Exclamation Patch released UK/US/FR/IT/SP/DE

All patches available- Each language has its own patch

English Patch

German Patch

French Patch

Italian Patch

Spanish Patch

Fix list

- Fixed crash on ATI Radeon 8500, 9000 and 9200 on startup.

- Fixed crash when Restarting Asylum Aftermath level numerous times

- Fixed crash when user got shot after reviving HM from slow-mo death sequence.

- Fixed crash while watching the free agent cut scene on the Lee Hong Assassination level.

- Fixed crash when user saved whilst highlighting an action (such as Pick lock, jump balcony, Change Clothes, Place sign etc)

- Fixed Crash with Post-Filter on High: After death sequence inside the manor on Beldingford Manor level, or inside meat plant on Meat King level.

Graphical Fixes:

- During and after "free agent" cut scene on Lee Hong Assassination level screen would turn black.

- With Post-Filter set to High, would cause screen to go almost jet-black on "Hunter and the Hunted" level when user by rooftop location.

- Post Filter set to High made sniper scope blurry.

Other Fixes:

- Unable to fire sniper rifle if 'fire' is set to Right Mouse button

- 47 could get stuck in the first door on Asylum aftermath level.

- Loading a save game transported 47 to a different location on Lee Hong level.

- Credits do not appear at end of game.

roggan Guest
    Nice.. I'll try it tonight. Hope there's no more crashes of video stuttering on my sucky R9200SE PCI!!!!

roggan Guest
    The movies still laggggg

It CTD in the meat king party (2nd level) the first time it loaded. I was able to play fine the second time though.

nebj00la Guest
    OK, the patch is well and good, but what about the mouse lag and the choppy video? Are these going to be addressed in the near future?

My Specs:

NVIDIA GeForceFX5600 256MB
    AMD Athlon XP 2200+
    512MB DDR
    Motherboard with 400mhz FSB

Why would a game play choppy on this system??? Especially when it says it is supposed to run on a pc that mine would put to shame....

Thanks.

Do you have post filtering on? Do you defrag at all? Do you have any programs at all running in the backroudn while playing? Is your computer running all the time? A few things that could make your game more choppy.

nebj00la Guest
    fresh xp install... no other programs running, latest nvidia drivers.

Mouse lag is caused by post filtering.. it has to be disabled. The patch doesn't overclock your video card. THey're not going to fix that issue since their recomendation is you just need a faster video card to use post filtering. I think you need like a fx 5900 with 256 to get it to run decently..

to nebjoola: i have almost identical 3d crad, geforce fx5600 xt 256.

You can get a 25% increase from overcocking these cards.

here
    http://www.overclockers.com/tips1134/

BadBoy-Elite Guest

Thumbs Up Thanks, The Patch Resolved all My Problems

Thanks for your help, The Patch solved my headache

Originally posted by Deviancy
    I think you need like a fx 5900 with 256 to get it to run decently..
    No need for 256 DDR of ram, just faster clock speed. Runs smoothly on my Radeon 9800 Pro.

OoFalconoO Guest
    my cursor lags a lil on the main menu and i have a radeon 9800xt 256mb, amd 2800+, and a 1gig ram. not in game though.

this game does nothing but crash. i cant play the second level or it will rash, i can't play the training level or it will crash

runs smooth here,
    sys specs

2.8Ghz HT P4
    Geforce 5900 256MB Ultra
    2048MB RAM DDR 400
    Audigy 2 Platinum
    all newest drivers

Originally posted by operative x
    this game does nothing but crash. i cant play the second level or it will rash, i can't play the training level or it will crash
    operative x, you have done one of the following -

1) you have installed the full game over the demo directory
    2) installed one of the bad No-CD cracks going around
    3) downloaded a warezed version with an afformentioned bad nocd crack...

the problem is caused by the exe for the demo only looking for the Barkhov Bomb level... the first level is not snowing... its set in some wierd asylum thing...

ManHit Guest
    I have an geForce card... but what is post filtering an how do I turn it of !!??

Rolleyes

The patch has a few fixes, but it doesn’t fix the antialiasing issue! I just want to post my experience. I contacted Eidos support about not being able to get the antialiasing to work, here is what I wrote,
    “I just purchased Hitman Contracts for the PC and am having video issues. I
    can?t seem to get antialiasing to work. I have a GeForce FX 5900 video card. I
    have set the antialiasing settings to all combinations, including 2x, 2xq, 4x,
    6xs, 8x, and application controlled; nothing works. I reinstalled my Hitman 2
    game to see if I got the same problem, but everything works fine in Hitman 2, no
    jagged edges at all; nice and smooth. But, with Hitman Contracts, everything
    looks jagged. I also noticed that there is no in-game antialiasing option in
    Hitman 3 like there is in Hitman 2. The visual quality of the game without the
    ability to use the antialiasing feature really hurts the image quality. I am at
    a loss as to why antialiasing works on Hitman 2, but not on Hitman 3. I looked
    for a patch or some support on your site, but there is nothing posted yet.
    Please let me know how to enable antialiasing for Hitman 3.
    Thank you.” Here is what they wrote back,
    “Greetings Vince,
    Thank you for your message. I haven't had any other users reporting this
    problem, although the game has only been out for a week. We are still gathering
    info on known issues. All I can suggest is make sure all settings with Graphics
    Options are maxed out. Make sure to click on MORE OPTIONS and raise those as
    well. All except for "Post Filtering". This needs to stay at Medium. It will
    cause problems with Sniper rifles if it is set to high.”
    I find it hard to believe that they haven’t heard any other users reporting that they can’t get antialiasing to work. I mean dang man, Hitman 2 had antialiasing and that game looked great! And why would they sacrifice something like antialiasing and use post-filtering instead? Post filtering doesn’t even do anything worth while. Heck, the game looks better with it turned off! I also like how my whole concern was about the antialiasing issue, yet the guy told me to put all my other graphic options to max, as if that would help. I have a friggen geforce FX 5900!! They ARE all on max! Why does this game even have the Nvidia logo on it if one of the most important graphical options can’t even be used!? I would like to know everyone else’s thoughts.

