Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Thread: Preorder Questions and Discussions

Preorder Questions and Discussions

Preorder Questions and Discussions

The new dlc to play in Cloud's Soldier uniform and use the buster sword is genius. I especially love the victory fanfare music at the end of the battles. I have a couple of quick questions.

Is the promotional code only for preorders from Amazon? In the past I have done all of my preorders through Gamestop to avoid delays from mailing and internet transactions in general.

Also, how is it that a promotional code is "while supplies last?" It's dlc not a tangible bonus like a poster.

Lastly, this comes free as a preorder bonus. So would it be likely that it will be in the dlc store of the game eventually? I'm sure many of those that did not preorder would buy it for 5$ after the game came out.

I'm very excited for this game. Thank you for this dlc and I hope my questions can be answered.
    “Turn to the light. Don't fear the shadow it creates.”

It will be at multiple retailers and Gamestop themselves have confirmed they will be distributing the DLC.

As for it coming to the PSN or XBL at a later date as paid DLC, nobody can say. Square Enix commonly announced first-run bonuses (as in they come in all launch copies) as preorder bonuses for marketing purposes. So they wouldn't tell you if they're planning to put it up in the store for a while. Might lower sales if they did.

Thanks for the reply. I'm glad Gamestop will be giving the preorder bonus. Now I can preorder soon and wait 8 months.
    “Turn to the light. Don't fear the shadow it creates.”

The announcement said that it would help you get to level 99 faster, but I didn't see anything about that in the video. Does anyone know what it was talking about?

Still crap, still not getting it.

Okay then. Now for those of us who don't think it's crap, and who are getting it, I'd still like to know what it meant about the faster leveling thing, I mean, I know that some abilities or whatever could increase the amount of exp that you gain after a battle, but I didn't see anything about that in the pre-order announcement, except that is said the outfit would help you get to level 99 faster. Did I miss something in the video? If so, could someone point it out for me, cuz I'd really like to know.

Oh, and that bit about the "while supplies last" comment are confusing me too. What, do they only allow so many authentication codes or something? I usually pre-order games much closer to the release date, but if this really is limited, I'd rather know now so that I can get in on the action.

I'm trying to purchase 2 items from the site, but nothing works. :/

1) "Lightning Returns" PS3 pre-order: I just get a message saying that it is out of stock and can't be added to my cart.
    2) "Lightning" Pendant: I click "Buy Now" and this is my error message:

We are currently unable to perform the selected action. Please accept our apologies for this inconvenience. We have been notified and are already working to correct this issue as quickly as possible. Please click your browser's back button and try this action at a later time, or take a different action.

Error Number: CAT_000015

About #2, I went through the "Merchandise -> Jewelry" page and Lightning's pendant is not listed, so I'm going to assume it's either sold out, or you guys are discontinuing it. But why is it showing as "NEW" on the main shop page at the bottom?

And as for #1, I would like to know if I can actually preorder off this website or not.

Hmm well glad to see FF14 CE for PC isnt the only one getting the CAT error.

Contact [Digital River Customer Service] CustomerServices@digitalriver.com

1-800-598-7450

I don't know if this is the same issue or not but I have been trying for days to pre order this and I keep getting this:

"We're sorry but LIGHTNING RETURNS: FINAL FANTASY XIII [PS3] is currently out of stock and cannot be added to your cart. We apologize for any inconvenience."

Is it actually out of stock for Pre order? If so does that mean I am out of luck for the Cloud uniform? Or will they get more in stock at some point. I've tried checking back repeatedly but I dunno, there never seems to be any change in status.

I wanna get the 3 samurai outfits to, so holding off pre-ording until I can see if I can preorder it anywhere that will get me the cloud outfit and the samurai outfit.

Originally Posted by Degenxerate
    I don't know if this is the same issue or not but I have been trying for days to pre order this and I keep getting this:

"We're sorry but LIGHTNING RETURNS: FINAL FANTASY XIII [PS3] is currently out of stock and cannot be added to your cart. We apologize for any inconvenience."

Is it actually out of stock for Pre order? If so does that mean I am out of luck for the Cloud uniform? Or will they get more in stock at some point. I've tried checking back repeatedly but I dunno, there never seems to be any change in status.
    I've contacted the customer service email, and I've tried re-adding/re-purchasing the item, and I get the same error message. I emailed them back with screenshots of the error messages, hoping to get a response soon.

I was hoping to preorder from here, but it looks like I may be doing this via EBGames/Gamestop or Play-Asia.

Originally Posted by Eliza

I've contacted the customer service email, and I've tried re-adding/re-purchasing the item, and I get the same error message. I emailed them back with screenshots of the error messages, hoping to get a response soon.

I was hoping to preorder from here, but it looks like I may be doing this via EBGames/Gamestop or Play-Asia.

Ah well at least I know its not just me. I would really prefer to pre-order it from here as well but if it really is out of stock I guess I'm out of luck.

I've been trying to Pre-Order for ps3 but just to test it I also clicked on the 360 version as well as the statue figure thing and all of them give me the same error.

Preorder Discussions and Questions

Does anybody know if NZ is getting the preorder the FFVII gear preorder DLC or the steelbook?

I know EB in Australia is getting it as an exclusive, but the staff at the EB stores in NZ have no clue.

Unhappy It won't let me pre-order FFXIII Lightning returns CE

I'm trying to pre-order Lightning Returns collectors edition but it won't let me. I'm a little angry that not only did I have to wait for PayPal which takes 8 days but now I can't even order the game? It gets me stuck on the address and they suggest one which I chose but it still didn't work.

Can someone help me?

Concerning Preorders

so I tried to preorder the collector's edition for Lightning Returns, and I seem to have an error.
    After logging in to my PayPal after the checkout, I'm brought to a page where I'm suggested to change my shipping and billing address. At first I thought the problem was my country, I thought they didn't ship to Canada. But even after changing the address to a friend in the US, after I hit "use this address" the page just re-loads and it doesn't let me complete my purchase.
    Is anyone else having this problem? I tried emailing Square but I never got a reply.
    Help!

I am having the same exact problem, I tried everything to figure it out and still haven't yet, and square enix is impossible to get a hold of not to mention it doesn't seem too many people have had this problem so their awesome "search" help doesn't help much either. Hopefully someone can answer this question. I've tried paypal and credit card and neither one of them worked, also had the same problem with the address suggestion and tried their suggestion and didn't get anywhere with that either. I'm hoping that maybe the site is just having difficulties right now and I will try again later and hopefully it will work.

I'm a US citizen and I am also having this exact same issue. I go to the shopping cart, log in, it complains about my address and recommends I use the exact same one, takes me to a page that now includes tax, and then when I hit submit instead of taking me to the order completed page it takes me back to the shopping cart where I have to log in again.

I am pretty sure I am having the same issue. I have never used the square-enix store before. I pre-ordered both Lightning Returns CE and FF X/2 CE. I haven't received a confirmation email, nor is there anything that resembles an account purchase history. I submitted 1 trouble ticket to see if I ordered last week. I submitted a second because I ordered today since I received no notification from square-enix on the (possible) second pre-order attempt. So far, I am not impressed with the process.

I just received a confirmation for my trouble tickets. Hurray!

I believe my problems have been addressed. Thank you square-enix!

Pre-ordering FF13 lightning returns

Im trying to pre order FF13 lightning return for PS3 and Xbox 360. i made the payment from Paypal and now squareenix ask me to change my adress. i click on the right adress and i update and it get me, again, on the same page that i was and ask me again to change my adress. I need help !

Thanks

Preordering questions

Does Square-Enix/DRI charge you the moment you preorder or when the order ships out? I ask this because when I checked my bank account I saw that the first pre order I made wasnt there so I panicked and ordered another. I just wanna make sure so I dont end up buying two of them. Also I ended up having to get a new debit card so if my preorders were done using my old debit card that is now defunct, will they cancel my preorders since it was ordered with the old debit card?
    Last edited by animefreak951; 28th Jan 2014 at 19:52.

This happened to me as well. I decided to click on the Order Now button instead of the paypal one. It took me to the next page to fill out all my billing and shipping information. At the very bottom of this page it had an option of credit card or paypal. I click paypal and went through the pages again and it worked.

Page 1 of 3 123 Last