Thread: FFXIV: Early Access

FFXIV: Early Access

If it makes you feel any better, we won't get in 3 days early now anyway.

Goes live on Tuesday so only 1 day to go.

Exclamation Not receiving early access codes? Here's why!!!

I too am one of the "valued customers" who was "entitled" to early access and such, but obviously there has been some kind of misunderstand or mis-communication within the Square Enix company, as I have stumbled upon the truth.
    Even now as we speak the pre-order is being sold under the pretense of being granted early access, obviously SE are unable to cope with customer demand for service and keeping the game up and running well at the same time.

In this link http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/product/ under the pre-order bonuses tab i've spotted

"Please note that the pre-order bonus codes are different for the Playstation 3 and Windows versions. Also, please be aware that the number of early access codes will be limited and distribution will cease when the limit has been reached. "

Obviously for most of those who have yet to receive their pre-order code, this must be the case (limit has been reached).

Because SE sold the pre-order making it seem like those who purchase will have early access. Most of the ppl who purchased online just prior to the early access starting must have missed out on the early access codes, BUT if they had gone to another supplier they would still be able to have gotten early access thru pre-ordering from them (although some places sell the game for more than the online store).
    What I feel would be fair from SE, is at the very least a sincere apology for this mistake and issue, because speaking for myself, i feel absolutely ignored and plain frustrated with SE at this moment. But nonetheless there is nothing else that can be done, it is unfortunate that this has happened but we must look on, and forget the past.
    Think of it this way - If you guys haven't noticed, the early access gameplay has been going all smooth either and that could have potentially affected your game experience in an even more negative way.

For now i have calmed myself with this discovery, that there was an actual reason why some of us never received early access.
    Not just because we've been ignored or neglected.

I can only hope that SE learn from this situation and find some way to improve on their behaviour (i.e. addressing issues and responding to forum complaints) and be able to quickly and effectively respond/acknowledge mistakes/errors on their half.
    I also hope that we will still receive our cait sith doll and mog cap as promised and by the time that the official launch is released all the server issues and gameplay bugs will either have been dealt with or have a fix ready to be deployed

For those of you who missed out early access, I feel your pain, but hey good things come to those who wait!
    I look forward to seeing you all in game!!

Also note, I pre-order on the night of the 23rd (New Zealand time).
    If anyone who has pre-ordered around that time and still received their early access, please let us know more about ur purchase detail (NA/EU, Supplier etc)
    Last edited by Jaekus; 26th Aug 2013 at 02:05.

I'm having the same problem. I can't even enter my Registration codes from my FFXIV Collector's edition. The site doesn't allow the type of codes it has in my case. Anyone else get around this problem?

Originally Posted by Cynaster
    I'm having the same problem. I can't even enter my Registration codes from my FFXIV Collector's edition. The site doesn't allow the type of codes it has in my case. Anyone else get around this problem?
    If it is the code to register your game, you can start registering as of the 27th

Well good.. guess ill see on Tuesday when i start on gladiator again...8th times a charm

Originally Posted by SinisJecht
    If it is the code to register your game, you can start registering as of the 27th
    That would be the one. Thank you very much for the answer.

That reason would be legit if it wasn't for the fact that some people who ordered their game on the 25th got their access code within 10 minutes, but others - including myself - who ordered on the 24th, and some people days, even weeks before that - have yet to receive one.

well it would be nice to know exactly how they got it in 10mins?
    Because it would matter which region (it seems to me like NA region codes are rolling out quite well?) but like im from NZ/EU maybe they have limited codes per region?? who knows, and the method you used to pre-order?
    SE Site? Gamestop? Mightyape? EB GAmes etc...

im having the same issues! square fix this!

Unhappy Early access - just one more thing

Early Access here is what you get;
    Earlier access to the aggravation of thinking you actually get to play the game
    Earlier access to full servers with no ques and kicked out
    Earlier access to frustration to why you wasted your money
    Earlier access to beta 5 of the game and the stress test of the servers for launch
    Earlier access to complain about a lack of communication
    Earlier access to the seguel

Oh and some gifts to help everything seem alright.
    Thanks so much for this early access It wouldn't have been the same without you

Originally Posted by Jaekus
    well it would be nice to know exactly how they got it in 10mins?
    Because it would matter which region (it seems to me like NA region codes are rolling out quite well?) but like im from NZ/EU maybe they have limited codes per region?? who knows, and the method you used to pre-order?
    SE Site? Gamestop? Mightyape? EB GAmes etc...
    I can say I ordered it from EU SE store on the same date as you bro. received nothing but a confirmation of purchase email. Somehow I just wanna cancel my order and try my luck on other 3rd party retailers. Even though I know I still cant play becuz of the server issue, at least I will feel much better than being ignored...

BTW I'm from Australia XD

"Earlier access to the seguel"? What is this a bonus I don't know about? what is a seguel?

I ordered mine off the NA site on the 25th and only got the confirmation email with no access code in it when my friend in the same house got his immediately when ordering a few hours before me. I just cancelled my order (which told me there was nothing to refund since I hadn't been charged). Then I ordered it off amazon and got a code in 5 min.

I'm from the US and pre-ordered from Amazon. I got my code in like 20 minutes and it was emailed to me by Amazon. I'm not sure if it works that way with all 3rd party retailers, but it seems like you should receive your code from them directly. Ordering from SE seems to be where the issue lies and it's probably due to server congestion. Getting a email from SE takes forever right now. It took me a whole day to get a email for lost password and I didn't even need it by then because I remembered my password

Means Sequel

Originally Posted by Man_of_Meat
    I ordered mine off the NA site on the 25th and only got the confirmation email with no access code in it when my friend in the same house got his immediately when ordering a few hours before me. I just cancelled my order (which told me there was nothing to refund since I hadn't been charged). Then I ordered it off amazon and got a code in 5 min.
    Where did you cancel your order? I also wanna cancel mine and give it a shot on other retailer.

I just (like a min ago) canceled my order with SE through DigitalRiver. I ordered my game on Amazon and within the min that I ordered I got a confirmation for my purchase and my game code. I've entered my code and am now downloading the game. I will never go through SE again. That was stupid. Amazon won my money.

Originally Posted by TiffTaro
    I just (like a min ago) canceled my order with SE through DigitalRiver. I ordered my game on Amazon and within the min that I ordered I got a confirmation for my purchase and my game code. I've entered my code and am now downloading the game. I will never go through SE again. That was stupid. Amazon won my money.
    Lucky you. We in the EU can't cancel our orders until tuesday, because we have to go through SE Support, which is closed on weekends and holidays, and monday is a bank holiday in the UK where their support is based.

I'm surprised no one else noticed that.

EU store doesn't go through Digital River, but haven't received my code either here in the UK after 40 hours. Our refunds/cancellations go through SE support which is closed until tuesday.

Disappointed

This entire early access has been nothing but trouble for me and I haven't even been able to play yet. The world my guild is currently on is not accepting any more characters and hasn't been accepting any new ones since day 1 of early access. Can't return the game as I paid through PSN so guess it is just wasted money. They didn't prepare for early access and had low limits on how many characters can be created on a server. GG Square Enix GG.

games not even technically released and you're complaining QQ some moar plox

Add in that to the fact that even if you could make a character, Square is refusing to let you log in and play it with these artificial server caps. :3

Originally Posted by Zwykii
    games not even technically released and you're complaining QQ some moar plox
    The game is "technically" released as it is no longer in beta, apparently, and people are able to purchase it and play. It is not officially released in stores, if that's what you mean.

Page 35 of 39 First First ... 25313233343536373839 Last