Originally posted by vit0
    Post filtering doesn’t even do anything worth while....

...Why does this game even have the Nvidia logo on it if one of the most important graphical options can’t even be used!?
    Clearly you havent dont your research...

Post Filtering it IOI's strange term for 'set this to high to make the game use your £200 video card'... in otherwords, it uses that marvel of graphics technology, the pixel shader, to create graphical effects like distance blur, motion blur, hazing, soft light and other stuff in hardware...

if you have it set to Low or Medium, the Barkhov level doesn't even look like its a heavy snow storm because you can clearly see a building miles away... once set to high, boomph, blizzard that you can barely see 10ft in front of ur nose...

And the reason the NVidia logo adorns the game is cos EIDOS is one of the many current developers to pay that bloody company to display that ing logo
    It doesn't make the game any better on NVidia because it carries the 'Way its meant to be played' logo... hell, UT2K3 carried that logo... nuff sed...

LeKiz Guest
    Not really having trouble with the patch. And not going to complain.. But it seems on some maps, after I patched the game up, some Textures seem to start Melting.. Its odd..

What could that be from?

Never happend before the patch.. Again, im not complaining. Just wondering. Aside from that the game runs fine now.. Thanks Eidos!

“Clearly you havent dont your research...

Post Filtering it IOI's strange term for 'set this to high to make the game use your £200 video card'... in otherwords, it uses that marvel of graphics technology, the pixel shader, to create graphical effects like distance blur, motion blur, hazing, soft light and other stuff in hardware...”

Research has nothing to do with anything. Intuitively, one can see that post filtering, which you say is technical talk for, “'set this to high to make the game use your £200 video card,” doesn’t really have that good of an effect. I don’t argue that it creates “graphical effects like distance blur, motion blur, hazing, soft light and other stuff”, my point is, the “blur” it creates doesn’t really do much to enhance the graphic quality, in my opinion. All it seems to do for me is blunt the colors and make things harder to see. But putting in the post filtering is not really a big deal, what is a big deal is that they have included post filtering, but have taken away the antialiasing. I “do” have a fancy $200 video card that can do some good antialiasing, and In my opinion, Hitman 3 has regressed in the graphical department because they have removed the antialiasing. I mean, c’mon, the game looks all jaggie now; not the smooth flow of Hitman 2, which was released 2 years ago! I have heard that the reason the antialiasing was removed was because it doesn’t work with post filtering. I personally would rather lose the “marvel of graphics technology” that is post filtering and have good old antialisaing instead. I paid 39$ for Farcry, which had major modern graphical elemnts ; I paid $49 for Contracts, and the game doesn’t even support a major graphical element that the two year old hitman 2 had.

Originally posted by Heero
    And the reason the NVidia logo adorns the game is cos EIDOS is one of the many current developers to pay that bloody company to display that ing logo
    I'm pretty sure it's the other way around (the paying).

Aagaard Guest
    What about the Scandinavian versions; they're in English but there are the three Scandinavian flags and the Finnish on the Cd-cover, does this mean that it doesn't need a patch, or does the
    English language make it an UK/US version?

darthpibe Guest

post filter

i have an intel pentium 4 2.8 ghz with 1 gig of ram and a nvidia geforce fx 5950 ultra and im having the same problems with the filter i can play the game but it runs with a few frames per second not as other games like farcry & painkiller that run better on my pc what can i do

vit0, if its such a boon, why not just force it to be turned on in the Forceware drivers?
    Sure, you'll get a silly performance hit, but if its what you want
    Also, paragraphs are good... use them

and @m, you're probably right, but given the bad press NVidia recieved all last year for various reasons (cheating drivers, releasing a distinctly crappy card, etc.) id be surprised if they aren't handing the brand out willy-nilly...

Plus, it only started appearing in games when ATI actually overtook NVidia in the graphics market share

nebj00la Guest
    Originally posted by hipnocat
    to nebjoola: i have almost identical 3d crad, geforce fx5600 xt 256.

You can get a 25% increase from overcocking these cards.

here
    http://www.overclockers.com/tips1134/
    Forgot to thank you for that one... The overclocking solved my issue.

Heero, I have tried forcing it in the Forceware drivers; it doesn’t work. I even tried changing the DrawDll to Renderopengl.dll instead of RenderD3D.dll, that actually worked and turned on antialiasing, but it caused texture issues and many effects didn’t work.

I have a good video card and I doubt if I would get any performance issues at all, even if all the bells and whistles did work. In fact, I can run Hitman 2 with AA on 8x, anisotropic filtering on 8x, and all the effects on high and have no performance hits at all. Hitman 3 is basically the same game in the graphics and effects department.

I’ll take your suggestion of paragraph use to heart.
    Also, spell checkers are good… use them.

Originally posted by Heero
    Clearly you havent "dont" your research...

Page 1 of 3 123 Last