Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: thief3.com updated!!!

thief3.com updated!!!

Thumbs Up thief3.com updated!!!

New characters (the spooky translator kid is back! YEAH!)

new screenies

more info on weapons (nothing on moss arrows though, makes you wonder...)

a screensaver!

edit - I missed a few things:

new concept art

new wallpapers

new icons

a print ad (not a good caption in it, though: "I have the power to take everything from you. Including your life" -sounds too slashy imo.)

Chimp, which version of the site are you viewing? Only the USA version has the updates right now.

I used USA and nothing new.

I went through the USA part at the Portal. . .er. . .I use that version anyway I'm pretty sure. . .I can see nothing.

Darn

You are probably viewing the older version of the site, try cleaning your browser cache. If you are using a proxy, turn it off. If it still doesn't work, I'll try to put up some direct links.

Thank you very much.

New character descriptions:

Interpreteur Caduca and translator Gamall
    This unlikely pair is responsible for presenting the Glyph prophecies to the Keepers. Old and blind, Interpreter Caduca uses her hands to read the eerily luminescent Glyphs, while the unfeeling child, Gamall, translates Caduca's words so they are understandable - even if their true meaning is not always clear.

Garrett
    Garrett is a master thief, able to sneak past any guadr, pick any lock, and brak into the most ingeniously secured residences. World weary and cynical, Garrett steals from the wealthy and gives to himself,wanting nothing more than to be left alone to ply his trade. But things never work out that way.

Thug
    Tough and dangerous, Thugs patrol the darkly lit streets taking anything they wish from hapless peasants. To thugs, Garrett is a competitor and a threat. With some skill, Garrett should be able to turn the tides on these nefarious goons and take from them those things which they have taken from someone else.

I too second the *Thank you very much Those are great. I don't see much blue in those screen shots. Dark, gritty, love it. Those are great.

I totally whiped my cache. . .And the site still won't load. :3

On the upside, the Internet works again! ((!?))

*looks at the new pics of Garrett* Hmn.

*grabs him and drags him off to a secluded place* Heeee

New weapon descriptions:

Flashbomb
    When stealth fails you, sometimes you need to beat a hasty retreat. The flashbomb is the perfect escape tool: toss it to the ground to blind your enemies, then sneak off while they can't see.

Explosive Mine
    The mine is a deadly trap in the hands of a cunning thief. Toss it in the path of a patrolling guard, or drop it to cover your tracks when you can't afford to let someone sneak up on you.

Mechanical Eye
    An ideal scouting tool, your mechanical eye zooms in on objects far away, letting you see the details necessary to plan your break in.

Lock Picks
    A locked door is no obstacle for a skilled thief. With these thin, metal picks, you can pop any lock in moments... Or even faster, if you've been practising. But picking a lock always takes precious time, so be sure to watch your back.

Dagger
    A lethal means to an end. Delivering a final surprise on your enemies does clear your path in the short term, however a dead body goes unseem for only so long.

Climbing Gloves
    A smart thief is a creative thief. Climbing gloves provide new paths to a target, and an effective tool of evasion when avoiding guarded ground level or when being hunted.

You are all welcome .

Thanks guys, this week just keeps getting better and better. First I won the COH beta contest at mmorpg.com, now this! What else is next, I get a girlfirend?!

could somebody who can get the new updated site, maybe post a link, that might work, so all of us unlucky fans, can look at the updates? I'm not sure if it will work, but thanks anyway...

hope i don't offend anybody (what? me? offensive?), but pic 14 looks like garret's a fan of mel gibson films.

pic 22 is pretty sweet. if ya don't focus, or give too much attention to it, ya can glance over garret. he just kinda seems to blend in to me.

overall some slick screens that are doing a number on my anticipation rating. but will it run?

Thank you so much! I was wondering how soon, "Coming Soon" was. Then I remembered when the site wasn't fully up and 'Coming Soon" was on it. Yeah, THAT was real soon.

Originally posted by ninjafisk[dk-cph]
    could somebody who can get the new updated site, maybe post a link, that might work, so all of us unlucky fans, can look at the updates? I'm not sure if it will work, but thanks anyway...
    *laughs* I think it's our browsers, mate. I can't see any updates either.

Pics

My only problem with the screenshots are that there are no first-person shots. It annoys me, as it suggests that the primary mode is third-person.

New pics of characters & weapons:

Caduca & Gamall
    Garrett
    Thug
    Hammerite (updated)
    pagan
    Flashbomb
    Mine
    Lock Picks
    Dagger
    Climbing Gloves

This sums up the new content of the page .

Re: Pics

Originally posted by TheLostSoul
    My only problem with the screenshots are that there are no first-person shots. It annoys me, as it suggests that the primary mode is third-person.
    From the new shots that were posted, there are some first person shots of him firing with his bow, using a noise maker arrow, and what looked to be a fire arrow. Trying to get more into each screenie, would be my guess.

I think why they did the rest of the screen shots, is to be able to see Garrett, and see more of the surroundings, remember the 3rd person view is only an option.

TheLostSoul - what do you mean no first person screenshots?

What are pics 17, 18, 19 and 20 then?

The reason why there are more TPP screenhots is probably just the fact that they look cooler . Know Morrowind? That game had both first and third person. Most people played it in fpp but made screenshots in tpp to make their character visible.

Originally posted by van_HellSing PL
    TheLostSoul - what do you mean no first person screenshots?

What are pics 17, 18, 19 and 20 then?

The reason why there are more TPP screenhots is probably just the fact that they look cooler . Know Morrowind? That game had both first and third person. Most people played it in fpp but made screenshots in tpp to make their character visible.
    The only time we see the action from a first person perspective is when he aims with his bow. Even in the X-Box version, that is going to be first-person. I would like to see how the PC-version will look. I know that they have not yet completed the HUD, but it would be interesting to get an idea, without a bow obstructing the view...
    No one who is truly in love is truly happy - Aaron Stainthorpe

Oops, I forgot about the new AIM icons .

Here they are:

Now the two first ones are obviously a pagan and a keeper assasin. More interesting are the second two - is it just me or is that The Eye?! I can't figure out who the guy with the glowing eyes is, the Trickster maybe?

Ooh, looks like there's going to be a nice plot!

Page 1 of 2 12 Last