Page 2 of 2 First First 12

Thread: Official DX:IW v1.2 Patch

Official DX:IW v1.2 Patch

Unhappy

Will there be a patch that fixes problems with ATI cards? Cuse my dam game crashes every 15 minuts.

this game just has a laot of glitches.

Hehe - so I am not the only one. The worst $50 I have spent in a long time. If there isn't an answer real soon I am going to throw a temper tantrun right in the middle of Best Buy....

well maybe not that... you get the idea

how do i know if i am runnign patch 1.2?

The version number should appear in the top left corner of the load screens. The European version shipped with 1.2, but the North American version is 1.0.

JC 12 Guest

ERROR

i try to install the patch but it keeps on saying something about old file not found, does that mean you need patch 1.1?

Re: ERROR

Originally posted by JC 12
    i try to install the patch but it keeps on saying something about old file not found, does that mean you need patch 1.1?
    Are you in Europe? If so, you don't need to install the patch.

I get the same error and I am in the States. What do I have to do to get it to work?

patch isnt good

My game doesn't crash or give me weird errors, it just has a really annoying fog corruption in certain parts of the game (Inclinator, Sak's Hangar). This fog covers all textures within a certain distance. I updated my video driver and installed the 1.2 patch. The game now runs SLOWER, and when I reloaded my save in the Heron Building I had darker fog that extended over a farther distance than before. A new game doesn't have this fog, but I've only seen Alex's Apartment so far, and I don't know whether the fog is still present in certain areas of the game. So there. Patch 1.2 didn't help.

Dell Latitude D600
    512 MB RAM
    32 MB Ati Radeon Mobility 9000

1.2 not installing

I am a very organized person and for this reason have my games seperate from my programs; in other words i have a 'program files' and a 'gamer files' in my C drive. Have lots of games installed there. DX: IW patch 1.2 will not install for reasons unknown, DX is installed under C:\Gamer Files\Deus Ex 2, I think this may be the problem but if it is that is stupid.
    *** UPDATE **
    Nevermind, All I had to to was toss the patch in the Deus Ex 2 folder, and then execute it. Thanks self, you're really smart and cool! Yes, I am aren't I?

i also get the "old files not found" error message

i bought the game in the UK and i'm living in austria (if this may cause a compability error *watching my language button in the task bar*)

shall i try it too, to put the patch in the DXIW directory?
    (and which one? system? or just the main directory?)

salut
    gordon

I also get that error message.
    I don't know where did my friend buy the game from(He thinks it's from Brazil), so what should I do?

I must shoot with the 9mm pistol at least 2-3 times stright at the head in order to kill the guy. It's unbelievably unrealistic and very annoying( consoles!).

So what should I do? help me.

Thanks.

Rolleyes

Now, not only the patch didn't work, but it also ruined the game, so I probably must install it again.
    How the designers left us, the pc gamers, with so cold feeling?
    The code is so not-efficient and the patches are so poor...
    It was my most-beloved game, and now I feel a bit like I was betrayed.

Friends, I have version 1.0 and I can't install the patch, because of that error message of the unfound old file.
    What should I do and where is the support which should answer on these questions?

Try uninstalling the game (and delete all directories related to the game), reinstall, and then reapply the patch.

If you have the DVD version, do not apply the patch.

I worked, thanks.

But, there is barely any performance improvement.

I'm in the very beginning of the upper seatle level, and now I have ~27 when I look from distance at the big room including that robot there.
    When I'm look only at the guard with a wall after him, there is above 40 FPS.
    There is maybe 2 more FPS after the patch.

The details are: 1024, all enabled and high except multi-mapping which is X1.
    My system is xP2500 with radeon9800pro.
    The game was coded badly for the PC.

