Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: [SPOILER] Q&A With Jen Fernández, Richard Lemarchand, and Kyle Mannerberg

Now that I think about it, it seems like the time theory in The Terminator Series would be pretty appropriate for this series too. Changes are made, but they only dely the inevitable.

The Terminator series, of course, that has to be the best comparison example for the LOK series. They have the whole free will versus fate theme going, and the motif of a horrible future being inevitable.

Each time in those movies, someone from either side tries to change the past, they merely postpone the inevitable future. No matter how many times you change the past, you can't escape the future destiny. Coincidently neither side can destroy the main adversary in the past.

Kind of reminds me of Kain and the Elder. The Elder couldn't destroy Kain in the past, and Kain apparently isn't going to kill the Elder in the past either. Both will likely have to duke it out in the future, and this could mean the eventual end of both of them.

The staff at Crstal Dynamics should've used the Terminator series to compare the LOK series with instead of 12 Monkeys, it is far more appropriate.
    "We have not met. I know of you, of course. That you can return from the dead gives hope to us all." - Janos Audron - (Blood Omen 2)

I still think that those guardians weren't powerfull. There's no indication that they were. Then, I do not understand why you keep thinking they had such great powers. They were pillar guardians, not warriors. They knew magic, but ther's no telling that it was offensive magic.
    Even with the new guardians (with more power after Nuprator's curse), they were not that powerfull, if kain took them down, vorador certainly could have done the same easily.

Each time in those movies, someone from either side tries to change the past, they merely postpone the inevitable future. No matter how many times you change the past, you can't escape the future destiny. Coincidently neither side can destroy the main adversary in the past.
    I think it's because like Raziel said, it would cause a fatal paradox. If Raziel had truly never been put into the Reaver, WTJ wouldn't have lost. The problem is (like Terminator) the acting agent is from the future, and their existence is based on the past that they are trying to change.

It would be like me going back to kill my dad before I was born. If my dad didn't exist to create me, I would never have existed to go back and kill him, therefore my dad would never have been killed and I would still exist.

So it's quite possible Kain may have to convince a person from the past (janos in the past, fledgling Kain, Vorador, etc) to do something because he can't really do anything to alter it because for all we know, Kain making a change had always happened before)

Blincoln should've used the Terminator series to compare the LOK series with instead of 12 Monkeys, it is far more appropriate.
    He didn't make that refrence, they did.

I still think that those guardians weren't powerfull
    I agree. The humans weren't meant to be Guardians to begin with, so there's no telling if they could fully tap into the power they were given.

Exclamation

"No Raziel, I didn't!" -Kain

Originally posted by EpicDefender
    Please read all the Facts before you just start yelling false things.

In other, unrealated news. I prefer the Terminator analogy over the 12 Monkeys one. Also, Querie:

Epic, the official answer proves that idea wrong.

VF, I don't think both blades are trapped in the reaver because based on the cutscene in Defiance...

The murals were all a big misdirection purposely done by Crystal Dynamics but they never really stated them as such and their meaning was not fully explained in the game. Perhaps in the next game, Kain may have a recap about this. It is difficult to know what is true when much of the material presented in the games may be called into question at a later time by Crystal Dynamics.

The true representation of the murals they have already stated on the two F.A.Q.'s about Defiance.

I agree with these arguments, but it is still a difficult issue to pinpoint exactly, with Crystal Dynamics you never know for sure.
    "We have not met. I know of you, of course. That you can return from the dead gives hope to us all." - Janos Audron - (Blood Omen 2)

Call me quick to judge on this one, which I try to avoid, but 2 souls in the SR would just be too easy of an idea. A way to explain the WB AFTER Raziel is imprisoned. I don't see Amy as the type to takle the easy way out. If she wants to explain the WB AFTER Raziel, she will do something interesting, not something like "Oh look, it's twofer"

PS. "Twofer" is short for 2 for 1.

Ahh, Good to have the question laid to rest in my mind, even if the answer is not official. It was just that the fact that the FAQ said that Raziel was going through an Endless loop that threw me off.

Smile to dj

i agree with what your saying, the wraith blade cant be in the reaver(when kain shattered the blade on Raziel, we didnt see two wraith blades

What awas meant by endless loop was, Raziel gets the WB, goes to SR2, kills Kain, gets put in the SR, then BO1 and then SR1 and so on and so forth. Remember, in SR2 when the Reaver impaled Raziel, the WB had detached from Raziel, so it wouldn't have been absorbed with him. No one really knows what would happen to the WB after Raziel was imprisoned.

If you look at the Reaver during and after the "vengence & sacrifice" scene, you'll notice that the blade has two auras. The blue indicating the newly imprisoned Raziel and the yellow indicating the Spirit Reaver wraith blade coiled around it. Essentially, Kain has the intertwined Soul Reavers that Raziel used to create the SR2 paradoxes abeit purified by Spirit.

Originally posted by Dogfight
    In that introduction even Vorador was surprised at himself losing his own magical abilities, just as he was going to take down Malek, it wasn't just the Guardians.
    Dogfight, I'm playing Blood Omen 1 again, and there's no way you can tell vorador is surprised when he looses his powers. In fact, the scene is SO short and quick, that you can hardly see vorador's face. Even the lightning coming from his hands does not let you see his face clearly, and like I said, it is extremely quick, it is even hard to see if he suddendly lost his powers, or if he just felt pity and left. There is NO WAY you can tell he is surprised.
    So, I'm not so sure about him loosing his powers, and the guardians lossing them as well. Like I said, I just think the guardians are weak.

