Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Thread: Official Hitman Contracts Minimum Requirements

Official Hitman Contracts Minimum Requirements

Official Hitman Contracts Minimum Requirements

The minimum system requirements are as follows:

COMPUTER:
    IBM PC or 100% compatible

OPERATING SYSTEM:
    Microsoft Windows 98SE/2000/XP (admin rights required)

CPU:
    Pentium III 800 or Athlon equivalent

RAM:
    128 Mb Windows 98SE
    256 Mb Windows 2000/XP

GRAPHICS:
    100% DirectX 8.1 compatible 32Mb 3D Accelerated Card

SOUND:
    Windows compatible sound card (100% DirectX 8.1 compatible)

CD-ROM:
    Quad-speed (4x) CD-ROM drive

HARD DRIVE:
    2Gb free disk space

INPUT DEVICES:
    100% DirectX 8.1 compatible mouse and keyboard

The recommended system requirements are as follows:

CPU:
    Pentium 4 1.6GHz or Athlon XP equivalent

RAM:
    256 Mb

GRAPHICS:
    64Mb 3D Card 100% DirectX 9 compatible

SOUND:
    Windows compatible sound card (100% DirectX 9 compatible)

CD-ROM:
    Eight-speed (8x) CD-ROM drive or faster

HARD DRIVE:
    2Gb free disk space

Official Hitman Contracts Website
    Also make sure to visit the updated Hitman Contracts Website.

I should be pretty fine, then. I don't have 2GB free space, but that's fixable.
    And I read that the rag-doll physics are performance-improved as well.

yanxi Guest
    Wow..... really 2GB? That's alot....... how many CD is Hitman 3? 2 CDs? Wow..... alot of space requirement.

riis97 Guest
    Hmm, gamestop.com lists the recommended requirements as "100% DX8 compatible 64MB graphics card" not 100 % DX9.

This is off of gamestop.com

Recommended

Processor: Pentium4(R) 1.6ghz (or Athlon XP equivalent)
    RAM: 256Mb System Memory
    Video Card: 100% DirectX 8.0 compatible 64meg Direct3D Card with TnL Support
    Processor: PLEASE NOTE – You may need to update your hardware drivers before playing the game.

hmmm will it work at geforce4 mx?

yes it will

Then it should work with a GF2 Pro.

DirectX9?

Will it require pixel and vertex shaders 2.0?
    Will it work on my Club 3D Radeon 9200SE?

riis97 Guest
    I don't think the GeForce 4 MX is 100% compatible with DX8.

I know Splinter Cell: PT requires a 64MB DX 8.1 compatible card and it lists the GeForce 4 MX chipsets as not supported.

Ge 3/4 Ti and Radeon 8500+ (which includes all the 9000 series) will work since they are listed as compatible with SC:PT (which has the same graphics card req. as H:C)

However, the min. requirment is a 32MB 100% DX8 compatible card..... I didn't know the made DX8 hardware cards in 32MB...Ge2's are DX7 so I don't know if they'll work.

At least this is how I've understood it so far...it seems a bit confusing.

Originally posted by riis97
    I don't think the GeForce 4 MX is 100% compatible with DX8.
    I know Splinter Cell: PT requires a 64MB DX 8.1 compatible card and it lists the GeForce 4 MX chipsets as not supported.
    The GF4 MX is not a gaming card, it was made to be cheap and to display windows desktops at the office...
    It does not support pixel and vertex shadding (wich is part of DX8) and thats why it couldnt run Splinter Cell.
    Hitman contracts will run on a MX4 card because the devs didnt use pixel/vertex shadding on this game (tsc tsc)... so the game is not full DX8.1 dependant.
    If IO had the comon sence of using shadders the xbox and pc versions would look even better than the ps2 and that would piss off our sony japanese friends .

Emesis Guest
    Originally posted by Alexlovesguns
    The GF4 MX is not a gaming card, it was made to be cheap and to display windows desktops at the office...
    It does not support pixel and vertex shadding (wich is part of DX8) and thats why it couldnt run Splinter Cell.
    Hitman contracts will run on a MX4 card because the devs didnt use pixel/vertex shadding on this game (tsc tsc)... so the game is not full DX8.1 dependant.
    If IO had the comon sence of using shadders the xbox and pc versions would look even better than the ps2 and that would piss off our sony japanese friends .
    GF 4 MX sure as hell is a gaming card. You don't need that much memory to display a Windows desktop. You don't need that much processing power either.

True, the GF 4 MX isn't much of a gaming card compared to the higher end models, but it is a gaming card regardless.

BTW - a 3200*2400 desktyop can be displayed with under 22 MB of memory, so a 32 MB video card could easily support any Windows enviroment. It takes just 5.5 MB to display a 1600*1200 desktop.

OK, GF4 MX is a gaming card made for really old games. Theres just too many games that wont run in it like the Indy's emperors tomb or Pop sands of time or SCPT, ive heard it uses the same gpu from GF2's and does not fully support DX8, its a bad cheap card to play games on.

No DirectX9??? Not even DX8?

Pixel/vertex shaders won't be used at all??????

Re: No DirectX9??? Not even DX8?

Originally posted by BombeR
    In the recomended spects they list a DX9 compatible card but from the looks of it (screens and trailers) i dont think it matters.

Re: No DirectX9??? Not even DX8?

Originally posted by BombeR
    Yes they are used, if detected.

Do you think you have to have them for the reflective effect in blood, for example?

joe89cool Guest

what about geforce2 mx400

can hitman: contracts work on 64MB geforce2 MX400 PCI?
    i know this card is hardly used for playing games but it can run splinter cell (the first one) quite decently.

anyway, geforce 2 cards have directx 7.0 support, but it can also suppport directx8.1 games...only that it cannot bring out the maximum potential of the game...so can I use geforce 2 cards for hitman?

I would think so, but I'm not completely sure, but I'm going to give it a shot.

joe89cool Guest
    yeah...geforce 2 still lives....

So, DX7, DX8, DX8.1 or DX9???

A "DX7" graphic card is good enough as long it has 32MB. However, DirectX9.0b will most likely be required to be installed. The game will probably not work if one only have DirectX7 installed.

Re: what about geforce2 mx400

Originally posted by joe89cool
    can hitman: contracts work on 64MB geforce2 MX400 PCI?
    i know this card is hardly used for playing games but it can run splinter cell (the first one) quite decently.

anyway, geforce 2 cards have directx 7.0 support, but it can also suppport directx8.1 games...only that it cannot bring out the maximum potential of the game...so can I use geforce 2 cards for hitman?
    Im pretty sure HC will run on gf2 but im surprised that Splinter cell ran any good on that card , and why would one get a PCI card for gaming ...

Re: Re: what about geforce2 mx400

Originally posted by Alexlovesguns
    Im pretty sure HC will run on gf2 but im surprised that Splinter cell ran any good on that card , and why would one get a PCI card for gaming ...
    Because some people have computers that don't have AGP slots (like me). My GeForce FX5200 PCI card ran Deus Ex: Invisible War very well, even when everyone said that it would run like crap.

Helpmeplease Guest

HELP

For some reason, whenever I try to start the game, the screen goes black as if it is beginning, and then goes right back to my desktop. It is really frustrating. I have all of the system requirements, is there anything I need to change? Any help is appreciated.

Re: HELP

Originally posted by Helpmeplease
    is there anything I need to change? Any help is appreciated.
    Maybe someone could help if they knew your sistem specs? Or if you have updated your drivers? DX version?

Page 1 of 3 123 Last