Wow What a Great boost

Im running the game on a pc with the following
    CPU- AMD Duron 1.3ghz
    RAM- Pc 133 384MB
    HD- IDE 20gb Sea gate formated to NTFS
    (HD used only for games windows is installed on sepereate drive )
    Windows- Windows XP Pro (latest up dates)
    Video- MSI Geforce 5200 128mb 8x (latest drivers)

Video card settings
    AGP- currently on a 4x slot
    Core Clock- Origanaly @ 250mhz clocked it to 325Mhz
    Memory CLock- Origanaly @ 400mhz Clocked to 500Mhz
    Display- 1280x1024 32bit

Setting used when i began playing Deus ex Iw
    RES- 800X600
    everything put to low
    Bloom- off
    V-sync-off
    multi sampling- 1x
    game expierance was rather laggy but playable

settings used now with 1.2 patch
    RES-1280x1024
    Everything is set to high
    bloom- off (More Clear)
    V-sync-off (I dont think my frames will ever go above my screens refresh rate)
    multi sampling- 4x
    game runs nice barely lags, there are some spots where it sucks

problem with 1.2 patch

Hi all. I played the game once through on version 1.0, had to wait a while for the levels to load, but had no problem really after that.

However, after I installed the patch, all I get when the level loads are rainbow-colored loading screen (because the screen doesn't reset anymore) and the level doesn't load after over an hour of waiting. What's up?

PIII 1.2 GH
    512 MB RAM
    Nvidea GeForce 3
    640 x 480, low detail settings

Yes, I know its only a PIII 1.2, but the game ran all right.

more patch troubles

I'm getting the old file error as many other people have gotten. I am running the US version 1.0 currently and am trying to patch up to the 1.2. I've tried fresh installs and every other suggestion that has been posted. If anybody has anymore ideas on how to get this patch to work i'd love to try them out.

my system meets the requirements so i know its got nothing to do with that

thanks to anyone who has an idea on how to get this patch to work

Just wanted to let all your ATI owners know that if you want this game to be enjoyful you have to find the OpenGL patch!!! I played this quite some time ago but never un-installed because I want to go thru it again. Anyways, if you find the OpenGL patch it makes this game run and look 10X better than DirectX. Just an FYI. It's funny because hardly ANYBODY knew about this patch even though I preached about it.

Originally Posted by BIOMODDED
    ... ATI owners know that if you want this game to be enjoyful you have to find the OpenGL patch!!! ...

... Anyways, if you find the OpenGL patch it makes this game run and look 10X better than DirectX. Just an FYI. It's funny because hardly ANYBODY knew about this patch even though I preached about it.
    How about a link to the patch location?

Yeah, preaching about a patch isn't much good if we don't know where to get it...

EDIT: You are talking about Deus Ex: Invisible War, aren't you? 'Cause I know there was an OpenGL patch for Deus Ex 1 released a few years back. Just googling around and looking on about five difference Deus Ex forums, and there's no mention of an OpenGL patch for DX:IW.

I believe Adkor is correct.

Aww, I had my hopes up and everything.

Catman, any chance you could forward an email to this guy about this supposed patch for me? He's chosen not to recieve emails from other members.

I always get a gass out of publisher and developer employees who pose as customers to post "there's no problems with the game/patch" crap in forums. Time spent on damage control would be better spent on quality control.

Couldn't get the patch to run. "Update aborted" every time, with no more excuse than that. Nothing on Eidos' web site about it. Nothing official in this thread about installing the patch.

You have to copy the patch into the Deus Ex - Invisible War directory and run it from there. Otherwise, it won't work. Would have been nice to mention this in the damn instructions.

While most programmers are smart enough to write patch installers that can find their own games . . . . well, let's just say Ion Storm employs a special breed of stupid. Hell, they actually believed Warren Spector had something to do with the success of Deus Ex and paid him to make the living abortion called Invisible War.

Must be system dependant, because I can run the 1.2 patch from a different partition than the game partition - in addition to always changing the directory of the game install from C:\Program Files\Eidos\Deus Ex - Invisible War to F:\Deus Ex - Invisible War during install of the game. And the patch still works here.

Sounds like there may be something wrong with your game install's registry entries. Not really sure though.

[edit] Also - seems like you're not the only one having the problem. This is from a post further up in this thread:
    Originally Posted by velious
    *** UPDATE **
    Nevermind, All I had to to was toss the patch in the Deus Ex 2 folder, and then execute it.
    [/edit]

Page 2 of 2 First First 12