Page 2 of 2 First First 12

Thread: SLACKERS!!!!!!!!!

SLACKERS!!!!!!!!!

I thought he was talking about blocking me bc I informed him that the Kingdom Key didn't belong to Sora and that he needs to avoid triple-posting lol

Note that the handhelds are not delaying ANYTHING. Versus XIII is the only thing "delaying" a console KH release, not the handheld titles, and even without that we still likely would have gotten Days and (ReCoded. If Versus wasn't being made, BBS and DDD might have been on PS3, and DDD would have been named KHIII. Nomura has stated that the only reason they did not name DDD KH3 was to avoid angering the console-only idiots... *clears throat* I mean fans, yeah...

Well, IF it Memoir function is reliable then it will help do all of that. If it doesn't, there's always the KH Info Block. I get where you're coming from with the necessity argument, but I can't say I agree. I personally think that without BBS, any further KH game would have just been another KHI: "Oh no, the worlds are in trouble; let's save 9 out of the thousands of them, kill off one crazy dude, and call it a day." I would not have enjoyed such a game, and including everything to get all of the info of BBS across without making it its own game would be tedious and after its done we would have to pull a 180 and reverse the ending five minutes later. With respect to Days, though, I can more so agree with you, mostly because the only bit that is used as of DDD is Axel's promise to always bring Roxas and Xion back, as that's his motivation for... well... everything we see him doing lol.

Originally Posted by Basho

I thought he was talking about blocking me bc I informed him that the Kingdom Key didn't belong to Sora and that he needs to avoid triple-posting lol

Note that the handhelds are not delaying ANYTHING. Versus XIII is the only thing "delaying" a console KH release, not the handheld titles, and even without that we still likely would have gotten Days and (ReCoded. If Versus wasn't being made, BBS and DDD might have been on PS3, and DDD would have been named KHIII. Nomura has stated that the only reason they did not name DDD KH3 was to avoid angering the console-only idiots... *clears throat* I mean fans, yeah...

Well, IF it Memoir function is reliable then it will help do all of that. If it doesn't, there's always the KH Info Block. I get where you're coming from with the necessity argument, but I can't say I agree. I personally think that without BBS, any further KH game would have just been another KHI: "Oh no, the worlds are in trouble; let's save 9 out of the thousands of them, kill off one crazy dude, and call it a day." I would not have enjoyed such a game, and including everything to get all of the info of BBS across without making it its own game would be tedious and after its done we would have to pull a 180 and reverse the ending five minutes later. With respect to Days, though, I can more so agree with you, mostly because the only bit that is used as of DDD is Axel's promise to always bring Roxas and Xion back, as that's his motivation for... well... everything we see him doing lol.

So now, instead, KH3's crazy dude has already been revealed... so all thats left is to save nine worlds and then fight him? What story is left to tell in KH3, besides the conclusion of each disney movie and then getting rid of Xehanort?

Well, now we have to save everyone too, which actually will push the plot forward. From my understanding, that's why Sora and Riku have to take the Mark of Mastery exam. There's a specific power that will be granted to them upon becoming true Keyblade Masters (something to do with sleep, I'm assuming - I have only spoiled myself up to the final boss fight, not the ending yet so I don't know for sure) that they will need for saving Roxas, Xion, and Ventus.

Remember that in KHII Axel had kidnapped Kairi (which was just a plot tool to motivate Sora), and how that whole bit just seemed forced didn't really make any sense until you play Days and read pretty deeply in to it? Now it won't be so forced, and it'll make sense. We already know who we have to rescue and why it's so important, and we now know the true risks of failing. Without BBS the player wouldn't understand the depth of these problems and people would just be saying "wtf? lolzNomuralogic" about fifty times as much as they do (and they already do a lot). With BBS we have a clear direction for the story and a solid reason to put an end to the Norts.

And I really don't mind that they are taking the effort to make these games to add the depth and details for the next main entry to the series... what bugs me is how long its taking... I wasn't a fan of the series when KH2 first came out, but I was still in middle school when it happened. Now I'm halfway through college... thats a LONG wait for KH3. This isn't the first series with long waits... Diablo comes to mind... and I haven't even had to wait as long because I didn't even play KH1 until a year after KH2 came out, and even with that shorter wait I'm tired of it. Honestly, I was tired and losing interest in the series just from the wait for BBS and Days... it took four years for Days to come out after KH2, another year for BBS which, as you say, is a bit of a bigger deal than days... 5 years after KH2. Now its 2012, KH2 was released in 2005 in Japan... and there is still no official KH3 announcment, and we continue to get handheld releases that, regardless of their importance or how good they are, are expensive to get and tend to fly under the radar of the more casual fans of the series. I'm not the only one who is annoyed... and I'm no where near the level of annoyed that some other fans are. Every time I watch the trailers on GameTrailers its the same comments... and whenever someone sides with Square, whether they are just a loyal fanboy or an intelligent debater like you, they get immediately downvoted to oblivion. And gametrailers has a huge following... so thats a lot of angry fans that Square is not adressing.

Page 2 of 2 First First 12