Page 2 of 3 First First 123 Last

Thread: Patch released

Patch released

Originally posted by vit0
    Also, spell checkers are good… use them.
    bah

but what im saying is, if you look at a LOT of games recently released, they dont support anti-aliasing due to the performance hit from pixel-shader use...

Halo PC (damn its hide) doesn't work properly with them enabled...
    Far Cry suffers a huge performance hit unless you have a super-rig...
    Splinter Cell gets Z-buffer issues...

etc.

Originally posted by vit0
    Also, spell checkers are good… use them.

[/B]
    What in the world is that ?. Some kind of programme.

I have not got my game yet. but i have downloaded the patch.

Re: Patch released UK/US/FR/IT/SP/DE

Originally posted by jaycw2309
    - Credits do not appear at end of game.
    Heh, yeah, I was wondering about that.
    Didn't realize I finished the game 'till I saw it in the save games list. BTW, shouldn't it say "Saved Games"?

Too bad they didn't fix the bug that sometimes causes an arm or a leg to go a bit crazy, when dragin' a body.

Or when in a corner and someone is following you, sometimes I got stuck, had no where to move, but I tryied runin' which helped in one case and the other I just killed the man.
    Did this ever happend to you?

Re: Re: Patch released UK/US/FR/IT/SP/DE

Originally posted by Sagi_y15
    Too bad they didn't fix the bug that sometimes causes an arm or a leg to go a bit crazy, when dragin' a body.
    that'll be the ragdoll physics...

Heero, I know what you’re saying, but I don’t think that is the issue. There are some high powered cards out there now, and people want to use them. If the issue was just a performance hit issue, they should just give you the option to turn the settings on an off. Splinter Cell 1&2, Halo, HM Contracts, they just strait took it out! You don’t even get a choice.

My theory, and I call it a theory because I have evidence to back it up, is that games developed for the Xbox and ported to the PC don’t have AA. It is not a hard fast rule, but I would say it’s 90% true.

Since most companies want to have their games on the Xbox, and the Xbox has a specified amount of graphic power. It is easier for them to develop the games using Xbox specs, and then port them right over. I think that is why we are seeing a lot of the new releases don’t support AA.

For instance FarCry, it support AA fine. It wasn’t simultaneously released on Xbox. The game was built for next generation cards, and doesn’t run to well on outdated systems. But at least they give you the option to have AA and all the other bells and whistles.

actually, the Xbox is not the culprit... it supports Anti-Aliasing out of the box because it uses a modified hybrid of the GeForce 3 and 4...
    The GameCube features an ATI-built graphics chip, so also has anti-aliasing as standard...

he culprit is the PS2...

its Emotion Engine chipset cannot do Anti-Aliasing out of the box, and developers have to add it themselves using the tricks (like when NVidia tricked 3D Mark into performing better on their cards with driver hacks)

And the reason Far Cry was no simultaneously released on consoles and the PC was because even tho the Xbox is the most powerful console in non-vapourware existence, it still has a mere 733mhz Celeron-based processor and 64mb DDR ram...
    if they just placed Far Cry, which needs a 1.2Ghz P3/Athlon with at least 512mb RAM to run correctly, onto a DVD and slapped it in, it wouldnt work...

The game has to be reworked to fit in the smaller memory space and optimised for the slower (but more efficient) processors... (basically, they cut some of the high-level pixel shader detail out and make the levels smaller)

izic Guest

game still crashed after installing the patch

i have ATI raedon 9200 after installing the patch game still crashes on the menu startup screen .same problem .plz kindly respnde me does there would be any other new patch for that again....

Ah yes, the PS2. I had forgotten about that. Probably because my PS2 barley works anymore and all I use it for is playing movies.

Well then, whether it is the Xbox or PS2, my point is still valid; if they keep making games with consoles in mind, we’ll never see anything truly mind blowing for the PC. FarCry finally pushed the envelope and so will Doom 3 I’m sure, but then what?

Hopefully, the Doom 3 engine will do what the quake engine did and, and be used for many upcoming games. Then we can actually get some use out of our high end video cards.

BTW, I still think they need to put AA in to contracts!

Doom 3 has no chance of pushing the envelope... its now being released simultaneously for the Xbox...

Half-Life 2 is the one to watch... regardless of Steam and the pathetic reasons for delays, its still the game to watch...

Dean_eboy Guest
    Originally posted by ManHit
    I have an geForce card... but what is post filtering an how do I turn it of !!??
    depending on your PC it may be an idea to go into options then select extra options and switch of post idiling it will help speed thngs up

Dean_eboy Guest
    Originally posted by Dean_eboy
    depending on your PC it may be an idea to go into options then select extra options and switch of post idiling it will help speed thngs up
    thats graphic options in the main menu ... opps left that bit out

Dean_eboy Guest

Re: game still crashed after installing the patch

Originally posted by izic
    i have ATI raedon 9200 after installing the patch game still crashes on the menu startup screen .same problem .plz kindly respnde me does there would be any other new patch for that again....
    Soz but it may be better for you to uninstall hitman and defrag your system first ......then reinstall hitman ... but dont be too hasty !! at the end of the set up untick the start game option so that you return to your desktop. Now you can install the patch. Also it will depend on your PC spec but it may be an idea to go into options in the main menu then select extra options and switch of post filitering.... this should help

Doc8376 Guest
    Originally posted by Heero
    Doom 3 has no chance of pushing the envelope... its now being released simultaneously for the Xbox...

Half-Life 2 is the one to watch... regardless of Steam and the pathetic reasons for delays, its still the game to watch...
    Actualy, Doom 3 for X-box is using a modified engine that will allow it to run on the console. The PC engine will still kick half-life 2's ass in almost every way.

From what i've seen, Id made the game and then gave it to the X-box develpoers and told them to turn it down a notch. But the X-bow version is not going to affect the performance or abilities of the PC.

Don't think of it as a port, cause the only thing that's the same is the story.

Originally posted by Doc8376
    The PC engine will still kick half-life 2's ass in almost every way.
    unlikely... Half-Life 2's engine is designed with wide open spaces, multiplayer and realism in mind...

Doom 3 has an engine thats really no more complex than Far Cry or Thief : Deadly Shadows...

Frankly, im only looking forward to Doom 3 as a good blast... its not going to rock anybodies world like it would have done a year ago...

Far Cry has nicked the next-gen thunder and Half-Life 2 just looks so... wow... Doom 3 just looks to be the most straight forward and fun

I just bought the game today and installed the patch, as I always do. I managed to get to the third level on expert with SA rating without consulting any walkthroughs. Yay! I just started the third mission and have only 2 problems so far.

In the third mission, when the snow falls down, there appears to be very large vertical translucent rectangles sometimes above some of the characters. [edit] these seem to have dissapeared after restart. [/edit]

Another gripe I have is the save game system. I liked how in The original codename 47 you could create character profiles, so if multiple people were using the computer or if you wanted to play differing diffuculty levels you could under seperate profiles, whilest keeping the save games tidy. Why did they take this profile system out? They have it in Freedom Force, but not this one

ooh and also, i hate how its sort of difficult to get out of sniper mode. I have to press my inventory key. kinda weird but meh.

ooh and i know this is my third post in a row, but is it possible that in a future patch or something IO could add the ability to collect melee weapons? i really miss the ability to showoff my knife collection.

OoFalconoO Guest
    uhh im pretty sure u can already? and just click edit when u wnt to add something to a post instead of posting over and over

Originally posted by OoFalconoO
    uhh im pretty sure u can already? and just click edit when u wnt to add something to a post instead of posting over and over
    thanks for the tip. and if you're saying u can to the melee weapon collecting, then, no, you cant. :-P

Bezer Guest

Unhappy Still crashes after patch @ R8500

mmhzz... I don't know, I had the graphical crash with the demo too ... so I couldn't play it at all
    With the full version, I've installed the patch, but I get the same buggy video, and it crashes the same way it did before ...
    I have an ATI Radeon 8500, AMD 2000+ and 512 DDRram. The patch says it should fix it the problem @ the Radeon 8500, but it just doesn't can anyone help me with this ? ...

Greetz,
    Bezer

---

Never mind, I had to update the drivers of my videocard ...

though this isnt really related bezer you should upgrade yer vid card and if you have more slots up the ram.

jhirael Guest

movements are slow

hi! The movements are so slow with my game. I know that my specs isn't the greatest out there, I only have a GeForce FX 5200, an AMD Athlon 1.7Ghz, Audigy Soundcard, and 512mb ddr memory but I think the game should run pretty ok with my system. Are the movements really slow with the game? I installed the patch and the movements are still slow. The sound is ok but even in the cinematics, the sound is not in sync with the movements. what gives? can someone help me?

try dumping yer temporary files. if you dont know how you can find a stepbystep in the thread called "no saves?" or somethin like that. how many megs is yer fx5200? thats prob not the problem but maybe. do you have directx 9.0b? if all that doesnt work, then maybe you could just uninstall and (re)install (might wanna back up yer saves if you have any)

jhirael Guest
    hi! ya, i did uninstall and reinstall it but it's still the same. my fx5200 is 128mb and i have direct x 9.0b. i wonder what's happening to my game?

well then try dumpin yer temporary files. if not try defragmenting. beyond that try eidos or IOI tech support

Page 2 of 3 First First 123 Last