Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Thread: The Music of KINGDOM HEARTS

The Music of KINGDOM HEARTS

The Music of KINGDOM HEARTS

Starting off with some news:
    "KINGDOM HEARTS 10th Anniversary FAN SELECTION -Melodies & Memories-"
    store.jp.square-enix.com/detail/SQEX-103...
    www.square-enix.co.jp/music/sem/page/kh/...

Oh! It looks like a voting thing where you can pick the tracks you like, and hopefully they will be included.

Indeed. Nice idea, huh? It's a good way of letting the fans decide on the perfect collection of melodies themselves.

Interview: The Evolving Sounds of Kingdom Hearts 3D

www.1up.com/features/interview-evolving-...

Is there any way to order the Kingdom Hearts 3D [Dream Drop Distance] album in Australia?(And maybe the Meow Wow plushie too).
    I've heard that the Australian market is run by the European department but I don't think they ship to Australia.

Anyone know?

It does appear that there is an official reseller for Square-Enix in your country, unfortunatly they don't seem to carry any of the soundtracks. My recommendation in this case is play-asia.com. You will most likely want to use pay-pal for the currency conversion, it's the least complex way in my opinion.

www.play-asia.com/Kingdom_Hearts_3D_Drea...

for the plushie, the soundtrack is seemingly out of print for them but ill keep looking for you... also keep an eye out there is a Kingdom Hearts music compilation that should be coming according to the japanese site. which I'll also check into.

Ok, the 3d one is pretty much gone for the moment... but you might want to check this out.

www.square-enix.co.jp/music/sem/page/kh/...

So September 19th 2012 the fan selection compilation will release... I would recommend preordering it from which ever site you prefer...

here is one place you can order from...

www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=M...

These are your best bets...

Thanks for the reply!

I'll have a look at those links.

So I've been wondering: Is Dream Drop Distance going to have a a new theme? It's probably very likely but I still wonder about it giving that it hasn't been clarified (to me) yet. With that said, what will the new theme's name (should there be one) be? I'm going to give my guess; considering that I see the words in alot of the Nintendo POWER reviews I guess that the new theme will be: What Dream Are Made Of.

Any other guesses?

I don't think so, if you are referring to the opening songs played in KH(Simple and Clean) and KH2 (Sanctuary), the opening for DDD is actually a song that has played in the credits of each KH game so far(the Hikari instrumental version). If I'm correct, the singer for the first two refuses to do anymore because of financial issues with Disney.

I thought Utada Hikaru quit singing altogether? I'm really happy that Hikari Orchestra will be the theme though, that's one of my favorite tracks from the KHI OST. The DDD OST has been up on YouTube since it was released in Japan so I'll go search through that and see if one of them is labelled as the game's theme at some point.

Originally Posted by Basho

I thought Utada Hikaru quit singing altogether? I'm really happy that Hikari Orchestra will be the theme though, that's one of my favorite tracks from the KHI OST. The DDD OST has been up on YouTube since it was released in Japan so I'll go search through that and see if one of them is labelled as the game's theme at some point.

did she really? thats kind of sad. a lot of fans will be angry if someone else sings a theme for KH. But, as you say, its a good song choice to use. That said, something will feel wrong about KH3 if it doesn't have a Hikaru song in it.

From her wiki page:
    On August 9, 2010, Utada announced on her personal blog that beginning in 2011, she would go on an indefinite hiatus, citing fatigue since her debut 12 years previously. She also stated a need for rest, to study new things and learn more about the world, as well as see to some personal matters. She said the hiatus would last anywhere from two to five years.

It had a source, but the source was her Japanese blog and I am still looking for a good textbook to start learning the language so I can't confirm that it's a decent translation. The wiki didn't have any info about a fallout with Disney, but I do remember reading back when BBS was made that there wouldn't be any new songs from her in the series. They might be able to re-use Passion and Simple and Clean, though.

Oh that really stinks. I liked her songs. Maybe they could use one of her other songs from her older albums?

I think Utadu quitting is legit. It was announced waaaaay back.

I won't lie, for a while I thought the reason why KH3 was taking so long was because Nomura (I believe he specifically wanted her to do the vocals in the first place, according to wiki or something) was trying to negotiate for her to come back to do a new song, lol.

I believe she left because she was only being paid to do one language of her song. She wasn't paid for the other language. So she sang 4 songs, but only got paid for 2 :/

Truthfully, I like her, but she isn't a requirement for the series. However, I would like to see a new song for KH3. You guys heard the Japanese song for FFXIII? I read the translated lyrics, and that sounded really close to what KH is about, especially throwing in that English phrase "dear my friends". Maybe that singer could consider doing something for KH? Though I guess she would have to sing well in English too. Hrmm...

Is there any word on if the 3 CD soundtrack is going to be released in NA?

I guess not and I really want it too! I think it shouldn't be too far since the game is about to launch.

Yeah, I'd rather not have to import again. I have the other 3 soundtracks and would really like to get this one in the US.

Noooooo! Simple and Clean is my favorite song from my favorite video game. Kingdom Hearts will never be the same without her.

Is there any word on when the soundtrack is going to be released in NA?

The answer would be...probably not. While there is the chance that it might be available for itunes eventually, your best bet might be importing it.

CD Japan link:

www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=SQ...

On the bright side, I see soundtrack has three discs. All of the other KH OSTS were only two discs!

Suposedly this soundtrack was/is supposed to come to NA, and it's already out in Japan and EU.

At least according to this: twitter.com/squareenixemily/status/19822...

The soundtrack before this one was also 3 CDs. (The one for BBS 358/2 days and Re:coded.)

I thought that Utada was only taking a break from her music career and wasn't *done* done.

Originally Posted by YukiTsubaki

The answer would be...probably not. While there is the chance that it might be available for itunes eventually, your best bet might be importing it.

CD Japan link:

www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=SQ...

On the bright side, I see soundtrack has three discs. All of the other KH OSTS were only two discs!

While an iTunes release would be nice, I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for it, seeing that no Kingdom Hearts music whatsoever was available there last time I checked while every Final Fantasy can be found.

Going off on a tangent though, Birth By Sleep did have a 3-disc soundtrack, although it cheated a little by including music from 358/2 Days and RE: Coded...

Page 1 of 3 123 Last