Page 1 of 24 1234511 ... Last

Thread: Thief: Deadly Shadows System Specifications

Thief: Deadly Shadows System Specifications

  1. #1
    Grey Mouser Guest

    Thief: Deadly Shadows System Specifications

    In the interests of providing useful information prior to the release of Thief: Deadly Shadows, here are the Official System Requirements:


    TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS:
    WINDOWS 2000/XP (ADMIN RIGHTS REQUIRED)(95/98/ME/NT NOT SUPPORTED!)
    INTEL PENTIUM® IV 1.5GHZ (AMD ATHLON XP™ EQUIVALENT)
    256MB SYSTEM MEMORY
    100% DIRECTX 9 COMPATIBLE SOUND CARD
    3GB FREE HARD DISC SPACE
    MOUSE AND KEYBOARD
    CD-ROM DRIVE REQUIRED
    EAX Advanced HD Supported - requires SoundBlaster Audigy range of soundcards.

    LAPTOPS ARE NOT SUPPORTED!

    SUPPORTED GRAPHICS CHIPSETS:
    ATI RADEON 8500
    ATI RADEON 9 SERIES (9000,9200,9500,9600,9700,9800)
    NVIDIA GEFORCE 3TI SERIES
    NVIDIA GEFORCE 4TI SERIES
    NVIDIA GEFORCE FX SERIES
    NVIDIA GEFORCE 6 SERIES
    GRAPHICS CARD MUST SUPPORT PIXEL SHADER 1.1!

    UNSUPPORTED GRAPHICS CHIPSETS:
    NVIDIA GEFORCE 4MX (460, 440 & 420)
    NVIDIA GEFORCE 4 GO
    NVIDIA QUADRO FX GO
    NVIDIA GEFORCE NFORCE2 & NFORCE3


    Note that although it is not specifically stated for the specs, the game will not run on any current on-board video chips, such as 'Intel Extreme Graphics' and whatnot. Just so you know.

  2. #2
    Damn, going to have to try that dual boot...
    I sooooo hate XP

    Thanks for the sharing the information, Grey Mouser!

  3. #3
    Wow, nothing pre-2000? Bold move, though I can't really condemn it. Anything with a 9x OS probably doesn't fill the other requirements. *Mr. Perfect ducks*

    3 gigs of HD space? Wowzers, I'm going to need a new drive in 4.25 more games at this rate!

  4. #4
    Grey Mouser Guest
    Originally posted by Mr. Perfect
    Wow, nothing pre-2000? Bold move, though I can't really condemn it. Anything with a 9x OS probably doesn't fill the other requirements. *Mr. Perfect ducks*
    Looks at Mr. Perfect's duck...sniffs...

    Yeah, that was pretty much the conclusion we came to. Note that I have seen the current build playing on Win 98SE, but with problems. It does run nicely under 2000/XP though...

    Hey, how much do you want for that duck?

  5. #5

    Thumbs Up

    *Ba pokes head in machine, screws around with many wires, unplugs this and that, oh damnit, got a shock........................

    Windoz XP..................................check
    Hmmm, 2.0 Ghz..........................check
    Pent 4.........................................check
    GForceTi4200-128meg................check
    512 DDR Ram..............................check
    2 40 gig drives............................check
    Sound........I have sound............check.... MATE!

    Cool.............................................

  6. #6

    Sound card ???

    Do you mean that I have to have a SB Audiology or just to have the whole EAX efect thing going...My system is way over spec except I have a sound blaster live sound card...will it work at all ???

    A64 3200+ Win XP Home
    1024 Corsier ddr 400 Ram
    Dual 10000RPM Raptors Raid 0
    Radeon 9500 Pro
    ASUS K8V Delux MB
    Enermax 460 watt PS
    Sound Blaster Live sound <<<???????????



    UPDATE...Runs great here

  7. #7
    Grey Mouser Guest

    Re: Sound card ???

    Originally posted by lightninglinr
    Do you mean that I have to have a SB Audiology or just to have the whole EAX efect thing going...My system is way over spec except I have a sound blaster live sound card...will it work at all ???
    Well, I have been mostly testing on a P IV 1.6Ghz with a GeForce FX 5900 Ultra and an SB Live! Value...runs and sounds nice, but I am only using a 2-speaker setup right now, need to try with a 5.1 config and/or headphones to see what it sounds like. I'll keep you posted.

  8. #8
    Thanks for getting back to me....I just put a fortune into my PC and didnt relly want to buy a 150$ sound card if I dont have to..I have a live in Girlfriend who is usually studying for Colledge or sleeping so I Use Headphones most of the time anyhow. At least I know it will work. I think mine is a SB Live Value too...EAX 1


  9. #9

    Re: Re: Sound card ???

    Originally posted by Grey Mouser
    Well, I have been mostly testing on a P IV 1.6Ghz with a GeForce FX 5900 Ultra and an SB Live! Value...runs and sounds nice, but I am only using a 2-speaker setup right now, need to try with a 5.1 config and/or headphones to see what it sounds like. I'll keep you posted.
    No, it won't support Live for EAX. But the sound engine is so good you really wouldn't notice
    RedLegg

  10. #10
    Originally posted by Grey Mouser
    Hey, how much do you want for that duck?
    Assuming I don't have to use it as a countermeasure against some 98SE diehards, I'd be willing to trade for a lemur.