Dogfight, I'm playing Blood Omen 1 again, and there's no way you can tell vorador is surprised when he looses his powers. In fact, the scene is SO short and quick, that you can hardly see vorador's face. Even the lightning coming from his hands does not let you see his face clearly, and like I said, it is extremely quick, it is even hard to see if he suddendly lost his powers, or if he just felt pity and left. There is NO WAY you can tell he is surprised.
    It is difficult to notice depending on various factors, including brightness and contrast, but looking very carefully Vorador is just about to use a magical spell from his right hand to finish off Malek, when his expression changes to surprise and he quickly teleports away. There was much more going on in that scene, than has currently been revealed.

Below is a quote about that scene from when Warpsavant asked Amy some questions.

Q: Why was the Circle defenseless? Their magic fails in the cut scene; Moebius even says they are defenseless in Sr2. Is it because Malek was not their, or their magic failed? What were they doing in there? And where was Mortanius all this time? Off getting possessed??
    A: This has not yet been revealed. At the time (as represented in BO:LoK's FMA), certain members of the Circle were watching and guiding the movements of the Sarafan via the "viewing basin" in the chamber. Mortanius' whereabouts have not been revealed.

Q: Did Vorador follow raziel to the Stronghold, or the Sarafan, or is just a giant coincidence that V shows up, when the Circles magic fails, and Moebius and Raziel are distracting Malek?
    A: This is intentionally unexplained. It's not exactly a giant coincidence, when you consider the event, which precipitated both Raziel's and Vorador's infiltration of the Stronghold...
    For the full Soul Reaver 2 F.A.Q. click the link below.

http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthr...p?threadid=169

And NO where in those answers did she says Vorador lost his powers. If it's something as visible as you say, then I doubt it would be part of the "much more going on" you describe.

And NO where in those answers did she says Vorador lost his powers. If it's something as visible as you say, then I doubt it would be part of the "much more going on" you describe.
    Moebius could have been nearing with his staff when Vorador began to lose his powers and decided to leave the place.

It is too convenient an explanation for such powerful beings to be losing their powers in that battle simply because they were weak and for Vorador to leave his greatest prey behind for no reason, there had to be more going on. We will have to wait for what has written on this to be exposed.

Moebius could have been nearing with his staff when Vorador began to lose his powers and decided to leave the place
    Call me overanalytical. But we've never seen Moebius' staff have an effect on NORMAL vampires. So far it's been Janos and Kain before he lost his you-know-what.

And based on SR2 and Defiance, it had to be close proximity, so nearing isn't close enough for me to believe that it would have an effect, because when it DID effect them, it left them in excruciating pain.

and for Vorador to leave his greatest prey behind for no reason
    What about poetic justice? Proving that he could beat him, yet leaving him alive as a Spirit because death would be a release form his punishment?

Call me overanalytical. But we've never seen Moebius' staff have an effect on NORMAL vampires. So far it's been Janos and Kain before he lost his you-know-what. And based on SR2 and Defiance, it had to be close proximity, so nearing isn't close enough for me to believe that it would have an effect, because when it DID effect them, it left them in excruciating pain.
    Yes, I agree with all of this, I was merely posing a possibility.

What about poetic justice? Proving that he could beat him, yet leaving him alive as a Spirit because death would be a release form his punishment?
    This would be true if Vorador knew what was going to happen to Malek for failing to protect the Circle, but I doubt he did. Its more likely Vorador was going to kill Malek, but something then happened that caused him to prematurely leave. Much later in Blood Omen 1 at Dark Eden their battle continues where it left off.

I just watched the video again, and NO, you cannot see Vorador's Face. It is dark, and it all happens VERY quickly. Yes, the lightning in his hand diminishes, BUT YOU CANNOT SEE HIS FACE AT ANY TIME in that escene. So you cannot tell whether he is surprised or any other expresion. And there's not at all indication that he sudendly lost his powers. It is a extremely short sequence. Try to explain it only with BO1 as reference: they never said that he lost his powers. And if he did, why didn't he just wield his sword and killed malek?
    No, no, no. I believe he left malek live.

This would be true if Vorador knew what was going to happen to Malek for failing to protect the Circle, but I doubt he did. Its more likely Vorador was going to kill Malek, but something then happened that caused him to prematurely leave. Much later in Blood Omen 1 at Dark Eden their battle continues where it left off.
    I was under the impression the Malek and Vorador fight wasn't in the same time as the massacre. Like it came later?As if Malke went hunting for Vorador?

Just watched the scene, Vorador killed the one guy, drank his blood, then Malek arrived, and Vorador bonked him on the head. I saw no scene where his magic failed actually.

And the scene from when you meet Vorador seems like it's HIS retelling. So it's possible this story is just an embelishment. Not to mention from what I saw, Vorador CHOSE not to kill Malek, his magic didn't fail. Especially considering Vorador got the one bolt off that brought Malek to his knees.

if kain drank the seers blood in BO2 to get telekenisis (or whatever it washe gained) wouldn't this hylden essence be within Kain now? And perhaps this was passed to raziel being his first-born (the potency of the hylden 'energy' being stronger at the time of raziels 'conception'

whatever! :P

if kain drank the seers blood in BO2 to get telekenisis (or whatever it washe gained) wouldn't this hylden essence be within Kain now? And perhaps this was passed to raziel being his first-born (the potency of the hylden 'energy' being stronger at the time of raziels 'conception'
    YES! At last someone who supports my theory!

Originally posted by van_HellSing PL
    YES! At last someone who supports my theory!
    i think it makes some sense

what was with that?

Smile

Well, some of you have some good things to say. Some of you have some ridicuous things to say. But saying they were defeated because Vorador surprises them is still unacceptable to me.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast