Thread: Snow?

Snow?

Big Grin Snow?

Is there gunna be any snow in thief 3, i love snow in games!
    DoNt be aFraId of tHe DaRk
    bE AfrAid of WHaT iT hIdEs!

It could make for an interesting exercise - how to get across an area when you know your footprints will give you away.

Im likeing that idea man! there was snow in the last two but it wasnt as good as it could have been!

It would set such a scene though, Garrett running across the rooftops of a snow covered city in the moon light!

Originally posted by coldplay_josh_106
    Im likeing that idea man! there was snow in the last two but it wasnt as good as it could have been!

It would set such a scene though, Garrett running across the rooftops of a snow covered city in the moon light!
    ... and he slips off and dies.

that would actually be a really cool game mechanic, slipping surfaces so you have to be careful.

but maybe not... the footprints suggestion seems more concievable.

be better if it was like a secret mission. then ya could have snowball fights with the guards and such! weeeeeeee!

I thought the snowy level in the Thievery Unreal mod was the best level of their mod, I'd love to see snow as well...

Originally posted by tigershark
    that would actually be a really cool game mechanic, slipping surfaces so you have to be careful.
    This is actually possible to achieve in T2 by altering texture properties.

Of course, there was that ice in the maw wasn't there? The devs haven't confirmed or denied any weather effects in T3 despite being asked, which I guess implies that there aren't any. There's nothing like weather effects to set a mood - look at the "A Winter's Eve" mission in Calendra's Legacy, you're shivering with cold as you wander around the streets.

Well it's raining in the preview video, and the Havok engine obviously handles those sort of effects. Then again... Havok also handles water nicely and that seems to be missing too.

Where can I find this preview video everyones tlkin about?

There indeed was snow & slippery surfaces in either Thief I or II. And at least Unreal Tournament 2003 has a pretty nice effect of falling snow, so if they're modifying an Unreal engine I can't see why not make use of the effect (at least visually) since it most likely is there by default.

-JR-

If you want to experience go download the circle of stone and shadow FM. Its got snow and all that jazz with roof tops. Its at night too! Its sweet.

Where can I find this preview video everyones tlkin about?
    I think he just means the one on the official site.

I think he means this one

http://komag.net/stuff/

Hrmm Snow would be really cool (haha get IT!) anyways, I dont remember snow in the first two games, thats sad cause I've only played them a dozen times. Refresh my memory. What levels was the snow in?

The weather affect that I really really want to see....Lightning! Elderscrolls Morrowind had some great lightning storms.

Optik45, for example the level in T2 where you followed the trail of blood in the woods or where ever. In that level there was a section divided into areas that each represented a season. Winter was included. There even were icicles that blocked your way, which you had to destroy w/ your sword in order to advance. Sorry Optik45 that you have done this a dozen times and still forgotten all about it.

-JR-

Ahh yes. I remember the snow of course, I Could not remember actually snow falling.

If you want to experience go download the circle of stone and shadow FM. Its got snow and all that jazz with roof tops. Its at night too! Its sweet.
    whats the name of the FM and where can i get it?

whats the name of the FM and where can i get it?
    Normally this link will get you to the website for it.....

http://cosas.ttlg.com/

but its not currently working (server might be down temporarly). Anyways, just keep trying that link. It will probably be back up sometime today. Its the first part of a 3-part series. You should be able to download it from their website.

EDIT: If you cant get it to work you can always IM me on AIM and ill send you the mission. My name is "Noata21" on AIM.

Cool

i believe there is an fm that has snow in it.
    so get that to find out if you leave foot tracks in snow.
    Do not fear the dark.
    Fear what it hides.