  11. #11
    Lyril Guest
    Thanks GM. A ridiculously inept question: with the video cards specified, will an 'unsupported graphics card', - like my NVidia Geforce 4 MX 440 not work?

    Best to get alterations done in advance, if I have to.
    Thanks

  12. #12
    Wow those requirements are pretty steep... is that required or reccommended? If required than what are the reccomended?

  13. #13
    Originally posted by Lyril
    Thanks GM. A ridiculously inept question: with the video cards specified, will an 'unsupported graphics card', - like my NVidia Geforce 4 MX 440 not work?
    Yes, that is what it means.
    RedLegg

  14. #14
    Originally posted by WNxScythe
    Wow those requirements are pretty steep... is that required or reccommended? If required than what are the reccomended?
    Those are the required. You MAY have it run on a lower specification, but your performance will be VERY poor.

    The recommended specs are higher. 2gig plus CPU and 512 or higher RAM. Geforce 4 5600 or higher or ATI 9600 and up. Audigy 2 sound card for EAX support.
    RedLegg

  15. #15
    You mean FX5600 or ti4600? Big difference there. I assume the latter by the inclusion of the "4", but it is best to get clarification.

  16. #16

    Rolleyes

    OK, this totally blows, as I only have a laptop and have been waiting for this game to come out since I finished playing Thief 2! Anyone know if they plan to offer support for laptops and their associated videocards, either with an updated version of the game or via patch? Please somebody say yes!

    Alternatively (and this should highlight my vast technical ignorance), is there anyway to connect a supported videocard to the laptop externally (with some sort of housing)? If there is, somebody tell me how!

  17. #17
    No, you cannot connect an external video card to a laptop.
    A few laptops have decent graphics cards, but they are very modern and are quite expensive. The chances are your laptop does not contain one of these cards. As so few of these laptops come with the required card it makes little sense to spend the money testing them. However they may work fine!
    If you know the make and model I will be happy to tell you if your laptop even supports the required features.

  18. #18
    I have a Dell Inspiron 8200 (1.9 GHz Processor, 256 MB RAM). I'm pretty sure that it has a nVidia GeForce 4 Go card in it, but I do not remember off the top of my head. Is it even possible to upgrade the video card (or chip) in a laptop?

  19. #19
    Nope, you can't upgrade laptops(except for a couple hgih-end gamer laptops from Alien Ware.). In order to make such a small package every thing's jammed in on the motherboard.

    Also, unsupported cards can't be added with a patch. They physicly lack the hardware to do pixel shading calculations, which is responsible for the entire lighting and shadow work in Deadly Shadows.

    Oh and I think he ment a GF FX 5600, since that's the nVidia equivalent to the ATI Radeon 9600.

  20. #20
    Originally posted by DJC
    You mean FX5600 or ti4600? Big difference there. I assume the latter by the inclusion of the "4", but it is best to get clarification.
    Sorry, meant the former. ti4600 isn't on the recommended side, but should perform adiquately.
    RedLegg

  21. #21
    I have just above the required for most aspects:

    AMD 1800+ running at 1.67 GHz
    512 MB of RAM
    SB Live
    Radeon 9000 Pro

    I was able to play Deus Ex IW without too much problems with most if not all specs on lowest settings and on 800 x 600 resolution. Is Thief DS more or less demanding than DXIW? And will I be able to expect the same kind of performance...which was pretty good so I won't mind playing on similar settings as long as the gameplay if fine and graphics look better than Thief 2.

  22. #22
    i have an alienware laptop with the following

    1 gig ram
    pentium 4 3.0
    nvidia Geforce fx go5600 128mg
    xp professional
    hmm sound im not sure
    60 gig drive

    hopefully this will suffice.

    Anyone know if im good or screwed???

  23. #23
    Grey Mouser Guest
    Originally posted by Secrets Of Nosgoth
    I have just above the required for most aspects:

    AMD 1800+ running at 1.67 GHz
    512 MB of RAM
    SB Live
    Radeon 9000 Pro

    I was able to play Deus Ex IW without too much problems with most if not all specs on lowest settings and on 800 x 600 resolution. Is Thief DS more or less demanding than DXIW? And will I be able to expect the same kind of performance...which was pretty good so I won't mind playing on similar settings as long as the gameplay if fine and graphics look better than Thief 2.
    Based on those specs you "should" be fine, and able to run it with roughly similar settings. The engine is quite similar to DX:IW, except for the fact that T: DS runs better, in my experience anyway. Something about ION having a few more months to optimise...seems they put the time to good use.

  24. #24
    Grey Mouser Guest
    Originally posted by Claude Bauls
    i have an alienware laptop with the following

    1 gig ram
    pentium 4 3.0
    nvidia Geforce fx go5600 128mg
    xp professional
    hmm sound im not sure
    60 gig drive

    hopefully this will suffice.

    Anyone know if im good or screwed???
    You are "probably" fine. The reason I can't say for sure is...we do not test on any laptops whatsoever.

    However, yours being of a particularly nice pedigree and all, my guess is that it will run fine on it.

  25. #25
    ok thats good enough for me

    thanks

Page 1 of 24 1234511 ... Last