Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Defiance Cool Tricks

Defiance Cool Tricks

Hey everyone.

Did anyone find any cool Defiance tricks?

I'll give you guys an example.

When your Raziel, and you have many different Reavers, hold autoface, (don't need to be around an enemy) and keep switching back and forth between all your reavers.

The colours/colors!!!

heh heh.
    Take help where it is offered. Yet I’ve always found that help offered when not needed, is usually no help at all… {Kain}

I think that if you change to fire reaver with Raziel near enemies the ring will burn/hit the enemy.

With Raziel, if you hold autoface and tap TK, the Reaver sort of bends in two.
    I always was considered heartless.....
    http://sigstressumah.members.easyspace.com/anda.jpg

Really? I'm gonna try that.

Thx.
    Take help where it is offered. Yet I’ve always found that help offered when not needed, is usually no help at all… {Kain}

Nope, didn't work for me.

Thumbs Up

Yeah, at least on my copy of the game it does. I've only tried it before Raziel's advanced TK though. I think I first noticed it in Vorador's Mansion, when I was trying to get rid of those pesky sluagh, couldn't see where they were coming from (*coughcameraanglescough*) so I just started TK-ing like mad, lol.

Originally posted by gklok
    Nope, didn't work for me.
    Ugh, I'm sorry.
    I even have a screenshot of that on my comp at home in Romania. I'll ask someone to email it to me, and I will show it to you if I can.

It dident work for me either.
    http://dark-temple.members.easyspace.com/ReaverSig2.JPG
    Suppose you throw a coin enought times, Suppose one day it lands on it edge...........

I think this only works with the advanced TK ability but I've only done it with Kain, when you jump use TK and yopu will float down to the ground slower than with Kain's Vampire method. Not very impressive I know but I thought I might as well say something.

cool jumping effect

When you are kain (and possibly raziel) press jump and then immediately press feed. The result is a cool slow motion hover into the air, it looks wicked!

while playing as Kain, beat up an enemy, and then go near him and tap the feed button and he'll grab the enemy and throw him to the ground. pretty nice way of finishing him

God-like Raziel

If you initiate Raz's light reaver special just before a cutscene, he will glow a yellow colour and remain so until you switch to spectral/change reaver.

In response to card's trick,

Ya, I did that before that's awesome, its like a whole new move.

Hiya Peeps,

This isnt really a trick, but trying playing the game in wireframe mode as opposed to normally playing it. You can see all the Arcane Tomes and the Bonus Items as if you had X-Ray eyes. You can obviously see through walls, see through people and both learn and appreciate how the levels and characters are made. Im soo glad that CD decided to put an awesome cheat system in. Its like seeing the game throught the programmers eyes. My being a programmer make this an interesting learning experience.

Wanna know a real trick, play the entire game back to back in wireframe mode without changing to texture rendering or back to the normal mode until you complete the game - now thats a trick.

I can pretty much do it, but I miss the levels too much and the fun of beating the hell out of enemies gets sucked out. Anyway peeps, play on !

PEACE OUT !!!
    One Man Can Make a Difference ! (Wilton Knight - Founder of the Knight Foundation)

Here's some tricks i found, complete with screenshots and video clips:

http://www.video-opera.com/features/f0014.php

Nicely done Majestros.

Thanx gklok. I was just trying to stimulate some game engine discussion over here and at the same time, give some people from our fighting game crowd a reason to try out LoKD.

I think there's lots and lots of more tricks to be discovered in LoKD but it seems that most people have left it for other titles due to the limited "replay value" of the game. I tried to do my part in lending support as a fan by writing a full (overly positive) review of the game (on the same site) and by writing that article.

As a longtime fan of the series, i really enjoyed LoKD for lots of reasons. If another installment is released, i'll definately play through it and maybe return here to discuss it. But unless you consider these forums your "online hangout" there just isn't much to do here until then.

All of my personal "online hangouts" are fighting game related communities, and till there's another LoK game to explore, i'll just be working on http://sonichurricane.com ... there's always more stuff to do when you're a combo fanatic like myself.

Cool trick to get the spectral reaver in the physical world which allows you to go through bars and walk on water in the physical realm.
    Go into spectral and change into toon raziel go to a portal to the physical realm and go through, as your going through (it must as he is going through) change raziel back to normal and there is the spectral reaver.
    If you do this you also can run away from the corpse and watch it pull itself apart.

That sounds pretty cool.

BTW, Majestros, that trick with Kain, where you slide from side to side, that's awesome. The part where you need to press FEED after each slide, that's clever. Good job again.

Hiya Peeps,

Originally posted by gklok
    That sounds pretty cool.

BTW, Majestros, that trick with Kain, where you slide from side to side, that's awesome. The part where you need to press FEED after each slide, that's clever. Good job again.
    I went to the site that Majestros provided. But in the 4 clips I downloaded of Raziel and Kain, I dont remember seeing the ine that your explaining gklok ? Have I missed something ?

The one of Kain I think your referring to is the slide evading technique where basically you have autoface enabled and you continuously shuffle forward or backwards depending where you want to go but you mention feed button as well, could you elaborate . Thanks in advance !

PEACE OUT !!!
    One Man Can Make a Difference ! (Wilton Knight - Founder of the Knight Foundation)

Sure. I'll explain. If you just target and hold a direction while pressing jump, you will shuffle slowly. There is a delay in between each shuffle. The way that Majestros did it in the video was done very quickly. He wrote above (or below) the picture of the video that you need to use a move that cancels out the shuffle, so what you do is,
    Regular shuffle, then right at the end, tap the feed button, then shuffle again. This way, Kain/Raziel will shuffle extremely fast, (as shown in the video) instead of their regular slow speed.

Hope you understand that. If you don't, read what it says on Majestros site.

I found another cool trick. I personally like this one. When your Kain, at the start of the first level, don't move from your spot. If you look to your left, you will see some barrels. Here's the trick.

Part 1 of the trick: Hold the TK AIM (not TK button, but TK AIM) button and aim it at the barrels. Keep holding the button. When you do this, the barrels will float around in a circle. Its really awesome to see Kain controlling his powers. When you let go of the button, the barrel will break.

Part 2 of the trick: If you go right up against the barrels and break them with this technique, you can actually injure Kain. Pretty funny.

And Another.

When your Kain, if you use your TK AIM on those big rocks that you need to knock down to pass by (its the one's just before you end the first level, after you superjump) if you hold TK AIM on them, they will begin to shake, and fall apart.

Actualy,when you come back with Raziel to Voradors place you can use TK to toss chairs at your enemy`s...

Interesting. Can you do that with Kain and his barrels? I haven't found a way.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast