Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Thread: Final Fantasy XI: Seekers of Adoulin

Final Fantasy XI: Seekers of Adoulin

A recently registered trademark, and lots of new zones found from dat minng the latest test server update show one thing.

At Vanafest over the next few days, a new expansion of Final Fantasy XI named Seekers of Adoulin will be announced.

wilddragonchase.blogspot.sg/2012/06/ffxi...

My question is, why? Love FF11, but FF14 has shown so much potential and its great that they're putting so much into it. It is really getting a lot of positive attention now and I think most of us are looking to 2.0.

And I should stress I'm not against this, but it seems like an odd decision. Its been 4 years since we last had a proper expansion, just Abyssea and a few DLC add-ons.

The title Seekers of Adoulin references a town mentioned by a few NPCs in the Wings of the Goddess era. It supposedly has a strong Dragoon presence, a library that rivals Windursts, and strong relations with San d'Oria, being just to the west. I also read somewhere that the few Adoulian items we have seen have a native american feel to them. The areas that have been found seem to have a tropical vibe, althoug it is VERY difficult to say as the textures used are just placeholders.

I'm very excited, watch this space, expect to see something over the next couple of days. Oh and we already know we're getting a new UI, so thats something else to look forward to.

They said they were going to continue supporting 2 FF MMO's, just keeping XI energized for the people that still are playing that one.

XIV 2.0 looks like it will top it, but not everyone will move.

As long as they can continue to support 2 MMO's as well as people hope when XIV 2.0 releases, I'd say let them release w/e they want for XI.

EQ still got expansions long after EQ2 released.

If this is a new expansion/add-on, I'd say it's definitely the last, but XIV does have a lot of potential with 2.0.

Yep, confirmed for a 2013 release, which will be after XIV 2.0/PS3 release, but will I juggle 2 MMO's?
    Or 3 even with DQX? Gah..

Anyways, completely new areas, new jobs (Geomancer finally?) new areas to HELM, specifically the fifth expansion pack, and also seeing a PS2 release since many people still play on that. (as did I)

Geomancer is indeed one of the new jobs, awesome.

Also behemoth sized bees, new beastmen, plantoid monsters and fun happy times.

Seekers of Adoulin FFXI expansion

Is there any reason why a PS2 version is not being released in NA and EU and only in Japan?
    Yes, I know the PS2 is all but dead here, but contrary to popular belief there are people in NA that still play FFXI on PS2.

I for one was one of them, and was considering a return back with this new expansion, but not if I can't get it.
    My PC is not able to handle the game, and I won't buy a 360 just to be able to play XI on it.

I have all my discs from FFXI, including Rise of the Zilart, Chains of Promathia, Treasures of Aht Urhgan and Wings of the Goddess and I am a bit miffed there does not appear to be a PS2 release for the new expansion outside of Japan.

Originally Posted by Tiael
    Is there any reason why a PS2 version is not being released in NA and EU and only in Japan?
    Yes, I know the PS2 is all but dead here, but contrary to popular belief there are people in NA that still play FFXI on PS2.

I for one was one of them, and was considering a return back with this new expansion, but not if I can't get it.
    My PC is not able to handle the game, and I won't buy a 360 just to be able to play XI on it.

I have all my discs from FFXI, including Rise of the Zilart, Chains of Promathia, Treasures of Aht Urhgan and Wings of the Goddess and I am a bit miffed there does not appear to be a PS2 release for the new expansion outside of Japan.

I been playing XI since beta on pc and now am going back to Xi for this new expention pack, FFXIV is addicting but i will stop to play XI again!! heck Geomancer job is coming!!

I mean I get what you're doing, but either stop supporting the PS2 version all together, or release the expansion on PS2 in NA as well, given I know people who would love to return as well that played on the PS2, or people who still play on PS2 in North America and won't be able to get the expansion, which quite frankly sucks.

Right, I'm updating as we speak, ready to hop back into the wonderful world of Van'diel.

What world were you on Tiael?

Any Asura-nubs about?

Moved your thread to General Discussion as this isn't a Customer Support Issue thread.

I was on Asura when I was playing a decade ago. I switched over to Leviathan when I started up again this spring.

Seekers of Adoulin Dated for March 27th

www.finalfantasy.net/xi/seekers-adoulin-...

