions. Chris should know of this idea as I sent him a PM before this post was conceived so I hope all things coincide.

EDIT: I just remembered, the UK closing date is 18/09/2004 and the USA closing date is 09/18/2004
    One Man Can Make a Difference ! (Wilton Knight - Founder of the Knight Foundation)

My question :

In SR2, when Raziel was supposed to kill Kain with the Soul Reaver in the Sarafan Stronghold (after the Light Forge), what really happened ?
    Did the "powers" of the Fate simply manipulate Raziel like a puppet (with the famous distortion feeling) and litteraly take control of Raziel's hands to make him kill Kain, or was the Soul Reaver in fact acting on it's own and forcing Raziel ? And if it was the Soul Reaver's own will, why did it want to kill Kain ?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast