Thread: mediocre graphics

mediocre graphics

mediocre graphics

does anyone else here find the screenshots of thief 3 to be a little dissapointing? for a next generation game, the graphics look pretty mediocre to me.

Nope, see the new ones.

there are a lot of things that make up nextgen games. graphics are only one of em.

Seem just fine to me, with the benefit of realising that I am not really viewing them in actual gameplay. I bet they will look stunning on screen to eye, especially the casting of light, shadow and colours.
    All that is yours will soon be mine....

Correct...the screenies are just jpg's.

They do look a wee bit dull, but the lighting effects are really keen. I love the dust motes in the moon beams.

The screen shots look good to me. And I also agree, JPEGs with color editing cannot do justice to the real thing. Any graphics slightly better than Thief 2 would be just fine with me. I would sacrifice gee whiz lighting effects in favor of better game play and larger mission size. IMO, the only trick graphics that would be nice for a change is facial expression.

And just wait til you see the same graphics in motion, >50 frames per second.

-JR-

Re: mediocre graphics

Originally posted by pepperzz
    does anyone else here find the screenshots of thief 3 to be a little dissapointing? for a next generation game, the graphics look pretty mediocre to me.
    Stop complaining! They look Brilliant, and there a big improvement from thief 2!

I'm looking forward to the lighting - or more specifically the shadowing. I can see it adding a lot to the game. Imagine waking up some AI NPC's if you forget to douse a lamp in the corridor before opening a door.

Or we could have good screenshots but bad graphics during actual gameplay.

*cough*DX:IW*cough*