Page 2 of 3 First First 123 Last

Thread: The Music of KINGDOM HEARTS

The Music of KINGDOM HEARTS

I was able to find this:

twitter.com/squareenixemily/status/19822...

But a release date would be nice haha.

All of the Uematsu FF soundtracks have been taken down, actually, including the recent two Piano Opera records. I don't see a NA release happening, myself, digital or physical.

If it doesn't make it to NA, it will be the only region that didn't get a release for this soundtrack.

And judging by the twitter link I posted, It's supposed to be.

You can watch it here!!

www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Bkbu0YP6Ew

Awesome. Hope it gets released out here. I imported last soundtrack(BBS + Days & Coded) and it is amazing.

She's on hiatus IIRC. I'd be happy if they moved on from Hikari and Passion, especially since I don't like either of the English alternatives at all. I love the orchestrated instrumental versions though and am okay with them using those for trailers and opening sequences like they have been.

Originally Posted by Jalian

Originally Posted by Basho

I thought Utada Hikaru quit singing altogether? I'm really happy that Hikari Orchestra will be the theme though, that's one of my favorite tracks from the KHI OST. The DDD OST has been up on YouTube since it was released in Japan so I'll go search through that and see if one of them is labelled as the game's theme at some point.

did she really? thats kind of sad. a lot of fans will be angry if someone else sings a theme for KH. But, as you say, its a good song choice to use. That said, something will feel wrong about KH3 if it doesn't have a Hikaru song in it.

What will they have to be sad about if they get a world-known talent to sing the song instead? Didn't they get Leona Lewis to do the song for FFXIII?

KINGDOM HEARTS 10th Anniversary FAN SELECTION -Melodies & Memories- - Update

www.square-enix.co.jp/music/sem/page/kh/...

"Kingdom Hearts Fans In Japan Select Favorite Songs For 10th Anniversary CD"

www.siliconera.com/2012/09/09/kingdom-he...

So wait, are these gonna be new arrangements, or just the same songs already released in previous soundtracks, but presented as "Greatist Hits" collection?

I don't know why, but I was under the assumption this was a new piano-arrangement ost, lol...

Ah, no. I believe it's simply a collection of the most popular songs of the series.

I voted during the survey period and many of my choices were Birth by Sleep songs. It's good to see Lord of the Castle was included.
    One who knows nothing can understand nothing.

KINGDOM HEARTS 10th ANNIVERSARY FAN SELECTION -Melodies & Memories- - Now on Sale

www.square-enix.co.jp/music/sem/page/kh/...

Though I get the idea behind fan selections, if that's the tracklisting, it is heinously unbalanced and focuses way too much on arrangements of Dearly Beloved and battle themes.

KH 10th Anniversary Fan Selection soundtrack unboxing

kh13.com/news/33332-kh-10th-anniversary-...

KINGDOM HEARTS Original Soundtrack COMPLETE

www.amazon.co.jp/exec/obidos/ASIN/B000MQ...

The Greatest Video Game Music 2 Fate of the Unknown Sample Track Released

khinsider.com/news/The-Greatest-Video-Ga...

Gotta be honest, not really diggin' that version of Fate of the Unknown. I sort of reject most unofficial remixes/rehashes of gaming music in the first place, but I'm all for live orchestra performances. But wasn't a big fan of that more modern twist guitar playing in some parts, and for some reason, it just sounded slower. In this case, original is waaay better for me :/

Ritsu Records SOMEDAY -KINGDOM-MIX-

khinsider.com/news/Ritsu-Records-SOMEDAY...

Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 ReMIX soundtrack - Dearly Beloved (Kingdom Hearts Final Mix version)

www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-vocpZRZtQ

Thanks Grimor, for linking me to this forum. Subscribed. Let us all thank Yoko Shimoura for her beautiful work.

This is the beautiful work of Baker Ruth. I aspecaly like her version of "Xion's Theme. http://www.bak-r.be/KHDestiny/KingdomHeartsDestiny.html

I enjoyed the version of Fate of the unknown.

Yoko Shimomura Discusses Potential KINGDOM HEARTS HD 1.5 ReMIX Soundtrack! www.khinsider.com/news/Yoko-Shimomura-Di...

Kingdom Hearts opening themes localised (Simple and Clean | Sanctuary)

Hello, I hope this gets some sort of helpful response and as such I'll try my hardest to wrap this up quickly. I've been searching high and low for the English opening themes for Kingdom Hearts I & II, namely Simple and Clean ~Translated from Hikari~ (as well as it's PlanitB remix) And Sanctuary ~English version of Passion~. I haven't been able to find it either within the official Square Enix Soundtracks nor in Utada's own albums. If anybody knows where I could find this it would be much appreciated, I'm just a little shocked it wasn't at least uploaded to ITunes, Amazon, or even Bandcamp. I would happily pay for these three songs. <3 <3 <3
    *Bearing in mind I already have the Japanese Versions of these tracks.
    Last edited by Vashtsb; 14th Aug 2013 at 22:59. Reason: Disambiguation

Page 2 of 3 First First 123 Last