Page 3 of 3 First First 123

Thread: DX2 HighRes Texture Pack!

DX2 HighRes Texture Pack!

Originally posted by -=SOAD=-
    Ok but what face will be on the Alexes?

Umm... Heh - my Micro Texture Pack is ONLY environment textures(signs, posters, some objects), and doesn't interfere with Alex D or any other characters at all.

for if u dont like the gothic ng why dont u just get the new pink 1 john made?

Hey, I just saw this HighRes Texture Pack and downloaded it, but I've got a slight problem with the last steps (I hope someone can help me out, despite the fact that the last message on this thread is from April 2004).

I did a fresh install of DX2 (this is U.S.), and patched to v1.2.

I ran the install file, and let it install into the: Deus Ex 2\Community texturepack\ by default. It installed all the textures, et al. However, when the installer wanted to "apply" the textures (or whatever it did at the end, after the install), I get a "Run-time error '76': Path not found". This occurs every time I try to load "IBD Patcher.exe".

From the looks of the error, this seems like a simple mess up on my end, but I've got no idea what "path" it's looking for to enable the textures? Any help on this is greatly appreciated!

Hi, mikenski.

Most likely there is something wrong with your path to the game, or a path in your registry.

Read through this page and the next page of that thread, where someone had the same error.

I think it turned out in the end that either his game path or his registry path was slightly wrong(had one \ too many).

Hope this helps in some way.

Yep, too many "\" in registry. explains the double \\community texturepack before the install. Textures look great

Heya!

I just installed the game (European Version) on my new PC, and want to change the textures to High-Res.

I'm a little bit confused to which one I have to download; one from Koif or the one from JohnP? Are they compatible, or are they the same thing? I just downloaded a 55 MB file, and a 9.1 MB file...

There are a couple diffrent ones. The 55meg one is that one this thread is about, and the 9.1 meg one is probably either the one that does some more objects or it's one of John's Alex skins. I think you can use both without any problems.

Just installed the pack. Text is different; is this correct?

Thanks

Derek

Originally posted by Derek Baker
    Just installed the pack. Text is different; is this correct?

Thanks

Derek
    The font size is changed when you install the Community Texture Pack, yes. Just after the game was released, there were a lot of complaints about the size of the text in the game, that it was too big - unnessecarily big for the PC version. So it was changed for the Community Texture Pack.

Thanks for the reply.

Derek

11. very nice textures

(i actually downloaded the textures along time ago, just felt like posting now)

I have a question. I know this thread is kind of old but I have a problem running these textures.

When I aplied the texturepatch I see the discription on the loading menu but the textures aren't vissible.

I copied the dds file from dyn.loaded to Englisch to make sure, but they dont do anything.

If I go the the IDB-patcher I can select all the textures, but it do nothing and when I reopen the patcher again, the textures are not ticed???

It did work on an older version of DX IW, but not this one (bought online from direct2drive)

That's the problem; unfortunately, none of the texture packs will work with the Direct2Drive version of the game, because the .ibd files in that version work in a totally different way from the ones in the CD and DVD versions.

In short, the .ibd files in the D2D version work more like archives, while the .ibd files in the CD and DVD versions are 'open'. And so the IBD_Patcher doesn't recognise and can't open/alter the D2D files.

Originally Posted by John P.
    That's the problem; unfortunately, none of the texture packs will work with the Direct2Drive version of the game, because the .ibd files in that version work in a totally different way from the ones in the CD and DVD versions.

In short, the .ibd files in the D2D version work more like archives, while the .ibd files in the CD and DVD versions are 'open'. And so the IBD_Patcher doesn't recognise and can't open/alter the D2D files.
    Well thanx. This sucks, I was already afraid it would be something like this..

I just downloaded the v1.2 patch and all of the texture packs. Very nice

:p

Good job on the textures, You may not believe this, but I am new to DXIW, although I liked Dx a lot Nice work anyways
    Shall we conduct bussines?

Having some problems with John P's textures.
    I've had to delete/reinstall my Deus Ex due to the DX:IW Community Texturepack. So I reinstalled it and patched to 1.2. And now I can't install any of the texture packs.

When I try to install the DX:IW MicroTexturePack I get this:

" Run-Time Error 76 Path not found "

When I try to install the DX:IW Community TexturePack the whole game crashes when I load/start a new game. And there's missing images on the main menu.

And when I try to install the Cumulative TexturePack, it says it's allready installed.

did you uninstall the texture pack first before delete/reinstalling the game?

dont mean to change the topic but wondered if anyone took a closer look at the second screenshot from the original poster, isn't that the face of Tracer Tong on the right hand side hologram???

who the bloody hell are the Tyrell Corperation anyway?

Question

I came across the same problem of Skinner. IBDpatcher did nothing (it just works like it finished the job in 1 second, and textures are not shown ingame).

However, I'm using the US disc version. I can be pretty sure of that.

FYI, the old IBDoverride works. Persumably I can override all 300+ texture of them with IDBoverride, but I'd appreciate if anyone can tell me what's the problem with IBDpatcher.

Some sanity checks:
    Clean install of game - yes, as far as I know
    Clean install of Cumulative texturepack - yes
    registry directory problem - no, or IDBpatcher will report path not found
    idb readonly - no.
    Antivirus - disabled, no effect

edit: I used IDBoverride to replace the textures of all available characters. It feels like a different game already. Thanks for the great work!

Originally Posted by jjmikhail
    who the bloody hell are the Tyrell Corperation anyway?
    Here's a clue.
    Age and treachery will defeat youth and skill every time.

I tried accessing John P.'s page DX:IW textures - http://www.john-p.com/textures/DX-IW/index.shtml - but I get a 509 error (bandwidth exceeded). Anyone knows if that will be remedied soon? (Next year I guess ).

Just one question...

How can you switch facial features and suits?
    Try to guard your own back. You may never know that the one who you trusted to look after your back will be the one who will stab you.

Page 3 of 3 First First 123