Please release the PS2 version in North America for people who would like to own all of the expansions like myself, I still have a working fat PS2 with the HDD i play XI on

oh i forgot to mention it being released in English on PS2

I also have my 80gb PS3 that can play PS1 and PS2 games as well should my fat PS2 stop working

I own all of the English PS2 releases of Final Fantasy XI, I really want to have the English PS2 Final Fantasy XI: Seekers of Adoulin in my collection
    Please make this possible even if I would have to special order it

I'm very upset with Square Enix for not at LEAST making FF11 available for the PS3. Instead, they make ANOTHER mmorpg, and on top of that, give it a place in the numbered series. I've been playing FF11 for the PS2 for about 8 1/2 years now. I've spent over $2,000 on this game, and this is the thanks I get. I know I'm not alone here.

I'm a very, very patient man. But, Square Enix sure is testing me. It's just been one step forward, two steps back over the last decade from my point of view. Over the last 22 1/2 years, the 1st 10 were great for me, but the last 12 1/2 years have been up and down. It feels like the company is trying to push me into retirement. lol I'm only 36-yrs-old. I have a lot of gaming years left.

Originally Posted by alanman178

I'm very upset with Square Enix for not at LEAST making FF11 available for the PS3. Instead, they make ANOTHER mmorpg, and on top of that, give it a place in the numbered series. I've been playing FF11 for the PS2 for about 8 1/2 years now. I've spent over $2,000 on this game, and this is the thanks I get. I know I'm not alone here.

I'm a very, very patient man. But, Square Enix sure is testing me. It's just been one step forward, two steps back over the last decade from my point of view. Over the last 22 1/2 years, the 1st 10 were great for me, but the last 12 1/2 years have been up and down. It feels like the company is trying to push me into retirement. lol I'm only 36-yrs-old. I have a lot of gaming years left.

yeah i know what you mean

I'm still waiting for a second sequel to Chrono Trigger
    I miss the days when Squaresoft was one of the best rpg developers

even Capcom, Konami and Sega are going downhill
    I'm following Atlus, Aksys and Xseed now

At least they are trying to keep the PSP alive in NA
    Hakuoki Warriors of the Shinsengumi comes out in February

Atlus is continuously bringing NA games that for years have been Japan only like
    Shin Megami Tensei Devil Summoner Soul Hackers which is coming out for 3DS April 2013
    Shin Megami Tensei Persona 2 Innocent Sin was released over here for PSP

I just want to have a PS2 english version of this expansion
    I stopped playing Final Fantasy XI years ago because they cut off Tetra Master, which was the main reason i even bought XI

20. Im sure this is not that relevant, but if you have a backwards compatible ps3 you could play it on ps3... ik this doesnt upgrade the graphics, nor does it address the issue that seekers of adoulin is most likely not coming to ps2... they need to just make it available for the ps3... its on the xbox 360, for goodness sakes!

Final Fantasy XI Vana’diel Collection 4 Comes With Virtual Chocobo T-Shirt

www.siliconera.com/2013/01/02/final-fant...

they are trying to push you to the PC or Xbox versions of the game not into retirement, with all the improvements make to the pc version that aren't on the PS2 version it feels weird and kinda slow to play on PS2 these days

Originally Posted by Ziaro

they are trying to push you to the PC or Xbox versions of the game not into retirement, with all the improvements make to the pc version that aren't on the PS2 version it feels weird and kinda slow to play on PS2 these days

I understand what you're saying, but that part of my post was a gripe about Square Enix in general. I just don't like a lot of their decisions with the FF series since FF10. Also, I just own a small laptop. I don't have a gaming PC. I DO own an XBox 360, but I've tried FF11 on it and it runs very slow at times. FF11 runs better on my old fat backwards-compatible PS3 than on my XBox 360.

Originally Posted by Ziaro

I understand what you're saying, but that part of my post was a gripe about Square Enix in general. I just don't like a lot of their decisions with the FF series since FF10. Also, I just own a small laptop. I don't have a gaming PC. I DO own an XBox 360, but I've tried FF11 on it and it runs very slow at times. FF11 runs better on my old fat backwards-compatible PS3 than on my XBox 360.

Yea!, Japan is getting this expansion on PS2 so Give it to us as well

Page 1 of 3 123 Last