Page 3 of 3 First First 123

Thread: Official Hitman Contracts Minimum Requirements

Official Hitman Contracts Minimum Requirements

fyi: its catalyst 4.7

WRFan: Contracts looks a helluva lot better than Hitman 2. but with most games these days, they say minimum cpu speed is blah blah blah but the truth is you need an 800 mhz or 1ghz to actually see the game in a decent form. and what the hell vid card is that? that sounds pretty old, so thats prob the other reason Contracts looks like crap on yer comp.

Unwyred: I'm almost positive that theres something about triangles on heads on the FAQs. so CHECK THOSE FIRST.

niels van de sype: I'm not sure if yer asking whether yer card can support Hitman: Contracts, or if it's compatible with it. Since you have a 256meg 9600 you can play any game on the market right now. as for compatibility i'd say yes cuz i havent heard of any complaints with Prophets. but dont hold me to that.

Carbonade: what are the rest of yer specs? cuz that sounds unbelievable!

in general: before posting, yeah, DL THE PATCH FIRST. then CHECK THE FAQ'S and dl the latest vid drivers.

and i suggest upping to 512 ddr-ram; even more if yer vid card is shared, cuz that may be the cause of crappy framerates.

if yer upgradin yer vid card (cuz so many ppl are havin trouble) i suggest an 128meg ati radeon 9700 pro, cuz thats what i have, and tests (performed by PCGamer) show that it outperforms all the 128meg NVidia cards (except for that crazy new one which requires 480watts).

jhirael Guest

Re: System Requirements/Graphics

Originally posted by Unwyred
    Well, I have a 2.00 GHz AMD Athlon processor, 512 MB RAM, 80 GB hard drive, 64 MB RAM NVIDIA GeForce4 MX graphics card, and Windows XP. When I play Hitman:Contracts, it doesn't matter what setting I have the graphics, or sound on, some of the characters are deformed. They have these triangular extensions on their hands, or on the back of their heads, or their chins; and sometimes the terrain goes black or peach and deformed. What I want to know is, is it my graphics card doing this? It supports DX-9. If not, than what can I do to fix this? I had the same problem with the demo version of Hitman:Silent Assassin but I downloaded the full ripped version and it was fine. What do you all think?
    Thanks~Jaik
    i have similar specs except I have a amd athlon 1.7 and geforcefx 5200. While it does run in my computer, the character movements seem like they're stuck in permanent slow motion. Eidos, what's up with this game? your QA should thoroughly test this first before releasing it in the market.

have you tried the v1.74 patch?

jhirael Guest
    ya, i did. Still the same. I deleted the temp files, defragmented, and reinstalled also. I wonder what could be causing the problem? If you have more suggestions, please tell me. I don't want to think that I wasted money on a slow-mo game.

umm, do you have the latest drivers for your hardware? sorry thats all i can think of. well you could try tech support...

jhirael Guest
    ya, i do. i'm not sure though if my motherboard driver is updated. if i installed the new via 4 in 1 drivers, would it affect the soundcard driver? thanks for the help fredthehobo.

im going to assume the "new via 4 in 1 drivers" is a set drivers by a company "Via"? so i dunno. it'd depend what the new drivers are for. to be safe just update drivers for all yer hardware that is needed: (if you havent already) motherboard, processing chip, vid card, sound card. (did i forget anything?)

p.s. finding the correct processing chip driver can be a real * so you may want to skip that one.

jhirael Guest
    i never even knew that a processing chip has drivers. I can see why it would be difficult to find the right drivers for that. thanks! i'll try installing the new driver i downloaded for the motherboard.

grbtek Guest
    Hi I have a little issue with the game:

I met the req. by far but in my pc the gema runs extremly slow, why? I have a friend with the game and his pc is slower than mine and wiht him the game runs great.

My Specs:

Pentium 4 2.8 HT
    1 GB RAM DDR400
    200GB in HDD
    Geforce FX5200 128MB
    Sound Integrated with the motherboard (Intel D865bgf)

Friend Specs¨

Pentium 4 2.4
    512MB RAM DDR266
    Gforce 4 MX 440
    SOund Integrated with MB (Intel D846GEBV2)

you might want to dump your temporary files and defragment. also need to make sure you have enough hard drive space for defragmenting, which (allows you to defragment and) could hinder processing speed if you have very little room left. also, if you're running multiple processes at the same time it slows yer computer down, even with HT (it just affects it less with HT).

Sam Needs Guest

Re: Official Hitman Contracts Minimum Requirements

Originally posted by Jumpin_Jebus
    The minimum system requirements are as follows:

COMPUTER:
    IBM PC or 100% compatible

OPERATING SYSTEM:
    Microsoft Windows 98SE/2000/XP (admin rights required)

CPU:
    Pentium III 800 or Athlon equivalent

RAM:
    128 Mb Windows 98SE
    256 Mb Windows 2000/XP

GRAPHICS:
    100% DirectX 8.1 compatible 32Mb 3D Accelerated Card

SOUND:
    Windows compatible sound card (100% DirectX 8.1 compatible)

CD-ROM:
    Quad-speed (4x) CD-ROM drive

HARD DRIVE:
    2Gb free disk space

INPUT DEVICES:
    100% DirectX 8.1 compatible mouse and keyboard

The recommended system requirements are as follows:

CPU:
    Pentium 4 1.6GHz or Athlon XP equivalent

RAM:
    256 Mb

GRAPHICS:
    64Mb 3D Card 100% DirectX 9 compatible

SOUND:
    Windows compatible sound card (100% DirectX 9 compatible)

CD-ROM:
    Eight-speed (8x) CD-ROM drive or faster

HARD DRIVE:
    2Gb free disk space

Official Hitman Contracts Website
    Also make sure to visit the updated Hitman Contracts Website.
    Hi,

I have all of the recomended and more but still my FPS is very low! Can you advise?

My specs are 1.8Ghz (AMD Athlon XP2000+), 1024mb DDR Ram (2100), Exair FX5200 128MB and i still get an FPS of about 3-5.

Agent48 Guest

256mb Nvidia card

Hi. Im new here. I ws just wondering if anyone might be able to recommend good 256 mb Nvidia video card.

The 6800 Ultra is a good 256 nvidia video card

(found in the newest PCGamer) BFG came out with a 6800U OC. and its nice cuz it runs faster (OC'ed) and it doesnt require 480 watts like all the other 6800s do. its still $500 so thats always a bummer.

however if yer just lookin for a new vid card i still recommend ATI's 9700 Pro 128mb cuz that can handle just about anything except UT2003/2004 graphics on full. (it prob cant handle Far Cry graphics on full either) but its a helluva lot cheaper than other cards cuz its about 2 years old.

_Hitman87_ Guest
    can any1 give me suggestions if this game will run on my laptop?

here are my coms specs:

Microsoft Xp Pro
    Intel Pentium M Processor 1500Mhz, ~1.5GHz
    512mb ram
    Ati Mobility Radeon 9000 32mb

as the title thread, and thus the first post , minimum requirements are an 800mhz, 256 ram (for XP), and a 32mg card. You satisfy those requirements. However, that means you will be able to play the game with all the lowest settings. Optimal Performance requirements are 1.6ghz, 256 ram, and a 64meg card. You dont meet 2 of those requirements. If you are only playing Contracts (and not running any other taxing processes) you can probably get the midway graphics settings, but thats probably about it, or else you will lag a lot. Those are just my guesses, i really dont have an evidence to back that up at all. I would suggest gettin a new vid card and you'd be good to go since that would be your biggest issue.

Page 3 of 3 First First 123